Jim the Handyman

Virginia: Contractors
11/30/2022

2950 Chichester Ln

Fairfax, VA 22031

Jim The Handyman is a family run handyman business established in 1984 in Northern Virginia. We offer a wide range of services and free estimates, so we can get your home to-do list checked off, and your house in tip top shape! Jim The Handyman specializes in the home improvement and repair industry with our core competencies being carpentry, drywall, door installation and repair, screen and window repair, tiling and tile repair, caulking, painting, pressure washing, furniture repair and assembly, light bulb and filter replacement, odd jobs, and small jobs. We pride ourselves on our quality work, cleanliness, and trustworthy service. We’re licensed and insured, and have references on hand for your peace of mind. Give us a call so we can get your house in tip-top shape!...

handyman (447)door installation (109)drywall (64)woodworking (61)interior painting (50)tile installation (24)house painting (23)general contractors (19)window replacement (14)decks & porches (13)closet design (12)deck cleaning (11)

08/03/2021

Rather than doing a complete remodel of our 70-year-old bathroom and our unfinished laundry room, we decided to have the bathroom walls patched and repainted and the laundry room cinder block walls and unfinished ceiling (including pipes and vents) painted. Carlos went above and beyond, performing excellent work throughout. Both rooms look fantastic thanks to his careful repair and painting, makin...

Description of Work
Patching and painting of bathroom and laundry room walls, repairing caulk around bathtub.

Category handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

07/24/2021

They put up 3 people, 1st is knowledgeable and the 2nd assistant. but the 3rd one is not needed I think. Next time, they should bring all knowledgeable person only. They also quoted wrong price and suddenly changed it on the actual job. I will never hire them again, they are shady.

Description of Work
Installed handrail on the stairs and hardwood steps

Work Completed On 03/24/2021

07/07/2021

My HOA required me to paint a shutter on the outside of my townhouse. Carissa and Jimena were 'super fast' to to get my appointment scheduled. Jorge Falcones did a professional paint job on the shutter. As I was out of town when the work was performed, he sent me pictures while the work was being performed so that I could see the required steps were performed (sanding, priming). When Jorge was don...

Description of Work
Outdoor Shutter Painting

Category custom cabinets,house painters

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

06/30/2021

The technician Gustavo arrived promptly and worked professionally to complete a well crafted solution to my problem. I really appreciated how communicated with me as the work progressed.

Description of Work
A finishing of wooden trim was required to cover an unsightly gap that had developed between the kitchen countertop and back wall. Also cabinets were in need of realignment.

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

06/30/2021

Jim the Handyman did an excellent job and help me discover other places that needed repair not accessible from the ground level. All the repairs were made at an affordable price. I will certainly use them again as need arises.

Description of Work
I needed repair of rotten wood around the gutters and window.

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

04/27/2021

I had very limited availability & scheduling was very easy. Carlos showed up early & made quick work of the new blind installation. I’d definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Helping hang new blinds

Category custom cabinets,handyman service

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

03/12/2021

Jim the Handyman was able to get someone out to provide an estimate which was extremely reasonable and then they scheduled someone to come out the next day. The work was done magnificently and we were able to get our painting project done that weekend. So thankful for this team!

Description of Work
We had a large crack in our ceiling that needed to be addressed before we could finish a DIY painting project that we had already started. Our home was in shambles and we needed help fast.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

11/25/2020

Very well. I had 2 different guys. The first one (too bad I can't remember his name but he was great) fixed the bedroom door and the closet door. Professional, friendly, neat, and the repairs looked good. The second guy, Franco, re-caulked 2 showers, and installed a house number and a water hose hanger on a brick wall. He was on time, professional, neat, checked with me to make sure he understood ...

Description of Work
Repair bedroom door and closet door, re-caulk bathroom, clean outside vent, install house number etc..

Category custom cabinets,handyman service,doors

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/16/2020

We have used Jim the Handyman several times over the years - they have always completed their work properly, on time and on budget. I thought I needed new slider doors, and they told me they could swap out the wheels which worked well. They also repaired our attic/roofline where some squirrels had chewed through and you can't even tell where it happened. We will continue to use them for projects l...

Description of Work
Repair and repaint roof facia, fix old sliding doors.

Category contractors,handyman service,house painters,doors

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

10/19/2020

The work done was very good. We went back and forth over whether to install a vinyl or wood railing, finally settling on wood. I asked them to match what was existing on my porch. The handrail matched well, but the balusters were made from a lower grade wood with visible knots and defects, where the existing was clear pine. The handiwork on the railing was excellent. It is too bad they didn't spen...

Description of Work
Repair outdoor railing. Paint front and back porches

Category decks,handyman service,house painters

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Carpentry, Caulking, Door Repair & Installation, Drywall Repair, Furniture Repair & Assembly, Furnace & AC Filter Replacement, Painting (Interior & Exterior), Door & Window Re-screening, Tiling & Tile Repair, Sliding Door Roller Repair, Screen & Storm Door Repair, Window Glass Repair, Pressure Washing, Window Treatment Installation (Curtain Rods, etc.), Light Bulb Replacement, Misc. & Odd Jobs

Wood flooring installation, Bathroom and kitchen remodeling, Electrical work, Plumbing work, Roofing, Remodeling

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express