It’s crucial to protect your home with a home warranty, home insurance, or both. Use our guide to understand the differences between the two.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Raleigh, NC
There are 2 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Raleigh
- Total Care Home RepairTerry was extremely communicative. We were easily able to schedule walk throughs and repairs within my time-frame. After finishing his work Terry cleaned up and left our property the way he found it. We were very pleased and look forward to working with Total Home Repair again in the future.
- America’s Preferred Home Warranty IncAs our house was under warranty, we contacted America's Preferred Home Warranty. We could not have been more pleased with their responsiveness and service. We followed all the instructions (calling them first, having the contractor talk with them before performing work, etc.), and APHW complied with courteous professionalism every step of the way. They paid exactly what the policy covered, sent a check within a week, and followed up to make sure we were satisfied
- ALLSTATE INSURANCE COI have been with them for many years. They have usually pretty speedy service, are professional and courteous.
- Total Care Home RepairThe work went great. We booked the work about 4 weeks out to accommodate our schedules, and he estimated one week for installation. Terry was open to any help/manpower that I could provide. I performed the demo on the old ceramic floor, but he hauled away all of the debris. We agreed that I would purchase the tiles, and he would provide all of the other installation materials. Terry started promptly at 8 AM each morning, and worked steady until 4/5 each day. When we had one small setback,Terry came out on a Saturday to help keep the project on track. Terry is a very hardworking honest individual. His estimates are accurate, and he works to ensure the customer is completely satisfied. Your materials cost is his cost. This is the second project we had Terry do for us. He previously installed a new bathroom tile floor and vanity for us. I would recommend Total Care Home Repair for your next project
- High Tech Home WarrantiesAll was repaired and updated. Work was EXTREMELY prompt, professional, well priced, and beautifully done. I HIGHLY recommend High Tech.
- Home Security of America IncI don't think there's a home warranty company that's perfect. Generally when we call HSA we are already frustrated that something in the house has been broken so I try to let that cloud my judgement when I call HSA. But overall, HSA has been very good to us. Yes, sometimes wait times on the phone are long but I find their front line customer service reps to be very nice and responsive to our needs. And whenever we've had issues they always try to rectify what's gone wrong. Pros: -If you have multiple problems in the house, that can be fixed by one tech, they won't charge you multiple times. We once had a guy come fix our refrigerator. He fixed the fridge, then he fixed the washing machine and then the drier. Just one $75 deductible. -Friendly customer service agents -multiple claims correctly serviced and solved over two years. Here is the only dispute we've had that was resolved to our satisfaction: Our air conditioner was having problems. HSA sends a tech to fix it. We pay $75. In addition to fixing it he said there was not enough freon in the system. So he added some freon. Next two months our power costs skyrocket and the air conditioner shakes the house when it shuts off. Call HSA again. They send another tech to fix it. We pay another $75. The tech says that there is too much freon and that is what is causing problems. We called HSA and tell them their first tech caused the problem remedied by the second tech and we don't think we should have to pay the second $75. They comply and refund us one of the $75. Dispute resolved amicably :) Cons: -My main annoyance with HSA is that their computer randomly picks the tech that will come out to your house from their list of pre-approved techs. I don't mind that they have a list of pre-approved techs. I just don't like that I can't pick the best tech out of the list. Especially if it's the same thing that's broken twice. For example, our shower on the second floor was leaking to the ceiling on the first floor. One guy came and fixed it. A year later, same thing was happening. We called again and they called in a new tech. The first guy probably didn't fix the problem completely and that's why it was leaking again. However, because it had been more than two months it was considered a new claim and so they had to call in a new guy (instead of sending the old guy or calling him and asking him why it was happening again) and we had to pay $75 again
- Total ProtectI don't like them. I pay so much per month and they provide, like, your plumbing and electrical work and stuff like that, including the stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. I had a bad experience with them last year. They tried to charge more money than I had already paid. The person I was speaking with I asked to speak to their boss and they told me they were not there and would call me the next day. They called me the next day and apologized and told me I did not have to pay any additional. I was mistreated. They chose who to send out here and they did not know they type of work that needed done. I told them what was needed and my experience was terrible. I pay a monthly fee of $34 monthly. The price is not bad. I have had more terrible experiences with them. Once over the holidays I called about my refrigerator and no one was available and they are supposed to have people available over the weekends and holidays. I told them about that and I was very disappointed. They have been good in some things but they have been bad in some. Sometimes they have not given me top quality appliances and I told them I wanted the quality that I wanted. Their responsiveness was okay
- Sears Home ServicesAvoid at all costs. I've now taken a total of 6 days off work to have oven repair — either for diagnosis or part replacement. My oven is still broken, and I've been stood up for appointments two days in a row. I will never recommend a Sears Home Warranty contract to anyone. The process has been a nightmare and a waste of money. The last tech called to cancel and said I was selfish for needing him to send someone else (after being stood up two days in a row)
- 2-10 Home Buyers WarrentyProvided responses right away. Plumber needed permission to cut into wall & still could not determine problem; decided to refer problem to appliance section, 2-10 then decided NOT to honor repair work of holes in the wall! Said "venting" wasn't covered and they had no record of giving permission. Well, the problem was not detremined to be "venting", it was referred. The poor plumber was appalled and we are left with 3 holes in our wall and no funds to repair it and no diagnosis for our problem. Management did not take our call. Customer service just sang and smiled..
- Home Security of America IncAVOID AT ALL COSTS. Explanation below. Not only will they do everything to deny your claim, they hide behind a clause in their contract and, now let me bold this: YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT UNLESS YOUR STATE HAS A SPECIFIC PROVISION ALLOWING THE CONTRACT TO BE CANCELLED I am not kidding. They will charge you, deny your claim, then gleefully tell you on the phone that you aren't even allowed to request your money back. I asked the woman I spoke to on the phone, point blank, is that they charged me knowing with certainty (and without warning) that they knew I had no way of requesting my money back, and she said "Absolutely". When I told her I was intending to post these negative reviews she said, and I'm still quoting. "Okay sir, Have a nice day." Oh, and by the way, the local HSA sales office originally offered us nearly 400$ towards our repair to keep us a satisfied customer. Sounds pretty fair, right? Unfortunately, they later called us stating that they would not only pay the money towards our repair, but they would not even give us their contact information! They wouldn't even speak to us about it! This company is a sham, and the whole point is to charge you money with no intention of assisting you with any kind of repair or service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR CASH. Do what my plumber recommended when I told him about this situation. Save your money for repairs our of pocket, because HSA has no intention of ever assisting you with anything. Side note: I didn't even bother to mention how their reps will yell, argue, and in one case, even curse at you when you're on the phone with them. I even heard the voice on the other end of the phone from across the room when my partner called. This is the worst example of customer service I've ever experienced
Last update on October 23, 2018
Home Warranty Companies in Raleigh
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
Not all home warranties are created the same. Here’s how to make sure you’ve got the right coverage for your home appliances and systems.
Here’s what you need to know to protect yourself and your checkbook in the wake of a home emergency. Learn more about these common natural disaster scams.
Find home warranty companies in
- Wake Forest,
- Archer Lodge,
- Fuquay Varina,
- Holly Springs,
- Willow Spring,
- New Hill,
- Wilsons Mills,
- Chapel Hill,
home warranty companies in Raleigh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advantage Home Inspection Raleigh4020 Wake Forest Rd Ste 111
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
- High Tech Home Warranties315 Hubert St
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
- Mechanical Services of Raleigh819 Purser Dr Ste A
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
- Sears Home Services4900B Craftsman Dr Ste 104
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
- Advantage Home Inspection Raleigh
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- Faison Plumbing Plus2555 Capital Dr Suite E1
Creedmoor, North Carolina 27522
- Faison Plumbing Plus
- Home Team Handyman Service422 Spartacus Court
Cary, North Carolina 27518
- Home Team Handyman Service
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
- Surface Link