Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Summerville, SC
There are 16 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Summerville
- JAF MasonryVery professional job she was very kind and courteous job started on time and finished on time without no problems very satisfied
- John O Syrjala JrWe have lived on Daniel Island, SC for over seven years and in that time, we have hired dozens of contractors for various projects and maintenance tasks. With a few exceptions our experiences have been generally positive but John Syrjala Jr. is far and away the best contractor we have ever worked with. The primary project was to replace a wooden staircase with a brick one. I was expecting that building a brick staircase would be significantly more expensive than a wood replacement but Mr. Syrjala’s bid was actually less than some of the wood-based bids. Without reservation I can say that Mr. Syrjala’s prices are very reasonable! Mr. Syrjala is an amazing, professional mason who works carefully and takes no shortcuts. The demolition of the old staircase was accomplished quickly, there was no mess and he carted away all the old material. He then dug and poured a cement footing, despite it being a relatively small area he used enough rebar to support a major structure. He found brick that was a perfect match to our 12-year-old home and did a beautiful job of building the stairs. During the two weeks he worked at our home there was never a time that there was any mess and he left the area around the project site looking better than before he started. The stairs look great! We also had Mr. Syrjala complete a hardscape project for us and construct some foundation piers, this work was done to the same high standards and at very reasonable cost. We recommend Mr. Syrjala without reservation, and are confident that you would have an equally positive experience
- John O Syrjala JrVery reasonable estimate. Honest about when he was available. Improved the structural integrity of the original design, so it is not likely to need repair ever again. While we had to wait in line for him, he came as originally promised and the wait was well worth it!
- Rich & John's Complete Chimney ServiceRich responded quickly to my request for a quote. Scheduling was easy and the workers showed a little earlier than promised. Both of the workers were polite and worked quickly and cleanly. I am totally satisfied with the job.
- Commonwealth Contracting LLCI had a difficult time finding someone who was willing to do a "small job" like ours so I went to Angie's List and decided to give Commonwealth Contracting a try. At our first meeting Michael Eippert was actually a few minutes early. He was very personable and helpful and his estimate was sent in a timely manner. It was very reasonable (especially compared to some others I had received). I was very impressed with Mike's entire crew. They were always on time, professional and hard working. Time after time they stated they wanted us to be happy with the work. The final result was amazing and my husband and I were so pleased!! I have recommended Commonwealth Contracting to several of my friends and I will definitely use them again if needed
- Commonwealth Contracting LLCThe job was completed on time.?The workers and contractors were very meticulous about cleaning up after themselves daily. Great care was taken not to disrupt the lives of my family. Mike did a wonderful job working with me to get the result exactly as I wanted it. The work was beautiful and it has changed the whole dynamic of my home. We are all very happy with the work. Additionally, even after the finished project Mike did not hesitate to come back for punch work that came up even months later. I absolutely plan to use Commonwealth Contracting on my next house project
- Commonwealth Contracting LLCMike Eippert, the contractor, was honest, dependable, on time, polite and always answered my phone calls. I would recommend Mike Eippert highly to anyone that needs a contractor who is very skilled and takes a lot of pride in his profession. He also is reasonable in charges for his jobs.
- Commonwealth Contracting LLCMike and his crew were extremely courteous and committed to the successful completion of my project. The only hiccup in the job was with the sheetrocking. The subcontractor did a wonderful job with sheetrock, but slung mud all over the brand new hardwood floor. One call to the general contractor was all it took to make it right, and I was assured that there would be no further problems like that. Mike's crew was very responsive to every change order that I and my interior designer threw at them, and they didn't overcharge me for them. Mike is the most professional contractor I have ever worked with, and it the end I had a fantastic new living space and a very fair price. I would definitely use this contractor again and will recommend him every chance I get
- Commonwealth Contracting LLCThe contractor was very easy to communicate with from start to finish. The contract was clearly written and easy to negotiate. He was very responsive via email and text, which is very important to me. We did have problems which were mainly weather related because it was very wet and cold during much of the work, which we started in January. In hindsight, it would have been better to wait until the first of March to start these projects. However, it was unusually cold and wet for Charleston SC. As with any other construction project we have done, there were a few problems. Mainly the problem was getting the painting complete on the front porch renovation. Apparently the wood was wet. However, the contractor was willing to take the wood out and start over but I opted to let it dry out and have him come back and repaint. This apprach took longer but it worked and he also corrected a couple of other painting errors. The contractor gave us a credit for a future project because of this trouble with the painting
- Keystone Landscaping & Design LLCMy yard was...well, UGLY. It has been for a long time. I finally decided to do something about it. First I had 2 rather large pine trees removed. They were preventing the grass from getting any sun, and were soaking up most of the moisture in the soil. Removing the trees resulted in a really unsightly mess. The folks at Keystone cleaned it all up, raked the whole area and smoothed out the soil. Then they laid new sod. They arrived and went right to work...three of them for a rather labor intensive job. It went very well and they were fast and efficient. After they finished I was given care instructions. I thought it was a bit expensive but I do like the way it looks now (and my neighbors probably do too!). In the end I am glad I hired Keystone to do the work and I will have them back when I need any kind of landscaping/yard work
Masonry Contractors in Summerville
- Business Description:The Driveway Company has been in business for over thirty years. We are covering all of Beaufort County, Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Kiawah Island and the Savannah, GA area. We can travel out of this area if an opportunity becomes available especially on Military Bases. I wanted to bring this company to your attention since concrete and asphalt repair are so much more affordable than replacement. I have been in the construction and concrete business for over twenty-five years now. I hav..
- Business Description:Additional Address: 4535 Wesley Road, P.O. Box 105Recent Review:Jason took my sketch and was able to install the backyard we wanted. He is great to work with as is his crew. They came early every day and left late...really hard workers. When they were done they cleaned up and left the backyard looking greatThomas B.
- Business Description:Jaime Raymundo: Pavers and More is a local contractor in North Charleston specializing in paver installation. Jaime Raymundo is the owner and has experience with the following: * Installing pavers for walkways, patios, driveways, and pool decks. * Building retaining walls * Concrete * Bluestone and Travertine * French drains * Fences * Landscaping: mulch and lawn mowing.
- Business Description:Keystone Landscaping & Design, LLC is a full service landscaping company. We are family owned and operated. At Keystone we listen to our customers wants and needs. The Keystone family takes as much time with our lawn accounts as we do with our designing of landscapes. We keep our prices competitive if not cheaper. Let us give you your next estimate it will be your last. Additional Contact name: Joan JohnstoneRecent Review:Keystone landscaping is AWESOME! Would use not other service. Joan and Jon were more than just our lawn care, they became our friends. Highly recommended. Thanks Joan and Jon for everything you did. The lawn looks greatBruce R.
- Business Description:My business is family owned. My father has also been in construction all of his life. I received my education from working for and with him thru the years. I opened my company up in 1998 and I have a lot of hands on experience along with good business relations with customers. First and most important, when I agree on a contract with a customer, the job is discussed in detail with each other and the price is set to be fair. No surprises at the end of the construction job with big costs to the..
- Business Description:Welcome to Jv’s AnyNeeds we offer handyman services, Construction,Demolition,Remodeling and almost anything in general. We stride to get the job done at the best price and time frame that works for you! Also with the best attitudes and work effort. Contact me directly at 8542121531 Joey with Jv’s AnyNeeds and I look forward to hearing from you!Recent Review:They did a very good job. He did what I asked him to do and they were able to clean up 2 separate buildings completely. They communicated well and got it done in a day. I like his personality. It's hard to find people like him nowadays. I would love to use his service againAdelle C.
- Business Description:FREE 3D Design Consultation for Angie's List Members, Call Now! Anthony & Sylvan has been building swimming pools in North Carolina and South Carolina for more than 20 years and across the U.S. for more than 70 years. Because of this experience, we have the knowledge and know-how to build your dream pool. Whether you are looking to build a concrete pool or a fiberglass pool, our design consultants will help guide you through the many decisions that come along with building a pool – ensuring y..Recent Review:A+ experience from day one! We had nothing short of an excellent experience with Anthony & Sylvan here in Greater Raleigh! Since the first design meeting with Brandon McNamara, to the completed product with Sam Snipes leading the project management efforts, we have been thrilled and excited about our pool. Their reputation as a company has proven to be spot on and they hit every project milestone with accuracy and efficiency, without sacrificing the quality that they promised. Not only did they do their jobs, but they became trusted advisors throughout the process. Highly recommend and thank you very muchKevin P.
- Business Description:New Home Construction and Remodeling . Located in Summerville SC, we service the greater Charleston area. We specialize in ICF construction. We do foundations to roofing and everything in between.Recent Review:Apex did an amazing job on our master bath! We cannot believe how it has transformed! Paul and his crew were always on time, and the job was completed within our timeframe. We plan to use Apex for all of our future projectsCorey R.
- Business Description:Masonry and hard scape specialist Alternate Phone: (843) 285-8277Recent Review:John is very polite and professional. He returned calls on a prompt basis and his follow-up was always “on time” as scheduled. He provided a clear and concise estimate and did not vary from the cost. He always addressed my inquiries in the most concise and transparent manner. I found him to be an honest man and a fine mason. We were very pleased with the quality of his workElizabeth K.
- Business Description:ace fireplace & chimney is a sole proprietorship owned and operated locally for over 25 years in the low country servicing all types of wood burning fireplaces , all types Of masonry repairs, fireplace and chimney specialists Insurance: BAG - 104197Recent Review:I've used Ace twice. The first time was in the winter we needed the fireplace cleaned out. He did a great job and made some recommendations and told me what would need to be fixed/replaced in the next couple years, but he wasn't pushy at all. Also, when I called he said he could come out within a week, whereas the other places I called told me it would be around 3 months before they could show up, which meant I would maybe get a months use out of my fireplace. He was cheaper and obviously much quicker, and he did a great job. Also, once it started getting warmer we started having a smokey smell in the living room. I texted him about replacing the damper (something he said last visit would last through the winter but we would need to replace it soon), and he came out within a week and cleaned out and installed the damper. I will definitely call him back out if I need anything else with my fireplacElizabeth K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Summerville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 1 Source Services of SC3503 Palm Blvd
Isle Of Palms, South Carolina 29451
- 1 Source Services of SC
- Aardvark Yard Work8784 Auburn Dr
Charleston, South Carolina 29406
- ACE Chimney508 Sparkleberry Lane
Ladson, South Carolina 29456
- Ahearn Construction LLC206 Glebe Rd
Summerville, South Carolina 29485
- Anthony & Sylvan Pools9201 Southern Pine Blvd. Suite C
Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
- Apex Contractors LLC155 Roberts Rd
Summerville, South Carolina 29483
- Artwork Masonry Construction4520 Wesley Rd
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina 29576
- Ashbusters Chimney Service9433 Hwy 78 Ste C6
Ladson, South Carolina 29456
- Aardvark Yard Work
- IGLG HARDSCAPE & DESIGNS
Walterbor, South Carolina 29488
- IGLG HARDSCAPE & DESIGNS
- Jaime Raymundo: Pavers and More5225 W Montague Ave Lot 103
North Charleston, South Carolina 29418
- JMR REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC104 LAEL CT
Moncks Corner, South Carolina 29461
- John O Syrjala Jr107 Longbow Ln.
Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445
- Just Right Improvements,LLC1227 Hawthorne Rd.
HANAHAN, South Carolina 29410
- JV's Any Needs2060 N Main St
Summerville, South Carolina 29486
- Jaime Raymundo: Pavers and More
- Owen's Construction134 Oakside Dr. 16
Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445
- Owen's Construction
- The Driveway Company50 Walling Grove Rd
Beaufort, South Carolina 29907
- Thomas Evans Custom Building and Renovations, Inc.2584 John Boone Ct
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29466
- Tricounty Mason LLC707 Quintan St
Summerville, South Carolina 29483
- The Driveway Company
- Urban Elements Beautification and Restoration2437 Castlereagh Rd
Charleston, South Carolina 29414
- Urban Elements Beautification and Restoration
- Y & B Construction LLCP.O.Box 701
Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445
- Y & B Construction LLC