A boat dock gives you access to the lake or ocean, making it a wonderful addition for your family and home. This guide breaks down the costs of building a boat dock.
Get matched with top dock builders in Washington DC, DC
There are 15 highly-rated local dock builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dock Building Reviews in Washington DC
- Bella Home Design, LLCIf I had to sum up Bella Homes in just a few words, it would be this: Our family dream home. Bella Home Design is comprised of the perfect team absolutely dedicated to making your dream home become a reality. As busy as they were managing multiple home projects, Marco and his team were truly dedicated in attending to our desires and genuinely GENUINELY cared. They didn't nickel and dime us, but from the beginning I always got the vibe that their greatest satisfaction was seeing their customer absolutely LOVE their home. And we ABSOLUTELY LOVE our home. 150%! When we first came across the house we bought it was about 50% complete. It had the foundation, framing, and roof completed. Initially, we thought the house was a bit too big for what we were going for, but the architectural design and layout of the home honestly made the house a perfect fit for us. We came in at just the right time where we were able to make some design tweaks (i.e. remove elevator design, modify master bedroom closet, modify formal living room for an office, modify a wine room into a storage space, etc). Additionally, we were able to make selections for all the bathrooms, accents walls, mud rooms, wet bar, coffee bar, butler pantry, and much more. As a Naval Officer, I take a lot of pride in being a man of integrity. Therefore, I want to be completely honest. Was there bumps along the way? For sure. But when you're building your dream home, and its not an actual custom home build - there will be some bumps. I would take these bumps every single time as opposed to going through the pains of a new construction custom build that comes with a lot of risks. With that said, every bump was able to be communicated and worked out. When I say Marco has a team truly dedicated to attending to our desires - he has a great team. Tony, their CFO, was not too busy to get his hands dirty and took the time to work on some requests and/or discrepancies. He is a man that takes a lot of pride in punctuality and timelines, but he is also a man that prides on delivery a quality product to his customers. Darren, one of their designers, was so responsive and upbeat - he was an absolute pleasure to work with and provided timely responses. In a time where supply chain issues are present, Bella Homes did a remarkable job in planning ahead and delivering a quality product to its customers. What made this experience even better was the fact that they valued my input and often sought my input. What an amazing feeling it was to walk into a home that you felt like was a custom build, and not having to feel like you have to hire a bunch of contractors after closing to do a bunch of remodeling. For those in the military and are familiar with performance reviews, as a senior Lieutenant Commander in the Navy with 16 years of service I would give Bella Homes my absolute HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION for building you your next home. From the quality workmanship to the communication and genuine desire to perfect (as reasonable as possible) our dream home, we will forever be grateful for the home they delivered to us. Thank you Marco, Tony, and the remarkable Bella Home Design crew. You truly built us our dream home
- American Deck & PatioIt went really well. The patio crew, in particular, worked very hard. The work came out beautifully and they made it all very easy. We made an adjustment on the size of the patio at the last minute and they were able to accomodate us. It was not the least expensive bid we received for the work but it was a fair price and the work came out really well. Overall professional job. They came when they said they would for estimates and follow-up and work was done on-time
- Jim the HandymanThis was much easier than expected and I even had many "little" things included. I recommend "Jim the Handyman"!
- Triton Design Group,IncThe work was excellent. I sold the house two years ago and the dock was an important selling point. Triton service was very, very good. Cost was reasonable for the quality of work I received. He was very easy to work with and his crew was excellent. He was there every morning on time and worked all day long with his crew. I consistently recommended him to the lake community
- R J GORMAN MARINE CONSTRUCTION LLCAn outstanding contractor from top to bottom. Excellent customer service from initial estimate to job completion. A high quality product coupled with a high quality installation. RJ Gorman got everything right and have earned my highest recommendation. (Note: I did not research costs of competing contractors and so my "A" rating for cost is based on the VALUE of the product and services received
- The Deck Hands LLCThey were great and when I contacted them to get what work had to be done; they were very responsive, they came out to look at the property and to see what could be done, they talked and gave some suggestion, so when they solved it they were efficient and cleaned up after and there was no debris left in my yard. The dock looks great. I rate them highly and will use them again in the future if needed
- R.E Douglas Company IncThey did a great job. They are honorable and the quality of work was superb. I am getting ready to have them back out for more work.
- B & W Marine ConstructionThe barge and workers showed up on time on the day scheduled for the start of this large project. They quickly removed the outboard pilings for my 100 foot pier and moved the barge and equipment in close to the bulkhead. They removed a dockhouse that was later put back in place and updated by another contractor. Pile driving began immediately and continued for two days. Afterward, they drove in the vinyl bulkhead panels that we had selected after seeing other similar projects that Steve had completed. This bulkhead will last longer than my lifetime, for sure. Upon finishing one side of my pier, they moved to the other side and repeated the process. After finishing the bulkhead, they began replacing the pier's deck with new 2x6 boards. Steve agreed to use stainless steel deck screws, rather than nails, which will hold the boards tighter on the joists. After all pier work was completed, they brought in the new aluminum boat lift we had ordered from the company. That install was finished in a day and included fitting the lift to my boat hull. A couple of days later, Steve installed a new walk board for me to be able to wax the outer side of my hull. I have had three major marine jobs done on my dock over the past 25 years. B and W is by far the best marine contractor I have ever used. His pricing is very fair, even though he uses superior materials. For example, he replaced my 8 inch piles with 12 inch piles, and used galvanized steel rods to connect to the deadmen at every piling. He does not work his crew to death, but treats them very fairly. They know what they are doing, for sure. He is a very good marine contractor, and the best I have used
- Lakeside DockThey produce a high quality product. He is also a very accomodating person. They are very reasonably priced.
- Advantage Lawn & LandscapingDanny and his crew started when they were scheduled, completed one day early, cleaned up completely. The yard is show-stopping gorgeous !
Last update on March 9, 2022
Dock Builders in Washington DC
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dock builder articles
Find out why it's important to hire a shoreline landscaping contractor to keep your shoreline in good health. Learn about the specialist knowledge they bring and how they can help your property.
Find dock builders in
dock builders in Washington DC
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- abikat costruction llc2376 Daniels Rd
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
- ADO Home Services, LLCPO Box 2843
Leesburg, Virginia 20177
- Advantage Lawn & Landscaping15200 Kapp Valley Way
Haymarket, Virginia 20169
- All America Drywall Inc.10941 Woodfair Rd
Fairfax Station, Virginia 22039
- AmeribuiltP.O. Box 4
Broomes Island, Maryland 20615
- American Deck & Patio10319 Westlake Dr
Bethesda, Maryland 20817
- abikat costruction llc
- Fisher's Backyard Structures622 Farmersville Rd
New Holland, Pennsylvania 17557
- Fisher's Backyard Structures
- HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping LLC201 Davis Drive Unit Q
Sterling, Virginia 20164
- HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping LLC
- I S ENTERPRISES1324 H St NE
Washington, District Of Columbia 20002
- I S ENTERPRISES
- Let Frank Do It LLC (LFDI)1901 Sunrise Dr
Potomac, Maryland 20854
- Let Frank Do It LLC (LFDI)
- Nova Construction Pro15065 Brown Post Ln
Centreville, Virginia 20121
- Nova Construction Pro
- Ryans Renovations29130 Kron Ct
Richardsville, Virginia 22736
- Ryans Renovations
- Smart Home Remodeling Inc.6615 Haltwhistle ln
Alexandria, Virginia 22315
- Smart Home Remodeling Inc.
- X-ACT BUILDERS4613 Araby Church Road
Frederick, Maryland 21704
- X-ACT BUILDERS