You may love trees in your yard, but worry about possible foundation damage caused by tree roots. Here's how to protect your home from tree root foundation damage.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Atlanta, GA
There are 14 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Atlanta
- Engineered Solutions of GeorgiaTeam was polite & professional. ESOG got us in earlier than anticipated & the results are great.
- Southern ContractingWonderful! The rotten wood was discovered during the demolition for two bathroom remodels. Once discovered the bath remodeling contractor was not equipped to repair the underlying structural damage. A local engineer highly recommended Jeff Hall and Southern Contracting, who promptly came out to assess the extent of the damage that had likely been there for decades hidden behind the walls that were now exposed. He designed a rebuild of the bathroom stack (1st & 2nd floor) to include wall plates, flooring and ceiling structures. He assigned the construction work to a very experienced superintendent, Jeff who has been with the company for 7-years. He came with a crew of three men (Dev, Hunter and Andy). First and foremost, they did a great job! The structure is now stronger than when the property was built in 1929. Plus they were all very polite and very considerate of us as they performed the work. They put paper down on the floors to minimize the mess as they came in and out and also cleaned up well afterwards. It was a really good experience from the first call to their office all the way to the finish. I would highly recommend Southern Contracting
- Atlanta waterproofing & renovationsThe crew at Atlanta waterproofing was excellent; they took their time in understanding my issues and finding a solution.Whenever we have had heavy rain,They’ve called to check up on the issue to make sure everything is in working order. I would recommend them 10/10 times. There is not to many companies that go above and beyond for customers but Atlanta waterproofing is a great help
- Nooks ElectricalEngineer showed up on time. Spent adequate time surveying and inspecting the wall. Took detailed pictures. Provided prompt report with remedial measures to extend the longevity of the wall. Great job.
- EngineersHereIt went great! I had no experience contacting a structural engineer or what needed to be handled. I wanted to make sure my desk was reinforced, so I contacted Engineers Here and was in great hands with Neda Sharifaei. She redesigned and replaced the porch columns and footings. I really had no idea how to go about this, so I am glad I was in the hands of an expert! It looks great and I feel so much safer
- Southern ContractingJeff's team did a great job. He came out initially to get it started an introduce me to his team. Brandon, the job foreman, Blake and Junior were the core team, and they were joined by specialists over the 5 days of the project. Brandon and Blake did a great job of keeping me updated on progress and managing my wife's & my expectations. I worked at home each day, and they did not seem to mind me popping in unannounced to see what they were doing or to ask questions. Brandon & Blake were always respectful of my opinions and never argued. They would respond honestly to my questions, make recommendations, and always offered to have Jeff come back out and speak with me if needed (it was not needed). they never responded about anything I asked being in the scope of work of the project, which I appreciated. they cleaned up after themselves and I felt very comfortable with them having free access to our house. they only went to areas where they were working and rarely asked for anything. We got 4 different proposals and felt Jeff's was the most comprehensive and the best price. His company came recommended by the structural engineer we hired, and we were very pleased with the work and felt we got a fair price
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural RepairThey replaced some rotted subfloor that was beneath a bathroom. They did it from the crawlspace, so had to cut and then re-install joists as part of the process. My reason for doing it was because when we bought the house the home inspector said it should be done so that the toilet would have a secure attachment point. The install went pretty good, and they had a guy come a few days later to check the work. However, I realized once I had a plumber come to install a new toilet that they did not install subfloor right up to the toilet sewer pipe, but had a left a large gap there. I was disappointed that it was not correct for toilet installation since that was the whole reason I got it done, but they sent somebody else out and resolved it and it seems to be good now. I would recommend this company, everybody I've dealt with has been nice and they seem to stand behind their work
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural RepairI truly appreciate their honesty. It is great to know that I can save some money by hiring a different service. I would absolutely use them in the future. They were extremely professional, polite and quick. Thank you.
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural RepairRonnie Watkins arrived on time for the appointment. He inspected all areas of concern in detail and advised that the house is structurally sound. He told me what to look for in future settling and how to address cosmetic issues. I am very pleased with the professionalism and helpfullness provided.
- Macon Gooch Building Consultants, Inc.Our business with this company was very disappointing. We have a load-bearing wall that needs to be removed with the new support beam recessed into the ceiling. I thought we were hiring a professional engineer; instead, we got a “technician.” He arrived at the scheduled time, seemed to do a thorough inspection, talked about a solution, and promised to "sketch it out." The next week we received the report. It was a one-page report. (Past experience with a professional engineer resulted in a complete, comprehensive, several-page report outlining the situation and the requested solution, including drawings.) After reviewing the report, we realized he had not given us a solution to the problem of having the support beam being recessed into the ceiling, nor was there the promised sketch. Numerous text messages with pictures, emails, and phone calls were made. One call even went to the owner of the company. Promises were made and nothing happened. Finally, the office manager got involved. Let me just say here that all the women in the office were great and that is the only reason for 2 stars instead of a 1 star rating. With the office manager now working on our problem, we got a call from the technician. He did not understand what it was we wanted despite the numerous text messages, emails, and phone calls. It was explained again (at this point we quit asking for the sketch and just wanted a corrected report) and a report finally came to us. This was now two weeks after the initial incorrect report. Because of this, our trust in this company is gone and another professional engineer has been hired. He said this company has a bad reputation. I would not recommend this company
Last update on October 19, 2021
Structural Engineers in Atlanta
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Find structural engineers in
structural engineers in Atlanta
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ACME HOME IMPROVEMENT4239 Logan Dr
Loganville, Georgia 30052
- AFFORDABLE ADVANTAGE HOME REPAIR2766 ABILENE LN
Snellville, Georgia 30078
- American Crawlspace Solutions120 Lantana Dr
Locust Grove, Georgia 30248
- AquaGuard Foundation Solutions875 Pickens Industrial Dr
Marietta, Georgia 30062
- Arco Building Systems Inc3300 Holcomb Bridge Rd
Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092
- Ark Restoration580 Wilbanks Dr
Ball Ground, Georgia 30107
- ACME HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Blackhawk Construction Services, LLC2270 Northwest Pkwy SE 180
Marietta, Georgia 30067
- Blackhawk Construction Services, LLC
- Cantsink71 1st Ave NW
Lilburn, Georgia 30047
- Inspection Wizards, LLC1214 Haynes Ridge Ct
Grayson, Georgia 30017
- Inspection Wizards, LLC
- JSA Masonry and Foundation SpecialistsPO Box 801079
Acworth, Georgia 30101
- JSA Masonry and Foundation Specialists
- LEBAN ENGINEERING & HOME INSPECTION124 HILLINGDON CT SE
Marietta, Georgia 30067
- LEBAN ENGINEERING & HOME INSPECTION
- Oakhurst Geotechnical Services LLC331 Greenwood Ave
Decatur, Georgia 30030
- Oakhurst Geotechnical Services LLC
- Sequoia Design Inc.10945 State Bridge Rd Ste 401-318
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Solutech Inc5841 Corporate Way Ste 102
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
- Southern Contracting8849 Highway 5 Suite C
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
- Southern Peach Construction, LLC735 Patton Dr
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
- STABILITY ENGINEERING431 W PONCE DE LEON AVE
Decatur, Georgia 30030
- Sundry Waterproofing2103 Idlewood Rd
Tucker, Georgia 30084
- Sequoia Design Inc.
- The Blue Lake Group1533 Jodeco Rd
Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
- The Blue Lake Group
- Vest Engineering Inc227 Sumac Trl
Woodstock, Georgia 30188
- Vest Engineering Inc
- Wet Seal Waterproofing3025 Post Oak Tritt Rd
Marietta, Georgia 30062
- Wet Seal Waterproofing