If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Get matched with top home builders in La Crosse, WI
There are 3 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in La Crosse
- JET Building & RemodelingJustin did an excellent job! We are SO pleased with how our kitchen and flooring turned out. It is just how we had envisioned it. He is an excellent carpenter, with extensive knowledge of building construction and repair. He was very professional and easy to work with. He is a hard worker and came to work on the project everyday until it was completed. We would highly recommend Justin and JET Construction for your building or remodeling needs without reservation. We plan to have him to do future projects for us including building a new home
- Proformance Construction LLCKevin Miller is very easy to work with. He has great attention to detail and very responsive to customer needs. What more do you need.
- Wisconsin Building SupplyLori Engelhart is the designer. She has an excellent design sense. I used her for the kitchen design, cabinetry in an adjoining family room and finally the bathroom. Her advice is invaluable and she communicates well as to what can and cannot work in my 1929 home.
- Advanced Improvements LLCMike McClure and his crew build a custom deck for us and did a great job! From the design process to completion, the guys were straight shooters and hard workers. They were willing to accommodate our busy schedule and stayed on budget. Mike is very personable and quotes solid, honest projects with all variables discussed up front. We hope to have his company back for projects in the future
- GTS HOMES INCGreg has been available whenever I need him. He is prompt in returning my phone calls. He makes every effort to fix the problem while minimizing the cost. He is professional and pleasant to work with.
- VOSS & SONS CONSTRUCTIONRemodeled home to handicap/wheelchair accessible. Overall, the remodel went extremely well. It was hard for my wife and me as we were staying in a hotel while the work was being done. I am in a wheelchair recovering from a spinal cord injury and that's the reason for the remodel. Removing all carpet and installation of cork flooring went smooth as silk with no problems. Bathrooms: The master bathroom was gutted and rebuilt with a large roll in shower and cabinets wheelchair height. The floor in the shower slopes to the rear to a drain, keeping the rest of the bathroom dry. The only glitch - the subcontractor started the slope in the wrong place, allowing water into the bathroom. l Voss worked with the sub and set up a date to remove and replace the shower floor at no cost. Kitchen: We had a narrow galley kitchen and the project involved removing the kitchen and installing a new partial wall and an attached peninsula & cooktop. New kitchen cabinets and counter tops were also installed. not one problem , it looks fantastic. There was a wheelchair lift installed in the garage. Contractor: As the General contractor, Al Voss made it all come together on time. We missed the budget only because we made changes and upgrades. Al Voss did an outstanding job and I will use Viss & made it all work together. Sons again. I have recommended them and will continue to do so. Thanks Al
- Bluff Country Builders LLCWe first heard about Pat\Bluff Country Builders through Parade of Homes. He was very professional and personal. It first started with a meeting where we shared our initial thoughts and\or fears of building. During that meeting we were honest about our budget and need to be in at a certain time due to us relocating to the area. He showed us some plans to see what we would like and he also shared some great ideas that he had done before. Once we agreed upon what we wanted and what he could deliver we went ahead with the plan of being in the house in the fall of 2010. We made weekly visits to the site and everything went well. Whenever we had questions we called him, if we left a voice mail he would call us back within a day. Overall our house is beautiful and my wife and I highly recommend them
- COULEE CONSTRUCTIONExcellent. Paul and Andy Raymer are very dedicated to the job at hand. Couldn't ask for a better builder. Everything went very smoothly. He offered helpful advice and high quality carpentry.
- AUGEDAHL CONSTRUCTION & CBNTRYThey were recommended by a friend and locally it was difficult to find someone to do a small addition. They seemed capable and said it would be an easy enough project. They started framing the project in November but work was slowed down in December-January due to holidays and winter, which meant the side of the house for the addition was open through the winter. I asked how they could work thru the winter and they assured me they could. OK well we had to heat the place and did try to keep things as closed up as we could. Weather complicated progress and completion but it took forever for other reasons. Sometimes they had to reschedule. We did not quibble with them on price but made it known that we wanted a match to the workmanship and high quality of this home as constructed. They said they were able to do so but they did not consistently. With final payment after all was done, May 2007, I sent them a two page letter with 16 specific concerns and that if issues arose I expected them to resolve these. They never responded. Here are just a few concerns, some were minor some not so and always they had an answer initially, and quot;that's how we do itand quot; or and quot;it meets code.and quot; 1. The crawl space walls are 6and quot; wide while the architect's plans were drqwn for 8and quot;. They hired the architect and did not follow his recommendation. They said 6and quot; met code. 2. We have 1 1/8and quot; marine grade plywood as the sub flooring in the house and asked that the same be used to meet quality. They said it was not available, they used 3/4and quot; strand board. We have learned that what we wanted to match the other flooring was available. There was a mismatch and 1/2and quot; slope to the addition floor from the original structure, which they smoothed over and fixed after it was pointed out to them. 3. Original roof deck where the addition was joined onto the house was not totally removed. No fire blocks were installed at roof deck to walll structure. 4. Wall exterior sheeting is 3/4and quot; strand board on the addition while the rest of the original house is 7/8and quot; Celotex. 5. No grab bars were installed in the shower as expected. The worker advised that the shower walls were not built to accommodate that. 6. Worker mistakenly cut a hole in the sub floor at the shower edge and patched it with scrap 2x4. When questioned the worker said it would be OK. Some very irritating mess ups toward the end of the job happened when they were anxious to be done and frankly we were wanting them gone. One that particularly exasperated me was they called for carpet to be installed over a filthy dirty sub floor, which even the carpet installer acknowledged he would not lay carpet onto. They sent a worker to clean it up at my insistence and rescheduled the carpet installation. Some of their crew casually had tossed wooden chips, debris, dusty trash into the air ducts and did not cover the ducts adequately while sawing so we had filth all over the house as it blew through. Remember it was winter and we had to use the furnace. My husband who is a normally an easy going guy, a reasonable man became beyond annoyed, disgusted and had many arguments with them. I had to end up being the go between and that is preposterous because I usually have the bad temper. One day they left a dirty rag hanging from inside the bathroom panel access to the shower pipes, again careless work by someone's son. It was almost comical but in the final days we were not laughing. We have heavy thick plaster in the rest of the house and they said that was no longer available, it is. They used something cheaper, it looks good but did not match the quality as we expected. Over all, the addition looks nice. We have been satisfied with the job and visibly from the outside it matches the original house so well that it could not be seen as an addition. It is sad that we did not get the level of craftsmanship we expected and were willing to pay for. Their price seemed very reasonable and they took no progress payments which is the agreement they presented, full payment on completion. The cabinetry is solid oak and that work is good quality. The walk in closet shelving and cabinetry is very solid and good. The crown molding they built and installed in the living room looks great. The walk in shower in the bath is OK but should have had a bit more slope into the drain. I would not want to repeat the experience. We are the customer and expected better service. I know that human beings are imperfect and make mistakes, but how these are recovered tells the true tale. Now October, 2013 we have just discovered that the roof is leaking, slightly we hope,somewhere on the front of the house where the addition was added. I called them Monday 10-21 and was cordially assured they would take care of it and that Davw, the owner would call me. He has not. I called again today, 10-23,. I am still waiting. I really wish I could give them an A rating, because they are local and family owned, but our experience was not overall optimal. It is kind of a stretch to give an over all B, but they were above what might be average and up until now there have not been significant problems. I hope they will take care of the roof issue. I will return with a review about what happens
- COULEE CONSTRUCTIONOur first contact left a great impression. This contractor was extremely professional and prompt, as were all of the people who work for him as well as the subcontractors he used. When first contacted, he returned our call the first day and kept in contact with us throughout the process with timely eMails and call-backs. He made a number of great suggestions that helped us save money while providing a higher quality result. For example, rather than purchase stock cabinets, the contractor suggested using an Amish carpenter to build custom cabinets that saved money and allowed us to build the cabinets to exact measurements rather than just stock sizes. The resulting cabinets were of the highest quality at a lower cost than buying stock cabinets. Demolition was quick and painless. The workers kept the site and surrounding area clean. When we decided to add a flooring change, the contractor helped us find a local company that within a day replaced the flooring so that the project timeline did not suffer. Throughout the process, the contractor was patient with our questions and made sure we understood what the timeline would be and the steps that would be taken as the project progressed. Although other contractors may have charged less, the piece of mind was worth it and we plan to use this company again
House Builders in La Crosse
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a General Contracting Company that enjoys what we do!!!! We believe in Quality not Quantity. Whether you have a small project or a large one, We will treat Your project with the Attention it deserves!!!!Recent Review:Amazing! Daily yard was cleaned of debris, fall off from roof , magnetic nail ****** upper as well. Dave is an outstanding human being! He drove by on a Saturday to check out how I was doing with this roof. Loved it!!!!. I was working on a load of black dirt that I had delivered. Dave actually went to his truck, grabbed a shovel and wheel barrow!!! Seriously!!!! He helped me for 2 hours. Would not even accept money. Overall, I will most definitely, hire him for any general contracting that I need! No problems !Tamaime N.
- Business Description:Oakwood Exteriors LLC was founded on quality customer service and reliable, long term exterior solutions. We specialize in a full range of exterior remodeling services including roof repairs and installation, siding installation, seamless gutters, and replacement windows. Our installers are well trained and experienced to make your home beautiful. From concept to completion, we believe every step in the remodeling process and attention to detail is critical to the final outcome. The end resul..Recent Review:These guys are amazing. HUGE project and they really performed ! Jordan was very attentive and innovative. Always returned calls and was on time. Dream to work with.Christopher Y.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Local general contractor. 1 other employee. May hire subcontractors. Charges by the job. Travel/trip charges may apply.
- Business Description:We are Roger Simota Country Homes serving Trempealeau WI. We offer professional home repair and remodeling services, give us a call for more information!
- Business Description:We are a Minnesota Based company that delivers a product to our customers not just thru completion but past. We are there for our customers. We offer references immediately and encourage our clients to contact this list so they can get to know us. We work with local sub-contractors or those asked to be on the job by our customers. We currently have 6 employees We are licensed in the State of Minnesota, and am insured and bonded. We also qualify in many states for temporary licen..
- Business Description:New home design and construction. Existing home remodeling. Fine Cabinetry. Father and son company will stay on the job until complete.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
Find home builders in
- La Crescent
- West Salem
- Coon Valley
- De Soto
- Spring Grove
home builders in La Crosse
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Allen Construction12904 County 12
- Aarow Asphalt paving4141 Maine ave se
- Absolute Home Services107, South Garrett Ave
- ACB Construction1841 Ridgewood Dr NW
- ALL IN 1 Home ImprovementsW1298 Hillside Ln
- ALLTECH ENGINEERING CORP2515 PILOT KNOB RD
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- AnderMill Homes, LLC611 Brickl Rd Ste A
WEST SALEM, Wisconsin
- ANDERSON CABINETRY & CONSTR606 S MAIN ST
- A Allen Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- IDEAL CONSTRUCTIONS3506 NATWICK RD A
- IDEAL CONSTRUCTION
- ULRICH CONSTRUCTIONW5594 SOUTHDALE DR
La Crosse, Wisconsin
- ULRICH CONSTRUCTION
- Weaver Carpentry LLC220 E Catherine St
- Weaver Carpentry LLC