Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Waukesha, WI
There are 69 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Waukesha
- Infinity Exteriors LLCThe crew of 5 showed up and had my previously purchased siding installed within two days. This was quite a feat as it was 20 squares plus window and door wrapping with temperatures in the mid-high 80's but that didn't deter them. Two guys came back to do some finishing touches. A quality job with good clean-up. Estimator Danny Stemper and Project Manager Nick Kuspa were great to work with read less
- TODD'S CARPENTRYWe are pleased. Todd was professional, punctual and efficient. Everything went according to plan, he really knows his stuff. Would hire again should the need arise.
- GR General Contracting LLCFrom the moment Gordon quoted us on the project, it was smooth sailing, even during a pandemic. Gordon was terrific at keeping in touch, letting us know what was going on, and promptly answering our calls and emails. It was a pretty big project, reverting a 1970's 11'x14' master bathroom and completely remodeling it. It turned out absolutely beautiful! Gordon's staff, Nick, Brandon, Tyler and the electricians and plumbers he contracted were all very nice and professional. There was never anything that went too wrong, but if something was wrong, they fixed it immediately. Our kitchen remodel is next and we will definitely be using GR General Contracting again read less
- Kurber Construction LLCErick is very focused on quality and doing the job right. He is responsive to concerns and easy to work with, but had some problems meeting schedule commitments. If you want the job done right and have some flexibility in the schedule, I can strongly recommend Kurber Construction.
- Compass Construction & RemodelingWork performed was above expectations. The key things I look for when selecting a contractor are Communication, Quality Work, and Timeliness. Compass exceeded all three areas and I will definitely be using them again in another remodeling project. I definitely believe they were the best value for the amount of money spent; I was very happy read less
- Frisch DrywallWe needed drywall repairs after some electrical upgrades. Mike is the best. He is on time and his work is excellent, We had him paint after the repairs were done. And his rates are reasonable.
- Two Day Painting LLCI received the information for Two Day Painting from Nari as I was told they do carpentry and are experienced with dealing with wood ****** holes. From the estimate with Cal which impressed me with his knowledge of all products, to the crew with Arturo who cleaned up daily and had very high quality, to the carpentry bid with Alton who was able to deal with a specific issue with door replacement in an innovative way, I was impressed with the entire experience. I liked the quick response time with the carpentry and the exceptional workmanship with the trickiness of cedar siding and all aspects of paintjob including high quality products for longevity. Prep was outstanding from the crew, and the company was easy to communicate with, especially the office staff. Would use again read less
- Compass Construction & RemodelingWorking with Compass Construction on the extensive remodel of one of my downtown MKE rental units was a fantastic experience! The knowledge and experience that they provided throughout the duration of my project was invaluable - I look forward to working with Compass again knowing that they will be able to single-handedly help me ensure my next project's success! read less
- TODD'S CARPENTRYTodd is an excellent , skilled carpenter- works fast and knows what he doing. Easy to communicate with. There were 2 pieces of wood for part of balcony that I wanted to paint before installing, He dropped these off in advance which I appreciated. Be aware he does charge fee for extra trips to the work site, if you have questions about this ask him in advance. I work hire him again, for any job that he is willing to do read less
- Two Day Painting LLCThey were very patient with the animals that we had , and they were great at communication and accommodating for the questions we had. They went above and beyond for us and tried to save us money . Would definitely have them back and hire again. Awesome job ethic and quick! Superb crew!
Contractors in Waukesha
- Business Description:Owner operated, family run. I will look at the job, bid the job and do the job; my wife does the paperwork. Each job is individually estimated. I have over 30 years of experience and specialize in overcoming structural challenges. We will bring in our team of subcontractors when necessary, but generally it is just me and sometimes my wife will help me out. Customers like this because she cleans up really good! read lessRecent Review:To say I’m deeply disappointed with the overall outcome of my experience and services provided would be an understatement. Dan came to see the spot where we needed a storm door in order to assess the scope of work and provide a quote. His wife provided a quote via email. Dying our meeting he discussed weatherstripping with copper and hanging a storm door for our half round front door. We were asked to pay half before the job was completed. On the day of instal dan had asked where all the hinges and other hardware were. When I let him know that I had asked his wife via email the week before our scheduled instal who was responsible for hardware and she noted that dan world being everything, he ignored it and acted very annoyed. I asked what hardware my husband should pick up and he told us which local store to go to and to ask for a specific employee who would know what hinges to give us. Dan then hung the storm door and installed the hardware but the hinges were the wrong ones as they didn’t clear the awning built in to our house. Dan then attempted to hack away at a portion of it with no success of getting the door to open. He told us “it’s unfortunate” but that we can figure out what type of hinges we need for this specific scenario, order them, and then he can come back for an hourly rate of $80 to install it all. That night his wife emailed me the invoice for the job…. Of the entire scope of work that was quoted dan installed flexible rubber weatherstripping and I was being billed over $1,000 for it. Hilarious. I let his wife know that I’m not willing to pay on a job not completed. This changed the tune of Dan’s approach. Suddenly he called saying he wants to make it right. When I let him know that I can’t open the front door with one hand as the weatherstripping is too tight he made a remark about differences of strength between men and women. He ended up picking up a pair and a half of hinges he should have gotten in the first place and installed them, knowing we would be having the door painted. Upon the door being painted, it no longer closed. We had another handy man look at it and he removed the middle hinge as Dan had installed it backwards. The whole experience was absolutely awful. I would never recommend Dan to anyone read lessMagda P.
- Business Description:I have over 13 years of remodeling experience. I own and run Hawthorne Remodeling LLC myself. That way I work with the customer from start to finish and I do the work to make sure it meets and exceeds the homeowners satisfactions. Please check out my website read less
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job, no trip charge all estimates are FREE. Social Media site: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Milwaukee-Handyman/109730415758418
- Business Description:Welcome to Mr. Handyman of Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Licensed, Bonded, and Insure read lessRecent Review:It went very well! Eric Glorioso was very professional and diligent with his work. Let Eric know that he hasn’t noticed yet. He will know what I mean.Danielle P.
- Business Description:Handyman Services Offered Here! I do residential and commercial work. Handyman type skills. Installation, Plumbing, Drywall, Electrical, Painting, Toilets, rough carpentry. Home help. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today read lessRecent Review:Noah and Tom from Handyman Help were incredibly professional. They were receptive to address all the challenges and did the house and a garage. Flexible. And kept to task. And the job looks great.Judy S.
- Business Description:“SuperService Award” winner 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 myHandypro provides dependable and affordable repair and improvement services for your home and business.Recent Review:After leaving a voice mail one week, never received the courtesy of a call back.Ted O.
- Business Description:GR General Contracting can help you achieve your goal of creating the home you always wanted. As a general contractor we can handle most any project, from remodeling kitchens and bathrooms or finishing basements, to building additions and decks. With years of experience improving the homes of our community, we combine skilled craftsmanship with hard-working dedication to give your project the attention and care it deserves read lessRecent Review:From the moment Gordon quoted us on the project, it was smooth sailing, even during a pandemic. Gordon was terrific at keeping in touch, letting us know what was going on, and promptly answering our calls and emails. It was a pretty big project, reverting a 1970's 11'x14' master bathroom and completely remodeling it. It turned out absolutely beautiful! Gordon's staff, Nick, Brandon, Tyler and the electricians and plumbers he contracted were all very nice and professional. There was never anything that went too wrong, but if something was wrong, they fixed it immediately. Our kitchen remodel is next and we will definitely be using GR General Contracting again read lessChristopher M.
- Business Description:Budget Right Handyman is Chicagoland's largest handyman service. We've won the Angie's List Super Service Award for 10 consecutive years. Since 2016, we've completed over 20,000 projects. All of our work comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee & 1-year warranty on labor read lessRecent Review:Matthew was prompt, communicative, positive, professional, confident, and knowledgeable about the work. He worked efficiently and provided a beautiful product.Henri D.
- Business Description:All facets of interior and exterior remodeling & roofing. Family owned and operated. Residential and Commercial.Recent Review:It was a pleasure to work with Bahram from start to finish. He was always accessible by text or phone and always kept me up to speed and came by the house personally to check on the work of his many guys. The only surprises were those initiated by me, in particular the decision to preserve an old brick wall because it looked so pretty once exposed, rather than to knock it down according to the original plan. Bahram's personal touch helped the project go very smoothly, and I wouldn't hesitate to engage him again read lessCONRAD F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- New Berlin
- Elm Grove
- Big Bend
- West Allis
- Hales Corners
- Genesee Depot
- West Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls
- North Prairie
general contractors in Waukesha
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Everything Drywall and paint 3900A E Layton Ave
- 1-800-PRO-PAINTER3227 N 31st St
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- 2nd Life Home Repair & Remodeling Services LLC18480 W National Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- 4D Construction, LLCW182S6542 Muskego Dr
- Everything Drywall and paint
- A to Z Handyman6943 248th Ave
- AAA Landscaping18901 W Lincoln Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Aaron’s Building Services4555 S Sommerset Dr
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Aatuzi Contracting2888 Mayfield Rd
- AB & K Affordable Bath & Kitchen3636 S 108th St
- Ability Remodeling, LLC4264 S 1st St
- Above & Below Concepts LLC5531 N Shasta Dr
- Absolute business contractors1027 Ridgeway Dr
- Accurate Insulation SolutionsN9063 North Rd
- AD Roofing LLC19700 W. Edgewood Dr
- ADVANCED HOME IMPROVEMENT LLC3563 N MURRAY AVE
- Aldgate Construction1221 N Doe Rd
- Alioto's General Contracting LLC7809 n Port Washington RD
- All American Gutters LLC795 South Main
- ALL AMERICAN WINDOW & DOOR CO INCN112W14880 Mequon Rd
- All Phase Construction713 Oakfield st
West Bend, Wisconsin
- All That Designs5542 N 53rd St
- Allis-Awnings, Windows Doors & More!10549 W Forest Home Ave
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
- Aluma- Trim Of America10134 N Port Washington Rd
- Always Building Custom18500 W Lawnsdale Rd
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Ambrick Painting Co IncPO Box 20941
- Apex Development LLC7343 W Layton Avenue
- ARACO HOME REPAIR SPECIALISTS5611 W FOUNTAIN AVE
- Aristocrat Remodeling & HAVC815 elizabeth st
- Armstrong General Contracting1011 W Somers St
- Artisan Construction469 E Johnson St
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
- Asbach Homes & Renovations LLCS74W17408 Lake Dr
- ASSOCIATED-SENNOTT CONTRACTORS INCW270N485 Meadowbrook Rd
- Atmosphere Construction, LLC7425 S Chapel Dr.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- Axis Property Management and Home Improvements LLC304 Main St
- A to Z Handyman
- B & E GENERAL CONTRACTORS INC6001 N. GreenBay Rd
- B & K ContractorsPO Box 127
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B-Trimmed Design Build Group4830 N 74th St
- B.R. French Contracting, LLC6814 S. Loomis Rd.
- Back to Basics Builders, LLC6323 W Wisconsin Ave
- Backes Fine Carpentry, LLC3275 N Pierce Street
- Badger Basement SystemsN1656 Hwy 12
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
- BADGER CARPENTRY INCW285N2011 Louis Ave
- Badger State Contracting207 E Main St
- Badgerland Facility ServicesW61N 678 Mequon Ave
- Barajas Construction Llc2545 s. 15th pl
- BARTELME BUILDERS INC39533 VALLEY RD
- Bast Painting & Services8359 S 76th st
- BAUTCH & SONSW229S8030 BIG BEND DR
BIG BEND, Wisconsin
- Bear Builders LLC2623 W Lake Vista Ct
- Been there fixed that handyman service llcW151S7662 Mystic Dr
- BELFOR USA Group, Inc.2929 N. 114th Street
- Bierman Carpentry1222 Lisbon Ave
- Big Blue Handyman & Carpentry13709 West Cleveland Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- BIG DAVE'S SERVICES9131 W Walker St
- BILL RANKIN HOME IMPROVEMENTS302 BUENA VISTA
- Blue Lakes Remodeling9435 Harding Blvd
- Blue Line Carpentry1014 S Main St
- BMB Contracting Custom InnovationsW237S4866 Big Bend Rd
- Borth-Wilson Plumbing & Remodeling3270 N 126TH ST
- Braatz Building Inc2010B W. Bender Rd.
- Brandt Construction3812 Glencoe Dr.
- Brew City Remodeling LLC.3752 S 52nd Street
- Brewer Contracting3420 Washington Ave
- Brian Terranova Construction4637 N Ironwood ln
- BRICKSET TILE & REMODELING LLCW182S8475 Racine Ave
- Brillo Home Improvements Inc5315 N Lovers Lane Rd
- Brookfield Home and Idea Center3485 N 124th St.
- Brothers And Son Painting LLC1090 Baxter Street 1
- Buck General Construction LLC5134 N 40th St A
- Budget Builders LLC4680 W Bradley Rd
- Budget Right Handyman520 W Erie St Ste 240
- Build It Right Carpentry LLCW360N7103 Brown St
- Burkham Built LLC8461 N Port Washington Rd
- BURMEISTER WOODWORK COMPANYPO Box 118
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
- B & E GENERAL CONTRACTORS INC
- C A Z FINISHED CARPENTRY1666 Devonshire Dr
- C.A. Daniels Construction3642 W Elm St
- Caliber Builders & RemodelersW4632 Pebble Dr
- Callen Construction IncS63W13131 Janesville Rd
- Caravella Paintworks6526 River Parkway
- CARL'S PAINTING SERVICE4268 Cherokee Trail
- CARPENTER CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING, LLC5314 ROBIN DR
- Caylor Construction and Remodeling LLCW170S7393 parkland drive
- Century Kitchens & Bath39133 N US Highway 41
- CG NOVAK & ASSOCIATES8051 S 51ST ST
- Clark Carpentry & remodeling LLCPO Box 383
- Clint Lampshire Construction5473 moorehead lane
- Cobra Carpentry LLC3874 E Cudahy ave
- Colorwheel Painting LLC3804 W. Vliet
- Community Building & RestorationPO Box 11537
- Community Roofing & Restoration1928 E Park Pl
- complete painting & carpentry1503 E. Irving Pl.
- Conger Construction, Inc.W7902 Forest Ave Rd
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
- Connor Remodeling & Design, IncN88W16606 Main St
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Construct Boss9401 W. Beloit Road Suite 202
- CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTIONS3432 S 84TH ST
- Contract Painting - Bailey & Ellis Inc1251C Sentry Dr
- Crack Fillers Caulking LLC1691 State Road 83
- Creative Cabinets Inc5125 N 125th St
- CREATIVE WOOD PRODUCTS9710 S 58TH ST
- C A Z FINISHED CARPENTRY