If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Milwaukee, WI
There are 2 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Milwaukee
- Home Security of America IncI had a good experience in the month of April. Our microwave stopped working and they dispatched a service man over to our house. He suggested that we get a new microwave. They denied the claim but said that they had him fix it so they ordered parts and he fixed it. That went relatively well but I still wouldn't give them an A. The person that they sent out was fine, he was good. You have a home warranty and you have to pay them every month. If you don't have any claims during the year it's like $500 for me so when I have claim I have to pay an additional $75 every time somebody comes out even if it is a little simple thing. I expect to at least get customer service that is calling me back, that's when you call the number it says check online when you go online there's nothing there to view. It's just so annoying
- Home Security of America IncI inherited an HSA Home Warranty with the purchase of my condominium 10 months ago. When the 5 1/2yr. old Kenmore Clothes Washer/Dryer which I also inherited became off-balance, I contacted HSA, who referred me to A&E Factory Service. I scheduled a Service Appointment for the next morning, and was STOOD-UP, with NO NOTICE. When I called them, they stated that my appt. "...had been cancelled." When I asked why, they stated that "...it had been entered incorrectly."...??!!? I re-scheduled for the next morning, as they were, of course, 'all booked-up' for that same afternoon. The Service Tech. arrived late the next morning, and diagnosed my washer as having a broken spring. He ordered a set of 4 new springs, and a new base, and established a new appointment for one week away, by which time he was sure I would have received the new parts. Two Service Techs. arrived on the scheduled date, one week later, and we collectively discovered that the Base, an important part among those ordered, had NOT yet arrived. When he checked via phone, he was told that the missing Base was "...on BACKORDER," with NO ESTIMATE of when it might arrive! Two e-mails sent to HSA Home Warranty by this time had gone unanswered... After a visit to a laundromat, my roommate and I decided, two days later, to simply purchase a new washer/dryer combo at Best Buy. We did so on 4/20/13, at a cost of about $2,100.00, with Extended Warranties. Exactly two days later, the 'Backordered' Base for the Kenmore was suddenly delivered...!! So the Base arrived four days after we were told that it was "...on backorder at Whirlpool," and three days after we ordered our new LG combo at Best Buy. NOTHING SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT, IS THERE?!?!? I notified HSA Home Warranty of these events, and told them to cancel A&E Factory Service, as the broken Kenmore unit was now gone, to it's final (unhappy) resting place. Meanwhile, A&E began an amazing series of harassing phone calls, wanting us to re-schedule the repair appointment. At least some of these were AUTOMATED phone calls, placed at random times, and, over a span of 8 days, totaled 25 CALLS (as well as a couple of unscheduled visits, where notes were left on my mailbox)!!! It does not seem to have occurred to anyone that I WORK FULLTIME, and taking personal calls while at work is 'frowned-upon.' When HSA tried to call during the day, my roommate answered, but they would not speak to her... We offered that the repair parts could be returned, if HSA cared to furnish us with return shipping labels. This time, UPS showed up unannounced, leaving a note, and when my roommate called them back, they were evasive, and rude, hanging-up on her. Eventually, they took the repair parts back. I wrote HSA a detailed letter, requesting to be reimbursed for $1,000.00, roughly half of what I had spent. Initially, they agreed to $367.00, but later, after examining my purchase receipts, and threats from me to enlist the help of my local Milwaukee Area Better Business Bureau, as well as contacting my State Attorney General, they raised this to $500.00 reimbursement, which was more satisfactory. I did receive this check roughly FIVE WEEKS later; I waited exactly four weeks, received a letter from their Sales Dept., urging me to RENEW my Home warranty (?!), then e-mailed them a reminder about the promised check. HSA proved apathetic, for the most part, failing to answer several e-mails I sent them through their own site, on which I am registered. Their chosen subcontractor, "A&E Factory Service," is a bunch of inept clowns. With the exception of the Service Tech. who came initially, to diagnose the problem (for which I paid a $75.00 Deductible Service Charge, never refunded...), they proved unreliable and irritating. The listing on my bank account for the A&E Service Call was "SEARS Roebuck, Grand Rapids, MI," and don't look in the phone book for A&E, they are NOT THERE (I wonder why...?!?). The $400.00 with which the former owner of my condo purchased my Home Warranty was, therefore, eventually returned to me, though this did not fully cover all of my expenses. If you are ever faced with the prospect of doing any business with HSA Home Warranty, or A&E Factory Warranty, SAVE YOUR MONEY, AND AVOID THE FRUSTRATION...I ADVISE YOU AVOID BOTH OF THESE POORLY-RUN BUSINESSES
- Home Security of America IncWe called them to repair our faucet. I'm not a young woman but I'm not a super old woman either. This was the worst customer service that I have had in my entire life. The worst. I had one person, the guy's name was James. James was fabulous. James should be promoted to president. He's the only person that gave a damn. I still have his message on my voice mail. He was sincere, he said I'm going to get to the bottom of this. This is what we have to do. I will call you back. I never heard back from him but it's because they gave it over to somebody else. So he did his job. Nobody else there did their job. I wish I would have had his direct line because I would have called him to thank him. Everybody else there, including the supervisor that I insited that I talk to, that I was on the phone for for 45 minutes, the first 25 minutes she did not give a hoot about what I was talking about. She was so cavalier, oh blah, blah, blah. Until I started raising my voice. I told her how much time I've been on the phone, how much time I've wasted, why is this happening, why are you not getting back to me, this is the shoddiest customer service I've had in my entire life and on and on and on and on. She gave me her email address. I sent information out 4 different times before I got a reply. Left voice mail messages because now I had 2 different people who still did not get back to me to tell me what was going on. Then they blindsided me by sending out a different plumbing company. I got home and had a message that said we're dispatching Carl's Plumbing please call them to make an appointment. Never told me they gave up on Express Plumbing. Never told me they were going to do this. I had to write an email saying I wasn't going to pay another $75 to have a new plumbing company to come out here. How can you have such shoddy service. You have three phone numbers for me, you have my house phone, my cell phone, and my work phone and you didn't try to reach me at anyone of my three numbers that you have. You didn't try to reach me via email, you just went ahead and did this without my approval, you just went ahead and did this. That meant making another appointment, another 2 hour appointment, taking time off of work, either my husband or I, having a new plumber come out to the house and a new plumber diagnose it, sending the claim in. The whole time was ridiculous. After 112 minutes of being on hold before even speaking to someone, I was on hold another 11 or 12 minutes before I could speak to a manager and she didn't give a damn when she got on the phone. She had an attitude. I don't know what her deal was. Every time I called I would ask why is there so much hold time. Well, this is our busy time. I spoke to so many incompetent people on the phone or that needed training. Every single time I asked they would say this is their busy time and people's air conditioning was breaking down. I had probably 6 different people that I spoke to
Home Warranty Companies in Milwaukee
- Business Description:5-Star rated service company 15 years in a rowRecent Review:Found this company on angi.com. Had not used them before. They were able to schedule the work within two days of my initial call. The company showed up right on time and completed the work within an hour. Given the age of the bibb and the means by which it was installed, the company had to install some new piping as well. Was able to apply the $10 angi.com discount coupon to final bill. I'd certainly use this company againBRETT C.
- Business Description:We have a Lead Service Tech that has been with us for 16 years, a Lead Installer that has been with us for 10 years and other employees who are well trained in each area of their expertise. Repairs are done at a flat rate-no hidden fees; We offer several choices of yearly Maintenance plans; We offer in-home estimates free of charge for new equipment installation or if you are looking for a quick quote, we can accommodate that tooRecent Review:D & M is topnotch, great, dedicated people and highly quality services. Very knowledgeable contractors.Susan T.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business.Recent Review:HVAC professional told this Home Warranty Inc that I had a leak in my A/C coil and would leak again if filled. Home Warranty Inc said that I had to pay for it to be refilled at a cost around $500 at my expense to see if it leaks???? I paid my premiums for over 2 yrs and the 1st time I call them to put in a claim they told me I would have to pay out of my own pocket before they would fix the A/C despite the the HVAC told them it wouldn't fix the problem and the RF 22 old refrigerant would leak into the air which they seemed not to care it is environmentally bad & illegal. Read their fine print in detail the list what they won't cover and what I was told is they repair things not replace them. Plus they have a cap on how much they really will spend to fix A/C units. ($2,500) Which means anything they to repair on your A/C deducts from that cap per year. But their advertising sure makes it look like they would fix A/C issues and happily take your money! FL F.
- Business Description:Moisture Warranty is the only national moisture warranty for protecting stucco homes from the damage of moisture intrusion. Protect yourself and your home and clients with MoistureFree Stucco Warranty.
- Business Description:We provide residential and commercial interior and exterior painting, staining and wallcovering services throughout the Greater Milwaukee Area. We have been in business for over 15 years and because customer satisfaction always comes FIRST, we are rated "A" by the Better Business Bureau. All of our employees have at least ten years of professional painting experience. We are a smaller, closely-held and closely-supervised company in order to insure quality results. Very importantly, we use ..Recent Review:Jeff arrived on-time for the appointment and was a friendly guy who seemed knowledgeable. I received a quote for the work the next business day, and it was roughly equivalent to the estimate I received from another company ($2,895 for the exterior house work, $395 for the steps.) I signed a contract on 4/22/15 and Jeff said he would get back to me in June with a tentative schedule. The contract specified an intended time frame of "this summer." <br /> I emailed him on 6/28/15 because I had not heard anything. He said that they were backlogged due to weather and estimated that he could complete the work in late August. He said he would get back to me in late July with a more definitive answer. <br /> I emailed him on 8/17/15 because I had not heard anything and I wanted to make sure the work would be completed before the fall weather arrives. He said he believes they could complete the work this season but could not give me a firm date or guarantee that they will be able to complete it. <br /> On 9/15/15, I still had not heard anything so I canceled the contract with no penalty according to the cancellation terms he provided. He replied that he was sorry to lose the business and that they were planning to start the house on 9/28/15. But, he said, "we have plenty of other work to do." <br /> I liked Jeff and wanted to work with his company, but it was frustrating to wait almost five months for the work to be scheduled. And in the end, it seemed like he didn't really need or want my business. <br /Andrew F.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Pieper Electric Inc.Recent Review:They are wonderful. The service is wonderful. You know how much it will cost before they come out. They’re prices are reasonable. I would be so happy if every service provider treated me like that. He treated me with respect. He was prompt and the service was excellentMary V. M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Find home warranty companies in
home warranty companies in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1 CARE VEHICLE SERVICE PROTECTIONPO BOX 21647
Saint Petersburg, Florida
- 1 CARE VEHICLE SERVICE PROTECTION
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- American Residential Warranty
- D & M Heating & Air Conditioning Inc4227 S 13th St
- D & M Heating & Air Conditioning Inc
- East Side Professional Painting3070 N Hackett Avenue
- East Side Professional Painting
- MoistureFree Warranty20227 Railroad St
Cornelius, North Carolina
- MoistureFree Warranty
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri
- Rescue Link
- VINCENT PLUMBING & HEATINGW304S3925 Brookhill Rd
- VINCENT PLUMBING & HEATING