A small closet can still be beautiful. Learn how to organize your reach-in closet and ideas for making the space optimal for you and your things.
Get matched with top closet designers and builders in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 6 highly-rated local closet designers and builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Closet Design Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Machtemes DBRJon is a trustworthy competent contractor. He is professional and well skilled in his workmanship. It was a pleasure to work with him. I highly recommend Jon for construction work.
- Amber Valley ConstructionWe worked with Amber Valley for nearly 3 years on a huge house project, so we know their business fairly well. Even with all that time, we only ended up finishing a small basement project. Some of that was due to the pandemic but some was due to what I see as three drawbacks working with Amber valley: 1. Unclear or slow communication 2. Inability to retain employees and contractors 3. High prices This will be a very balanced review, so I will share what we loved about working with Amber Valley as well. We got an initial quote in the summer of 2018, plenty of time to add three stories to our house in summer 2019. Derek's quote was just slightly higher than two other construction firms, but we liked him so much more and appreciated his process that we decided to sign on. The project development system, where we pay a bit up front and make all the decisions before actually signing the final contract, seemed like a great system because then we wouldn't be constantly making decisions throughout the project. The trouble came when we just couldn't get to the end of the project development and get that final quote. We really should have been breaking ground in April 2019, but we didn't get the final quote until mid-June. Part of that was definitely our responsibility because it was difficult to go to all the vendors and make every single decision in a timely fashion. However, we also found that Amber Valley was inflexible when we requested that we at least get something down, some final number, even if it had a range of $10,000 or so so that we could move forward on schedule. When the quote came in, it was a solid $50,000 more than expected. We couldn't just hand wave that away, and besides, we were already 2 months behind and knew the project would never be finished by the start of school. We decided to finish two basement rooms with Amber Valley as a sort of test run. It took halfway around the calendar, until January, to get that started. Part of that was because anytime Amber Valley loses a project manager or designer, you kind of have to start over explaining the whole project because although the project development structure is very firm, there aren't enough organizational systems in the company to keep track of everything that happens in meetings with clients. We were satisfied with the work Amber Valley did in the basement, and Chris is a wonderful project manager. If he's still with the company, we can't recommend his attention to detail and care about your project enough. There were a few dangling details like doors with too much space underneath between finished/unfinished portions that allow for serious heat leaks and the clean-up crew doing a terrible job, but over all "satisfied." We also may be difficult clients to work with, because we try to choose eco-friendly materials which can be complicated, but more importantly, we sought materials that were non-toxic for humans. That meant we might seek out alternate suppliers, and Amber Valley was reluctantly willing to work with us. Hopefully they learned a few things and would be a decent option to work with if you also seek a non-toxic home renovation, but I'd still recommend that you do all your own research. Because we hadn't quoted the basement project separately, we didn't realize that we probably spent 10 to 30% more than we should have. An electrician looked at a panel that Amber Valley installed for $5,000, and he told us he nearly fainted when we told him the cost. He would have expected that job to be between $1800 and $2500. The pandemic interrupted our plan to finish the rest of the project in 2020, of course no one's fault, and as a client I saw that Derek handled it as well as anyone could. We felt very comfortable continuing to move forward with Amber Valley for the rest of our remodel, partly because of Derek's commitment to his clients during that time and further commitment to avoid any additional interruptions. When we restarted the project, we were devastated to find out that our favorite designer had left, and not only that, we had to re-explain our entire project vision from the ground up to the new designer. This was beginning to feel exhausting and we couldn't believe that there weren't better notes retained as a company. Because of the uncertainty and price increase that the pandemic brought, we did greatly reduce the scope of our project, but we should have still been able to use many bits and pieces of the old project development plan. Instead, we started over again. During this process in 2021, we were repeatedly frustrated by either a lack of or incomplete responses from key players on our remodel. If Joy is still the designer, her demeanor is strangely opposite her name. By the time the final quote came in for our reduced project after months of coordination, it was disastrously too high. We were able to act as our own contractor and get the kitchen remodel done for approximately half of Amber Valley's quoted price. I can't say if all projects are marked up that drastically, or just ours. One note about their pricing is that, at first, things weren't itemized so it was difficult to figure out where to cut costs and what money was going where. Since the pandemic necessity caused them to itemize much better, which is how we were able to determine the very large amount that was going straight to Amber Valley for project costs. We were not able to get our $6,000 project development fee back, even in part, because the contract for that fee is written heavily in Amber Valley's favor. Derek fairly stated that they had put at least that much work into our project, which is true, but in large part because of the continual staff turnover and need to re-explain and restart the whole thing. We part ways with a sour taste in our mouth, but still able to say some positive things. Derek is overall good to work with and has an endearing personality, but lacks systems and organization and tends to bite off more than he can chew. I think the company grew too big and had too much demand for the employees and contractors they were able to keep around. This may have been part of the cause of our price inflation experience. Chris is a spectacular project manager, and we were satisfied with all of the contractors who worked on our basement update. However, with all the turnover, that really doesn't mean much because it's probably different people who will work on your project. I'm sure there are some great advantages to the project development strategy, paying part down and making all the decisions before signing the final contract, but just make sure you assume a price increase and realize that the business will take a cut of all materials and charge quite a bit for their office work
- Home Maintenance ServiceRandy did an amazing job! Our basement was partially finished. We wanted the drop ceiling removed, walls studded and dry walled, create a full bathroom and closet. This space would become our master bedroom and ensuite. Time wasn't an issue for us but was completed in a satisfactory time frame. The area under reno was kept very clean each day, when we would come home to check out the progress. The master bedroom was framed (over the styrofoam insulation and existing drywall from the 60's) and the entire room got new drywall. Drop ceiling removed and drywall ceiling with can lights replaced it. New bathroom area was plumbed and created to our own design, including a water closet. All new trim throughout. New vinyl plank flooring installed in the bathroom, closet and laundry. Our new space looked amazing when complete and we couldn't be happier! We unfortunately had some water damage shortly after and Randy came back out to do some touch up work for us. We would definitely recommend!! Price was also extremely reasonable
- Bradfield Home Improvement and Remodeling LLCJohn did a great job. We are very happy with our finished product. He was open to our ideas and suggestions about function and increasing storage. He was always prompt and easy to communicate with.
- Bradfield Home Improvement and Remodeling LLCJohn did the work while we were out of town and he worked out great. Did what he said / when he said/ was reasonable on price. An honest person who we would use again in a heartbeat.
- Bradfield Home Improvement and Remodeling LLCThe entire project was completed in a very efficient and professional manner. The contractor and his crew members were all very friendly , easy to work with and talk to. They answered all of our questions, listened to our wishes, and made changes as needed. We would not hesitate to use this company again for future projects. During the project, they thought they would have to cut a hole in a closet wall to do the plumbing. They figured out a way to do the work without making a hole in the wall. They were excellent at solving problems. William & Donna Kitzmille
- Home Maintenance ServiceOverall had a great experience using Randy and Trent as the contractors for our basement renovation. Randy was very responsive and prompt coming out to give us a free estimate on the work required. He came out within the week to take measurements and draw up rough plans for the renovation. After a few days for him to get estimates on materials and sub contractors Randy came back to go over the details of the quote. He was very knowledgeable and upfront about what work he would be completing and what would be sub-contracted. We were on a tight time frame for when we needed the work completed by and Randy went out of his way to put us on the schedule quickly. In all honesty he kept to his time schedule the best he could, the major constraints were generally involved with scheduling from the sub-contractors (excavation for our egress window, plumbers, and electricians). We did have one run in and set back with one of the sub-contractors and Randy advocated for us, and made sure that we were taken care of. He handled it very professionally and made sure we were satisfied with the final work and resolution. We were very impressed with Randy's ability to stick to a budget, and to communicate if something we wanted done would be an extra (we had a lot of those extras!). Over our eight week renovation we grew to look forward to Randy and Trent's arrival. Always jovial and out going they never made us feel out of place in our own home. If anything, it was a bitter sweet day when they completed the work as we felt like the were almost family towards the end of the project. If you are looking for a hardworking, professional contractor with years of experience that does great work at a reasonable price, Home Maintenance Service is for you. I will most certainly hire them for any future projects we need
- Home Maintenance ServiceHMS did a very fine job. Handled details we did not anticipate. Cleaned up every night before leaving. When work was completed looked like it was original part of house.
- Home Maintenance ServiceRandy and Trent did a great work on the job plus they were able to get a couple of things done that we added at the last second (added a canned light in the ceiling and painted the second closet). We had a few requests for them after the job was finished and I sent them an email to summarize. They replied to the email immediately and scheduled a time to come back only a few days later. They arrived on time and completed all requests even though a couple of them were not easy. I was very pleased with all aspects of the transaction. Further, they went the extra mile without us even asking when they repaired a hole in the wall in our master bedroom. We didn't even realize it until they were gone. Class act. I would highly recommend them to anyone based on their friendly approach, quality of work and professionalism. Thanks Randy and Trent
- Econize Closets and BlindsEcoNize gives 5-Star service with a 5-Star product. From my initial inquiry, I was sold on EcoNize because of their prompt responsiveness and attention. I am relocating from Michigan to Maryland. I wanted to maximize my one bedroom condo for space as I downsized. Dan gave my emails quick attention and even was willing to give me a rough estimate of costs over email. I was sold with the service quite honestly. David then came out and designed to my liking. I agree with other reviewers there was no "up sale" just the plain truth given. I would definitely use them again
Last update on October 25, 2022
Closet Designers in Grand Rapids
Explore our Solution Center for helpful closet designer articles
Does your chaotic closet make getting ready a stressful task? It’s time to tidy up! These simple yet functional closet organization ideas will make mornings a breeze.
Tired of buying things you already have, because you can’t find them? Get organized and save some cash with these home organization tips to stop buying double.
Find closet designers and builders in
- East Grand Rapids,
- Comstock Park,
- Plainfield Township,
closet designers and builders in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- CKL Construction LLC1501 Hidden Creek Cir Dr Ste G
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49505
- CLOSET CONCEPTS INC1254 SCRIBNER AVE NW
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
- Home Maintenance Service5555 Greenboro Dr SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49508
- Just Wright Construction465 Lake Michigan Dr NW
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49534
- Mr Fix-It Construction LLC3983 4 Mile Rd
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
- Mr. Handyman of Greater Grand Rapids3508-B Roger B. Chaffee Memorial Blvd. SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49548
- New Leaf Construction LLC1251 Century SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
- ORG West Michigan201 Monroe Ave NW 200
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
- CKL Construction LLC
- JLM HOME SOLUTIONS5200 Tillotson Lake Rd
Hastings, Michigan 49058
- JLM HOME SOLUTIONS
- Ledbetter Construction8802 W De Ave
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
- Ledbetter Construction
- Meticulous Builders2430 Bayne Rd
Twin Lake, Michigan 49457
- Meticulous Builders
- Phillip Ryan Handyman Service1051 Phoenix St
South Haven, Michigan 49090
- Phillip Ryan Handyman Service
- Top quality home restorations llc155 Carrie St
Sparta, Michigan 49345
- Top quality home restorations llc
- Viles Builders LLC11699 Greenway Dr Ste 80
Holland, Michigan 49424
- Viles Builders LLC