White House Builders LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2009

301 Simmons Avenue

Summerville, SC 29483

White House Builders is a family owned and operated Roofing Company serving the greater Charleston area since 2006. Specializing in all phases of Residential construction, Remodeling, and Roofing...

01/13/2019

Kevin H.

We initial hired Chris and team to inspect the roof to apply for the SC Safe home grant and that went smoothly and quickly which is good because it's very time sensitive in order to be awarded the grant. Initially, we had intended to utilize a different contractor to replace the roof as they were already replacing my siding. But due to the fact that they had not responded at all to my grant application or request, I decided to switch to Chris and his team. I'm very glad that I did! The cost was very competitive. He and his team was very professional, prompt, and did a very good job cleaning up. Once the project was started, we had excellent communication and Chris came on site multiple times a day to check on progress and I even caught him on his hands and knees cleaning up the area. I don't know too many owners that you'd see helping out like that. Now seeing that his team does other remodeling/construction jobs, I'll keep them in mind for anything I have in the future.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

[Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! Please call if we can help again.

08/15/2018

Scott B.

I can say anything bad, they were prompt, they were quick and cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend them to any body.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof and two skylight.

08/07/2018

L F.

Excellent. After calling others on the list who couldn’t be bothered I thankfully found Mr. White, his professionalism and honesty was refreshing. He was on time and fairly priced. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof patch

04/28/2018

Michael F.

Chris White took the time in advance to understand our current layout and the requirements for the new solar attic fan & 110-volt hybrid adapter. As a result, he and his assistant were not just here on time, they were ready to start implementing a good installation plan. Chris reviewed and explained what they were going to do, how & why ... he also asked for our feedback on the plan. They were professional and knowledgeable. They moved quickly but paid attention to detail. We strongly recommend White House Builders for any roofing or roofing related projects.

Description of Work
Installation of a Solar Attic Fan

Mr. [Member Name Removed] thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Please call again if we can help in the future.

03/15/2018

Susan O.

I did two long sessions of researching roofs to understand what I needed, terminology, prices, etc. I requested bids from probably 20 different roofers. I received 8 quotes ranging from $4000 (deceptively leaving the total blank and providing no specifics as to materials to be used) to over $8000 (with samples of materials, extra warranties I didn't want). I realized the reasonable fair price was around $5600 for architectural shingles, 10 year warranty, 130 mph wind rating. In this range I had 3 roofers to choose from. White House Builders had given me a quote about 14 months previous and Chris said he would honor that quote. I had been leaning toward another roofer, who was about $300 less. When I reviewed the proposed materials of this roofer I found he had not included a DRIP EDGE. Several other roofers had acted like this was optional: about $125. Not using a drip edge on a $5600 project you want to last 30 years is not smart. Since I can't know everything about roofing materials and techniques, but I do know about the drip edge (regardless of what any knucklehead says), I decided to screen out any roofer that proposes the drip edge is optional. My reasoning: I don't necessarily know how else he could do things wrong and leave me with problems 15 years from now. The other selection criteria that you'd use; prompt replies, helpful demeanor, gut feel, etc. Chris passed. As for as the actual experience: good communication and follow through showing up, being punctual; pleasant, good clean-up, not over-charging, and responding well to a plumbing issue related to an old passive solar water heater on the roof. SO I researched roofing a lot over a two year period. I got a bunch of quotes. And I chose White House Builders and feel very comfortable recommending them to others.

Description of Work
replaced roof

[Member Name Removed] thank you for the very detailed review. It was a pleasure working with you. Please call again if you need my services. Thanks

03/15/2018

N M.

Chris was prompt in his responses for a quote and all questions asked. He and his crew did a very quality and professional job with re-roofing my house. The clean up was thorough.

Description of Work
Re-roof house

03/07/2018

Roger G.

The whole process went fast, and they were very knowledgeable

Description of Work
We had a 3 pane window that wasn't sealed properly. I also some vent pipes straightened, and flashing replaced on the roof

Category roofing,replacement windows

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the review. Please call again if we can help.

02/26/2018

Billy G.

Chris White and his crew did an awesome job. He started and finished job when promised. Strip old roof down to the wood, replaced 14 sheathing panels. Wrapped entire roof with ice and water, added new drip edge, added 7 new pipe boots and shingled with Certaineed Pro. Removed and replaced rubberized membrane on covered walkways. Big job done right with a lifetime warranty on shingles and 10 yr warranty on workmanship. Thank you Chris White and Crew. I will be looking forward to working with you again. As you know this old house needs a lot of TLC.

Description of Work
Replace entire roof and repair damaged sheathing.

[Member Name Removed] thanks for the review! I look forward to starting the next project.

02/01/2018

Patricia S.

Chris asked questions and investigated roof to find leak. Diagnosed and repaired. Explained situation thoroughly and answered all my questions.

Description of Work
Small roof repair, leak around pipe, replaced water damaged plywood and pipe boot.

[Member Name Removed] thank you for the review! Please call again if I can help. Thanks

11/20/2017

Ed T.

Work was done efficiently and immediately. Chris was very responsive to our request and got back to us within two days of making the purchase from Angie's List. We set a schedule for the inspection and he and his crew were on time and ready to work. Chris looked at signs of leakage within the house and then inspected the roof from inside the attic areas to identify where potential leaks were. His associate went on the roof and found the source of the leaks and made immediate repairs. Chris was very good about explaining what had happened to our roof and what he was doing to correct the problem.

Description of Work
I purchased a roof inspection and minor maintenance package. The inspection revealed three roof leaks which were repaired immediately at a reasonable additional cost.

[Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you and your wife. Thank you for your service to our great country!

10/27/2017

Willie W.

Was deployed when they came and did my roof with my son present. He sent me pictures they were fast and professional like other reviews worth the price for a job well done.

Description of Work
New Roof installation

09/25/2017

Emanuel C.

Awesome service...will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Category remodeling

09/25/2017

Arika M.

Whitehouse did a fabulous job putting down a membrane to stop the leak and matched our shingles pergectly. To look at it you would never know any work was ever done.

Description of Work
We had a leak from several small roofs coming down onto one and thr flashing had failed.

Category remodeling,roofing

Thanks for the great review! Please call again if I can help.

09/22/2017

Rob M.

I have used White House Builders once previously and had a good experience. This time Chris came out to provide a quote. He did tell me he was backed up with work and it would be a while before he would be able to do the work, which was fine with me. He walked around and made notes on all the items I wanted worked on. I never heard from Chris again. I called him probably half a dozen times as well as texting him and never received even a response. It became obvious that this wasn't just a matter of him being busy and an email/call or two slipping by, this was obviously him avoiding my calls. If he was that bad at responding, he would be out of business.

Description of Work
Estimate on work within my home

Category concrete repair,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

[Member Name Removed] thanks for the review. I spoke with customer and arranged a time to look at project. When we meet it became very clear I was only there to provide an estimate to be used in [Member Information Removed] against another contractor. Customer was not forthcoming about this ahead of time or I would have declined appointment. I don't provide written estimates to be used in [Member Information Removed] against other contractors you are having issues finishing the work you contracted them to do. I don't complete work started by incompetent contractors. No work completed!

09/13/2017

Daniel H.

Was quick to come out. Assessed roof and said that gutters were backing up causing the leakage. Recommended that we get the gutters cleaned. However, he missed the three holes in the shingles that truly caused the leak. Charged us for an estimate.

Description of Work
Assess roof for leaks after storm.

[Member Name Removed] not sure about the three holes in the shingles. We looked that roof over for 1 hour inside and out and never seen any holes. Can't say that we are perfect but we strive to be. We cleaned the gutter while we were there and that was the charge. We charged for the service not an estimate.

09/12/2017

Hannah C.

Chris answered my call and was at my home starting repairs within an hour! No muss, no fuss. Discovered leak in roof where flashing was improperly installed last year when the entire roof was replaced.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair

[Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure meeting you today! I love to meet new people with a joyful glow about them even when they are having 1st world problems. Keep smiling and please call again if I can help. Thanks

09/12/2017

Apollo R.

Great service at a fair price. We had all our ridge vents replaced and a new roof section spliced in right after Irma. Chris was very responsive; showed up early the next day and got the job done in a couple of hours. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof inspection post hurricane Irma, replacement of all ridge vents and removal/replacement of a small leaky roof section

Category remodeling,roofing,home builders

[Member Name Removed] thanks for taking time to leave this review. It was a pleasure working with you! Please call again if I can help. Thanks

09/06/2017

Gilbert L.

Estimate requested was never provided.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof and some other exterior work done on my house.

Never received request! Maybe you have me confused with another contractor.

08/30/2017

Kevin P.

I live out of town and needed to find a contractor to repair some roof work for my mother that lived in the city. Once of my concerns was locating someone that I could trust. After talking to and working with Whitehouse Builders all of my concerns were alleviated. I received updates on a regular basis on the work progress and even received a photo of the work in the end. Like he said, my mother was in good hands

Description of Work
Roof repair work

Category remodeling,roofing

[Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you! I know myself not living near my mother that finding a trustworthy local contractor to help her in a time of trouble is very reassuring. Glad I was able to answer the call and please call again if I can help.

08/29/2017

Sallie D.

Everything went very smoothly, they were extremely easy to work with, fast, affordable, and did a great job! Would definitely hire again and/or recommend to others.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category remodeling,roofing

[Member Name Removed]thanks for the review! I look forward to working with you again.

08/24/2017

Bob R.

Chris was prompt, professional and was able to quickly diagnose the problem and fix it. I would definitely use him again and probably will in the near future.

Description of Work
I had two other contractors look at our issue of water seeping into our living room through the light switch. The other two were suggesting massive changes that would have cost thousands of dollars. Chris came by about 30 minutes after I called, fixed the problem by replacing some flashing and charged $350. After several days of rain, we were able to determine that his fix worked.

Category remodeling,roofing,siding

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. Please call again if I can help. Thanks

08/16/2017

Michael S.

Chris was easy to talk with and was very quick to find the actual problem. His schedule was very flexible and he was able to work me in for a visit and repair within two days. He quickly found my problem and had it fixed in less than an hour. I expected to pay additional money for the repair, but he decided that my needs were covered within the scope of minor repairs for the inspection that I had to pay for. He was very professional and answered all of the questions that I had truthfully and honestly. I will be exclusively hiring him again for any of my roofing needs, as well as recommending his company to any friends and family in my area.

Description of Work
I needed a roof leak diagnosed and repaired. I requested a full roof inspection and minor maintenance with an expectation that I would have to pay more in addition to the inspection cost to have the repair work completed.

[Member Name Removed] is was great meeting you today. Thank you for your service to our great country!

08/01/2017

David T.

Excellent. Chris White was professional and did what he said he would do. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Description of Work
New Roof. Great response and attention to the work performed.

Category remodeling,roofing

[Member Name Removed] thanks for taking the time to leave this review!

07/27/2017

Joe S.

This is the second time I have used White House Builders for a repair and each time they were out the next morning and fixed my issue promptly, I will absolutely keep using them for my home repairs.

Description of Work
I had noticed a small stain on my ceiling from a leak in my roof and called Chris with White House Builders. He and his crew were out the next morning and diagnosed the problem as a leaking vent cap and 6 missing shingles. They completed the repairs in 2-3 hours and it was done correctly. I know this because we had a storm shortly after they finished and my ceiling is not wet.

Category remodeling,roofing

[Member Name Removed] is was a pleasure working with you again. Please call if you need anything in the future.

07/23/2017

Todd R.

Chris White, the owner, was professional, honest and knowledgeable about roofing repairs and replacement.

Description of Work
We had a roof leak. After finding Whitehouse Builders on Angie's list, I called and spoke with the owner, Chris White. Very knowledgeable, professional, honest, and arrived on time of appointment. To make a long story short, Chris and his great crew diagnosed where the leak was occurring. Replaced the flashing around the chimney, any rotten plywood and a rubber boot around a bathroom vent pipe. Plus, our solar attic fan was out, and Chris replaced is as well and the temperature inside the house is now 5 degrees lower and the AC can keep up during the hottest part of the day. I would highly recommend Whitehouse Builders for your roofingneeds

Mr. [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for the great review!

Ashbusters Chimney Service

Ashbusters Chimney Service of Charleston, SC is a local chimney services company operated by local chimney professionals that have been trained and certified on the principle of fire prevention. It doesn’t take long to come upon the devastation of fire up close and personal and we are determined to do whatever it takes to keep this from happening to our friends, our families and our communities. We understand that all fires are not preventable but we also know that when you do the necessary maintenance, you can rest assured that you have done everything in your power to prevent a fire in your home. The very act of taking action can and will prevent most fireplace and chimney mishaps. Clearance to combustibles is the most common reason home fires occur. It doesn’t matter if it’s in a chimney or a dryer; flammable materials near a heat source combined with oxygen are the perfect mix for disaster. Most homes today will have an electric or gas dryer plus a fireplace or wood stove of some kind. Just picture an open flame in the middle of your house and you might realize how important keeping it in check will be. Since 1985, Ashbusters Chimney Service has serviced over 35,000 chimneys

Ray's Flooring

We are a flooring installation company in Charleston, SC. We specialize in hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, LVP, LVT, EVP, and COREtec waterproof flooring. We provide the flooring materials and installation for your home below retail cost. Our Design Consultants visit your home with samples and offer same day estimates. We are licensed and insured. We offer free estimates, material delivery and in most cases, one day installation.

Palmetto Ceramic Coatings LLC

Exterior Painting Company and authorized dealer of Rhino Shield in South Carolina. Rhino Shield is is an exterior ceramic coating product that is applied to the painted areas of your home. It looks like rich, fresh paint and has a 25 year Warranty against cracking, chipping and peeling.

RBB 48179
    Town of Summerville
    SCLLR
    06/01/2017
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Residential roofing, construction, and remodeling.