Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Henrico, VA
There are 4 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Henrico
- Western Septic and Vacuum ServicesThe service is excellent. They were on time. They did a good job. They answer real quick every time I ask questions.
- Triangle Plumbing ServicesCouldn't be happier with Thomas's work. We gave him quite the challenge but he didn't give up til the issue was fixed. He was polite, fair, knowledgeable and so hardworking. Would definitely call him again.
- C & W Hanover SepticFrom the time I called, I knew I was in good hands. They pumped my tank and explained what repairs I needed. The employees are all excellent and professional. I highly recommend C & W. THANK YOU
- SOS SEPTIC OR SEWERIt when well ,and I particularly paid attention to the resealing method they used after opening the lid so the fumes would not percolate up through the soil and into the yard.
- The Septic DoctorWe called 4 companies, and Septic Doctor responded quickly- a courteous lady answered the call. They came out the next day and successfully pumped the tank. We then asked for an estimate to repair the broken pipe which was attached to the pump ( which was only 3 years old). We sent a picture to the repair group, and an estimate was promptly given. The pipe was repaired two days later which was a Monday. It works well, no problems, and fairly priced. Courteous, professional, and prompt- We wished we could have hired them 3 yrs ago when our pump broke down. We will do business with them again
- EZ SEPTIC SERVICES INCCalled on Mon morning and requested service for Tuesday. They were prompt and did a great job! Would ABSOLUTELY hire them again!
- C & W Hanover SepticJust wanted to say that this company is AWESOME!!! Trudy was my first call and Susan was my second.. These two woman are great. I thought I had a septic tank in my yard so when the nice young man came to my home he could't find the tank. Come to find out that we pay Chesterfield Water and Sewage so a plumber has to service our sewage problem. Trudy was so kind to call Chesterfield County to be sure if we are serviced by the County and Trudy called me to confirm that the county are to come and service our plumbing problem. This company is very professional, kind, prompt and they care about their customer's, even though we do not have a septic tank they treated me like I was one of their clients. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND C & W HANOVER SEPTIC they are very qualified and a CARING COMPANY!!! "AWESOME" We had to pay a service fee which I didn't mind it was worth it because we had to use a plumber which the young man had determined for me.. GREAT COMPANY AND EMPLOYEE'S!!!! Sorry I failed to get the young mans name when he arrived but he was great!!
- C & W Hanover SepticI highly recommend C & W Hanover Septic. My septic tank was heading to overflow because the pump was not working. I called another septic company first that was recommended to me but never received a call back. I then called C & W and spoke to Trudy who asked me a bunch of questions - none of which I really knew as I had never had a septic system before. She was very patient with me and immediately set up an appointment to have Cole pump out my system. He came (on time) and did a very through job. Since we weren't sure of the issue, Cole inspected the pump to see if it was maybe a minor issue. I appreciated his effort to try to save me some money by checking for an alternative issue other than immediately recommending for me buy a new pump. As it turned out I needed the new pump. He got with Trudy to have Billy, the installer, come out and set up the new pump to be done on the same day. All those who worked with me - Trudy, Cole, and Billy - were very professional and provided me with excellent service. As I did not know much about septic systems, they answered all of my many questions. I will definitely use them from now on and I highly recommend them
- Old Dominion Septic & RooterThese people are super nice to work with. They do very good work. Very neat. My only bump in dealing with them was that they are kind of hard to get on the phone to talk to directly. I had to leave a lot of messages. Other than that, I would recommend them and will call them again should I need service
- C & W Hanover SepticThey showed up on time (in the rain) and performed all the work quickly, getting my septic back online.
Last update on September 7, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Henrico, VA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- Highland Springs,
- Bon Air,
- Colonial Heights,
- Providence Forge,
- Glen Allen,
- New Kent,
- Fort Lee,
- King William,
- Charles City,
- Prince George,
Septic Tank Contractors in Henrico, VA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Guirkin Plumbing & Heating8447 Glazebrook Ave
Henrico, Virginia 23228
- Guirkin Plumbing & Heating
- A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Water Heaters516 S Military Hwy
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464
- A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Water Heaters
- BROCKWELL'S SEPTIC AND SERVICE, INCPO Box 647
Quinton, Virginia 23141
- BROCKWELL'S SEPTIC AND SERVICE, INC
- C & W Hanover SepticPO Box 727
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111
- C & W Hanover Septic
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC1629 Log Cabin Rd
Beaverdam, Virginia 23015
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC
- Hawthorne's Plumbing IncPO Box 490
Rockville, Virginia 23146
- Hawthorne's Plumbing Inc
- Old Dominion Septic & Rooter7825 Midlothian Tpke 116
Richmond, Virginia 23235
- Old Dominion Septic & Rooter
- Underground Services First2906 Chamberlayne Ave
Richmond, Virginia 23222
- Underground Services First
- Windle Co. Inc14138 Clazemont Rd
Montpelier, Virginia 23192
- Windle Co. Inc
Septic tank companies that service Henrico
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.