Surface Link

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2011

3.8

4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R

Chantilly, VA 20151

Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Surface) and installing or upgrading new sinks. Currently, Surface Link is the Certified Warranty Inspection and Repair Service Agent for several manufacturers throughout the country, such as DuPont Corian, DuPont Zodiaq, LG Hausys HI-MACS, LG Hausys Viatera, Formica Solid Surface, LivingStone, Caesarstone, Gemstone and many more . Our goal is to help to restore your countertop back to its original condition. Why replace your countertop? Surface Link can repair it for a fraction of the cost!...

06/15/2020

Jay W.

The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.

Description of Work
Kitchen Countertop repair

10/30/2018

JURGEN G.

It took a lot of phone tag to finally get the technician to our house, but once here he was efficient and professional and did an amazing job. The chip was in the edge of a white quartz countertop, very difficult to match perfectly, and the repair is absolutely invisible. Not the lowest bid, but worth the price.

Description of Work
Repair a chip in edge of quartz countertop

Category countertops, marble & granite

08/23/2018

Robert H.

Rob Hernandes came out yesterday to repair counter top, can not believe how great it looks. When co-owner looked it it he was looking at the wrong area, I had to show him were it was repaired. looks like a thin cut mark that you would not see until you know where to look.

Description of Work
Counter top repaired

01/17/2018

Holly B.

They were very professional, helpful and responsive in answering questions and giving us a quote. In the end, we decided not to repair the countertop and sink but replace it entirely. as the previous owner installed it and it no longer fit our decor. Even though we didn't use them to make the repairs, we were very impressed with their customer service.

Description of Work
Crack in our solid surface kitchen counter and crack in the integrated sink.

07/27/2017

suzanne P.

My major complaint was how long it took, but in their defense, there seems to be a shortage of qualified technicians. I would have given them an A for the repair work which was fine except for one small slip up which he corrected. The price seemed steep for the time involved, but cheaper than new countertops. All in all, I would hire them again

Description of Work
Installed backsplashes, fixed scratches and cracks and resurfaced corian countertops.

07/02/2017

Lori L.

Wanted questions answered about visible scratches after service was complete. I was told to take pictures and send them which I did. They felt that my pictures showed the counter was fine. I was told I would have to pay an hourly fee for them to come out to look at a job. I wanted to make sure that this was the best they could be. I paid 510.00 to have done. After much complaining and begging for a manager to call me, I was told one would. It has be almost 4 weeks and no call.

Description of Work
Counter top refinishing

05/17/2017

Gregg M.

Never had the courtesy to contact me

Description of Work
Back Splash

04/17/2017

Douglas J.

They did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
They repaired chips in our granite kitchen counters.

Category marble & granite

10/13/2016

agatha H.

Excellent. Everyone was very helpful and understanding. I am amazed at the quality of work. I cannot see the repair at all! Their technician was polite, friendly and skilled..

Description of Work
My Corian counter top cracked and needed repair.

03/28/2016

jose M.

11/17/2015

Hoshang M.

Description of Work
Surface link personnel were very helpful and responsive. There was a crack in my built-in Corian sink. The sink model was discontinued by DuPont, and replacement was not and option. Other companies told me that the crack could not be repaired, and offered to replace the sink with a top mount version that would be very unsightly. The technician who repaired the crack did an excellent, professional job. The repair is practically invisible. I thought the cost of $600 for a repair that took less than 2 hours was a bit excessive, but since there were no other options, I was willing to pay the price.

11/17/2015

Albert C.

Description of Work
Prior to scheduling the job, they ask for pictures of the small chip on the edge of the counter and also what color was the counter. This indicated to me that they were going to try to match the missing material. What they really did was insert a clear liquid which was then hardened by shining a ultra-violet light on it for around 2 to 3 minutes. This filled in the chip with a clear material; but did not really fill in the chip with matching material. I could have performed this task for a lot less than it cost.

01/13/2015

Donna S.

Description of Work
Since this is the only company we could find in our area that provided refinishing services for Corian countertops, we entered into a contract with them. We provided pictures of the areas of particular concern and the estimate of $1300 was given, which included extra charges for the trouble spots. The installer arrived promptly and explained that one of the areas initially noted could not be repaired. There was no offer of reduction of charges. After the work was completed, the counter surfaces looked super. We we instructed not to replace items on the counters for at least 24 hours. We abided by this instruction. In fact, we did not begin putting items back on the counters until the day following -- approximately 38-40 hours after the work was completed. It was then that 12 separation marks inn various edges and a chip in the countertop become noticeable. We submitted more photographs of the new marks and chip. After weeks and weeks of emails and phone calls, Surface Link offered to come back to repair all these areas -- for an additional fee! Their "engineer" pointed out that in one of the original pictures there may have been evidence in one edge of a separation mark. No defense was made for the other 11 marks and the chip. We contacted Corian headquarters, and was told that Surface Link was, in fact, the only authorized repair service provider in this area. After widening my search area, I did find two other companies, but neither was willing to offer a second opinion on work they had not done. One of them asked who had done the work originally and when we said Surface Link, the representative just chuckled and said "no, we won't come in after them."

07/29/2013

Laima F.

They charged 1/2 on my credit card before any work was done. When I called, they said they wanted to make sure my credit card was good before they came out and did the work. They quoted me a price on the phone and then said it would cost $180 more when he arrived because he thought it was worse than they thought. I denied additional work on the island. He did remove the surface scratches but did not restore the gloss. He said it will never match the original. They originally said it would look like new. So, it's better, but for $250. I feel totally ripped off. They are the only company in the area that does this. When he removed the tape, some paint came off the wall. The office called and the guy said I should go to Home Depot and match the color. Then he said I should buy a and quot;smalland quot; jar of paint along with a brush and they will pay me back. The messege he left sounded like he was talking to a 5 year old. The man was very condescending every time I spoke to him. Very rude. That was their response to a customer complaint. So, not happy with the job.

Description of Work
Removed scratches from a Corian countertop. Did not restore the gloss, as promised.

Category countertops, marble & granite

Dear Members of Angie's List, I'm sorry that this homeowner was dissatisfied with our service. In regards to charging 1/2 of the job total on the job: we require a $125 deposit on all of our jobs. The job total was $250, so $125 is 1/2. In addition, we usually leave ourselves an out just in case we show up and something surprises us about the job. In this case we were not prepared to refinish her counters to gloss finish and therefore because that requires more work we had to increase the quote. All of our customers have the option of declining that increase and we would have left or done the job as it was agreed upon in writing prior to our arrival. Prior to processing a deposit, we discuss this with all of our customers and usually have them sign an Order Acknowledgement specifically detailing the scope of work we intend to do, the price and the deposit so there are no misunderstandings. We have this signed document on file. I understand and am very sorry about this homeowner's frustration. I offered the Home Depot and reimbursement idea as an option in order to help her out. Our representative was very polite and understanding on the phone and in no way intended to be condescending. In our 17 yrs. blue painters tape like we used in this case has never removed paint. We are still puzzled as to how this happened and are very sorry.

02/28/2013

Laurie G.

Surface Link Corp is the only company that will do the kind of work that we wanted. Everything went well. They came out when they were supposed to and they did a good job. I think they were expensive but there was no one else to do the work.

Description of Work
We used Surface Link Corp. They maintained our Korean countertop.

02/14/2013

Timi M.

Technician very skillfully repaired a major chip on the edge of our Silestone kitchen counter and filled several other small chips. None of the repairs are detectable and the counter looks new. We are so grateful as we were unable to locate any other company to perform the repairs and were considering buying a new countertop. We are delighted to have found Surface Link and will certainly use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Repaired several chips in quartz countertop.

01/16/2009

Lisa S.

I dropped a glass on the countertop, and on the second bounce a pointed edge of the bottom of the glass made a divot in the top of the countertop. I contacted DuPont about repairing the surface myself, and they indicated that the material necessary to perform the repair is not avaialble to the public. The DuPont service representative directed me to the local Surface Link service technician (he services a five state region in the Rocky Mountain area). I did have a little difficulty making first contact. I was unable to dial the service tech directly, and was supposed to go through a sales representative. After two unanswered calls to the sales rep ("Linda"), the service tech contacted me directly. We set an apptmt for a particular time on the following Thursday (6 days following the phone conversation). I had to leave the house that Thursday morning, and returned home about 1hr and 15min before our scheduled apptmt. When I returned home, I discovered a msg on the answering machine that the service rep (Brian) had called to see if he could come earlier, as an earlier time slot had opened up. However, the msg was 2 hrs old, so that when I returned his call he had already picked up another project, and now would be late for our original apptmt time. Brian arrived about 1.5 hours after the original apptmt time, and it took about 2 hours for the repair to be completed. Most of this time was spent waiting for the repair material to harden. I am pleased with the results of the repair, and would use this service again (but hopefully won't have to).

Description of Work
Repaired chipped DuPont Zodiaq Quartz Solid Surface countertop that had been damaged by edge of drinking glass.

Fernandez Handyman

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in handyman services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

JW Home Improvement

JWHI provides world-class customer service with consistent and superior workmanship and strives to be the trusted market leader in the home improvement industry. Super Service Award Winner TEN years in a row and running. Contact us today to discuss your next home project. We look forward to working with you!

Offers by JW Home Improvement on Angi
    King General Contracting

Our services include: painting (interior & exterior), shingles (repair and replace), siding, vinyl, drywall, fencing, decks and more! We accept credit cards and also have coupons on our web site. We have 3 crews to cover a 100 mile radius. For the most prompt service, please call us directly at our main number. We look forward to hearing from you!

Surface Link specializes in countertop repairs, countertop refinishing, countertop modifications and sink replacement services. We offer the following services: - Surface Repairs on Solid Surface, Quartz & Granite - Watermist Refinish for Solid Surface Countertops, Vanities & Sinks - Buff & Polish on Quartz & Granite - Granite, Quartz & Solid Surface Countertop Modifications for Appliance Accommodation - Sink Replacements or Upgrades - Granite Sealer Application & More!

We do not sell, install or fabricate countertops. We currently DO NOT work on Marble, Porcelain, Butcher Blocks, Wood, Laminate.