Bluhm Brothers Landscaping Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2000

451 Front Ave

Saint Paul, MN 55117

Your backyard landscaping should be a retreat from those long days at work and enjoy the summer. Nothing is more relaxing than a landscape that says "welcome home". Have Bluhm Brothers Landscaping complete that paver driveway or other landscaping projects you have been putting off. Whether your

06/22/2021

David P.

I have been a very loyal promoter of Bluhm brothers for over 20 years. They have done a number of jobs for us and I’ve recommended them to many people. I liked that they are family owned and had a very good work ethic and reasonably priced. But, no more. They play a good cop – bad cop routine that is basically dishonest. For the second time, the evening before a scheduled work project which was on a tight timeline, I got a text from a brother I had not dealt with who told me that their minimum charge for ANY service visit was $1500. As it turned out it took them less than 45 minutes to cut the cement. I think it should’ve cost me less than $100. I had to negotiate hard to pay just $750. These guys have changed unfortunately – and not for the better. Never again.

Description of Work
Cement piece cut away

Category mudjacking

05/21/2020

Drew M.

Beware of bad estimates. In the fall of 2019 we had Eden Bluhm update a landscaping estimate he had made two years previous, that we had not followed through on so we could save money. He did not modify the description of the work to be done, but increased the price from $10,000 to $13,000, saying that he has severely underbid our project two years earlier and now they had a formula (or a better formula) for making estimates. Despite the increase we decided to go with them for our project. Time ran out in the fall, so we were near the top of the list for the spring and the $13,000 price was good for the 2020 season. Then in May 2020, the weekday before the project was to begin, Eden and his brother went through our property to discuss the project with each other and Eden subsequently texted me that they wouldn’t do the project for any less than $18,500. This time he “gravely under bidded” our project. Now we’re back to square one and have come out of this feeling like we were deceived or we were dealing with ineptitude.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Removal of a Retaining Wall and Re-grading Lawn

Category landscaping, mudjacking

Dear [Member Name Removed], Again I'm so sorry for this! -Eden Bluhm

06/30/2019

Sylvia F.

Called and left messages three times this spring. No response. Went with another company.

Description of Work
Landscaping at my home

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Dear [Member Name Removed], Sorry for your experience so far with Bluhm Brothers Landscaping! Please feel free to call my direct cel number 651-231-2344 and I would gladly love to give you an ESTIMATE for work needed. Thanks! Eden Bluhm

09/13/2018

Stacie H.

Great job! Did a wonderful job installing lawn edging in a free-flowing pattern. Graded the area and built a small patio of pavers at bottom of deck steps along with new sod and a stepping stone path to the front patio.

Description of Work
Shady areas of lawn around trees needed edging and mulch

08/28/2018

jacob M.

We received an estimate from Eden and he did the used car salesman approach wanting to be my best friend and tried to charge me 15,000 for what I am getting done for under 5,000. He even added in landscaping that I didn't ask for to raise the cost of the job, said he was trying to help me out. Eden was a slick willy, can't see how anyone would want him representing their company as an estimator. He kept whispering in my ear like this was some big secret, I felt like this was insider trading or something. I guess he didn't want the neighbors to know how much he was trying to rip me off!

Description of Work
Retaining wall

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Huh? I own this business and have 0 reasons to ever whisper any Prices and that cheap of a wall down from what I quoted doesn't add up. This has to be a Hoax Review! Thanks! Eden BLUHM BROTHERS LANDSCAPING

07/03/2018

Candice B.

Description of Work
They regraded areas around the concrete, took off bushes & added sods, re-edged around the house & put some stones around

06/26/2018

Candice B.

The service was great, they did not leave any mess, they were fast, the people a talked with, the two brothers was very knowledgeable. I was very pleased & would hire them again. These guys are AWESOME! My yard was in dire need of clean up and these guys did all the clean up, landscaping, and then some. They also helped save me some hassle with my above-ground concrete by grading the lawn around it so frost wouldn't be come a problem later on. Very professional, polite, efficient, and knowledgeable. NO MESS left when they were done. Thanks guys!!

Description of Work
They Regraded areas around the concrete, took off bushes & added sods, re-edged around the house & put some stones around

06/25/2018

Jon F.

Excellent work and done on time with no surprises. Very efficient operation!

Description of Work
Replace mulch with rock

11/27/2017

George S.

I called and explained the service that I was seeking to the receptionist. She took down my details and promised a call back from the field guys. I never heard back. Awful customer service for a company that was highly rated on Angie's List. This makes me doubt the ratings and it affects the credibility of this site.

Description of Work

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Most small businesses can't afford a floor of people to respond to every Clients needs. Bluhm Brothers Landscaping is Sorry for your experience, but please understand that We still would Love to help You with Your Landscape Needs. Thanks for considering BLUHM BROTHERS LANDSCAPING!

10/28/2017

Scott N.

Everybody an the crew was top notch, They worked well together, they communicated with us as far as what was going on and what the plans were. It's actually a two stage project so we will be calling them back to finish the next section when we have the budget.

Description of Work
We have a back section that is hilly, and we had a whole bunch of buck thorn so they cleared all the buck thorn from hill. Built retaining wall out of railroad ties, so it's wood, brought in fill in to flatten out, so can have a garden. They also constructed and fire pit. Now Our yard is very hilly so the fire pit is raised and it's stone all around then pavers where you have your lawn chair and then fire pit in the middle with grate

10/21/2017

Lucy B.

They were good, but they advertised on Angie's List that there was financing...and there wasn't really financing. What I did was I went with their off-season rate and saved $1,000, but it was cash up front. They did very good work and Eden Blum had more of a vision of what to do than I did and that was fine because it is really beautiful. The rate was during their state fair rates. I did a little bit of checking around and it seemed to be about the going rate. I think I would tell people to shop and do more comparison shopping than I did. There is a lot of work to putting the brick in right so they did a good job, but it was a little hinky there on the financing.

Description of Work
I had a patio -- a couple -- one kind of big and one little patio area put in by Bluhm Brothers.

Category patios

09/25/2017

Sarah M.

Catherine came out and walked the whole property with me. Planned out everything I wanted. She is very knowledgeable. Had an estimate later that week. The work was done on time and John Bluhm even fixed my fence gate on his own time when he saw it needed an adjustment. It was awesome working with them.

Description of Work
I wanted a new border put in around our front flower beds, plants and weeds taken out of 5 separate areas of the yard and boulevard and landscaped. Also wanted railroad ties removed and replaced with a different retaining system.

09/18/2017

Jerami T.

It was free. Average. I thought the price was too high. I just gave him kind of a summary of what I was looking to do and kind of just gave me a ballpark of what it would be to make sure we're talking in the same, it wasn't worth his time if I was thinking two thousand. and he was thinking twenty thousand.

Description of Work
They just gave me a phone estimate. Excavating and a boulder wall.

Category hardscaping

We don't do work in this area. Thanks for considering BLUHM BROTHERS LANDSCAPING!

09/10/2017

WENDE D.

The job went incredibly well. I was thrilled with the Bluhm Brothers work and the finished product. They arrived to start the project when they said they would and completed the project on time in 3 days. I even lucked out and had my project completed a few weeks early after another of the Bluhm Bros. customers postponed their project. Once on site, the team worked quite hard over the long days. They were respectful of my property and that of my neighbor's when working along the property line. I found the team really easy to work with, particularly when we were brainstorming how to install the fountain. T hey performed all of the work we discussed and came in on budget. They went above and beyond on this project - making unplanned pick-ups from Gertens and even cleaning my gutters for me - and it shows. I love sitting out on the new patio! Many thanks to Eden, Jared, Johnny & their team for rejuvenating my property so I can once again enjoy the beauty of my backyard.

Description of Work
I hired Bluhm Brothers to install a large concrete paver patio in my backyard and to remove landscaping from the front yard. In the backyard, they removed the existing landscaping across the yard, installed the patio, created plant beds around the patio, installed a few trees and plants in the new beds, mulched all the beds, and laid down new sod. In the front yard, they removed an overgrown bed and replaced it with sod. They also removed several shrubs, transplanted ground cover to new sites, and mulched the remaining beds. In addition, I had a DIY project planned that involved installing a pondless fountain at the edge of the patio. I did all of the research on how to construct the fountain and purchased all of the equipment and materials, they helped me plan and prep the site and install the fountain.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, patios

08/30/2017

Erica G.

Bluhm Brothers did a wonderful job. They took time to visit with us up front and were really attentive to our landscaping needs. We'd highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Landscaping of our front yard and side of house.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, mulch

08/11/2017

Scott R.

Project started on time and proceeded uninterrupted. Excellent workmanship. Daily cleanup was very thorough.

Description of Work
Approximately 175' of retaking walls, re-graded entire lot. Moved existing landscaping plants, sod.

Category excavators, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

07/17/2017

Erik U.

Amazing! They worked with our vision and took it further than we could imagine. The backyard is like a new part of the house. Great to work with.

Description of Work
Redesign and work to hard scale backyard

07/13/2017

Heidi T.

I only talked on the phone they were professional and prompt

Description of Work
I did had some turf I needed maintenance on -

07/01/2017

JEANNE B.

We put down a $4,000 deposit against a bid/estimate of $7,265. That was over a month prior to when they could start work. One week before the work was to start they came over for a walk through. Shortly after they said they couldn't honor their original bid and the actual cost would be more than double the written quote. Obviously I said no and asked for my deposit back. All in all I lost five weeks time when I could have been searching for other bids, plus a 4+ week lag time once I find a new contractor. And despite being told I would have my deposit back by June 30, I haven't yet received it.

Description of Work
Yard regraded on three sides of house with landscape (sod, rock, mulch depending on area). Regrade of yard to allow water to flow away from house foundation.

Category landscaping

Dear [Member Name Removed], Bluhm Brothers Landscaping is SORRY that You had to be involved with a messy situation of a long time Sales person who wasn't doing the right figuring on ESTIMATES this Spring. We released him 3 weeks ago, but had the task of correcting his sold ESTIMATES, and Your job was the last one. We mailed back Your $4000 Deposit on Friday, July 30th. SORRY! Bluhm Brothers Landscaping

06/14/2017

Bruce N.

Work was postponed a few days, but really to events beyond their control (rain). Perhaps could have stayed in better touch about rescheduling, but I am sure they were just busy. The also moved me up in their schedule because of an event deadline by which I needed the work done. The work crew was excellent -- in particular really worked **** ** some difficult replacement of asphalt with pavers where old concrete footings had to be busted up and sawed off.

Description of Work
16 x 24 paver patio; sodding; grading and flagstone path; replace asphalt with pavers.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, patios

05/15/2017

Joseph W.

Excellent. They worked very hard and got all of the work completed in three days which included a rain event.

Description of Work
They removed an existing deck and built a paver patio. The work also involved improving the grade along the house and smoothing out a portion of the yard.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

05/13/2017

Eric H.

I have a somewhat shady lot. I spoke to several landscapers and all of them declined to install sod because they were concerned it wouldn't last. Manny from Bluhm Bros assured me several times that he had installed sod on many lots shadier than mine and that it grow no problem. I asked him what happens if it doesn't come up next year and he said we will work with you. By the following August, it was mostly dead. When I called Manny, he said he would come over. Three weeks later he came over, then called and said I have to put some seed on it. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. He never once apologized and blamed me for not calling him back and overwatering (although all he said in his message was that I needed to seed and he has no idea how much watering I did). I then talked to Eden and got the same treatment. No apology for his employee assuring me the sod would take and lots of excuses. It was the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Don't have them install sod. Don't listed to snake oil salesman. Don't make the mistake I made.

Description of Work
Grading and sodding.

Category lawn service

This is not the real story! This member's backyard lawn area needed major grading. Yes Manny told them their grass would grow if it was properly GRADED and they were to over seed shaded areas as needed. Bluhm Brothers Landscaping was Hired during the 2015 Season to remove existing turf layer, properly grade entire area with Topsoil, and install Sod on total area. On completion of Job, Manny did tell them if they had any questions about further care for their lawn to feel free to contact Him. NOTE: Bluhm Brothers Landscaping ONLY Warranties Trees, Shrubs, Plants, and Sod with in 30 Days of installation. And is told to all Clients as of 2010. This member failed to mention: -The grade was properly fixed. -The Sod did take root. -The in ground irrigation was running the whole wettest 2016 Season on record. -The new lawn was cut at an unknown depth. -Manny did show up for the scheduled visit in the following 2016 August, and they weren't there so now it was over the phone. Bluhm Brothers Landscaping has been Regrading existing yards for over 20 years, and have never been called "snake oil". Proper GRADING is what Bluhm Brothers tells and sells Clients for a newly Sodded lawn area. Bluhm Brothers Landscaping is SORRY this member feels the way they do, but after We do the Proper job and 30 Days from installation, it's out of Our hands. Please Consider! Bluhm Brothers Landscaping, Inc.

04/12/2017

A H E.

Very pleased w/the service. They are prompt and do a thorough job.

Description of Work
I've used them for years for snow removal from my driveway and sidewalks.

Category snow removal

01/17/2017

Sean G.

Great!!!! They showed up on time, worked hard, and completed the project in timely manner.

Description of Work
Two tiered retaining wall. Very nice work and completed in one week.

01/04/2017

Judith Y B.

They were great! They turned a eyesore into something beautiful. We plan on having them out again to do another area of our yard.

Description of Work
They were hired for landscape work. Dug a hillside down so the slope wasn't as steep, planted three different types of plants. They also mulched and laid top soil.

Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago.

Rogers Masonry

I started in the Masonry business in 1976 and have been working ever since. I started my business in 1980 and incorporated in 1986. We are a small company with an experienced crew. They've all worked with me for the last 20 years. Experienced with working with condo associations and large building tuck pointing, brickwork, and stone work.

Property Doctors Inc.

We bring 30+ years experience in the construction industry, superior project management skills and extensive construction experience to every project we assess. We love to help problem solve and find the best solutions for you, and your home. Our Motto: "Transforming Homes to exceed Home Owners Expectations. Building Trust with Insurance companies to provide full restoration services for their customers. Building Trust in the community to provide all of their Property needs. These are the Foundations and Values we hold at Property Doctors Inc." let us know what problem. concern or plan you have and we can advise you on all your options.

20101030
    625 Robert St. N., St Paul. 55155
    MN. Department of Agriculture
    12/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Landscaping – Design, Patios, Pathways & Walkways, Retaining Walls, Ponds, Rock & Mulch Beds, Shrubs, Plant, & Tree Installation, Sodding, Grading & Erosion Control, & Stacking & Hauling. Residential Snow Removal.

Mowing • Lawn Chemical Applications • Tree Trimming & Removal