When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Milwaukee, WI
There are 14 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Milwaukee
- Anderson Home Inspection LLCDonn did precisely what I needed, looked at the problems, and laid out possibilities for me. I was able to use that information to map out a way forward.
- A-1 Milwaukee Heating And CoolingLast year on our way up to our annual 4th of July trip to the Chippewa Flowage, my sister who was house sitting for us called and said the air conditioning was out. I pulled over at the Menard's in Wausau to get a battery for the boat and googled heating and air-conditioning repair in Milwaukee. I called a big name Co. first who wanted me to commit to a $295 house call so I called A-1 and Mike said he could get there by the end of the day to take a look for $95. A couple hours later he called back and said it was the control panel. He could get a new one and replace for about $300 or so or I could get one on Amazon and replace myself for about $100. Long story short, I convinced my sister to turn on all the fans and gut it out until I got back the following weekend. I ordered a new panel on Amazon and was there when I got home. I had a few questions as I was replacing it and Mike could not have been more helpful in guiding me through it. 45 min. later we had cold air and the wife and cats and dogs could not have been happier. Total cost was $107 for the new panel and $95 for the house call and diagnosing the problem on a Saturday evening. Could not have made a better decision than to call A-1. Thanks again Mike. Fast-forward to 2 weeks ago. I woke up on a Saturday morning to my air running all night and would not get below 77 deg. I called Mike and told him the fan outside was running but not cooling the house. He said he had some calls lined up already but would try getting there later in the afternoon. He showed up around 3 or so and diagnosed the problem as a bad capacitor. He didn't have any dual capacitors with him but had a few more calls to take care of and thought he could get a hold of one and promised to still have it fixed the same day. At around 7 that night it was about 83 in the house and Mike showed up with the capacitor and had it fixed within a half hour. Total cost $120 for 2 trips on a Saturday including parts and labor. If you need any big ticket items or small repairs done, you CANNOT go wrong by calling these guys. My house is about 20 yrs. old and pretty sure the air and furnace will need replacing in the near future. As I learned from these 2 experiences you can't go wrong with A-1 and I guarantee I'll be calling them when replacements are needed. Thanks again Mike for your help. Ton
- Absolute Comfort Services LLCExcellent service, price, and speed. I called my usual heating/cooling service (NOT Absolute Comfort Services) this morning and they told me that they were charging OT rates today (Friday) and they could not get anyone to me today. I called Absolute Comfort Services because the Angie's List review made them sound like less of a big business operation and more like a couple guys with strong expertise and no BS. I got same-day service. I got an expert that showed up and completely solved the issue in less than an hour. VERY satisfied and would definitely use again
- HomeSealed Exteriors, LLCI needed some windows replaced and it was very interesting that I actually hooked into them because they were mentioned in several other provider reviews and they all said that they were the one we should look into. I actually saw them at a place in Milwaukee and ended up having them come out and do the work. They were excellent. They took care of the windows and were very professional. They were great. I felt very comfortable with them. I ended up going with them to do the actual recommended audit improvements and was very pleased. They subcontracted someone to do a lot of it but John for HomeSealed was right on top of it. He was out there checking everything and making sure it was done properly. I was extremely happy with those guys and everything that they did. The $6,200 total cost included four windows and all the work on sealing the home. They spent two full days here working and I had a lot of holes. They also handled all the paperwork for getting the credit files for the audit. I did not have to do anything. There was also a charge for the audit but because I went with them before, that cost was applied towards the service which was very nice. I was so impressed with them. When I can save up enough money to get the rest of the windows done, I am going to call them again. And on top of everything, they were very patient with my young grandchildren who were running around and having to look at things. These guys were just family men and you can tell that they really enjoy their job
- HomeSealed Exteriors, LLCExcellent service from the owner, the customer service team as well as the installers. All went as planned, on schedule and windows look wonderful.
- HomeSealed Exteriors, LLCWe are very happy that we chose HomeSealed Exteriors! We looked at multiple companies on Angie's List, and had two "A" rated companies come out for an estimate. John from HomeSealed was very knowledgeable and had a very low pressure approach. We discussed my Patio Door Project, went over different options and then John gave me his best price (all in less than an hour). Really, that was it. The other company was also very good, but their sales approach was very different. They took 2 hours to go over the same project, gave us a quote-but if we signed in the next 3 days, they would give us a special price. When I told them that I didn't operate that way, we received a call from the owner the next day with an even better price. End result, the door was going to cost about $4000 with each company, but Homesealed didn't make me jump through hoops for that price. We really appreciated their approach and that was a big reason we chose to work with them. The Patio Door Installation was done in one day, we had one small issue with the trim color but they fixed it right away. The installation crew was very experienced and did a great job. We also had an Energy Audit on our house and John showed me were all of the air was leaking in. We had spray foam insulation applied in the walls & ceiling of the Family Room. This was an addition off the back of our house and the coldest room in the house-not anymore! We also had insulation applied to the attic and kitchen overhang. Finally, John showed me how I could do some of the basic insulation myself-again, we really appreciated that they were trying to help us. After the 3 insulation projects were complete, John came back for a final inspection. I just really like this company-they were low pressure, knowledgeable, did a great job and had a great product. They also kept us informed with the project from the beginning to the end
- IntecWorkers were pleasant and professional. They installed insulation in our hot attic, which was difficult. They showed me exactly what they had done.
- IntecExcellent! Everything went smoothly and looks great. They did a great amount of quality work without leaving any trace of a mess.
- IntecIncredibly professional. Intec walked us through the process from start to finish, and made sure we were happy with the results.
- IntecExcellent. Yes, there are good service providers out there. Angelo was on time for the quote appointment, was knowledgeable, and promptly provide the quote. The office contacted me in advance of the installation. The crew was was on time, spread plastic in every area they walked to protect the floor, was friendly and professional, and answered my questions. Bonus! At the end I received a multi-page energy audit report. This is a well run company - kudos to management and the owners. I am very pleased. Jay Sorensen, Shorewood
Energy Audit Companies in Milwaukee
- Business Description:RHI is a Trade Ally of Focus on Energy and all our home owners receive an immediate 33% savings on labor and material costs. In case you did not know, Focus on Energy (FOE) is a program funded through a utility tax (from your utility company - WE Energies). Simply put, FOE will pay for a lot of work as long as you agree to have the job done professionally and with the use of scientific equipment. Understandably, FOE must be able to document how much energy is saved with each home that goes..Recent Review:RHI did an excellent job on our home. They communicated well, texting and speaking with my wife when she had questions. They were very clear about their process, and their timeline for completion of the project. Then they actually did what they said they would do. The best part is they left our house warm, cozy, and looking like they weren't even there. AEric K.
- Business Description:*** 2 locations, Illinois and Wisconsin***. G R General Contracting began from a personal passion for construction, wood working, home improvement & design. We deliver unbridled service at a fair price. If you need a basement frame out, a kitchen/bathroom remodel, have a rental that needs some TLC or you just need a handy man to tackle that Hunny Do List. We can help; GR General Contracting is the Parent Company of PHS Professional Home Services. Services Include: Interior and exterior remode..Recent Review:Work was completed quickly and professionally. GR was able to complete the job at a good price while providing excellent work and answering all of our questions and addressing any concerns. I would not hesitate to hire them again, or recommend them to friends and familyBill C.
- Business Description:A-1 Milwaukee technicians have the expertise and equipment to serve any of your heating and air conditioning needs. Whether you are in need of a minor fix, major repair or complete replacement, we can help you. We have new top-brand units ready for immediate installation. The friendly and professional staff at A-1 Milwaukee Air Conditioning & Heating is looking forward to working with you in ensuring the optimum care and life of your HVAC unit. Feel Free To Give Us A Call We Are Standing By F..Recent Review:Finished replacing furnace in one day. Went over and above by replacing some plumbing that needed repair after removing a non working humidifier. Very excellent service with no extra charges. Our home is toasty warm now. ThankJudy G.
- Business Description:We are proud of our 100 years of service to the Milwaukee area. Each of our experts is prepared to help you with the sales, service, and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business. No matter what you need in the way of total indoor comfort, whether it′s a new installation or routine service, our NATE-certified technicians provide the expertise your comfort depends on. It′s why we′re known as one of the top dealers in the nation. At Seider Heating & Plumbing, w..Recent Review:My A/C stopped working at the beginning of a streak of hot weather. I called Seider when they opened at 7:30AM. She took my information and told me they wouldn’t be able to make it until after 5PM as they were fully booked for the day. Also was told after hours rates would apply. At that point I was just happy to know someone would be coming. Especially since it was also the day before a holiday. Not much more than an hour later I got a call from Brandon, a Seider technician. He said he was about 10:minutes away and would it be okay for him to come now. That was more than fine with me. He arrived a short time later. We greeted one another and headed to the backyard where the unit is. He told me he was pretty certain that he knew what the problem was as he was familiar with the model that we have. And, he was right. He removed the failed part. Showed it to me and explained the problem. He retrieved a new one from his truck and installed it. He asked me to turn the air on. I was able to do that with my phone. And, viola! The compressor started right up and continued to run. Before Brandon arrived and replaced the part it would start but then stop after a few seconds. It’s now been about 10 days and the system continues to work like a champ. Thank you Brandon and Seider. It’s getting to be time to replace my furnace and Seider is at the top of the list for that workKerri W.
- Business Description:PLEASE CALL FOR QUICKEST RESPONSE TIME --Donn Anderson is a Certified Master Inspector®. He began working in construction in the mid 60’s. He started Anderson Home Inspection and performed his first professional home inspection in January of 1995. He has inspected over 12,000 homes in Southeastern Wisconsin since then. He has been a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors – Great Lakes Chapter since 1996. He served as the Education Chairman for the Milwaukee Chapter of the Wisconsin..Recent Review:I was in the middle of a recent home Refi to get cash out for a new roof and new windows but the credit union wanted a professional report of some interior water damage that was noted during the appraisal process. Donn, from Anderson Home Inspection, was my inspector 20 years ago when I originally purchased my duplex. I contacted Donn and explained the situation and he was very understanding of the need and urgency to get the report for the bank. We scheduled a time 2 days later. Donn quickly assessed the interior water damage and then used his very cool drone to inspect the roof. He took pictures of the roof, interior water stains, and the attic. His report was completed and I submitted it to the credit union. His determination was the interior water stains were cosmetic and not structural. They were due to the poor condition of the valley and chimney flashings and would be corrected this spring when the roof is replaced. Thanks to Anderson Home Inspection my Refi proceeded without further issues and I'm on my way to a new roof and new windows. I have many friends that have used Donn's services and never hesitate to recommend him to anyoneRobin D.
- Business Description:We are a service technician owned company that strives to provide our customers with the highest possible quality products and services. Efficient management and low overhead allows us to offer competitive prices and rapid response service. Customer driven, we pride ourselves in taking time to get your job done right the first time with no return trips. A personal touch with honesty and integrity at the cornerstone of our business, you can trust that we will only recommend products and servic..Recent Review:Excellent service, price, and speed. I called my usual heating/cooling service (NOT Absolute Comfort Services) this morning and they told me that they were charging OT rates today (Friday) and they could not get anyone to me today. I called Absolute Comfort Services because the Angie's List review made them sound like less of a big business operation and more like a couple guys with strong expertise and no BS. I got same-day service. I got an expert that showed up and completely solved the issue in less than an hour. VERY satisfied and would definitely use againKen E.
- Business Description:All Energy Solar provides turnkey solutions for the design, engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and financing of solar electric systems. With hundreds of high-quality residential, commercial, agricultural, and government projects completed, you can be assured that All Energy Solar has the ability to meet all of your solar energy needs and a vested interest in making your experience as easy and affordable as possible. Contact us today for a free assessmentRecent Review:Responsiveness I have wanted to have solar energy for my home since 1980. This year All Energy Solar made it happen and I am very happy with their work. I got quotes from three companies. After weighing multiple factors: cost, location, depth of experience, etc., I picked All Energy I had heard their promotions on MPR and that was also a plus for me. My installation was more complicated than some as I have battery storage in addition to solar panels. If you are getting batteries installed, expect a few more bumps in the road than for a straight panel installation. Not as many homes get batteries, so the process is not a familiar to All Energy and to Xcel. That being said, I am thrilled that I got the batteries. It will enable me to have power during a power outage. Current regulation requires solar panels to shut down during a grid failure for safety reasons. With batteries you can keep receiving power! I signed the contract in June and went live in mid October. It is a complicated process due to the involvement of Xcel. All Energy did a great job of communicating and setting expectations all along the way. There is a single point of contact in your project manager and that is helpful. My project manager changed mid project due to maternity leave, and that might have contributed to the complication of the process. My panels look great and the whole installation is working as promised. I love the app that lets me monitor my energy production and consumption in real time. All Energy also has a referral program which is very generous. So far two of my referrals got proposals, and one bought a system. I got a $500 check for the system that was purchased.They also have a program called instant solar rebate. It calculates how much money you will save from the date that you sign until your system goes live. I just got a check for $477 for my June-October savings. All Energy is a great company and I heartily recommend their work. GO SOLARLOU A.
- Business Description:A state-of-the-art, spray-in-place soft foam insulation that is revolutionizing home and commercial building performance. The Icynene Insulation System® is a complete insulation and air barrier system that effectively seals wall, floor and ceiling cavities against air movement. This means that outside air (either hot or cold) cannot seep through walls, causing drafts or cold spots. It also means that humid interior air cannot enter the walls and condense. The system combines a material with a..Recent Review:My experience started out talking with Stacey from Eco Tec who is very professional. She worked with me through the estimating process wherein she provided a quote that kicked the pants off a few others that I had received. Further however, she understands the foam application process, R-values, process that the installers follow and most of all, expectations for the customer (I am a homeowner, not a builder/GC). Then came the installation. The crew showed up in a timely fashion and were completely professional. I knew that closed cell foam installation was a messy business and Stacey explained the process that the installers would follow to protect the surrounding areas from overspray. Well, I was impressed by the preparation work that they did as they covered everything from top to bottom including miscellaneous construction materials, tools and the entire floor. When the foam application was complete, they trimmed all excess from the stud bays, gathered up all spoils and removed everything including the protective coverings. When the crew left our house, there was little evidence that they had been here aside from the insulation in our walls. I was speechless. So far, of all the contractors that I've dealt with during my remodel, Eco Tec is within the top decile. As an engineer that works in construction, I have come to expect good service from the contractors that I hire. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of less than perfect experiences with other installers that I've hired. Eco Tec is easily at the top of my list. From estimate to execution, this has been a simply wonderful experience. I highly recommend themJim M.
- Business Description:We are an air sealing and insulation contractor. We are a Focus on Energy trade ally to give you the highest quality of work at the best price.Recent Review:He was able to arrive a half hour early for the estimate, he was in and out, had great ideas and he'll be doing the work the day after Thanksgiving.John B.
- Business Description:Full service design, build and remodel contractor. Servicing SE Wisconsin since 2016. Our team does it all from light updates to full renovations. Our experience team of installers is ready to transform your vision to realityRecent Review:We couldn't be happier with the work that Construct Boss did for us. We had an idea of what we wanted, and with the suggestions they gave, or basement turned out better than we hoped for. The entire basement was done on time and on budgetTim H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
While going green for the sake of the environment is important, there's another compelling reason to change your habits: your wallet.
Find energy consultants in
energy consultants in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Milwaukee Heating And Cooling1003 milwaukee ave
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Aamco Transmissions - Milwaukee9055 N 76th St
- Absolute Comfort Services LLC3455 N 124th St
- Advance Electrical Contractors544 E Ogden Ave Ste 700-101
- All Energy Solar1264 Energy Ln
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Alt Energy2234 N Booth St Uppr
- American Air Improvement Resources IncPO Box 151
- American Renewable Power, LLC10510 N Port Washington Rd
- Anderson Home Inspection LLC5712 W Peninsula Road
- A-1 Milwaukee Heating And Cooling
- Flat Rate Plumbing Inc12900 W National Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Flat Rate Plumbing Inc
- GR General Contracting2726 Barney Ct
- GR General Contracting
- HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC2718 S 163rd St
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
- One Man and a Van ( Household Repair Services )2369 S. 124th. St.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- One Man and a Van ( Household Repair Services )
- Premier North Insulation214 Bonnie Lane
- Premier North Insulation