Sundry Waterproofing

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2006

Sundry Waterproofing provides the highest quality workmanship and products in the waterproofing industry. Each home is constructed differently, so Sundry will devise a custom plan to provide a permanently dry foundation. Our methods include both interior and exterior solutions, in order to provide

Pro-Flow SystemCrawlspace Pipe and Gravel systemExterior French Drain

basement waterproofing (63)drain pipe installation (11)foundation repair (6)concrete repair (3)plumbers (2)Patios (1)home builder (1)stone & gravel (1)roofing (1)irrigation system (1)gutter repair (1)drywall (1)

01/06/2023

Mary F.

With all the rain that had taken place we had a problem with a sump pump that had been installed previously. The workers came out and checked to see if it was working properly. Everything is good. Thank you for living up to your name and the services you provide. Willie and Mary

Description of Work
Check out an insulation of a sump pump that was previously installed.

07/26/2022

Taylor M.

Three day project to jack up part of house that was sagging due to water shifting/foundation issues. French drains inside crawl space and in backyard to direct water downhill and away from foundation. Vapor barrier installed in crawl space. Very professional, great communication. They stand by their work. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Waterproofing, foundation bracing

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/04/2022

04/07/2022

Kelly D.

Best service ever! This started with Mario and Curt setting things up and the phenomenal team of Mario, Anibar, Jhanathan, and Roman doing the work. Mario explained the process every step of the way and the team left the site clean and ready for us to move our items back. Love this group of professionals.

Description of Work
Whole house foundation waterproofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

03/24/2022

Troy R.

Foster the Field rep, represented the company and himself with a ton of Professionalism. However, I was not satisfied with the workers. I was told that the job would be a one day job and that they will arrive at before 9am. Needless to say, they arrived very close to 10am. Few hours later, they went on a 90 minute lunch break. Moreover, what was told will be a one day job, turned into two days. The sealed floor crack did not meet my expectations. The gentleman that was in charge of the workers, was difficult to work with. My patio doesn't look good due to rain and asked the day before should we postpone the job because rain is in the forecast. I was told by Foster, there's no need to worry, rain isn't expected on Thursday (the day of the job and Foster's only blemish). Conclusion, I feel ripped off and I will never contact SunDry nor will I recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed a 42" exterior Surface Drain, Installed a 15" Gravity fed discharge line to Pop-Up Drain, Installed 2 Hydraulic Push Piers for foundation stabilization, Sealed a floor crack, Installed 12" 5X10 concrete Patio

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/12/2022

We are concerned that this customer has these feelings toward the work that was done. The work that was performed was exactly what was agreed to by himself and the sales rep. The crack repair was sealed as directed. The customer wanted the area resurfaced, which was not the repair outlined in the proposal. The foreman of the job did do some additional sealing around the garage at no cost to the homeowner, which was not acknowledged. Unfortunately, We cannot guarantee the amount of time that a particular job will take, as Sundry focuses on the quality of the work, and not the speed in which it is completed. To the best of our knowledge, the concrete looked well done, and the customer was in agreement at the completion of the job.

03/23/2022

Ginah D.

Very professional, prompt, and responsive service from start to finish. I would highly recommend them. They were not the highest quote but also not the cheapest. The price was fair and the work done was thorough. They also followed up when I had concerns. I could not recommend them any more highly.

Description of Work
Waterproofing of Crawlspace

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

03/23/2022

Imani C.

Our experience of Sundry Waterproofing was a nightmare! Yes, the water proofing system itself seems to be working (although it's only be a month so time will tell). However, this company is poorly ran and unprofessional. There is such a lack of communication between the office, the salesmen, the workmen, and their customers. Our salesman sold us one project, the workmen completed something else, and when our concerns were brought to the office and salesman, we had to argue and argue until they finally agreed to fix the damages and discrepancies. The workmen themselves seem to do a good job, however I would never recommend the Sundry Waterproofing company as you cannot trust that what you are sold is what will be completed. It's such a shame as we chose Sundry Waterproofing out of 9 other waterproofing companies - we trusted them, and our trust was broken.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

We are sorry that this customer feels this way about her experience with the waterproofing project. As is often the case in our industry, different options, at different price points are offered to the customer. This customer chose to do a partial (smaller) repair, and there was question between the crew, customer and salesperson on which option was chosen and what work that entailed. There was a question about the replacement of drywall, which Sundry does not replace, and was stated by the salesperson. We did arrange for someone to repair for her post installation at no charge to the customer. Once everyone was on the same page, the job went smoothly. We were not aware of this customers dissatisfaction. Sundry always strives to provide the best customer service possible.

07/21/2020

Gillian F.

BEWARE OF THIS PREDATORY BUSINESS. I am SHOCKED that this company has enough positive reviews on Angie's List for them to come up as recommended so I had to share my experience. Sundry came out to help me figure out why we had standing water under our house and quote me for a solution. Sundry quoted me $10k to replace the entire sump pump and drainage system. They also tried to convince me there was mold I had to take care of, using what I suspect were not actually pictures of our house (I noticed what looked like part of a timestamp not fully cropped out of the corners). Luckily my brother-in-law is a contractor down in Florida who wisely advised me to get multiple opinions and quotes, so I was prepared to heavily scrutinize what every prospective company did and said. The company I ended hiring fixed it all for literally 1% of the cost Sundry quoted me. If I hadn't had a healthy dose of skepticism, as a new homeowner (and someone who knows nothing about foundations), I might have believed Sundry and had $10k more debt to my name. CHECK THE GOOGLE REVIEWS. There are plenty of other stories from people who fell for the scam and paid thousands, only to discover the problem was never fixed in the first place.

Description of Work
Foundation waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Sundry Waterproofing respects the customers right to their own opinion, as well as their right to express their views in the form of reviews. This customer seems to have issue with the solution that Sundry proposed. When Sundry was first contacted, the issue was that the customer had experienced up to 6” of water in the crawlspace. It is a fact the water intrusion can cause mold, mildew, erosion, as well as a host of other issues in the crawlspace. Our technician diagnosed the point of intrusion, advised a drainage system to divert the water from the foundation, and suggested an encapsulation of the crawlspace to ensure that the problem was solved and eradicated for the life of the home. He also shared pictures of other homes with the same condition, to illustrate what is going on in the crawlspace. Sundry does not provide “band aid” solutions or temporary fixes. The cost of the proposed project was $9000, which is a more than fair price for the size of this crawlspace, the work proposed and the lifetime warranty. Other reputable waterproofing companies would more than likely charge significantly more for the same type of work. We urge this customer to compare apples to apples. If this particular customer can indeed have the problem solved for 1% ($90) of our proposed price, and the company can provide full drainage, encapsulation, dehumidification, as well as a lifetime warranty, we whole heartedly encourage her to do so. Sundry stands behind its products, pricing and lifetime warranty. We have been in business for nearly 20 years, have an A+ rating with the BBB, and more reviews than any other local company on Home Advisor/Angie’s List.

05/07/2020

Kyle F.

As an explanation for why I’ve allowed this issue to drag on for 2 years, I travel for work at lot and couldn’t stay right on top of these guys like I should. On November 6, 2017 the salesman Randolph Vereen arrived at my house and I showed him the issue I was experiencing with efflorescence in my basement. I explained to him that I wanted to tile my basement so I could make it into a livable area. I showed him a room that had previously been tiled but the efflorescence pushed all of the tiles up. He said their interior French drain system would prevent the water from getting under the slab and this would stop the efflorescence from forming. He said I could lay tile 4 days after the installation of their product. The interior French drain was installed on November 20, 2017 but several days later I was still seeing fresh efflorescence. I called Sundry and spoke with Kurt who said give it another week or two. Months passed and still I saw no improvement. I called again. I spoke with Kurt and he said it was mold. I advised him that it was crystalline efflorescence and not mold. He said he would send somebody to look at it. The guy arrived, swept my basement, and sprayed Bioguard. The efflorescence returned within a week. I called Kurt again and he said someone would be out to put down a sealant. Two guys came out and painted a thin strip of sealant of some sort where the 8 inch strip of new concrete over the interior French drain met the original concrete. I called Kurt after they left and asked him how that was going to correct the efflorescence problem I hired them to fix. He told me that the water won’t come through the sealant. Needless to say it didn’t help, and in time the efflorescence even popped up through the sealant. I called Kurt to tell him that I needed a solution because their product was not working as advertised. He said he would send someone out. A guy shows up and I show him all of the efflorescence. He tries to tell me that I have the efflorescence because I have cardboard boxes in my basement and the boxes cause moisture which makes the efflorescence. I pointed out to him that the boxes were on shelves, not the floor. He glazed over and was utterly useless. Fast forward and I’m in town again for a while so I call Kurt again about new, growing spots of efflorescence and he said he would send some guys out to look at it. I circled all of the spots with colored chalk so the guys would see the efflorescence. All they did was spray Bioguard again which just dissolves the surface salts. It doesn’t correct the underlying problem. It merely gives the appearance of a solution. I called Kurt immediately and told him that this was unacceptable. If the solution was a dollar’s worth of bio guard why did I pay them $9300 to install an interior French drain? He said something to the effect of their work is what they guarantee which appears in his mind to be that 8 inch strip of concrete that they laid to cover the drain system. I told him I didn’t hire them to install an 8 inch strip of concrete in my basement. I hired them to get rid of the efflorescence which was still coming up in the concrete. He said he would get back to me on Monday with an answer. That was five weeks ago and I haven’t heard a thing from them. As the final straw, today while I was cleaning up on the side of my house I noticed a drain pipe from a downspout along the side of my house that was hidden with leaves. Instead of running this pipe away from the house, these bozos have the output from my gutter’s downspout depositing the water right along the middle of the wall. They didn’t even run it like I originally had it to channel water away from the house. If they had left it alone it would’ve been better than what they did. In fact if I had never contacted Sundry, my basement would be no better but I would certainly be richer and a lot less aggravated. Please save your money and avoid these guys. Buy a dehumidifier that allows continuous drainage through a garden hose and pay somebody to make a small hole through your wall to the outside for drainage. This will save you $8500 or more.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement to eliminate efflorescence so I could lay tile

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

Sundry Waterproofing installed the Pro-Flow interior sub floor waterproofing system in the basement, and interior Pipe and Gravel system in the crawlspace on 11/20/2017. This system comes with a lifetime warranty against water intrusion and moisture from exterior sources in the basement. In the past 2.5 years, the Atlanta area has seen record rainfalls, and the customer has had zero water intrusion in the basement. The system, which has been tested, is working perfectly. The customer’s complaint concerns persistent efflorescence. Sundry has made several trips to the home when requested. We treated the efflorescence, and even sealed the seam of new and old concrete with hydraulic cement. The fact that the efflorescence returned after this, indicates that the humidity is being created on the interior. What the customer fails to mention in his review, is that there is practically a “Tropical rain forest” setting created in the basement. This includes a multitude of vegetation and many reptiles. The moisture and humidity caused by the watering of the vegetation and heat is creating moisture. The “boxes” that our technician mentioned were damp and contributing to the mold, are damp due to this situation. Sundry stands behind the system, which has been successfully installed in thousands of basements and has been very responsive to the customer when contacted by him. With adequate air circulation, and modifying the interior climate, the persistent efflorescence would be controllable. Again, the dampness inside the basement is not a result of system malfunction or failure. This has been confirmed on our several visits to the home.

06/09/2019

Beatrice R.

My DSL line was cut when they dug a trench for drainage outside the house. This was the first issue. They installed a drainage system by digging into the perimeter around the inside of the basement and installed drain piping and vapor barriers. After the first good rain, you can see where the concrete that they used to cover the trench back up has moisture seeping up in several places. Before this, I didn’t have this moisture coming thru the floor.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement to eliminate need for a dehumidifier

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

Review for Sundry Waterproofing - 2103 Idlewood Rd, Tucker, GA - 37920626

As was explained to Mrs. [Member Name Removed] upon her phone call, What she is noticing was "stinging" of the new concrete. Simply, the re saturation of the new concrete before fully curing. This is perfectly normal, and will not appear after the first 4-6 weeks of installation. With regards to her DSL line, it has been previously discussed that Sundry will cover any cost associated with the repair. Mrs [Member Name Removed] stated that she has not been billed as of yet. It was agreed that she can either forward the bill, or provide a receipt, and Sundry will happily reimburse her. Unfortunately, This review was posted prior to our phone conversation on 6/10, explaining and clarifying her issues.

06/19/2018

Marian G.

Workers were on time, cordial and professional. Work was completed in the time and as stated. Premises were left clean. Though all was to moved, workers detached and moved a shelf that was on a wall they needed to work on. Also, I had been told that steps they had to move would not be replaced, but they were kind enough to put some part of them back so that I can get into the basement before they are replaced permanently. Options were explained for preventing water from entering a door that had a sunken area outside. Any questions I had were willingly answered. It was a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

06/06/2018

Dewey W.

On time as promised and Jonathan and his team were professional, work was completed on time. I would use their service again

Description of Work
Waterproofing of basement and craw space

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

01/08/2018

Bill O.

Excellent. Prompt, price competitive and lifetime guarantee.

Description of Work
Repair of flooding basement caused by “finger space leak”

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

11/15/2017

Lida G.

It took five day, and the space looks great.

Description of Work
Encapsulation of crawl space.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

09/30/2017

Gloria M.

The service was excellent, they are professional people including the helpers, the salesperson came & checked on the property, Mario walked me thru with the project; He did a follow up to check if the everything is working out well & if everything is being followed, worked on his design. I would use them again in the future and as a matter of fact, I already recommended them already.

Description of Work
Install a French Drainage around the house

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

02/22/2017

Wayne B.

It was excellent. I really appreciated the project manager, Jonathan, who did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They waterproofed our basement.

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

01/21/2016

ELIZABETH T.

I am very satisfied with the service on every level. It was easy to communicate with the office. I spoke to Curt several times and he was very responsive and had great follow-through. Mario was the technical manager who planned and priced my service. He is very professional and clearly has a command of the best way to design a waterproofing system. The pricing was fair. The technical team, two brothers, were wonderful. They were professional, efficient and very, very nice. The work was very hard and weather even harder. (nasty wet and very cold). They worked at a fast rate, constantly - no smoking or shooting the breeze with these guys. They do more work in an hour than a lot contractors in a week or more. I was amazed with their work ethic. If you have a leaky basement, I don't think you'll find a better waterproofing company than Sundry. I had a small portion of the basement done two years ago and the system works very well.

Description of Work
87 feet Pro-Flow System

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/20/2016

03/24/2015

Robert H.

I had tight time constraints and Sundry Waterproofing delivered! A previous plumber had dug 5-6 feet below the dirt line and made some holes in my foundation to fix a sewer drain issue. Unfortunately, the plumber never finished the job and left me with several holes in my foundation and a pile of dirt in my driveway. Upon my call, Sundry came out the next day and gave a reasonable quote to fix this, as well as replace some insufficient vapor barriers in my crawl spaces. I agreed and they were able to schedule the job quickly. On service day, the work crew, headed by William, arrived on time and got to work. The crew (especially William) was very professional and got the job done in about 3 hours. I thank William and his crew for a job well done, and Curt (the owner) for his flexibility. I highly recommended these folks.

Description of Work
1. Repair holes in my foundation left by a plumber 2. Replace vapor barrier in two small crawlspaces

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/24/2015

07/25/2014

Joann J.

I was very pleased with my entire experience. Mario was very knowledgable and diagnosed the problem quickly. I did not feel like he was trying to oversell me, in stark contrast to 3 other companies that I talked to. Their price was also thousands less than their competitors. Jesus and his team were exemplary. The project took 3 days to compete. They explained each step of the process and provided a status update each morning and afternoon. Jesus even sent me pictures one day when I was not home when they were leaving. They took pride in their work, were courteous, and did a great job cleaning up. The basement looks completely different, and Sundry's lifetime warranty means that I can call them if I ever have problems.

Description of Work
Sundry installed their pro flow system in my large unfinished concrete basement and crawl space. My house was built in 1925, and water would seep into from various locations in the basement every time it rained. The problem was not disclosed by the previous owner. I had Aquaguard inspect the basement before the closing, and the technician claimed there was nothing to be concerned about. Three months and several floods later, Aquaguard was at my house with an $18,000 quote for a waterproofing system similar to the one installed by Sundry for significantly less. Sundry also sprayed biocide throughout the basement to kill off the mold that was starting to develop. The install was completed yesterday, and my basement remains dry despite significant rain today.

Work Completed On 07/23/2014

07/22/2014

Katherine G.

Appointment was for 10:00am, he did call twice to say he was on his way, but did not arrive until at least 12:00pm. Seemed to be having technical difficulties with his phone, and so my husband told him it was fine to email the estimate rather than complete it right then and there. Never heard from him again.

Description of Work
Came out to complete a free estimate.

Work Completed On 07/12/2014

06/09/2014

John G.

They were very professional, and they did a good job. The quality was good. He fixed a lot of things on the outside for me.

Description of Work
Sundry Waterproofing waterproofed the basement for us. We had a second problem a couple of weeks ago, and they came back out and addressed that problem and fixed it.

Work Completed On 05/26/2014

03/29/2014

lynetta H.

They put a pro flo system in to prevent any further water coming in the house. They gave me a lifetime warranty. They explained everything to me. They cleaned up after themselves. These guys worked so diligently to get the job done and left no mess. Very nice experience.

Description of Work
I had some water coming through my cement blocks in my basement.

Work Completed On 03/28/2014