BAY Crawl Space & Foundation Repair

Founded 2015 • With Angi since June 2015

The most trusted experts for crawl space repair and foundation repair in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, Yorktown, Moyock, Currituck, and Elizabeth City. We offer expert crawl space repair solutions including structural repair, encapsulation, vapor barriers,

2022 Super Service Award

foundation repair (162)insulation (52)drain pipe installation (39)masonry (27)mold removal (17)home inspection (11)basement waterproofing (143)flooring (39)mudjacking (11)well & water pump repair (7)drain cleaning (4)

11/28/2022

Douglas K.

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about this company. They did a superb job with our crawlspace encapsulation and their workmanship was even complimented by the city inspector during the final inspection. The employees were courteous and prompt; specifically James, Art, Rad, and Chris A. We would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulation

11/22/2022

Thomas G.

The team was amazing! Courteous, efficient and very honest. This is the best contracting company I have worked with since I moved there 5 years ago!!!

Description of Work
Remediation of humidity and mold. Craw space encapsulation

11/16/2022

Larry L.

Matt and Dayle were very thorough. They explained what they were doing and took the time to ensure that the crawlspace work they were performing was done correctly to ensure that my floor was level and sound. Great work from a great team Bay Crawlspace is definitely recommended by me for your crawlspace needs

Description of Work
Adjust leveling jacks in crawlspace

11/07/2022

Warren W.

Matt & Sam called first about showing up EARLY, which was fine by me! They were very polite, efficient, and quickly got things done. Everything was explained and written copies given to me. A pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Not sure "Home Inspection" is an appropriate category, but they encapsulated the crawlspace 2 years ago, and this was the second annual inspection and filter change.

Category home inspection

11/02/2022

Maurice T.

Even after several years of my choosing Bay Crawl Space to install my crawl space encapsulation, I would definitely recommend this company. First, my encapsulation system is continuing to work just fine and their team of professionals continue to treat me like I'm a brand new customer who they are trying to impress! (Unlike my experience with companies who get my money and then I can barely get them to call me back!) During my recent annual maintenance service, the team, Elgin and Art, were on time, thorough, and extremely professional. When I reached out to make an appointment for this service, the office staff, Katie, was super friendly and attentive.

Description of Work
crawl space encapsulation

Work Completed On 11/01/2022

10/31/2022

Doris F.

Matt & Payne did a great job!! on the encapsulation maintenance! They called to give us heads up on coming to the home. They showed up early and took care of the job. We were very impressed with the work done . Thank you so much!!

Description of Work
Yearly Maintenance of the encapsulation of my Crawlspace.Matt & Payne did a Great job with the Yearly Maintenance of the encapsulation of the Crawl space! They were on time & went straight to work to take care of this job. Very impressive!

10/28/2022

Patrick C.

We used Bay to encapsulate our crawl space a few years ago. We were extremely pleased with the installation and annual maintenance checks! They recently did our most recent annual check and Matt represented what we like about Bay – on-time, thorough and professional! We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulation and annual service

Category home inspection, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/27/2022

10/27/2022

Lacey H.

Coming to terms that foundation work is necessary for your home is not an easy one; however, I am so satisfied with my business with Bay Crawl Space. Overall I had several estimates completed. Through this process, I felt very confident in how to move forward after my initial consultation with Lenny. Out of all the companies that came to my home, this was the only one that took and provided me with pictures to explain where my issues were. This was so helpful considering others didn’t do anything similar. Once my project began, the crew Adian, Jermaine, Floyd, and Elgin were very professional, respectful of my property, and overall did an amazing job. The production manager, Rob, was also very kind and was available to me if I had any questions. I don’t wish foundation issues on any homeowner but if you need this service, I highly recommended this company.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair and Sump Pump Installation

Category flooring contractor, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/27/2022

10/20/2022

Kelly D.

Description of Work
Foundation Adjustment

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

10/19/2022

Ken R.

Fred and Scotty reviewed the issues I was having, and Fred drafted the proposal. Their installation team (Mike, Marquay, Darrick, Ashaun, Art, and Deleon) did a great job, always busy and polite, answering any questions I had as the job progressed. Mike, as the team lead, kept me informed of their coming and going and the status of the job. I am very satisfied with the results, and know I picked the right proposal.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

10/13/2022

Tyler B.

Today Bay Crawl Space completed our annual crawlspace inspection. The technicians arrived within the appointed time window and provided an advance call. Upon arrival, they answered our questions and proceeded to assess overall crawlspace conditions. The dehumidifier was checked for continued proper operation and its air filter was replaced. The wireless hygrometer batteries were also replaced, and it was reset and reconnected. New HVAC units had been installed since the last annual inspection, and Tucker astutely located cold air coming through the two related wall penetrations. He filled them with an expandable foam to prevent further air infiltration and close them to potential access by insects and small rodents. Josh and Tucker noted that the condition of the wood was sound and that the crawlspace conditions were as expected. Their service was diligent, professional, and courteous.

Description of Work
Annual Inspection

Category home inspection

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

10/13/2022

Dennis T.

The company did a great job installing the system a couple years ago. They come out for a yearly checkup and the technicians are always courteous and do a great job explaining how the system works, any issues found, etc. They also take photos down ther, so they can show you conditions under your home. Josh and Tucker did a great job for us yesterday - Thanks Guys! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Yearly checkup of dehumidification system in crawlspace

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

10/05/2022

Roderick L.

The crew, Eric, Travis, Jay, EJ and others, came in and went right to work. They cleaned out the crawl space, sprayed the floor joists for mold remediation, leveled the ground surface, installed several jack supports where needed, laid in the plastic covering with the insulation boards, put in a few dehumidifiers with electric service and lighting. Outstanding! Yeah, at first I thought it was kinda pricey. But after witnessing their work, its money well spent.

Description of Work
Needed a full encapsulation of the crawl space and additional floor support in our new home.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

Review for BAY Crawl Space & Foundation Repair - 1179 Lance Rd, Norfolk, VA - 39898396

10/02/2022

Rex S.

Very pleased with all aspects of my crawl space encapsulation. I was kept informed of each step of the process. Received calls for expected arrival times. The installation team of Stefan, Floyd & Alex W. were very professional and maintained a clean work area and disposed of all debris daily. One minor glitch that was noticed by team lead, Stefan, who notified me and made the arrangements to correct it. One follow-up visit was required and completed in a timely manner by Matt & Payne. Happy to recommend Bay Crawl Space/Foundation Repair.

Description of Work
Crawl Space Encapsulation

Category insulation, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/09/2022

09/30/2022

Vernon C.

I had my crawl space encapsulated a few years ago. Bay did a great job and I have been pleased with the results. I contact them for a yearly inspection each year. They are pleasant to work with from the office workers to the workers who come to perform the service. They meet all the requirements I have in order for me to recommend them and their work to others. I can recommend them to friends and family alike. A company that is a real pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapulation and yearly follow up

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/28/2022

09/27/2022

Gary R.

A year ago we engaged Bay Crawl Space to encapsulate our crawl space. They did a great job, on time, professional, and affordable. This was their 1 year follow-up to verify the integrity of the work and perform routine maintenance. Josh and Tucker arrived right on time. They explained each step of the work they were going to do. I wanted to go into the crawlspace with them for a look around and watch them perform the annual maintenance. They were very accommodating, providing me coveralls and gloves. They worked quickly and accomplished all required tasks. Josh and Tucker are very personable and professional. A great experience.

Description of Work
One year follow-up to crawl space encapsulation.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

09/21/2022

Thomas M.

Very professional from start to finish. Beau did a great job explaining the scope of work and the options that my budget could afford. The team consisted of four guys, Alex W., Eljin, Ashawn and led by their team leader Stefan, showed up on time worked steadily and did a great job. Very quiet while under the house. When completed, they took pictures of everything and sent them to me. A company wouldn't do that unless they were proud and confident of the job they did. The dehumidifier they installed has been working great, even while it's raining outside the humidity level under my house is below 50%.

Description of Work
Installed a dehumidifier, cleaned out under the house and added new plastic

Category flooring contractor, home inspection, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

Review for BAY Crawl Space & Foundation Repair - 1179 Lance Rd, Norfolk, VA - 39880790

09/19/2022

David A.

Great price, quality work, and professional team. Josh, Tucker, Radames, Chris A, Chris W, and Alex M all did great work in enclosing our crawl space.

Description of Work
Conditioned Crawl Space

Work Completed On 09/01/2022

09/16/2022

Robert R.

The Bay Crawl Space team; Josh and Tucker, was exceptional. The team of two was on time for the inspection, very polite, and professional. They gave an excellent debrief upon completion. I am very confident the install 1 year ago continues to perform. Thanks for it all. We highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
CrawlSPace Inspection

Category flooring contractor, home inspection

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

09/13/2022

Kelly D.

Ashaun, Mike, & Quay were all great, they made sure everything was explained to me & kept me updated through the entire process. Still waiting to see final results due to further adjustments needed however, the office was able to set me up a free future adjustment. Overall happy so far. House still needs about half an inch of lift.

Description of Work
Floor adjustment/foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/31/2022

09/11/2022

dave E.

We have been very pleased with the work done by Bay Crawl.. They kept us informed every step of the way. We want to thank Katie, Cindy, Mikki, Christa, Kristen,James,Sam,Travis, Alex M, Payne, Art,Matt, Trucker, Elgin and Samantha, for making sure everything got done on a timely basis and always answering our questions.

Description of Work
foundation repair

Category flooring contractor, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

08/31/2022

Michelle W.

Eric, Travis and Chris did a great job. I had some old shingles in my crawlspace. Eric asked me if I wanted to trash them, or he offered to stack them next to my garage. I chose the latter. He went out of his way and did so.

Description of Work
crawlspace encapsulation

Category flooring contractor, insulation, mold removal

Work Completed On 08/31/2022

08/26/2022

Ron F.

From the inspector to the installation by Josh and Tucker everything went smooth. They provided before and after photos of work. Great Job

Description of Work
CRAW SPACE SEALED WITH DEHUMIDIFER

Category home inspection, mold removal