A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Nashville, TN
There are 10 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Nashville
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service IncAustin, with Elitte Septic, was on time, professional and did an amazing job. He took time to answer all our questions and explain the process. He was great. Good company and employee.
- Maxwell Septic PumpingThe lady on the phone was very courteous and helpful. She gave me a time slot and the driver call me 10 minutes out. Johnny was very courteous and helpful as well and gave advice on the condition of the tank. Job well done
- Lee CompanyThey are good. We are actually on their monthly service contract which means we pay a monthly fee which gives priority on a service call plus a discount and they do come and do work. Within a month of being here, we had to have a whole new sewer connection. They will not be the least expensive but if there is a problem, I can call them and they send someone to fix it. Its just been a real good experience. They actually said they can do anything in your house that needs doing. They are very convenient, there's never a question about them coming and they call within a window and call when they are thirty minutes away
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service IncThis company did an excellent job! The first time they came out they pumped it and snaked it up to the house.They said someone else needed to snake it from the toilet now.That's what we did and it still didn't work.It was almost completely blocked.Elite came back and used a power jet wash on the line and it worked! We thought we were gonna have to replace the whole line.Austin came out the last time and did a great job and was very courteous and polite.He was very professional.The first one that came out was also.My mother who is 75 loved him and she doesn't like anybody usually.We were so relieved when this started working again.Elite showed up when they said they would and did what they said they would.You can't do any better than that! This is the best company I would recommend to anyone
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service IncThey called to let me know when they would arrive. They were on time, professional, answered my questions and did a great job.
- Shamrock Septic ServiceThe job was done perfectly and professionally. The team was on time, friendly, cordial and extremely knowledgeable. They began to locate the tank and did so in minimum time. Once found, they dug it up, raised the lid and found a slight stoppage, which was all it really needed. But at my request they brought out the large hoses and completely drained the tank; which would last for years and years. But this service was only the tip of the problems I was having. Today I lost my loving brother to leukemia which was more than I could bear. They tender and remorseful and said they would keep him in their prayers. In this company I not only found a highly determined and professional team, but more than that, wonderful people that I could get to know as friends. I highly recommend them for any of their services and guarantee you would not be disappointed. In every respect they were the answer to my prayers
- Maxwell Septic PumpingMurphey was the technician that performed the work and was personable and very pleasant! Such a nice young man. The service was performed the day I called and the company was good at letting me know when he would arrive. I would highly recommend this company.
- Lee CompanyTechnician came and briefly looked at the system and said it was working fine. He flushed the toilet in the basement a few times and ran the water in the shower for a couple of minutes. He then plugged it back in and the noise stopped and the water stopped running. Total time in the house was less than 15 minutes. He said the issue was that the filter needed replacing. He then charged me more than the $49 that was agreed upon when I first called. His report actually stated that he stayed for 2 hours and he "gave me a discount". I called the company and the receptionist was shocked I got charged more. The issue occurred again about 5 days later and they sent another technician. This time, he explained that the issue wasn't the water softener but actually a valve in one of the pipes for the bathroom was sticking and the should be an easy fix by running the water for a few minutes. He was actually very competent and I appreciated that. All their employees should be like this guy! Ultimately, it took more than 3 weeks, repeated calls, and threats of reporting to BBB to get reimbursed for paying more money than what was agreed upon because managers didn't want to admit fault for poor service. If communication was improved and technicians actually billed for what they did, I'd give a better review
- Lee CompanyI use to use them all of the time. Now I don't feel that they are honest. The plumber treated me like I was stupid. I know the plumbing history in my home, and I didn't need him to tell me that I didn't understand it. They charged me for things that were not done. I called the manager and got a partial rebate. I am now looking for another company
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service IncIt went great. Young man was on time, friendly and nice. Done the clean out. I paid him with credit card and he left. Very satisfied with all. Thanks
Last update on December 8, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Nashville, TN
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
In order to function properly, your septic tank needs to be regularly inspected and emptied. How often you should get your septic tank inspected depends on a few factors.
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works launched the Septic Tank Elimination Program to convert Indianapolis homes with a septic tank to city sewer.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in Nashville, TN
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- American Plumbing Professionals of Middle TNPO Box 111542
Nashville, Tennessee 37222
- HOLT PLUMBING CO., LLC2608 MURFREESBORO PK STE 100
Nashville, Tennessee 37217
- Mr. Rooter4235 Hillsboro Pike
Nashville, Tennessee 37215
- Myatt Construction LLC165 Belle Forest Cir # A
Nashville, Tennessee 37221
- Springer PlumbingPO Box 70073
Nashville, Tennessee 37207
- Steakley Plumbing Company1803 Nolensville Rd.
Nashville, Tennessee 37210
- The Wills Company6606 CHARLOTTE PIKE STE 201
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
- American Plumbing Professionals of Middle TN
- BINKLEY'S BACKHOE SERVICE5505 WILKINS BRANCH RD
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
- BINKLEY'S BACKHOE SERVICE
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service Inc1035 Bradley Dr.
Springfield, Tennessee 37172
- Elitte Septic Tank & Grease Trap Service Inc
- Felts Plumbing Inc177 Collier Ln
Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
- Felts Plumbing Inc
- I Dig It339 E Due W
Madison, Tennessee 37115
- I Dig It
- Lee Company4057 Rural Plains Cir
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
- Lee Company
- Master Plumbing of Tennessee423 Waldron Rd.
La Vergne, Tennessee 37086
- Maxwell Septic Pumping695 Nashville Pike #200
Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
- Mr Rooter Plumbing of Chattanooga900 Creekside Rd
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37406
- Mr Rooter Plumbing of Middle Tennessee2215 NW Broad St
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129
- Master Plumbing of Tennessee
- Steve Mull Plumbing LLC302 S Maple St
Lebanon, Tennessee 37087
- Steve Mull Plumbing LLC
Septic tank companies that service Nashville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.