Home Warranty Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2015

3.6

PO Box 1

Rock Rapids, IA 51246

Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business....

03/09/2022

Robert G.

It didn’t go very well at all. This company took my money and skirted around the issue I am having with water leaking into the bottom of the freezer and freezer. It is an issue with the ice making system. Their original response was that the problem is with the beverage dispensing system which they do not cover under the warranty. These people are so stupid that they don’t know the problem is with the ice maker system and has nothing to do with the beverage dispenser. Their Mission Statement states that they will keep your appliances in normal working condition. Water leaking into the freezer from the ice making system is not normal. They refused to honor my claim. All they could do was find loopholes to get out of paying. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY REASON. YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

Description of Work
Freezer Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

As indicated previously, the issue was found in the fill tube which is part of the beverage dispenser and associated parts and is not part of the icemaker. If you were to order a replacement icemaker, the fill tube is not part of it. We cover the components found in the icemaker up to a maximum of $200. If you have further questions or concerns, please reach out to our Regulatory & Compliance team.

06/06/2019

L F.

HVAC professional told this Home Warranty Inc that I had a leak in my A/C coil and would leak again if filled. Home Warranty Inc said that I had to pay for it to be refilled at a cost around $500 at my expense to see if it leaks???? I paid my premiums for over 2 yrs and the 1st time I call them to put in a claim they told me I would have to pay out of my own pocket before they would fix the A/C despite the the HVAC told them it wouldn't fix the problem and the RF 22 old refrigerant would leak into the air which they seemed not to care it is environmentally bad & illegal. Read their fine print in detail the list what they won't cover and what I was told is they repair things not replace them. Plus they have a cap on how much they really will spend to fix A/C units. ($2,500) Which means anything they to repair on your A/C deducts from that cap per year. But their advertising sure makes it look like they would fix A/C issues and happily take your money! F-

Description of Work
A/C coil leaking

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home warranty companies

10/16/2017

Linda S.

very persistent after I visited their site and set up an account. The price of the policy kept dropping almost every time they called or emailed me so I ended up waiting until the calls dropped off and price stayed the same before buying.

Description of Work
this purchase was for a home warranty insurance policy so no work done as of this writing

Category home warranty companies

Hi [Member Name Removed] - I don't believe you are our customer. I could not find you in our database of active warranties. We do not change price on customers. The price on our website/brochure is the same for everybody.

08/15/2017

Satya K.

We have an insurance. So when we call the insurance they will give a name of whom to contact. It works like that. If we have any issues with electronics they will give a contact number to contact. We called them and they gave us the plumbers number. We called him and made an appointment and he fixed it. If it exceeds $70 your plans have a limit. The deductible we have to pay. We did not go to them for a lot of things just one. The first experience was fine of everything. We have not used them a lot of times. They fixed the call quick.

Description of Work
Home warranty. We had pluming issues near the sink.

09/07/2016

Earle A.

They refused to help. We required a home warranty be provided for our new home "just in case". Called company and they refused to help. Clog likely an easy fix, possibly less than the service fee. Frustrated! They should require sellers to have an inspection of the appliances covered in the home warranty if they are going to refuse to fix things that "could have already been broken".

Description of Work
clogged sink; inaccurate oven temp

Category home warranty companies

Per the homeowner, the oven never worked properly for them. Per the contract, items that have never worked are considered pre-existing conditions and are not covered by the contract. Also, plumbing stoppages are an optional coverage and this client did not purchase that coverage.

07/29/2016

george R.

This warranty company never called a repairman. When I called them they lied to me and said they did. I called the company they claimed to have contacted only to find out that they could not do the work. I had to schedule the repair with the repair company and then I had to pay for all of the repairs. Nothing was covered under their warranty. Oh by the way it was just to add Freon to the system and the temperature outside was 90 plus degrees. Terrible company!

Description of Work
repair A/C Unit which is supposed to be covered under contract

Category home warranty companies

This is not our customer. We have no record of a customer with this name and address in our database. Please remove this review from our record.

06/23/2016

Stassi B.

They were fine.

Description of Work
I had them out for a plumbing call.

Category plumbing, home warranty companies

01/19/2016

Mochammad S.

08/31/2015

Scott K.

It went very well, the repairman came out the same day, determined it wasn't worth repairing so returned the next day with a new disposal. I only paid the service fee, they replaced the disposal ($150) plus whatever a normal service call would cost, I am very happy with this service and will continue to keep my warranty in place. Very personable and effective customer service, I would recommend this service.

Description of Work
My garbage disposal was jammed and locked up, I called the toll free number which put me in contact with a local repair person.

08/21/2013

Philomena R.

They are wonderful. I have never had a problem with them at all. I have never paid more than my $75 service fee, and always can get things repaired in a timely fashion. They have fixed my refrigerator twice, my a/c twice, garage door opener, 2 new water heaters, my pool and spa. If they have to reimburse you, you are paid back within a week. Their customer service is outstanding!

Description of Work
I have used Home Warranty Company for the past 4 years.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Appliance protection warranty air conditioners, furnaces, water heater, refrigerator, washer, dryer,trash compactor, garbage disposal, garage door opener, oven, range, microwave & central vac.