If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Milwaukee, WI
There are 1 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Milwaukee
- Home Security of America IncI had a good experience in the month of April. Our microwave stopped working and they dispatched a service man over to our house. He suggested that we get a new microwave. They denied the claim but said that they had him fix it so they ordered parts and he fixed it. That went relatively well but I still wouldn't give them an A. The person that they sent out was fine, he was good. You have a home warranty and you have to pay them every month. If you don't have any claims during the year it's like $500 for me so when I have claim I have to pay an additional $75 every time somebody comes out even if it is a little simple thing. I expect to at least get customer service that is calling me back, that's when you call the number it says check online when you go online there's nothing there to view. It's just so annoying
- Home Security of America IncI inherited an HSA Home Warranty with the purchase of my condominium 10 months ago. When the 5 1/2yr. old Kenmore Clothes Washer/Dryer which I also inherited became off-balance, I contacted HSA, who referred me to A&E Factory Service. I scheduled a Service Appointment for the next morning, and was STOOD-UP, with NO NOTICE. When I called them, they stated that my appt. "...had been cancelled." When I asked why, they stated that "...it had been entered incorrectly."...??!!? I re-scheduled for the next morning, as they were, of course, 'all booked-up' for that same afternoon. The Service Tech. arrived late the next morning, and diagnosed my washer as having a broken spring. He ordered a set of 4 new springs, and a new base, and established a new appointment for one week away, by which time he was sure I would have received the new parts. Two Service Techs. arrived on the scheduled date, one week later, and we collectively discovered that the Base, an important part among those ordered, had NOT yet arrived. When he checked via phone, he was told that the missing Base was "...on BACKORDER," with NO ESTIMATE of when it might arrive! Two e-mails sent to HSA Home Warranty by this time had gone unanswered... After a visit to a laundromat, my roommate and I decided, two days later, to simply purchase a new washer/dryer combo at Best Buy. We did so on 4/20/13, at a cost of about $2,100.00, with Extended Warranties. Exactly two days later, the 'Backordered' Base for the Kenmore was suddenly delivered...!! So the Base arrived four days after we were told that it was "...on backorder at Whirlpool," and three days after we ordered our new LG combo at Best Buy. NOTHING SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT, IS THERE?!?!? I notified HSA Home Warranty of these events, and told them to cancel A&E Factory Service, as the broken Kenmore unit was now gone, to it's final (unhappy) resting place. Meanwhile, A&E began an amazing series of harassing phone calls, wanting us to re-schedule the repair appointment. At least some of these were AUTOMATED phone calls, placed at random times, and, over a span of 8 days, totaled 25 CALLS (as well as a couple of unscheduled visits, where notes were left on my mailbox)!!! It does not seem to have occurred to anyone that I WORK FULLTIME, and taking personal calls while at work is 'frowned-upon.' When HSA tried to call during the day, my roommate answered, but they would not speak to her... We offered that the repair parts could be returned, if HSA cared to furnish us with return shipping labels. This time, UPS showed up unannounced, leaving a note, and when my roommate called them back, they were evasive, and rude, hanging-up on her. Eventually, they took the repair parts back. I wrote HSA a detailed letter, requesting to be reimbursed for $1,000.00, roughly half of what I had spent. Initially, they agreed to $367.00, but later, after examining my purchase receipts, and threats from me to enlist the help of my local Milwaukee Area Better Business Bureau, as well as contacting my State Attorney General, they raised this to $500.00 reimbursement, which was more satisfactory. I did receive this check roughly FIVE WEEKS later; I waited exactly four weeks, received a letter from their Sales Dept., urging me to RENEW my Home warranty (?!), then e-mailed them a reminder about the promised check. HSA proved apathetic, for the most part, failing to answer several e-mails I sent them through their own site, on which I am registered. Their chosen subcontractor, "A&E Factory Service," is a bunch of inept clowns. With the exception of the Service Tech. who came initially, to diagnose the problem (for which I paid a $75.00 Deductible Service Charge, never refunded...), they proved unreliable and irritating. The listing on my bank account for the A&E Service Call was "SEARS Roebuck, Grand Rapids, MI," and don't look in the phone book for A&E, they are NOT THERE (I wonder why...?!?). The $400.00 with which the former owner of my condo purchased my Home Warranty was, therefore, eventually returned to me, though this did not fully cover all of my expenses. If you are ever faced with the prospect of doing any business with HSA Home Warranty, or A&E Factory Warranty, SAVE YOUR MONEY, AND AVOID THE FRUSTRATION...I ADVISE YOU AVOID BOTH OF THESE POORLY-RUN BUSINESSES
- Home Security of America IncWe called them to repair our faucet. I'm not a young woman but I'm not a super old woman either. This was the worst customer service that I have had in my entire life. The worst. I had one person, the guy's name was James. James was fabulous. James should be promoted to president. He's the only person that gave a damn. I still have his message on my voice mail. He was sincere, he said I'm going to get to the bottom of this. This is what we have to do. I will call you back. I never heard back from him but it's because they gave it over to somebody else. So he did his job. Nobody else there did their job. I wish I would have had his direct line because I would have called him to thank him. Everybody else there, including the supervisor that I insited that I talk to, that I was on the phone for for 45 minutes, the first 25 minutes she did not give a hoot about what I was talking about. She was so cavalier, oh blah, blah, blah. Until I started raising my voice. I told her how much time I've been on the phone, how much time I've wasted, why is this happening, why are you not getting back to me, this is the shoddiest customer service I've had in my entire life and on and on and on and on. She gave me her email address. I sent information out 4 different times before I got a reply. Left voice mail messages because now I had 2 different people who still did not get back to me to tell me what was going on. Then they blindsided me by sending out a different plumbing company. I got home and had a message that said we're dispatching Carl's Plumbing please call them to make an appointment. Never told me they gave up on Express Plumbing. Never told me they were going to do this. I had to write an email saying I wasn't going to pay another $75 to have a new plumbing company to come out here. How can you have such shoddy service. You have three phone numbers for me, you have my house phone, my cell phone, and my work phone and you didn't try to reach me at anyone of my three numbers that you have. You didn't try to reach me via email, you just went ahead and did this without my approval, you just went ahead and did this. That meant making another appointment, another 2 hour appointment, taking time off of work, either my husband or I, having a new plumber come out to the house and a new plumber diagnose it, sending the claim in. The whole time was ridiculous. After 112 minutes of being on hold before even speaking to someone, I was on hold another 11 or 12 minutes before I could speak to a manager and she didn't give a damn when she got on the phone. She had an attitude. I don't know what her deal was. Every time I called I would ask why is there so much hold time. Well, this is our busy time. I spoke to so many incompetent people on the phone or that needed training. Every single time I asked they would say this is their busy time and people's air conditioning was breaking down. I had probably 6 different people that I spoke to
Last update on June 25, 2015
Home Warranty Companies in Milwaukee
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
Natural disasters can heavily damage your home or personal property. It’s important to know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need.
Asking yourself how much homeowners insurance you need can be daunting. Learn about coverages, options, and where to get answers to the question.
Find home warranty companies in
- West Milwaukee,
- West Allis,
- Whitefish Bay,
- River Hills,
- Brown Deer,
- Elm Grove,
- Fox Point,
- Saint Francis,
- New Berlin,
- Hales Corners,
- South Milwaukee,
- Menomonee Falls,
- Oak Creek,
home warranty companies in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
- American Residential Warranty
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri 64114
- Rescue Link
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
- Surface Link