2 GUYS & A GOAT LAWN SERVICE

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2008

2000 E Lamar Blvd Suite 510

Arlington, TX 76006

Bringing Lawn Care into the 21st Century In days past, the best way to find a lawn care professional to service your lawn was to pull out the yellow pages and look up someone in your area or simply just choose a lawn service company that sounded good. 2 Guys & A Goat Lawn Services has simplified

06/18/2020

Bettye G.

I was told they would get back to me with a price. They never called back.

Description of Work
Lawn mowed/backyard cleanup

Category fencing

05/27/2020

JAMES P.

They were a good company to start with at the beginning of the year. COVID-19 has made them non-operational. No communication, no service. Look elsewhere. Sorry to see good companies go.

Description of Work
Nothing from them

04/10/2020

Jack W.

To date nobody has shown up to give me an estimate?

Description of Work
Edging & weed eating

Category lawn service

Hey [Member Name Removed], we sent you an email and text message estimate on 3/26/2020. From our records you viewed the quote via email. Would you like us to resend?

03/09/2020

Marva M.

They confirmed a date and never showed up, no phone call, no response. I no longer need their services. I would never recommend them are use them for anything.

Description of Work
Removal of weeds from patio

Category lawn service

Hey [Member Name Removed], we did show in addition to respond. Unfortunately, our crews equipment could not make it down your condo side street to enter your yard. By the time you communicated you did not want us to show, we accepted your cancellation without providing excuses. We appreciate the opportunity but the condition did not make it available to service your lawn.

01/07/2020

Bernie H.

I’ve been a customer with them for years. They do a great job. Every time I ask for something specific they take care of it.

Description of Work
Yard Mowing

12/03/2019

Steve R.

I needed leaves bagged and placed on the curb for pickup. I have back problems and was not able to do this. It had rained the day before this company arrived to do the work, so the leaves were wet and heavy. They used 45 kitchen type plastic bags and instead of taking them to the curb for pickup, they stacked them along the fence by my detached garage. No one was home when they did the work and this on our trash pickup day. I came home around 3:00 and the truck for trash pickup was in our neighborhood and I had to carry 45 bags of wet leaves to the curb in about 10 minutes. So much for trying to protect my back. Very disappointed in this company and would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Bagging of leaves.

Category leaf removal

11/04/2019

Matthew C.

Was sent a quote for service, which we approved, provided credit card and gate code info, and selected a day of the week for service. Crews never showed up, and we received no contact from the company, for over three weeks. My lawn has now sat for over a month and I have to scramble to get service. Don't even bother with this company. Customer service will tell you someone is coming to work on your yard who never shows up.

Description of Work
Yard mowing.

10/23/2019

Eve M.

The crew did not follow instructions. Gates were left unlocked and open (with a pool in the backyard) and they did not bother to contact us if they were not coming, but instead just came at another time without notice or confirmation. Work that this company was hired to perform at the rental projects was never completed. Numerous emails were sent without any sort of reply. It appears that this company merely subcontracts all of its work, and has horrible customer service.

Description of Work
We hired this company to provide service at our residence and also at two different rental projects.

10/12/2019

Christy P.

They were fast and professional. Received a quote the same day and they were out the next day to mow my lawn.

Description of Work
Lawn Care Work

08/29/2019

judy T.

They were supposed to mow on Tuesday, but because of rain they couldn't do it until Thursday. Since I do not live in the area, I did not know this, and the real estate agent selling the house said it hadn't been mowed on the day it was supposed to be done. They had gone out to take pictures of the property, but had to reschedule this because the property had not been mowed. I had to call Two Guys and a Goat to find out why the mowing had not been done as scheduled. It would have been nice if they could have called me to tell me there was going to be a delay. They quoted me a price of $38.00, before they looked at the property. Once they got to the property, they said it was overgrown, so they charged me an additional $19.00. This wouldn't have been a problem, except I had other offers from other companies that had gone out to look at the property before quoting me a price, and they were less expensive than the $61.71. It just wasn't a good experience. They did provide before and after photos, and it looks like they did a good job. I was very pleased with their work. I just wish they could have communicated with me a little better along the way. I wouldn't hire again, because I live in another state, and I need a service that will let me know what's going on. If they can't do the service on the day they say they are going to do it, they should call. If this is not a problem for you, then by all means, use their service.

Description of Work
mowing and edging

08/13/2019

deborah W.

They do an excellent job. The lawn looks great and I like the weekly payment format.

Description of Work
Lawn & Yard Work

08/12/2019

Shannon S.

Very quick response with quote and came out the next day to cut my lawn. Did a wonderful job!

Description of Work
Weekly maintenance

07/13/2019

Anthony R.

They responded to my quote request in 24 hours. They did a good job mowing my lawn for this one time service. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

04/27/2019

Jo H.

Great job - please include trimming the shrubs on your next appointment Thank You!!

Description of Work
Mow weed whack edge -

06/10/2014

Katherine G.

We have used them for our lawn care for over 3 years and are very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance

03/14/2014

norman G.

Services have always been performed regularly and without incident, and their fees, particularly for mowing and shrub maintenance, are extremely competitive.

Description of Work
The provider performs regular mowing and shrub maintenance. In addition, I've enlisted them to perform annual mulching of my tree aand shrub beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

02/06/2014

James L.

They do a decent job. My biggest complaint is that if you're on a schedule they mow, rain or shine, needed or not. If it's scheduled they are going to mow - period! I understand that they have to make money, but I hate to be charged for service when the yard didn't need it. That said, I have no real complaints. Their Sprinkler service is excellent and they always do a fine job.

Description of Work
Lawn & Sprinkler Service

08/13/2013

KIT S.

They are a very nice company, they are thorough, and trustworthy. They did what they say they are going to do. They are professional and their prices are competitive. Everything they have sold me has worked well. I highly recommend this company they are a rare find these days.

Description of Work
They found the valve boxes for my sprinkler system, which three other companies failed to do and still charged for. They also added more sprinklers to my home irrigation system.

08/06/2013

Mary C.

I set up lawn service with this company for the 1st time last friday the 2Aug. They came and mowed, etc.. when i got home i noticed the fence had a big chunk of wood taken out of it, a spot light that we had in the ground next to the AC unit, was broken, also they missed weed-eating around 1 of our trees in the front yard, also missed a few patches about 1ftx1ft areas of grass in the yard where they just completely didnt mow. I felt this was horrible service, and for a professional company, this was not up to par..I then send the company an email on sunday (they are closed sat/sunday) so they would get it monday morning advising them that i would like to have my service cancelled, if the 1st time service was this bad, i clearly didnt want them back in my yard for future services.. they then advised me that i would be charged the $25 fee for cancelling with them, since i didnt follow thru and let them mow a minimum of 5x before cancelling.. I was very upset and emailed back stating that they did very poor service, and broke 2 things in the process.. i thought i was being very nice not charging them anything to fix these things.. and felt they could have waived the $25 fee. But since they didnt i advised them i would like my fence to be fixed and the spot light that was broke replaced, and that the glass from the bulb was still stuck in the light fixture. They then emailed me back stating they couldnt fix anything for me since i was no longer an "active account". I felt they did not provide the service they promised, and broke 2 things in the process.. the least they could do was waive my $25 cancellation fee..

Description of Work
Mowing and weed-eating lawn.

Category lawn service

This customer did not notify 2 Guys and a Goat Lawn Service and Irrigation of any issues with the service prior to cancellation, which was ordered 4 days after the service took place; therefore, 2GGLSI never had an opportunity to address them, in accordance with 2GGLSI policy (distributed to customer at time of sign-up).

06/06/2013

Keela H.

Worst yard and customer service I have ever experienced. I informed the yard service provider that I had small dogs and they had a doggie door that allowed them in and out of the back door so they needed to make sure at all times that the main gate stay closed. I also informed her that I would not always be home when they mowed so they needed to be able to work with my dogs popping in and out. Usually the three little dogs will go out and right back in if someone is in the backyard but most yard service men in the past just learn to ignore them, keep the gate closed and carry on with their work. I was home and asked numerous times that they keep the gate closed and not let my dogs out. They left gate open 5 times (even after the first, second and third time and I asked them to make sure they closed the gate) during their service and I had to go get my dog that was running loose twice. I have had lawn service for over a year and never had an issue with the gate and my dogs getting out in the past until this lawn service company. They left numerous lines of unmowed lawn so I had to ask them to mow again over those areas. They do not offer bagging service but assured they had commercial grade mulching lawnmowers so I would not see a difference. Their lawnmower blades were so dull and they ran over the lawn so quick there were missed areas and single blades left all over my yard. They also blew all the yard clippings into my landscapping. When I contacted the lady that answers the phone for this company to cancel the service, she was rude and basically tried to deny and argue with me over everything I told her. She kept telling me this is one of her best teams of mowers and they get compliments all the time and she just could not believe that this happened. Not only did I pay for the lawn service but they also charged me an additional yard service fee to cancel the service. Totally ridiculous to have to sign a contract then pay for such bad service, then pay again to cancel bad service! I would not recommend using this lawn service.

Description of Work
Mowed lawn.

Category lawn service

(deleted member name) signed up for service on 6-4-13. During this signup she indicated that she had very small dogs but that they would be indoors during service as they were afraid of the equipment and she did not want to risk them getting out. Upon arrival, our crew found the gate already standing open. They did close the gate but did not keep it closed during the entire service. That said, (deleted member name) knew we were there and knew we were servicing front and back; she elected to allow her dogs to enter the back yard, without checking that the gates were closed first, because "they weren't afraid of your crew for some reason so I decided to let them go out". Our crew did apologize repeatedly and did try to accommodate this request but, again, they were in the process of providing the service. The service is advertised as one that uses mulching mowers and (deleted member name) did suggest cancelling the service if we didn’t bag. We advised her that while we couldn't bag, most do not have issues with this type of service; however, if this was really important to her, we would understand her decision to cancel. She elected to give it a try. The mow clippings were not left on the lawn or on the mulch as suggested; as these are not discharge mowers, clippings do not blow out the sides, but fall to the bottom. Rather, the clippings she saw on her mulch were from the very long grass that was displaced during the line-trimming around her landscaping. If the mulch is very dry, it is easy to blow off but if damp, it will stick. We cannot assert as to the conditions of the mulch but did offer to correct this issue for her; our offer was declined. The mower blades were not dull. To the contrary, these blades were sharpened prior to our arrival to her property (only one property mowed before hers). This was validated by not only the crew, but also the shop manager who assisted and witnessed this procedure. Additionally, the result described does not match the characteristics of a dull blade. Her issue with individual grass blades being left uncut is something that can occur if the grass is very thick and tall (two conditions which were present). Additionally, the moisture content can cause the blades to lay over during mowing, being missed by the blade, and then standing up once dried out. This particular issue was never conveyed to our company during her conversation with us at the time the service was rendered. She did, however, indicate that the crew had missed some narrow strips but also conceded that they did everything they could to correct it and did so willingly. To that end, they actually spent an hour and 10 minutes mowing, edging, line-trimming and then repeating the process in an effort to make sure that absolutely nothing was missed. They literally did everything they could to make her happy and the photographs of the property once completed support the success of their efforts. (deleted member name) asserts in her review that we denied that anything happened and were rude to her during the conversation. That is completely false; no such rudeness or denial occurred. When we spoke to (deleted member name), we apologized profusely and spent a great deal of time letting her know that we had already taken steps to ensure the next service would not present any of the concerns she had related. We did inform (deleted member name) that we were genuinely surprised by the report as this crew consistently receives high marks from their properties' owners; as such, we were truly at a loss for what could have contributed to any shortcomings. Given their work history, we had already spoken with the crew prior to speaking with (deleted member name), as we wanted to get their account of the events. We assured her that the crew had validated that the conversations took place and explained to us the circumstances that surrounded the issues of the gate being open, her dogs getting out and the re-mowing/edging/line-trimming of the property. In doing so, we were able to achieve an expeditious resolve to the situation with regard to their future actions. We tried very hard to present reassurance that this was an unfortunate isolated experience; that while inexplicable, would not be repeated. Regrettably, (deleted member name) refused any such idea by telling us, "I'm sorry, but, I find that hard to believe. I don't think it will get any better; it can only get worse." 2 Guys and a Goat Lawn Service and Irrigation truly does pride itself on doing everything possible to provide the best service we can. We have guarantees in place so that when there is a rare circumstance such as this, we can provide re-dos at no charge and also quickly address them with the crew. We truly wish we had been able to make (deleted member name) happy but, unfortunately, no matter the extent of our apologies or efforts, they were all adamantly declined. Consequently, we were left with no choice but to cancel her service as requested.

10/30/2012

shelia G.

they are in an out and always closes the back gate

Description of Work
lawn service

07/23/2012

Nancy M.

We couldn't be more pleased with their work! The yard looks so much better! They are always punctual. We can tell the difference with a professional service as opposed to my husband slogging around himself with our old lawn mower. They put a nice, high edge around everything - even the patio and breezeway. They leave the sidewalks, driveway and entryway clear of clippings. The grass has those nice striped patterns when they are done and they always trim back all the growth along the fence and retaining wall. Great company. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We recently hired 2 Guys and a Goat for regular yard work - mowing, edging, etc. once a week. We were pleased with the cost of about $25/week. They had previously done some sprinkler system repairs and we were happy with that service. So we hired them when we decided to start getting weekly lawn service.

05/26/2011

shelia G.

The service guy arrived on time and was very professional, he was very fast and efficient .

Description of Work
Repaired broken sprinkler in ground and done maintence on the entire lawn system.

06/17/2010

Stephanie B.

Two serviceman arrived on time. Repaired a broken sprinkler head along with checking the entire system. Was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Repaired sprinkler system.

12/16/2008

Robert S.

The contractor provided a timely set of estimates and made several adjustments as the situation with the neighbors changed. The contractor's workmen arrived a week later than originally agreed to due to scheduling conflicts with other work. They notified us via email and phone calls well before, so there were no surprises. The tear down and installation went well. The quality of construction was excellent. The job was completed in only 2 or 3 days. After the work was completed, we had some concerns about a missing third rail on one side of the yard. This was installed within a couple of days. Other than the relatively high price of the install, the only other problem was due to a misunderstanding of how the fence would follow the terrain of the yard between the side of the garage and the street. Previously, the fence had followed the gentle slope for 30 or so feet before terminating at a corner. The old fence was 6 feet high all the way, so the top of the slats followed the sloping terrain. When this contractor installed the fence, the workmen kept the top of the fence exactly horizontal. The rot board then had to be widened to a full 18 inches at the street end of the fence, making the final height of this corner 7.5 feet! It looks kind of odd and may technically violate our neighborhood deed restrictions. We have submitted a question to the home owners association, but have heard nothing back. The contractor assures us that this should not be a problem.

Description of Work
Our 17 year old 360 foot long 6 foot high cedar fence was knocked down by hurricane Ike in September, 2008. We attempted to contact several companies on Angie's List to get the fence replaced, but all were too busy with area fence repairs to respond. So we found this NW Houston company online and emailed them. They were very friendly and responsive to our inquiry over the internet. We provided them with a detailed survey of our yard and the work needed. We divided the work into fence sections, shared with neighbors and those solely ours. They provided a detailed set of estimates broken down by neighbor. Their estimate for western cedar slats, plus a 6 inch rot board was $23 per linear foot plus a small tear down cost. As it happened, two of our neighbors selected a separate contractor who replaced about 90 feet of the fence for a significantly lower cost per foot ($14). The remaining 270 feet and two gates were installed by the reviewed contractor.

Category fencing

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

Mid-Cities Irrigation Inc

Mid-Cities Irrigation has over 31 years of experience. We repair all drainage solutions, including French drains, sump pumps & more. We also specialize in concrete projects, retainer walls, flag stone patios, walkways, living waterfalls and ponds. Select RainBird Contractor and have licensed irrigators on staff with multiple levels of expertise to assist you in creating a beautiful yard. All new sprinkler systems have a three year warranty covering parts and labor.

Rives Landscaping Services

My name is Coalby Rives and my company is Rives Landscaping Services. It is a new and local service that offers irrigation, lawn maintenance, tree trimming, and landscaping. I take extreme pride in our work and want to make every customer satisfied with my services. I am a licensed irrigation technician with 5 years of irrigation and landscaping experience.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Check

LAWN MOWING, SHRUB TRIMMING, SHRUB/PLANT REMOVAL, SOD IMPROVEMENT & REPLACEMENT, MULCHING, RAKING, FLOWER BED CLEANUP/WEEDING, LAWN MAINTENANCE & REPAIR.

SPRINKLER INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE & REPAIR.