The Deck Hands LLC

11309 Water Pointe Cir Ste 100

Reston, VA 20194

05/02/2016

Tom P.

This is my first review on Angie's list. Tom Wilson and the Deck Hands did an amazing job on our deck and screened in porch. I told him what I wanted and how much I was willing to pay. He searched and provided me options that would get me in under budget. In some cases, he was able to salvage some of my old deck to save me money on the project. I felt other estimates were too high and kind of sales pitchy. Tom provided me his best price up front and I did not feel the need to haggle with him. Tom is an architect and provides detailed plans to the HOA. They actually commented on the approval that they had never seen such detailed plans in a request before. He uses the same crew of two guys for his jobs and they worked hard the entire time. I recall one Saturday in which it was cold, very windy and even snowing and they worked all day and were back the next morning at 8:00 am to start again. They cleaned up each day after they left and I never found any nails or other debris in my driveway or yard. I visited three of his previous jobs and spoke with home owners before making the decision to go with Tom Wilson and the Deck Hands and I could not be happier. All county inspections passed with no problems. Great attention to detail and great craftsmanship. Several neighbors have now inquired about his services also, so I suspect I'll be seeing him in the neighborhood again real soon. I really can't say enough good things about this company. Thanks Tom Wilson and crew.

Description of Work
Deck re-build and with addition of a screened in porch.

11/02/2015

barry L.

My old, small decks needed removal and complete rebuilding . I saw Tom Wilson's deck work at my neighbor's town home and was impressed with his build quality and attention to detail. He listened to my particulars and worked out the design to fit our home and be in compliance with both the county and Reston Assoc. What complicated the job was that I needed a contractor who could coordinate with the company replacing my old cedar siding with Hardie. Tom understood how to stage the project and after demo and installation of ledger boards, he came back after the siding and trim were completed to place the new footings, drop beams, decking and rail. He rebuilt a landscaping wall and installed a 3 sided bench and privacy panels. Tom's lead carpenter is named Jimmy and he is a craftsman. Both Tom and Jimmy along with a third person got the job done with perfection. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Demo of old upper and ground level decks. Constructed new upper and lower decks.

08/11/2015

Janice C.

We had a great experience with Tom Wilson and The Deck Hands, LLC. Tom was very responsive from our first contact until our last. He provided an extensive list of his projects and references and let us call anyone we wanted to call. All references were very positive. We received detailed drawings and clear explanations of what would be done, and his contract is clear and straightforward. He got us onto his schedule fairly quickly and completed the work in amazing time considering all the rain we had. His workers were very respectful and worked long hours very diligently. We are now enjoying our "new" deck and appreciate the good work!

Description of Work
Rebuilt our 2nd level deck for us.

11/26/2013

Shyam M.

Tom was very professional and provided a very detailed Quote on how he is going to perform the work. I have never seen such a detail quote before. He is very responsive for my text messages/emails.

Description of Work
Requested quote for Deck and Fence.

04/01/2013

Felix N.

We contacted them after a friend of ours recommended them and we saw their work on other neighbourhoods. Once we met for the appointment, Tom (the owner) was courteous, nice, knowledgeable and grabbed all the information of what we wanted in a deck and a concrete patio underneath the deck. After a few days, he followed up with us and sent us the most detailed proposal for a deck that we have seen so far (we got like 9 quotes from different vendors) including a great drawing with all the different design details of our deck. We wanted to be as economical as possible, so he went out of his way to look for ways that we could save money without compromising the quality, design and end-result of our deck. We had so many questions and he patiently answered them all and met with us multiple times until we were happy and had a complete visualization of how our deck will look like. Once we decided about it, we gave the deposit and after our HOA approved it, his team started a couple of days after. It only took them 5-6 days from start to finish and we had an amazing and beautiful deck built. He made sure that everything was above the county code and it exceeded our expectations. During the whole time, he was accessible and I was able to address any situation or concerns that I had promptly. The concrete patio only took them 2 days. All the staff that works there are friendly, respectful and hard-working people. I will definitively hire them for future projects and I would recommend them to everyone I know that wants a good quality, fair-priced deck.

Description of Work
Installed a second level 300 sq feet Trex deck on a 45 degree angle with picture frame boards, floor lighting and post lighting. Installed a brushed finish concrete patio underneath the deck on the lower level.

04/03/2012

Patricia H.

They were great and when I contacted them to get what work had to be done; they were very responsive, they came out to look at the property and to see what could be done, they talked and gave some suggestion, so when they solved it they were efficient and cleaned up after and there was no debris left in my yard. The dock looks great. I rate them highly and will use them again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I used The Deck Hands LLC for dock building.

Category dock building

Avec Construction Inc

We are locally owned and operated construction company and have been doing installations and remodelling since 2005. We like to differ ourselves from the competition with the exceptional customer service and care, attention to the details and therefore to excellence in quality of workmanship and products. With each and every project being unique, we do oversee the entire project from initial design and free estimate, the permit applications, throughout the entire construction to very last clean up. We treat your project with the highest priority and take a pride in each and every installation. Our satisfied customers are our best advertisement.

Phoenix Home Services Inc

Visit our website to request your free in-home estimate today! Phoenix Home Services is a locally owned and operated turn-key construction company servicing the Northern Virginia area. We have been in business since 1985, with many beautiful projects under our belts. Our committed and tight-knit team is fully capable of projects as simple as a small patio installation, to larger jobs such as full house or business construction, and everything in between! As a general contractor with years of experience installing complex projects and strong ties with the area's suppliers, Phoenix Home Services is a sound choice and good value for all your home improvement needs. From building a custom screen room, to renovating a basement… Let Phoenix breathe new life into your home!

Offers by Phoenix Home Services Inc on Angi
    Steadfast Construction Inc

Financing Available. / We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with great diversity among our two dozen - plus builders. / VA Lic. # 2705-058852A *** We Schedule Appointments for: • Monday – Thursday: 1pm, 3pm, 5pm & 7pm • Friday: 1pm, 3pm & 5pm • Saturday: 9am, 11am & 1pm

Offers by Steadfast Construction Inc on Angi

Deck design & construction.