Econize Closets and Blinds

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2009

10304 Eaton Pl

Fairfax, VA 22030

We are a local family owned, award-winning business. Our philosophy is very simple. We respect our client's time, budget and their homes. We provide custom 3D designs for our clients in a clear format at a free consultation. We represent a national leading brand in the metro DC area that has been

06/19/2022

Rita S.

From first contact to install, the professionals at Econize were responsive and professional. Meg designed our closet and went above and beyond. I was dealing with a family emergency, so she took care of the research that I had planned to do regarding hampers that would fit in the space without my asking. One afternoon there was an email from Meg with a variety of options that would fit. Kevin at Econize stayed in contact to let me know the status of install timing. Upon install, they are prompt, courteous and quick. In half a day, I had a beautiful new closet. They cleaned up so well after that there was no other evidence (besides the new closet) that they had been there. Don’t hesitate to use Econize… you will be happy! I forgot to mention the best part, no coupon clipping or haggling… they give you the best price up front. Thank you Econize for a great experience!

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Closet System

01/20/2022

Joseph B.

Very poor consultation process. Wastes everyone's time by having me review a quote based off measurements that I had to take and then telling me I can't even have that price because they can't make an appointment until after their prices go up. They obviously have so much business that they don't need new clients and can get greedy. Won't be getting any of my money!

Description of Work
Master Closet

10/14/2021

Agnes W.

Outstanding from start to finish. Excellent communication, fair price, and high quality work. My daughter now has the best closet in the house, but hopefully not for long! We plan to call Econize for all future closet and garage related projects. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Installing closet organization system for my daughter's room

09/14/2021

Jennie K.

The built-ins Econize installed in our family room and daughter's room are exactly what we wanted and our experience with the company was wonderful from the initial design consultation to the final install. During the design consultation David listened to my requests and provided honest and practical suggests and recommendations. He could have easily sold me a built-in bookcase that wouldn't have looked good in addition to the family room and child's bedroom floor to ceiling bookcase we ended up getting, but was honest and professional and suggested I not go ahead. The install was efficient and the install guys were prompt, friendly, professional, and courteous. They removed shoes, asked if we would like them to wear a mask even though they were alone in the rooms they installed in, and were very accommodating of the fact I didn't know how many wire holes we needed in the built in. They arranged to come back and drill and fit these at a later date and arrived promptly and worked efficiently again. Just excellent customer service and an excellent product. Could not recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Family room and bedroom built in design and installation

Category custom cabinets

08/31/2021

Dan B.

Econize installed three custom built-in closet storage solutions for my wife and me. Very nice products, reasonably priced, excellent customer service. Doubled or tripled what we can store in there, allowing us to get rid of two bulky chests of drawers, opening up a lot of new usable space in our small house. One built-in turned a small upstairs room into a sort of walk-in closet for my wife, but also has versatility to allow the room to become, say, a nursery or den instead. I'd happily recommend this company.

Description of Work
Built-in closet storage

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, storage units

04/27/2021

Megan P.

From the first phone call scheduling our consultation to the last person making adjustments in our closet, we were impressed by the professionalism and communication from this company. Our designer, Anthony, really listened to our wants and feedback to create a closet that was functional and luxurious. The installers were efficient and professional. After living with the closet for a week we wanted to make one small adjustment. It was very easy to schedule an installer to come out and make the quick change. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Master Closet

04/11/2021

Kim T.

My husband and I used Eco-nize to design and install our master bedroom closet and kitchen pantry. We are very impressed with the quality of their product, and the consistently exceptional customer service provided by everyone with whom we have interacted . After the installation, we changed our minds about a few things, and Eco-nize was very accommodating, prompt and helpful in making our changes. Their installers were friendly and professional. We look forward to working with them again when we replace our window treatments.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Closet and Kitchen Pantry design and installation

04/06/2021

David & Beth Y.

Once again Eco-nize completed a perfect job. Thanks - see photos.

Description of Work
Closet in guest room

Category custom cabinets

03/22/2021

Patricia R.

From the estimate process, to the install, to customer service/responsiveness, Econize Closets was a great company to work with. I am very happy with my closet and laundry room cabinets. I don't know how we lived without them the past 30 years. Trent's design is perfect for our smaller closet spaces. Plantation shutters for the bathroom windows finish the room off beautifully. The install teams were prompt, efficient and took care to make sure everything was very clean and ready to use when they were done. We had some delays because of other improvements we were making that affected the spaces for cabinet install. Econize employees were all very willing to work with us over what turned into a few months delay. Everyone I dealt with was always very responsive. I would highly recommend Econize Closets.

Description of Work
Master bedroom closets, laundry room cabinets, bathroom window shutters

Category closet systems, window treatments, home & garage organization, storage units

12/16/2020

Leslie H.

I recently had two closets combined into one larger walk in area for a kitchen pantry. I got estimates from multiple vendors. Eco-Nize had a similar estimate to another vendor, but their timeline for getting the installtion done was one month SOONER than the other vendor. Everyone from Eco-Nize was extremley professional and friendly. I told the designer what I was looking for and he produced a 3D design and worked with me to get the design right. 5 weeks later the installers came in and installed everything in a couple hours. The quality of the materials is excellent. The designer and installers were very professional. I like that the company is family owned and local to the area. I would absolutely recommend Eco-Nize and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Installation of shelves/drawers for a kitchen pantry

05/04/2020

Adriana P.

I am very impressed and happy with the two walk-in closets that Econize designed and installed for me. They are both beautiful and functional. David was our designer. He was very professional and very good at his job. He listened to what I wanted, took measurements, and created a closet design the same day for me. Kevin and Zack installed the closet and they were both very professional. They showed up on time, finished within a couple hours, and even brought their own vacuum cleaner to clean up afterwards. I would recommend Econize Closets and Blinds to anyone without any hesitation. They are great!!

Description of Work
Two walk-in closets.

02/07/2020

Angela P.

I found Econize on Angie's list. Originally I had Closets America come out but their pricing was ridiculous. Econize was fantastic from day one. David came out and listened to my problems with and wants for my closet. He created a design that addressed everything. There was no pressure and no attempt to up sell me on anything. They were great with communication throughout. The day of installation the guys came out and did a great job. They were very nice and they were careful of making a mess. They finished in no time and it was like they were never there, except of course my fabulous closet. David checked with me afterward to insure I was happy. I definitely recommend Econize and will use them if I have any future projects.

Description of Work
Master bedroom walk-in closet

01/26/2020

Gail S.

My closet organization system was installed a couple of weeks ago and I am so pleased. The closet is beautiful and the quality is wonderful. I am extremely impressed with this company. From the first contact to the installation, they could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Everyone I worked with was very professional and personable. I would not hesitate to hire them for future projects or refer them to friends and family.

Description of Work
A Master Bedroom Closet System

10/10/2019

Jeanne B.

Easy to coordinate and discuss design options.

Description of Work
Master closet

09/18/2019

Joshua K.

Great. We had estimates from Econize, Closet America, and Closets by Design. We choose Econize (which was in the middle in terms of pricing). The closets came out wonderfully and the install was trouble free. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Walk-in closet in master bedroom, large built in wall unit in den

Category closet systems, custom furniture

06/22/2019

EDMUND W.

Completed as ordered, employees helpful.

Description of Work
installation of closet racks and shelves

05/15/2019

Sam G.

We were so pleased that we decided to use Econize for our closets in our new condo. From start to finish they were an amazing company to work with. Their office manager, Meg was extremely responsive to our initial inquiry and follow-up with scheduling. David came to design and create a proposal. He was great to work with and really listened to our needs and wants in a closet. We went simple with our guest room closet and more sophisticated with our master closet. The two men who came to do the work were punctual and extremely professional. We were amazed at how quick and kind they were! They didn't leave a trace of a mess behind and left us with two fantastic closets! They are definitely on the pricier side, but money well spent!!

Description of Work
Guest room and master bedroom closet

03/07/2019

Reynolds Y.

A real shout out to Eco-nize Closets!! Anthony Readings did a superb job of explaining the process, showing the product and walking me through the sale. Then, the installers arrived with all the materials ON TIME with an eye on protecting our home as they worked. They were cordial, efficient and professional as the installation proceeded. It was amazing how quickly it all came together. Three closets in about 3 hours. Can't overstate how pleased we are with the whole experience. These guys are good!! Reynolds McLean, VA

Description of Work
Three closets organized

02/18/2019

Scott P.

I recently contracted Eco-Nize to replace my master bedroom closet organizers. My salesman was David Townsend who was absolutely fantastic. David made a number of trips out to my house to walk us through the product and samples before completing our order. I was impressed with the number options available to choose from. He also doubled checked all of the measurements to ensure the design would fit like a glove. David was absolutely fantastic to work with and his attention to detail and customer service were on point. After our order was placed, Eco-Nice kept us apprised throughout the process. Meg who ran customer support was accessible at all times and kept us informed. The install date was as promised. On the Day of install we met Paul and his installation team. They were friendly, polite and delight to work with. The project took about 6 hours and was fairly large. His team did a fantastic job paying attention to every custom detail. They laid down cloth over my wood floors and took great care to ensure with all of the supplies coming in that nothing was damaged. When the team left everything was as clean as when they arrived. My closets looked so great we took extra days to move in just admire them which was funny. I was so pleased by my experience I decided to purchase the linen closet we had priced out. Again the same level of excellence from David and the installer for this job was Nick. Nick was great to work with and again was just outstanding. Custom Closets are no doubt expensive and there are many companies out there that get horrible ratings. The ratings I saw on google and Angieslist are absolutely legit. Should I ever need anything else in this department I will make them one of my first calls.

Description of Work
Replaced Master Bedroom Closet Organizers

01/17/2019

Tom R.

Eco*nize closets did an exceptional job for my wife and I. They were very professional and also had the best pricing. Two large closets, including the addition of a line closet were all completed in less that one day. The result was fantastic and was exactly what we had hoped for. Over two years later we had a minor issue with one of the hinges on the linen closet door. Eco*nize came out the next day and fixed the hinge at no charge. Bottom line: outstanding product; very professional crew and excellent warranty. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
We had two large closets redone including adding a linen closet

01/09/2019

Christine M.

From the first phone call, to the in-home visit, to the installation the staff at Eco-nize was professional, attentive and incredibly friendly! Mark walked us through all our options during our in home visit, was quick to send our mock ups and contract and responsive when we needed to adjust a few line items on the contract. The day of the installation our two installers called before they arrived, walked us through the process and got to work. We are thrilled with our final product and would use Eco-nize again for any future close/ home organization needs!

Description of Work
We had two custom closets designed and installed.

11/15/2018

Enriqueta F.

Anthony at Econize was extremely helpful in coming up with a design for our walk in Master bedroom closet. And our installer Steve and his crew were incredibly professional and efficient in the actual install. This is the second time we've called Econize and it won't be the last!

Description of Work
We had our master bedroom walk in closet renovated

09/12/2018

Nancy W.

Fast, efficient and professional—could not ask for a better experience and we love our closet.

Description of Work
organized master closet.

09/12/2018

Nancy W.

From design to installation, each staff member was timely, courteous and professional. Based on our experience, we would not hesitate to recommend or use this company again.

Description of Work
Designed and installed closet organizer for master walk-in closet.

Category closet systems, home & garage organization

09/06/2018

karl R.

Excellent work from start to finish. Designer was attuned to our needs while giving solid guidance. Crew that installed was top notch, courteous and professional. All around great experience.

Description of Work
Build media center and closet rack

Category closet systems, custom furniture, home & garage organization