Handy Andy Service & Repair

Founded 2016 • With Angi since March 2016

4.3

14923 Treseder St.

Draper, UT 84020

Finished up a BS degree in Project Management and Administration at ITT Technical Institute, December 2013! Started my own Handyman business January 2016. I look forward to helping you with any small to medium home project!...

10/03/2017

William P.

When approached about dissatisfaction with job, Handy Andy said he didn't like my attitude and would not return to finish the job (which he had been paid to do). Dirty/greasy fingerprints/marks on doors, wore shoes in house with black soles leaving marks. He also stated that we owed him additional money! In addition, he was difficult to contact, didn't communicate well. He appears to be unprofessional, lacks experience, and did not demonstrate any customer service.

Description of Work
Updating home for sale---Replacement of door hinges/fixtures.

Category handyman service,remodeling,doors

Before making your decision on to hire me or not, please read the rest of my reviews. Bill is upset because of the grease marks of the old door hardware, not hand prints. He called me after the job was 95% done to tell me about the marks. I told Bill that because he had me put new hardware in the house and decided to not paint the doors, that their is going to be a few black rings. He pointed blame at me rather than have the doors painted. Although I did paint one door. The back door to the backyard. This door had a long door handle, Home Depot did not sell a upgraded type. This was not in the contract. I had a clause that any work outside the scope would be charged $50.00 an hour. So after a text and a rude call from Bill. I finished up one more day of work. Along with one more project outside the scope of the original work discussed. Bill showed up that day and walked around the house making comments about the grease marks. I told Bill for the third time, you should have me paint the doors if your so unhappy. This is when he stated I created more work and he feels that he wasted the money paying me to do the work. I have never been treated so badly by a customer. I didn't say anything. In my head and heart I felt I needed to get away from this guy. I believe that when I didn't offer to paint the door for free he was mad and felt like he needed to insult me. I have the contract on me at all times, I can show anyone that I gave Bill a bid to paint the house like his agent had told him to do. She was very nice, and the one who called me to do the work. In conclusion the only thing true in Bills Post is I did not come back to complete the work. I had done the extra work that he had not paid me for. I told him he did not need to pay me for that because I would not be back. He text me 15 times over a day and a half, while in the mountains, I could not respond, so he figured he would make threats, I also still have on my phone. I will be making a phone call to Angie's List to see about having this customer removed I don't believe any contractor should have to be treated the way Bill did me.

09/27/2017

Aaron S.

Quick, easy and cheap

Description of Work
Ceiling fan

Category handyman service

Thank you for the review.

07/06/2017

Natalia T.

Andy was very honest. He thought it was an issue on the fundation of the house so recommended to call a general contractor. He was very professional. I will definetly call him if I need any handy man in the future!

Description of Work
Had a leaking at the basement.

Category concrete driveways

Thank you, I hope you where able to get the work done. Call me if you ever need anything else done.

04/20/2017

Scott J.

Andy is a hard worker and quick. Great personality too.

Description of Work
Removing shutters and misc work around house

Category handyman service

10/28/2016

Steve G.

It went much better than I had expected and was priced very fairly. Andy emailed photos and video of the project (before and after)! That was first! He is a terrific handyman and I will definitely use his services in the future as new projects arise.

Description of Work
I live out of state and my condo rental tenant contacted me about a moldy floorboard/drywall problem. I got Andy's name from Angie's List. I phoned Andy and discussed the problem with him. He met with the tenant and took care of the problem on the same day! This included going to Home Depot to buy matching paint, removing the problem wood, cutting new floorboard, sanding, painting, and drying the paint job.

Category drywall,handyman service,interior painters

10/25/2016

Paul A.

The two guys showed up on time for 2 and a half days, worked hard and non-stop, dividing up the work. They were polite and professional throughout. They gave me an initial bid for the labor and then added the cost of any materials they needed to buy. The labor bid was very reasonable. They knew what they were doing and did good work given the aged condition of the house. Even when I added things for them to do, they did it willingly. The laundry room proved far more troublesome than they had anticipated (adding an extra 5 hours), and yet they didn't change the labor cost for that project. I've rated their work "Good" rather than excellent, because it's hard to tell what they would do with less aged materials. As it is, there are things that probably could be better (eg, completely rebuilding the gates, or starting from scratch in the laundry room and doing it right from the ground up), but only at the cost of raising the price considerably. I've had other handymen who have not been nearly as detail-oriented nor competent. I'd hire these guys again for any repair project. My biggest quibble was with the cleanup after the laundry room. If I had it to do again, I'd just make sure everything was covered up so that the sanding dust that went everywhere could be more easily cleaned.

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling, repaired three wooden gates (rehung, resized, new posts), installed storm door, installed dog door, finished laundry room (mudding, painting, molding), caulked bathroom, repaired deck, installed utility sink.

Category drywall,handyman service,doors

09/30/2016

Scott C.

Had Andy out for multiple repairs around the house. He arrived on time, his work was top notch and he was clean and organized. He finished in a timely manner and his price was very fair. I will definately have Handy Andy service and repair back for my next home repair when needed.

Description of Work
Door repair, faucet replacement, painting, drywall repair

Category drywall,handyman service,plumbing,interior painters,doors