Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Franklin, VA
There are 6 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Franklin
- NoVA BuildersNova did an incredible job framing, drywall, floor leveling and installation, tile work, sound proof insulation, and drop ceiling for my unfinished basement. Isaac was present for all inspections and was very easy to communicate with. Very happy with the work that was done.
- 4 Service ProsWith recent heavy rains, I had some water pooling in one corner of the basement. Mr Justiniano from 4 Service Pros came to the house and immediately observed that my yard was sloping toward the house and had a pronounced low spot. He investigated the basement thoroughly and advised that I did not need his services at plumber rates but rather needed a landscaper who could install a French drain, a collection basin, a drain buried pipe and landscaping to redirect water away from the house particularly away from one corner. He said water in the basement problems are generally caused by settling and landscaping problems. Mr. Justiniano's opinion was confirmed by a couple of other pros although a few tried to sell me on the idea of an $8,000 - $9,000 sump pump and other expensive work. Call 4 Service Pros, I think they will do you good
- Bay Crawlspace & Foundation RepairExcellent team and excellent service. David H. gave us the initial quote, providing several options. Mike W., Austin and Travis worked quickly and efficiently. Vinny performed the electrical portion. I would highly recommend them. Feel free to call me if you have questions. 804-334-1727.
- NV Waterproofing & Foundation RepairOverall they were great. The only thing I am disappointed with is that it was not clear that they would not be putting the drywall and insulation back, but I can't knock them for that when I should have confirmed beforehand. Other than that, everything else was great. The workers were great and they did great work
- JES Foundation RepairThe JES crew were efficient, flexible and professional. Would absolutely recommend. Shout out to Calvin and his crew: Andrew, Trevon, Joseph, Mike and Aaron! Thanks for the great work. What a relief!
- Bay Crawlspace & Foundation RepairBay Crawlspace and Foundation Repair did an amazing crawl space encapsulation job at my house. I’ve been planning to combat the moisture problem in the crawlspace for the last three years. I obtained 6 bids and a lot of diverse recommendations on the best approach that should be used in solving the problem. After counseling with James City County and a structural engineer, I decided to go with Bay Crawlspace because their approach closely aligned with the independent advice I received. Additionally, they also offered financing options that helped us manage the monthly expense budget. They worked with the County on obtaining work permits, came in completed the work within the timeframe they promised and left the area clean of all debris. Since the install last year, I have had the pleasure of meeting their Field Manager Seth Lilienthal who performed the annual preventative maintenance. He checked the entire system, cleaned filters and changed batteries out to ensure that the system continued to run effectively and efficiently. In summary, as a homeowner, I’ve learned that you get what your pay for. The cheapest vendor may actually be the worst. Bay Crawlspace and Foundation Repair is the company I would highly recommend for crawl space encapsulation. Their team of professionals is very knowledgeable and focused on delivering exceptional customer service
- JES Foundation RepairTeam was very professional and work was completed in a timely manner. Team also cleaned the area that they repaired!
- Bay Crawlspace & Foundation RepairSeth Lilienthal called one hour in advance of his arrival to let me know he was on his way. Upon arriving he explained he would make sure entire area was sealed, dehumidifier and condensate pump were working properly, clean dehumidifier filter, change batteries in sensors and check humidity. Once finished, he informed me everything looked great and the humidity was 48%. Bay encapsulated my crawlspace in 2018 to correct excessive moisture conditions. Since that time humidity levels are consistently 50%or less. Great job by Bay Crawlspace
- S&S Waterproofing And Foundation RepairWe were very pleased with the foundation waterproofing work done for us by S&S Waterproofing. They were responsive to our calls, patient with our questions, and prompt with their service. The crew worked hard and efficiently. It was a big job, and required a lot of digging. They managed the work site well, and at the end of the project, they cleaned everything up nicely, replanted the bushes we wanted to have replanted, sowed grass, and spread down appropriate quantities of straw. We recommend them highly
- Bay Crawlspace & Foundation RepairBeau did a great job outlining all of our options and helped us settle on what we needed by answering all of our questions. Matt, James, and Seth did a great job encapsulating our crawlspace. All were very professional. There were a few items left to do after the initial installation and they had someone out to create a punch list just like they said they would. We appreciated having this additional individual come and check the work after it was completed. Definitely a trustworthy company. One thing to note is to check with your termite warranty company before you make plans to encapsulate as they may not extend their warranty. We didn't know this until after the install and I wish we were told before. There are companies out there that will give you a warranty but it costs an extra $1k plus because they require doing a termite treatment. Encapsulation was a pricey expense for us and cost was a concern so the heads up on this would have been nice
Basement Waterproofers in Franklin
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:Very good. The work was scheduled and the worker showed up when he said he would and the work was completed very quickly.Linda G.
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:JES came on time and finished when they said they would. Their employees were courteous and worked diligently.Bill P.
- Business Description:Virginia Foundation Solutions is an award winning, veteran owned, Class A Contractor servicing homeowners in the Greater Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Our specialties include Foundation Repair, Crawl Space Repair, Structural Repair, Crawl Space Encapsulation, and Waterproofing. Our purpose is to redefine our industry by proving that a contractor can create a remarkable experience for our customers. This belief system has served us well- in 2019 we received the Better Business Bureau's Torc..Recent Review:They did a wonderful job and give us a big discount, very professional and highly I recommend them.Cynthia B.
- Business Description:For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing and crawlspace encapsulation solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect and communication. This comes across in..
- Business Description:We are family owned & operated. We provide custom painting for the interior and exterior of your home and your drywall needs as well as General remodeling projects. We specialize in providing exceptional customer service and have over 19 years experience. No subs are used. No job is too big or too small for us to handle. We are licence to work in Washington and Maryland From the Washington Dc Home Improvement licensing department Thank you it will be a pleasure to services you In your home Im..Recent Review:Great! We knew there was some rotted wood, but found more as the project progressed, and although we thought we wanted the downspout painted white, once we saw it we realized it should have been painted to match the brick. The additional cost to replace the rotted wood (with pvc) was fair and the painters didn't grumble when I asked them to repaint the downspout - which required a 60 foot ladder! The painters checked all the window to make sure they would open and replaced the screens. The project took 3 weeks to complete and would have been finished sooner except for a few rain days. The clean up was good. I would definitely use Mr. Mendez again and recommend him without reservationAlan W.
- Business Description:Since 2008, we have been specializing in plumbing, water heaters, drain cleaning services. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Needed our main line to the septic tank unclogged on a Sunday afternoon. Tim was there at his estimated time and got the job done. Could not ask for better service. Would definitely use his services again.ray h.
- Business Description:TO SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE PLEASE CALL: 804-798-7880.Residential and commercial foundation repair and new foundations. If you have cracked exterior brickwork then you have foundation settlement. We use the patented a b chance helical underpinning system. Adding on, or building a new house then utilize our deep foundation helical piles to support your new structure. If your chimney is moving away from your house then we can fix it. Basement wall cracking then give us a call. free estimates. l..Recent Review:I never heard from them. Please let me know if this is a mistake.Meg H.
- Business Description:All of our technicians are certified applicators, meaning we have more experience and knowledge than most of our competitors. We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards, as well as offer financing options on our services. We offer 10% off initial pest or termite service to Angie's List CustomersRecent Review:It was excellent and they were very professional.Barbara H.
- Business Description:We are a full service basement, crawl space and foundation repair contractor. Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau we have repaired over 40,000 homes and structures in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina over the past 40 years. We are fully insured and licensed. Angie's List members receive a free consultation and inspection. We have worked in all types of locations, including residential and commercial locations, government agencies, colleges, hospitals, churches, and co..Recent Review:Appointment made, no one showed up. Called to inquire about the missed appointment with no return call.Paige G.
- Business Description:Virginia's Most Trusted Foundation and Waterproofing Family Business. Over a quarter of a century of trust and reliability. Financing is Available, or 3% active duty military discount or $200 off a $1,500 or more job , or $500 off a $3,000 or more job. We are a family owned locally operated Foundation and Waterproofing Repair Business. We are Hampton Roads' Wavy 10 Expert on Your Side, and HR Pro2Go. We offer the best in industry warranties on our products. We have an A+ rating with the BBB f..Recent Review:They said I had a moisture problem on my crawlspace, They gave me an estimate which was costly so I decided to do it on a later date. The Engineer from AMC911 misdiagnosed the whole problem, it was not a moisture problem, it was actually a leaking sewage pipe from the crawlspace and it was not a moisture coming from the outside. It actually cost me over $10,000 for the repairs because of the misdiagnosis. I didn't know that it was that urgent and I hold it offCynthia B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Stony Creek
waterproofing contractors in Franklin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
- '58 Foundations
- Accel Pest & Termite Control1236 Jensen Dr
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- all dry property restoration and waterproofing60 Earls Road
Middle River, Maryland
- AMC911 Foundation & Waterproofing Repair Systems5552 Raby Road
- ANDREWS GRADING & EXCAVATING LLC735 MEGEATH FARM LN
Front Royal, Virginia
- Accel Pest & Termite Control
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC68 Edmonds Rd
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC
- Chamberlin-Washington Inc.6482 Sligo Mill Rd
Takoma Park, Maryland
- COMMONWEALTH EXTERMINATORS2070 Lawrenceville Plank Rd
- CREATIVE CONSERVATION10992 RICHARDSON RD
- Custom Stone & Tile LLC.384 Clubhouse Dr
- Cut-Right Construction LLC106 Hidden Lane
- Chamberlin-Washington Inc.
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Impact Homes of Virginia Impact Home Improvements10307 West Broad Street
- Impact Homes of Virginia Impact Home Improvements
- Quality Concrete & Masonry1705 CHILLY HOLLOW RD
- Quality Concrete & Masonry
- RICHARD'S705 W Pembroke Ave