Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Staunton, VA
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Staunton
- Paul Robbins Woodworking CoThis is an added review for Paul Robbins Woodworking because we hired him to do a much more extensive (and expensive) job following our previous review, that of remodeling our kitchen. Mr. Robbin's work continues to impress us. He is careful, professional, thorough and sticks to the schedule. He is able to bring help in when needed to provide complete service. If he did not hire the help or subcontractor himself, he made excellent recommendations of providers or sources. He is well organized and was able to guide us in scheduling materials. We provided the kitchen design and sourced most of the materials to save money and Paul worked with our plan and materials. He was able to put new cabinetry and appliances into a 60 year old house, making them level and plum. Because of his woodworking experience, he was able to finish trims, spacers, and floor transitions that looked fitted and appropriate to the old and new parts of the house. I would recommend this contractor to anyone who is renovating or remodeling any room in the house
- Peter Capiro - The HandymanWe've had Peter working for us since 2007. This latest job was excellent, as usual. He returned our initial call about a damaged garage door promptly. Came out to view the work within a week. Gave 3 options and prices for the garage door work. Worked in stages (had to wait for the replacement motor). He calls or emails ahead to schedule a work day, and to ensure we moved our cars out of the way. He is affable, easy to discuss the issue, good with explanations, not arrogant. He cleans up after the project. He shows up when he says he will. His prices are really reasonable for the work that he does. He can be trusted on his own, and he is excellent with our pets. Since 2007, Peter has performed numerous projects, small and large, for us. Examples: install new ceiling fan light, fix dripping faucets, clean gutters, fix water damage on exterior wood, house painting, take down a backyard brick barbeque pit, install backyard motion light with post, sharpen riding mower blades, re-screen porch, caulk shower, restring a roman shade, weatherstrip doors, fix screen door closer, remove stump in flower bed
- Paul Robbins Woodworking CoThe job went well. There was more work that expected but Mr. Robbins was able to deal with the changes with his customary care and he finished in a timely way. Mr. Robbin's does good quality work - he is careful, accurate and finishes the job as contracted. He is responsive, he showed up when he said he would and has a professional manner. His estimates of time and cost are accurate
Contractors in Staunton
- Business Description:Paramount Builders is the East Coast’s premier home improvement replacement products company. We are proud to be “Improving our Community, One Home at a Time”. As a company, our goal is to establish the highest standard of excellence and integrity for our industry in our market and beyond. The cornerstone of our excellence is our products. We use only the absolute finest materials made. At Paramount Builders we are not just selling windows, siding, roofing and doors. We are selling our famil..Recent Review:Paramount couldn't get the bill to us in a timely fashion. I called them and they would only speak to my husband - even though we both filled out the paper work and met with them as a couple. Do they understand it is 2020? What a chauvinistic company. My female money will spend elsewhere. Their work is overshadowed by their crappy customer service. HorribleEvalynn M.
- Business Description:Began business in 1999, licensed, insured and bonded; an experienced, skilled team plus pre-qualified vendors and sub-contractors. Deposits are required depending on the scope of work, with full payment required in full at the completion of the projectRecent Review:It is with deep sadness that I have to write this review. Nancy was a very likeable person. The first day when the two ladies came to the storage unit, they were on time. I had this idea in my head that we would start on one side of the unit and continue around the unit. The unit was not completely filled and I had two aisles. Instead, they went to the left side, then to the right side, then to the middle. While one lady helped me inside the unit, the other was outside doing the inventory. We eventually stuck to one side and went through the boxes. It started to rain and we had to put everything back in the unit including the trash. Their truck was completely loaded with boxes so there was no room to take trash away the first day. The second day they came to my house to pick up things I had there. Everything went well, as well as going back to the storage unit to finish up where we left off. I was told by Nancy that anything I wanted to keep would be re-wrapped and put in a new box. When I ask one of the ladies about this, she said no. I only had two boxes left after the clean-out that I would have liked to had re-wrapped and placed in new boxes. The same lady did wrap some pictures I had and placed them in a box, but the box was too small and the top could not be closed. She did leave me a few boxes and wrapping paper before she left. The third day all the items were picked up for auction, for charity and for trash. That went well. My items were sold at auction in August and I received my check in October. When I saw the inventory list and what the items were sold for, I was disappointed. Some things sold for more than I thought and others sold for much less. I called the auction company to inquire about items that were not listed and he told me that the things not listed were in the box lots, which there were seven. This included Redskins, NASCAR, and Star Trek memorabilia, which were sold between $5-15 for each box. Then I realized I had three oil paintings (29 x 40 with frames) and a large mirror for a dresser that were not mentioned. I called the auction company back to ask them about this. The man I spoke to was not helpful at all. I called Nancy on 10/28/2020 and she said she was going out there and would check with them and call me back. When I did not hear from her the next day, I called her. And I have been calling her daily since. I call her number and leave messages, I called her answering service, and I went to her website to send a message and nothing. I paid Nancy over $1,000 to clean out the storage and dispose of the items and cleared just under $700 from the auction. My recommendation to you is just call a charity to pick up your items and take the tax deductionDeborah D.
- Business Description:Corbett's Custom Carpentry was recently established in 2007. Owner Mike Corbett has over 25 years of experience in the construction & remodeling business. He has a knowledge of most all new products available for your next project. We will work with you to determine the right products and designs for your next project. When contacting us you can be assured of a fair quote and a timely response on the work we will be performingRecent Review:I found this contractor to be frustratingly unresponsive to multiple phone message and to requests for an estimate sent via the Angies List website. I have since moved on to another company that returned my call promptly. Perhaps this is a dated listing for someone who is no longer in business. In any case, I had no luck getting in contact with himDouglas P.
- Business Description:Maintenance Tech. Services is reliable and honest company with competitive prices without the service fees. Locally owned business with over 20 years of experience in all of your home repair needs. LICENSED AND INSURED!Recent Review:AMAZING. Jeff and his crew respond on the same day, and are honest and fair. I'm a single mom who needs to be able to trust the people I have working in my house to be honest and reliable.Nicole C.
- Business Description:Design Concepts, Inc. is a Class-A Contractor specializing in log home construction & repair. We are a Preferred Builder with Southland Log Homes and have also built log homes with other suppliers. We are also quite experienced in remodeling and restoration. Included in our experience is water and fire restoration. We have won the Southern Bulders Chrysalis remodeling award with every entry submittedRecent Review:This company ONLY offers a "time and materials + 10%" contract. You will receive a quote for FAR LESS than you'll ultimately be billed because it's a guarantee the job will be (1) dragged out for many more days than it should normally have taken and (2) there will most likely be other "unknown problems" discovered during the work which will significantly increase the cost. For example, my job was estimated to be about $4,000 but for adding three posts, came to more than $10,000! Also, by law, I was entitled to receive records of the invoices for materials and labor hours but the company refused. Bottom line: NEVER SIGN THIS TYPE OF CONTRACT ALWAYS GET A FIRM PRICE! You've been warnedJane M.
- Business Description:We are a small locally owned company that has been in business for over 12 years. We specialize in older home siding, windows, doors, and decks. We are vary versatile when it comes to the exterior of your home or business
- Business Description:discounts montly-will sub contract electrical and plumbing
- Business Description:Job Masters is a sole proprietor with two employees. Jay has 30+ years of plumbing experience, Christy has 19 years of mechanical contracting experience as a business owner. We required 50% of estimate to be paid up front and the remainder upon completion of the project. We except cash and check
- Business Description:Dzinbild is a full service General Construction Company owned by Gene C. Layne, Jr., CCM, an experienced certified construction manager who has managed over $500 million dollars of quality design and construction for the past 30 years
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Mount Sidney
- Stuarts Draft
- Weyers Cave
- Mount Crawford
- Port Republic
- Steeles Tavern
- Penn Laird
- Rawley Springs
general contractors in Staunton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Addison Building and Remodeling238 Fairview Rd
- Addison Building and Remodeling
- Brian W Alexander Home Maintenance and Repair47 W 18th St
Front Royal, Virginia
- Brian W Alexander Home Maintenance and Repair
- GPR Handyman Service2908 Jasmine St.
- GPR Handyman Service
- Integrity Custom Builders LLC1866-C East Market Street PMB 303
- Integrity Custom Builders LLC
- James A TrowPO Box 152
- Jeff's Welding & Contracting Inc.3337 Impression Ct.
- Jerry's Roofing & Home Projects4430 Scenic HWY
Mt Solon, Virginia
- JMS Contracting1381 Ullainee Rd
- Job Masters9658 Coal Run Road
- John Albert Furniture249 Albert Farm Rd.
- Johnny Werks1651 Mallory Rd
- James A Trow
- One Day At A Time41 Corey Hill Lane
- One Day At A Time
- Paramount Builders Inc12940 Plaza Dr
- Paul Robbins Woodworking Co181 Offliter Rd
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
- Peter Capiro - The Handyman47 S River Rd.
- Prime Fence & Ag Service2396 Breckenridge Ct.
- Prophet Painting8018 Hankins Industrial Park B-5
- Paramount Builders Inc
- R Parker Construction Company LLC2964 Cherokee Tr
- R Parker Construction Company LLC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- shipwright servicesPO Box 41
- sidingpros home Improvementspo box 591
- Stefan Home Service5901 Sheraton Cir.
- Strange Construction39 Waldrop Rd
- Stump & Sons Construction2103 Jeremy Creek Rd
- superior design1091 longview lane
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Tom Lane Contracting Inc15287 Diascund View Trl
- Tom Lane Contracting Inc
- Vailes Bros Inc-Remodel2247 Jefferson Hwy
- Vailes Bros Inc-Remodel
- Yukon Construction1021 E Main St Lot 24
- Yukon Construction