Mike's Electric

Founded 1959 • With Angi since June 2006

11070 SW Allen Blvd.

Beaverton, OR 97005

For best service please call us directly at (503) 649-6991 - CCB #191094 Troubleshooting, panel upgrades, remodels & additions, lighting, recessed, undercabinet, track, security & low voltage, floor heating, whole house surge protection, generators, A/C & furnace wiring, motion sensors, smoke

01/12/2023

James B.

Mike's Electric wanted to reschedule the install date, but it was sooner than originally planned and when they arrived everything went faster than expected and under the quote. Those were all nice surprises. Rob and Sam H did an excellent job on the install. They had to cut and patch some drywall for access, but it came out great for a garage patch. Matches what the rest of the garage looks like. The install looks like the charger was always supposed to be there. No unnecessary cable conduit running in the garage. They were very courteous, worked quickly, on time, respected our space and were very careful to cover our wood floors where they entering the attic space. They left the areas they worked in better than when they got there. I will definitely use Mike’s Electric the next time I need an electrician and wish more businesses in this day and age ran like them.

Description of Work
After contacting several electricians for an electric vehicle charger install, Mike's Electric stood out from the start. The owner called me to chat about the job and we agreed on what I wanted even if it was not the normal request. He made me feel extremely comfortable in working with them and that they actually took the time to get the details of the job correct. Other companies did not get back to me or sent me a generic canned email with a quote that was in the same ballpark but not detailed enough to make me feel like they bothered to read my submitted job proposal.

10/19/2022

MARYLIN C.

I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment and the minimum payment of $250 was steep. The electrician they sent was very nice and got the job done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
exterior outlet replacement and GFCI replacement in garage

09/26/2022

Melissa M.

Arrived on time, easy to work with, and happy with the results.

Description of Work
Install lights and new outlets

08/03/2022

roddy C.

It was a nice job, they were very helpful.

Description of Work
They hooked up the generator, wire new panel and they add extra plug. They explain to us the whole procedure.

06/09/2022

Janice C.

Amazing service and work. This job was going to take longer then expected but we needed it completed that day. Mike sent over a crew to assist the electrician on site which allowed the completion. I wouldn’t use anyone else for electrical jobs.

Description of Work
Installed 220 electrical service

04/23/2022

Greg P.

Prompt, professional and personable! We needed to reschedule, communication was great.

Description of Work
Fix porch lite, inspect/repair light wiring, advise/remove laundry lamp

Category electrician, lighting

Thanks for your review - glad we were able to help. We'll look forward to hearing from you again in the future!

07/25/2021

Cathryn R.

I've used Mike's three times now, and they have been wonderful. Aaron and Jetano were particularly helpful and courteous. They wired some outside fixtures that had been plugged in with extension cords so that we can turn them on with the main porch fixture. They replaced a number of loose indoor outlets and cleaned up afterwards. The latest job was to install a new outdoor porch fixture that required some modification to the house siding; Jetano took care of it easily.

Description of Work
Install outside light fixtures, indoor outlets.

Category electrician, lighting

06/28/2021

Peter M.

This is the first time we have made use of Mike's Electrical Services... we made our choice here based on what we read about the company on Angi (Angie's list). Everything went well from the beginning to the end and all the work was done like we had requested when we scheduled the appointment. Two Electricians (one was actually an apprentice) arrived on time at our house. Both answered our questions, explained possible issues and gave us other ideas along the way. They were polite and professional. Most of all, they put on their protective Covid-19 gear(mask, etc.) while they worked here! Thank You!!! We were given a list of what was found during the Electrical Inspection and talked about it as well. So all is good ....we will certainly hire Mike's again for our next Electrical Project!

Description of Work
Electrical Inspection (outlets etc.), Replacement of five exterior fixtures, installed new pendant light over kitchen island, added dimmer switch...

Category electrician, home inspection, lighting

Thanks for your review. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and to provide a thorough assessment of issues/concerns found during the inspection. We'll look forward to working with you again in the future!

03/07/2021

Cathryn R.

Very good service. Polite helpful crew. They will get all our future business.

Description of Work
Replace range outlet with dryer outlet. Replace worn out receptacles.

02/06/2021

David J.

The employee arrived on time and was very professional and knowledgeable. After fixing the problem, the employee offered many troubleshooting tips for the future - great info. I will use Mike's again for another project I have in mind. The one hour minimum of $215 was pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting of dead wall plugs

01/21/2021

Larry R.

Needed several areas checked for ground fault protection issues, increased capacity in garage and repair and replacement of several fixtures. Preliminary planning went well with quick response times, They answer the phone quickly (much appreciated!). The technicians arrived as scheduled and job was completed in a timely manner. They consulted me during the work to make sure that it was completed according to my needs. Alex and Josh were friendly and easy to work with. A great experience!

Description of Work
Electrical repairs. Add circuits

01/14/2021

Mary D.

Great! Electrician was early and very professional. He used PPE, booties and a drop cloth.

Description of Work
Replacement of gable fan and thermostat with humidistat & thermostat combo unit

Category electrician

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. We'll look forward to working with you again in the future!

12/06/2020

Steven D.

A bid was placed for 4 hrs of work they only took less than 1 hr and 1/2 there was 2 so i counted for 3 hrs labor when i asked to refund the 4th hr labor they refused and said its final and they would not refund the labor hr. I dont know about you but if your going to overbid a job you should at least be willing to make good on it. I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN DUE TO THERE DISHONASTY AND UNWILLINNESS TO REFUND THE OVER CHARGE

Description of Work
A 240 volt outlet in a garage for a compressor

Category electrician

As explained in great detail to this customer at the time of our walk through, work was to be performed on a fixed cost basis which was also confirmed by the contract, and state-mandated notices accepted, by him, prior to beginning work. Further, he only considers labor time spent at his home. Our bid also includes travel time to get our crew to his house (15 miles away), which he ignores. Finally, we might well have been more willing to make an adjustment if he hadn't been rude and abrasive when he called our office. We like to think of ourselves as fair-minded and flexible but this customer was not.

11/13/2020

Dan S.

Mike's people arrived promptly, worked hard for hours getting everything done, and did a fantastic job on all the services they worked on. All 7 ceiling fans, the timer switch and smart thermostat they installed all work perfectly and look great! Will absolutely call them first when we need any electrical work done!

Description of Work
Install 7 ceiling fans with lights, replace thermostat, add timer switch for front porch lights.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We'll look forward to hearing from you again when you have electrical needs.

08/10/2020

Michael L.

Excellent. The install went exactly according to plan. The bid I received from Mike’s Electric significantly beat all other bids. I highly recommend Mike’s Electric for your electrical needs.

Description of Work
Electric car charging station install

07/13/2020

Stacey R.

This is my second experience with Mike's Electric. I went back to them a second time because I was happy with the first experience. Would use them again. I had a Tesla level 2 charger installed in my garage adjacent to the breaker panel. The installer saw some challenges with my particular situation and presented options, and gave some good tradeoff information about each to help me make the choice that would make me happiest. They were professional, on-time and courteous. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Car Charger Install

05/15/2020

annette R.

Two electricians came during scheduled two hour window. Professional, neat and fast. I called on a Friday afternoon and they couldn't come until Tuesday (which I thought was very quick for a small problem). I appreciated that the scheduler advised me to call PGE prior to appointment so we could eliminate a partial power loss to our house prior to the electrician visit. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Needed new circuit breaker

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that everything came out satisfactorily and we'll look forward to hearing from you next time you need help with an electrical project.

04/20/2020

john J.

Did a great job and was sensitive to covid 19 protection mask and gloves requests. Explained what the problems were clearly and the solution. Definitely would use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Analyzed a couple of lines and repaired improperly installed GFI outlets.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review. We are taking our responsibility to ensuring safety very seriously. Have a great day.

04/10/2020

Katherine B.

Mike's Electric did a great job of replacing the smoke detectors in 2 of my condos. The electrician was very prompt and polite, easy to communicate with, did an excellent job, for good pricing. Would definitely hire them again for other electrical work.

Description of Work
Replace smoke detectors

Category electrician

Thank you for your very kind review. We also enjoyed working with you! Have a nice day.

03/06/2020

Benjamin M.

I contracted Mike’s Electric to replace my 1958 Wadsworth electrical panel with a modern load center. From estimating, to scheduling, to the work being performed I was very satisfied. The electricians that performed the work were on-time, professional, and did a great job. The installation of the new load center was neat and tidy. The work looks very professional. They took the time to create an as accurate as possible list of what the breakers control.

Description of Work
Electrical panel replacement

02/04/2020

roddy C.

It was really good, they did more than we really have to.

Description of Work
They put in a new electrical panel.

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! Have a nice day. Regards, Amanda Barrera

12/24/2019

Shannon M.

An electrician from Mike’s electric came to my home to replace a flooring thermostat. The electrician was here less than 15 minutes after saying he would not replace the thermostat because he felt the wiring required conduit. Note: This flooring thermostat was installed as part of a permitted kitchen remodel from a high-end contractor which cost more than $150,000. The following day another electrician came out and replaced the thermostat without problem or issue and charged less than the $204 fee that Mike’s electric charged to do nothing. I called and spoke to the billing person today and explained the situation. She said that $204 was the service charge, regardless of outcome. I said I would be willing to pay $50 as a service fee for this 15 minute no-service whatsoever call. If this is the customer service one would expect from Mike’s electric I would caution anyone, regardless of how dire their circumstance or how severe they are electrical needs, to never, ever, ever use this company.

Description of Work
$204 billed for ZERO work done

Category electrician

During the requested work, our electrician found multiple areas of “not-to-code” wiring involved. He took multiple pictures of the problem area, which we still have, and forwarded them via text to our company’[Member Information Removed] supervising electrician. The supervising electrician concurred with the on-site electrician’[Member Information Removed] assessment, confirming that the improper wiring would have to be properly protected in order to comply with Oregon electrical code. This was communicated to the homeowner and she declined the required repairs. There are very stringent code requirements surrounding electrical work. Our position isn’t an arbitrary one. To not observe such codes, as she requested us to do, puts our business and her home at risk. It’[Member Information Removed] good to know that she found someone to complete the repairs within her budget, hopefully with the proper corrections and Oregon electrical permit, also required by code.

12/17/2019

Sharon L.

One star because it cannot go lower. They use predatory pricing to gouge after bidding low. The initial bid for setting up a dedicated circuit for my microwave was $5-600 with 4 hours of work. The job completed in 2.5 hours. Nearly half the time they estimated. Yet the bill came in over $800. When i asked for an explanation, they claimed that electricians are billing at $150/hour. Be aware that the average for an electrician's hourly is $45/hour and that SURGEONS make $180/hour. When i called them to escalate the issue they continually feigned that i was being loud (i was not) and hung up on me. I then stated i would see them in small claims and they said OK. you WILL be over billed.

Description of Work
Dedicated circuit for microwave

Category electrician

We provided this customer a quote, which he accepted, prior to beginning work. During the work, our electrician found blocking inside an interior wall, which made wiring installation much more difficult than expected. Customer was advised by our electrician that additional labor would be needed to complete the installation of a new circuit. He authorized completing the work knowing this. After he received his invoice he called twice, being verbally abusive both times and immediately threatening legal action because of the difference ($150) between what he was originally quoted and then invoiced. He did not disclose in either of those conversations that he was aware of the additional labor as advised by our electrician. To clarify, we had 5 manhours into this project, not the 2.5 hours claimed by customer (which was about an hour longer than we had expected, due to the blocking inside of the wall). Nonetheless, we made a courtesy discount and he promptly paid the balance of his invoice - which we appreciate.

10/08/2019

Jamel T.

Great team, work well and quickly done. Electricians went the extra mile to help us with a none related issue. Thank you!

Description of Work
Install a sense device

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your business!

08/09/2019

Elizabeth T.

Both fans rattled after install. Mike's Electric not only did poor work but also employed abusive billing practices. They double billed for journeyman and apprentice without informing me. They also failed to provide an estimate despite my request. They also charged an additional $350 to come back out to address the noise issue, despite assurances that there would be no charge. This company is dishonest and disreputable

Description of Work
Two ceiling fans installed

Category electrician

Completely fabricated. Owner attempted to fix fans herself and damaged them. We told her we would come back and repair at no charge if the problem was related to our work. It wasn't. On top of that, she requested we falsify our invoice so that she could recover the cost of the fans from the manufacturer. Much of this has been documented in an email thread with her. We'll post many more details on Monday.

Western Paver Design LLC

Call us directly at 503-534-3517. Western paver design & construction (WPD) is Premier General Contractor in the NW. WPD Installs paver patio's, decks, cedar, and Trex/composite, retaining walls, fire pits, pergola's, fences, paver pathways, outdoor lighting, concrete work , paver driveways, demo work and much more. Enlarge your current patio with beautiful pavers. Many colors, patterns and size options available! Contact us to schedule a free estimate and have one of our design Professionals help you design an amazing outdoor living space! 20 years experience. WPD’s mission is to create amazing outdoor living spaces for our clients. WPD strives for highest quality work and we stand behind each and every project! We have many options to show our clients how to make any project really stand out! WPD can completely demo any project & re-build an enjoyable outdoor space. Full catalog available. Please contact us for a free site inspection and estimate. You can also email us at info@westernpaverdesign.com Accepting $8,500 as minimum of project size

Summit Landscape LLC

Summit Landscape is a full service residential and commercial design build landscape company. With over 20 years in business, we strive to provide the highest standard of landscape installation. Specializing in complete design and build projects including hardscaping, irrigation, synthetic turf, landscape lighting, etc...

Offers Coupon

ALLIANCE Landscape

With several years of experience, Gerardo Moreno keeps working hard to maintain it's great reputation by providing the best customer service and quality available. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business.

191094
    Oregon
    CCB
    06/24/2022
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Commercial & Residential Electric Services - GFCI Installations, Circuit Troubleshooting & Repair, Interior & Exterior Lighting Repair, Ceiling Fan Repair & Replacement, Electric Heater Repairs, Switch & Outlet Replacements & Additions, Panel Troubleshooting, Repair & Clean Up, Landscape Water Features, Outdoor Lighting, & Panel Grounding.lansca