Rita's Custom Drapery LLC

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

2409 Primrose Dr

Richardson, TX 75082

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Rita's Custom Drapery has been creating custom window coverings with exceptional craftsmanship, high style, and sophistication for over 25 years! Whether your style is contemporary, traditional or modern....if you can dream it, we can create it. Rita is the owner and designer. What this means is that she will be a part of your project from conception to completion. Angie's List Super Service Award Winner 2014-2018. ** Please note, Rita does not install or repair window treatments that are not purchased through her company. ** ...

window treatment (65)upholstery (5)drapery cleaning (1)

10/27/2020

Glenn C.

Rita was prompted with a response after i had posted a request for service on Angies list. I was able to get an appointment with her within a few days and we met at the new house while it was still under construction. I appreciate her flexibility and dedication because she lived 40 minutes away which I did not realize until later. I appreciate that she is a talented interior designer. Originally i was going to put in Shudders but she changed my mind after giving us some good advice and a cheaper solution. I would have installed the wrong thing if it was not for her advise and it would have cost a lot more. She installed loft curtains in the living room that are about 200 inches tall and we were able to design the curtains with two colors and a pattern. Very classy.

Description of Work
Window treatments

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Review for Rita's Custom Drapery LLC - 2409 Primrose Dr, Richardson, TX - 38982363

09/10/2020

Melissa E.

Great! I was thrilled to find a single place that could handle all my needs. The work was beautiful and the blinds quickly installed. Two rooms with multiple windows needed only one new blind each. Since all windows were the same size, Rita made the intriguing suggestion of swapping out all the old, still functional blinds in a single room, and putting all the news blinds in the other. This avoided a color clash of new with older blinds which, though useable, had become slightly discolored.

Description of Work
Replacement of venetian window blinds, chair upholstery, cushion covers for daybed

Category upholstery,alterations,window treatments

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

05/05/2018

Dale M.

Amazing!!! Not only is Rita talented, she is sweet and so compassionate. She has great vision, suggestions and ensures that everything is perfect. We found her and keepnusing her because she has made everything so seamless and beautiful. She has done three rooms and made each one express that room's style and theme; contributing to the beauty of our home. Her creativity and talent, combined with our vision created a look that is just perfection. Thank you Rita!!!

Description of Work
Draperies for 3 rooms

Work Completed On 09/04/2017

03/17/2018

manoj N.

Highly recommend Rita. For me, the best part was Rita figured me out after one session. She understood my taste and was able to cater her recommendations very specifically. I chose her after consulting and meeting multiple window treatment providers and she did not disappoint. I could see Rita had an eye for this kind of work. I appreciate that she has the knowledge and experience to give me everything and anything that exists for window treatments but that she respected my preference when giving me choices. The finished product was exactly what I had envisioned. She is very flexible in working with your schedule. While there were a few hiccups along the way, I found Rita pleasant, timely and patient in working out these kinks.

Description of Work
Blinds and drapes

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

01/13/2018

Jim P.

Rita visited us and helped us choose types and colors for new drapes. We paid the downpayment (50%) and she measured and made the drapery which was delivered as specified. The installers and Rita completed the job (4 windows, including one a large picture window) installing drapery along with sheeres and cornices on the large window and the dining room window. Everything looks great. It was a pleasure to work with Rita.

Description of Work
New drapery

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

01/05/2018

Bill S.

Rita responded quickly. I wanted 5 pillows but thought I would have her make 1 pillow and see how it went. After meeting her, I could tell she paid careful attention to detail. At that point, I decided to go ahead and have her make all 5...instead of just the 1 test one. I was not disappointed!!! They turned out beautifully!!! I am SO pleased!! Thank you so much Rita! Until my next project...😊

Description of Work
Wanted some deer hides made into pillows.

Category alterations

Work Completed On 12/19/2017

Review for Rita's Custom Drapery LLC - 2409 Primrose Dr, Richardson, TX - 36729186

08/04/2017

Tee O.

Rita is exceptional!! My family is very pleased with her work.

Description of Work
Drapery and Installation for tall window.

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

06/19/2017

Ginny M.

Great. Rita is very pleasant to work with and has lots of great ideas.

Description of Work
Refashioned top treatments for hallway. Rita did an excellent job.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

03/20/2017

Erica M.

Rita was wonderful! I didn't really know what type of window treatments I wanted and she came prepared with lots of fabric choices and samples of shutters. She recommended options for the different rooms (blackout fabric lining curtains and a sheer for the bedroom windows, beautiful cornice board and curtain in the family room, panel drapes with plantation shutters for the dining room which faces the main road). I also asked her to make pillows to coordinate with the family room curtains. The entire project was installed in the estimated time frame of 10 weeks and the drapes/curtains that she made herself were finished/installed in about 8 weeks.

Description of Work
I needed window treatments for five rooms in my home.

Work Completed On 12/19/2016

01/12/2017

Eric W.

I am very pleased with Rita. I was slightly concerned by the amount of money spent by other customers. Rita was VERY sensitive to my budget and there was NEVER an attempt to "up sell". I would HIGHLY recommend her and will use her again when it comes to further window treatments. Rita was excellent in responding to communiction--VERY--accomodating concerning schedules.

Description of Work
A series of cornice boxes were built and installed. Rita came to my home, measured, assisted with fabric selection and then returned with the finished product and supervised their installation. I believe the pictures speak for themselves but this is just a sample of the total work that she did.

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

Review for Rita's Custom Drapery LLC - 2409 Primrose Dr, Richardson, TX - 34271019

07/14/2016

Dennis A.

Absolutely perfect work!! Rita is a fabulous designer and craftsperson. She took all our input, applied her incredible creativity, went to work, and brought back & installed simply gorgeous window treatments that completely finished the rooms. We had previously selected material that would match the décor, so we were a little concerned that she would rather use her own, but within a minute of looking at it, she crafted some real creative ideas on how to use it, and commended us on the choice. In the end, the design were beautiful, constructed well, and installed meticulously. Rita has a passion, she honors her time estimates, and is an pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Den window treatments

Work Completed On 07/12/2016

Thank you so much for the kind words in the review! The fabric you had selected was truly beautiful and really was perfect to use in your kitchen and den area. I am glad to hear that you were more than pleased with the work we did for your home and hope we can work together in the future! -Rita

06/13/2016

Kathy C.

First of all... Rita is amazing. I will be using her in the near future. She has an amazing eye for detail and style. She was just full of ideas and gave me VERY useful tips. Rita is very fun and easy to work with and a true professional. You won't be disappointed with her. Unlike other drapery professionals that I have had over she actually listens and is full of feedback. She wants you to love your home not just make money selling you a product.

Description of Work
Rita provided me with a free estimate.

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

I really appreciate your kind words in this review of my work- the pleasure was all mine! You were a wonderful costumer and I'm glad to hear that you found my feedback helpful and informative. Please let me know if there is anything you need in the future because I would be more than happy to work together again! -Rita

03/31/2016

Oluwakemi F.

We had recently just moved into a new house and needed to get curtains for some parts of the house. I gave her a call and we scheduled a date and time for the appointment. She arrived exactly on time, we talked about the style I was looking for and she recommended different kind of curtains, price points, fabric types and cost. She gave us a time frame to expect our curtain installation. After the set number of weeks, she came with her team and installed the curtains. Everything was exactly as promised, perfect workmanship. Some weeks later, we decided that our very long roman shades looked somehow unfinished in our family living room (even though Rita had mentioned that they would look better/finished with drapes during the initial consultation). She came and discussed our options, made the drapes at a discount, installed on time and now everything looks perfect. Rita is simply the best, she truly lives up to her reputation. Customer service like no other!

Description of Work
Created beautiful and customized curtains for my living room, dining room, formal living, and formal dining areas.

Work Completed On 03/31/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review my work- I really appreciate it! The addition of the drapes to the roman shades we had originally installed really pulled the room together. I pride myself on always putting the customer first and I am extremely pleased to hear that you felt that! Please contact me in the future if there are any other projects you would like to work on together. -Rita

03/09/2016

Nancy M.

This is a second home that Rita has provided her talent for drapes. They are gorgeous and I expected nothing less. I'm looking forward to her return for next set of drapes that I just ordered. Her installation team is very professional as well. We will admire these drapes for years to come.

Description of Work
Custom draperies and installation

Work Completed On 03/09/2016

Thank you for your kind words about my team and I- we really appreciate it! It was a true pleasure working with you on your second home. My goal is always to use my craft to help turn a house into a home for my customers and I'm glad to hear that showed in my work. Enjoy your beautiful home and please let me know if there is any future projects you would like to work on together! -Rita

03/05/2016

Steven P.

We could not be more pleased. The drapes are absolutely beautiful and the cornice boards provide balance just as she said they would. Rita is an extremely delightful person! She doesn't just make drapes - she is actually is a designer with an intense passion for her work. There were no hidden fees and the drapes were delivered and installed in the expected time frame. We would recommend her services to anyone in need of quality, handmade drapery and accents. Thank you Rita!!!

Description of Work
Rita showed us fabrics and made suggestions as to the style that would work for our home (living, hearth, and bedroom). She thoroughly explained the various pleat styles and gave options for accent panels and other decor. In addition to the drapes, she also recommended cornice boards in the hearth room and kitchen to provide balance (excellent suggestion).

Work Completed On 03/02/2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure working with you to make your vision a beautiful reality for your home. My goal is always to help transform a house into a room and this project truly tied all the rooms together for such a cohesive look! I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure they get exactly what they want and I am delighted to hear you were happy with the final product. I was so happy to work together and hope that you will contact me in the future for any additional custom drapery needs. -Rita

03/04/2016

christina M.

From start to finish amazing, Rita is awesome to work with, extremely knowledgeable, she understood the look i was going for, We both were on the same track with in minutes. I have large bay windows with a seat, which i wanted a cushion seat & cushions to match with the border. I wanted an elegant look that would not get undated any time soon.. Rita, came through attention to detail was amazing, i was speechless, it what you expect to see in million dollar homes. The blinds were perfect for my bay windows, all matching the border, and the blackout is awesome so nobody can see in. You also dont feel closed in as you would with the heavy blinds. Even the blinds are so elegant with a shimmer in. Her installers were very clean, polite and did not waste time, with Rita standing watching them & assisting to make sure everything was done correctly. They also cleaned up after themselves which is a major ++++++ The time & effort love & care Rita puts in her work is incredible, Rita does one of a kind, designs. Rita is One Of A Kind!!!! Well, i have already booked my next appt........

Description of Work
blinds up in 4 rooms, and beautiful borders covering windows matching seat cushions & pillow cushions

Category upholstery,window treatments

Work Completed On 03/02/2016

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review! It was so great working with you to make your vision a beautiful reality for your home. I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure they get exactly what they want and I am delighted to hear you were happy with the final product my team and I did. I was so happy to work together and am really excited about our next project! -Rita

12/11/2015

JAY B.

Rita was very friendly on the phone, and offered to come to my house to look over my patio and figure out the best way to meet my needs. She showed up right on time, and was a delight to talk with. She made numerous suggestions regarding the best way to proceed, and make extensive measurements to be sure everything would fit properly. She gave me several pricing options, and once we settled on a design, she gave me a turnaround time estimate of several weeks. I gave her a deposit of half the total cost, and she delivered the finished curtains back to me on the short side of the time frame she had given me. Rita is a joy to work with and really knows what she's doing. She pays attention to detail and obviously wants the job done right. I would certainly use her again, and would recommend her highly.

Description of Work
Rita sewed heavy duty zippers onto my outdoor curtains. She also trimmed and re-sewed the drapes to fit the space where they would hang, and added pockets on the bottoms for chains (for weight).

Work Completed On 11/27/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure working with you to make your vision a beautiful reality for your home. I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure that all of their needs are met. I was so happy to work together and hope that you will contact me in the future for any additional custom drapery needs. -Rita

12/01/2015

Kevin A.

Rita was very personable and tried to accommodate all of our requests. She is knowledgable about fabrics and made great suggestions for our living room. Her installers were very hard working and professional. We would recommend her and her team for any custom drapery project.

Description of Work
Custom draperies, shutters, blinds

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

Thank you for taking the time to say such kind things about the project we did together! I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with the work my team and I did- the pleasure was all mine. I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure they get exactly what they want and I am delighted to hear you were happy with the final product. I enjoyed working together and hope that we can conduct more business together in the future! -Rita

08/31/2015

Kathleen A.

Rita provided outstanding service to me! She did a beautiful job on every seat; she had to coordinate the repeats on both fabrics, which was essential to the look I wanted. Rita is professional, personable, and delivered everything on time. I would absolutely recommend Rita for any type of design and upholstery, as well as she has a great eye for color.

Description of Work
Rita re-upolstered ten dining table seats for my home. 4 chairs in breakfast room, 6 in the dining room.

Category upholstery,window treatments

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

Thank you so much for your incredibly thoughtful and generous words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to upholster your furniture- it all looks so beautiful and ties the entire room together! I am glad I was able to provide service that you were happy with and I hope that you will contact me in the future if you have any other drapery and upholstery needs! -Rita

07/22/2015

Cheryl P.

Rita had an instinctual grasp of my particular taste in design and certainly was helpful in guiding me in my choice of fabric and window treatment styles. As an experienced seamstress, she gave me excellent advice as it applied to repurposing my previously owned drapery so that it complemented its new venue and saved me great expense. Her team of installers were professional and efficient and Rita was present throughout the installation process to make sure everything was perfect. I am very happy with the work, and I will absolutely call on Rita again whenever I need custom drapery or upholstery.

Description of Work
Customized and refitted existing drapes to fit bedroom and study areas. Designed and created panels for family room and breakfast area. Adapted king bedskirt to fit dual twin long mattresses.

Work Completed On 06/23/2015

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to make your vision a beautiful reality for your home. I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure they get exactly what they want and I am delighted to hear you were happy with my final product! I truly enjoyed working together and hope you will contact me in the future for any additional custom drapery needs! -Rita

04/10/2015

Teresa J.

Rita was a true professional. She was very responsive to our personal needs for time and efficiency. She delivered the product early and even accommodated us by installing on a Sunday! Rita far exceeded our expectations. She delivered exactly what we asked for, and the quality of her work is superb, outstanding, magnificent, first-rate and I could go on and on. She comes prepared with fabric swatches and even offers design possibilities that would best fit your decor. To describe her she is a loving and caring individual. She has the most positive attitude and wants nothing but the best for your needs. She was always bubbly and enthusiastic and each time showed up with a smile that would light up your home. Even during our first meeting she felt like a member of our family. We would not hesitate to use her again and we highly recommend her services. Thank you Rita. You are the BEST! ?

Description of Work
We engaged Rita for replacement of some roman shades in our master bedroom.

Work Completed On 03/02/2015

Thank you so much for your incredibly thoughtful and kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to make your vision a beautiful reality for your home. I enjoy working with each customer individually to ensure they get exactly what they want and I am extremely delighted to hear you were so happy with the final product. I pride myself on always putting the customer first and it's great to hear that you felt that every time I was in your home. I truly enjoyed working together and hope to conduct more business in the near future! Please don't hesitate to give me a call! -Rita

04/02/2015

kathleen H.

Rita was wonderful. I had a specific design in mind for a reversible comforter and shams. It was to include trim on both sides. She enhanced my idea with some great suggestions. She is one of the few people I have met that could create what I had in my minds eye. She was so fun to work with and you could tell she took great pride in the product she completed. I would never use anyone else. She was very reasonable in price, timely in providing when she promised and delivered with a smile and pride in her work. She was anxious to make sure I was 110% pleased. If you contact her I would be honored to give her a further review.

Description of Work
She created a reversible comforter and shams.

Work Completed On 04/01/2015