SPECIAL ADDITIONS INC

Summerville, SC 29483

remodeler...

06/18/2020

Harriet P.

Had pool enclosure done in 2004, very happy with work. Several years later had a frame for solar panels, and installation, very good. March 2002. Problem with roof, wanted to stay with same company. Called explained problem, told it would be several weeks. Called back 3-4 later, ? lost in the shuffle? no, coming the following week, never showed or called. June 15, called, got some one who sounded new, but would find answer, never called. Tuesday, June 16th, called, got some one who I felt was knowledgeable, oh, some one is coming Wednesday June 17th. I explained I had an appointment, would be gone 11:00am to 1:30 am, would it be before or after - would let me know, but please send video or photos. Sent very clear video, received and acknowledged. Never called. Call , left message Wednesday am - before or after appointment- no answer. Went to appointment, all within stated time, had someone here at the house-just in case- no one came. I was home the entire rest of the day and night, and have been so since, and no call, tests or whatever. I will now forget them and find someone else.

Description of Work
Pool enclosure

Category home builders, accountant, sunrooms

05/23/2017

jane W.

They started work in October and would show up periodically to work on the job. They finally finished this job at the end of January. Before the project was finished, Chris and his crew had to fix the porch roof because it was leaking. He tested it with our hose and it was fine. On February 7, Chris and his crew came by unannounced for a final walk through and presented us with the bill. My wife wrote a final check paid in full. That same night we had a hard rain and the roof was leaking again. I called the next day and left a message with the office that our roof was still leaking. No response. I waited and called two weeks later. No response. In mid-March our roof went from leaking in two places to four places. It was then the middle of March and we still weren't able to use our porch and it was finished at the end of January. I called again and left a message that our roof is now leaking in four places. No response. We had to hire a licensed contractor to fix the problem because I knew Special Additions would not contact us. I would not recommend this company for anyone to ever use. It took too long to build and they do not stand behind their work.

Description of Work
We hired Special Additions to convert a screened porch to a sunroom and convert our deck to a screened porch.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

05/30/2016

Daniel H.

Awesome - project very well explained, workers were very good, quality was excellence, price was right

Description of Work
Build patio

05/30/2016

Daniel H.

Very happy with work done. No issues with the quality of the install and all completed in 2 days. They took the initiative to move an existing light around that was blocked by the new porch. VERY HAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY

Description of Work
Built a 10 ft by 12ft screened in porch on an existing concrete pad. Added a roof over the existing concrete pad. Installed one door and ceiling fan as well as moved some existing exterior lights.

03/26/2016

Mary K.

Job was done within a month of signing the estimate/proposal. Crew arrived and went straight to work. Installation took about a half day. They vacuumed the porch when they were done,wiped done the frames and panels. Everything was cleaned up. The crew boss then walked us through the use and operation of the panels and how to clean them. They were quick,efficient and professional. Would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Added EZ Breeze window system to 12x12 screened porch. Asked for estimate. Rep came out within 2 days of call and gave written estimate. Did not try to oversell product but answered all our questions with no hesitation. Provided options on porch door upgrades over and above companion EZ Breeze cabana door.

03/24/2016

Valerie S.

One of the things I liked was they used their own employees, not sub contractors. Their workers were professional and very accommodating. We had a wall light we were planning to put up and after the guys left one day saw they went ahead and did it for us.Finished product was very nice. Had a couple areas leak and they came over and took care of it. Last month a gust of wind blew a patio umbrella over and it fell into the screening, popping the screen out of it's ribbing. I called Specialty Additions and by the time I got home someone stopped by and fixed it. No charge. So overall very happy. We love sitting out in the screen room. It's a nice place for that after work cocktail and it really helps out when we have family over.

Description of Work
Special Additions added a 10x14 ft screen room off the back of our house.

03/08/2016

Justin A.

We wanted a screen porch off the back of our house, but stick-built would have been prohibitively expensive and all the aluminum porches we had seen looked cheap. Special Additions showed us a gable-roofed, shingled porch that looked great and didn't break the bank. While they were a little hard to get in touch with at certain points while we were waiting for permits, once work started it went up quickly. The only issue we had with the construction was they installed the doors opening the wrong direction and there were gaps between the sides and roof that let bugs in. They came back to fix both things very quickly and we are happy with the end product.

Description of Work
Built aluminum screen porch.

03/03/2016

Melvin G.

Description of Work
Excellent company, excellent customer service. Reasonable price.

08/18/2015

Melvin G.

Description of Work
Installed roof and screening on my 8X10 patio. Took about 60 days between acceptance of quote and completion of the job. The workmanship appears to be good; with exception to the installation of the ceiling fan. It wobbles and makes a knocking sound. Appears to be coming loose from the ceiling...

07/14/2015

Debbie M.

We had them put on an addition to our house. They did really good work. When we had a problem, they came right away and fixed it. They are quick people that our friends of ours liked it so much that they actually had an addition done themselves. They came out October last year. They poured a foundation and added a fourteen and a half foot addition to our home and screened in windows as well so we could have an openness screen room or we could have it closed with windows or both. It is hurricane resistant. For what we had done, it cost $19,000 but that was a good price because we had some people that had given us estimates to do something similar and one of them wanted $45,000 so the price was a very good from Special Additions. Thay have a lifetime guarantee to their work and if anything happens to our windows, they will replace them. If you have a problem, they will come out and repair. The only thing is that there were delays and it was because of the weather. Their office is very responsive. I would use them again in the future. We have something more we want to add, but I am not sure if we have enough space to add.

Description of Work
They poured a foundation and added a fourteen and a half foot addition to our home and screened in windows as well.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms, foundation repair

06/01/2015

Kathleen J.

The room in larger at approximately 350 sq feet. They did an exceptional job and we would absolutely recommend them. There were a few minor gaps in communication, but the product, price, quality and superior craftsmanship cannot be beat! Super impressed.

Description of Work
A new screen room added onto our home.

03/29/2015

Gerald M.

job was started and completed on schedule. Good quality work and on budget. Also assisted with electrical and air conditioning work (arranged or completed themselves).

Description of Work
installed sunroom where screened porch had been

02/11/2015

Donna K.

The installation went well. The problem was with the office itself, getting a firm date. After signing the contract we waited months, calling and receiving no answer. Finally we were in contact with Eric (I think) who said a crew would be by on Friday. The office called and said no, they were behind because of all the rain and they were shorthanded and she would contact with a new date which she never did. My husband was outside Monday morning and lo and behold, the crew from Special Additions showed up without calling to let us know. Anyway from then on, the install went well and we are very pleased with our sun porch. We did have some leaks which they did come back and fix (still with the scheduling issues) and everything was fixed to our satisfaction. One of the installers said they had a lot of problems with other installers out sick and the constant rain delays which is understandable. I just wish the office would have been better at communicating that to us.

Description of Work
Installed a screen porch.

01/09/2015

Deborah M.

The entire process went very smoothly, from the estimate and measuring to the installation. We really appreciated the fact that the company did all of the work to get HOA approval for the project. The installers worked quickly, answered all of our questions, and cleaned up after they were finished. Now we have a beautiful sunroom that gives us more usable space and adds value to our home.

Description of Work
We had a screened porch converted to a sunroom.

06/10/2014

Susan P.

It went very well. They were patient through the permitting process. We needed 2 variances and they took some time to acquire. The workers were clean, respectful of our home/yard and thorough. There were a couple of small issues and they were resolved quickly. The only negative I had was that they would show up without giving me a call first. So, be sure to firm that detail up with them.

Description of Work
Built a gorgeous sunroom onto our home. It is unique and versatile.

01/12/2014

Sandra M.

The quote was about $1,000 higher than other companies offering the same or comparable product. But to be honest, the thing that was offputting after comparing companies was the fact that the owner gave me 4 pages of information, for lack of better term, bad mouthing a competitor and his business practices with his former companies. I just didn't find that professional. I believe he thought that he was trying to help us from making a mistake but it kind of made him look desperate for business. No money is being put upfront and if the job is not well done than we don't pay so why wouldn't we go with the less expensive company? Scott, the sales rep at the home show was very nice and he didn't say anything derogatory that I can remember. we decided to go with the other company.

Description of Work
We had requested a quote to enclose our porch with vinyl windows. They were on time and gave me a quote. Very nice.

06/06/2013

philip F.

Ten plus years ago, my wife wanted an enclosure for our inground pool. I contacted and quot;SPECIAL ADDITIONSand quot;, signed a contract, their workers showed up at the agreed upon time and date, dug a new foundation, poured the concrete, and erected our pool enclosure. This was without a doubt one of the best purchases we have made. Now all these years later, I poke a hole in one screen and needed it repair, so I called SPECIAL ADDITIONS, talked to Eric, he don't worry about it, I will have someone there to repair it, AT NO CHARGE! THIS IS REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was willing to pay for their service, but this is the level of service everyone can expect. I was AMAZED at with their work at the beginning, truly professional, to service after the sale.

Description of Work
repaired a screen for pool enclosure.

01/09/2013

Cheryl B.

Found this company on Google. Got estimates from them and one other company. Special Additions gave us a better price, comparing the materials each company told us they would use, as well as overall cost. The owner, Eric, was very helpful, doing all the paperwork to submit for HOA and town permits. Did the installation when he promised it, answered all questions, and the work went smoothly. Also cleaned up when finished.t I would certainly recommend this company. My experience with them was great!

Description of Work
Replaced a screened porch wall with vinyl window sliders and fixed glass panels, as well as locking storm door. Also insulated the ceiling of the porch.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

11/19/2012

James A.

The project was well built and on a fairly good time frame. There were some starts and stops in the schedule, but it proceeded along. There was one related door replacement which did not happen but the door was odd sized and the manufacturer no longer in business and we could not find a replacement to fit the opening.

Description of Work
Removed existing landing and steps. Provided footings and framing for wood deck, installed wood deck, new stairs and landing. Installed insulated metal panel flat roof and screened enclosure on new wood deck. Provided documents for homeowners association approval and provided permits and inspections from local jurisdiction.

08/15/2012

stephen B.

I never got past the first meeting. I never got a phone call, an e-mail or any sort of estimate from Special Additions after several calls to the company. Very dissappointed!

Description of Work
I am planning on adding on a screened in patio off the back of my house. While I was driving around one day, I saw "Special Additions" on the road, stopped and gave him my name and number. He called me within 24 hours and we set up an appointment. He was on time for the estimate and gave his presentation. We were both polite with one another and he said he would e-mail me the estimate and that was the last I ever heard from them. I called several times to have the owner call me back or e-mail me the estimate...but nothing ever became of it. I never did get that phone call or the estimate. I was/am very disappointed and confused on why I never heard anything back from them.

07/26/2012

Jodi M.

He was here when he said he would be, all of the workers were very nice, didn't have any problems with them at all. All the work was done just as Eric had described it would be. He even took care of getting the building permit and submitting all the information to our HOA for approval. We never had to do any of that work. They even installed the ceiling fan/light and they put in and moved our doggie door. The doggie door move was our idea and Eric told us that he'd move it for us. Was an easy job and wouldn't take them long to complete. He didn't even charge us extra to move it. After everything was completed, Eric came back a few days later to make sure everything was good. We found a couple of things that needed attention. Eric and the crew came back the next day and took care of the few minor items. We paid him after everything was completed. He never asked for any money up-front. Very good businessman. Would definitely recommend Special Additions for a home project.

Description of Work
Eric and Special Additions put a screened porch on our existing deck.We also had them add a extension to our work shed and an area on the back for tools.

11/27/2010

JAMES A.

Time from order to installation was quicker than expected. High quality work -- they didn't damage any planting around the porch, they did a professional installation, and they cleaned up and hauled away the debris. Overall I would say an excellent project.

Description of Work
Special Additions installed a "PGT Eze-Breeze" porch enclosure. This is a porch screening system with a four track sliding panels of made of 10 mil vinyl. We picked this system as a compromise between having the porch totally open, and creating a dedicated sun-room. Special Additions took the measurements, order the custom-sized enclosures, demolished the existing screens and railings, and installed the system.

11/05/2008

sherie C.

Their pricing was very good. They were timely. They were professional and easy to work with. When we had a problem when a window seal leaked, they took about six months to call us back.

Description of Work
Special Additions came out and built a sunroom on to our house.

08/22/2008

SALLY M.

As far as the quality of the work performed by Special Additions, it was excellent. The big problem was the length of time it took to complete the project. The salesman came to our home in April and estimated the project would be completed by the end of June. The sunroom was not completed until the end of August. The customer service portion of the company was really lousy. We would have to call each week to find out what was going on and when they would be able to start the actual work on the sunroom. Sometimes they wouldn't even call back. It was very frustrating calling each week to get them to call us back to tell us what was going on.

Description of Work
We had a sunroom built.

07/16/2007

PAUL C.

I really liked the fact that they stayed on schedule. They showed up everyday on time and were very respectful while in my home. They were decent to deal with and were hard workers. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They built my Florida room which is 28x46x28x21 feet in size. It has a total of 1028 square feet. They made it out of high quality Aluminum and screening. It covers my pool area.

Category accountant, sunrooms

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Deaville Roofing & Const LLC

Deaville Roofing & Construction is a family owned & operated business in business more than 30 years! We specialize in all roofing aspects, windows, skylights, decks and more and offer financing options for your convenience. It is our mission to make sure that you experience outstanding customer service and complete satisfaction. Our crew's attention to detail and quality service is what has made our company a roofing industry leader. We are accredited with the BBB, are fully licensed and insured, offer a 10-year labor warranty and a lifetime warranty on materials and offer free consultations and on-site estimates! Please call us today today for your free quote!

Offers by Deaville Roofing & Const LLC on Angi
    Coastal Siding & Windows Inc

Coastal Siding and Window's owner has over 37 years experience in the remodeling business, and has been exceeding the expectations of Charleston homeowners for 23 years. We specialize in adding both beauty and value to the exterior of our clients’ homes with high performance siding, windows, soffit, fascia, and more. We use only the most trusted brands, and the quality of our workmanship is unparalleled in the industry. Contact the professionals at Coastal Siding and Windows for more information on how we can help make your home look brand new while also reducing your energy costs with our energy star compliant products. We aren’t satisfied until you are – we invite you to put us to the test.

Accountants/Tax Consultants

SWIMMING POOL ENCLOSURES, SCREEN PORCHES, PATIO COVERS, CARPORTS, PORCH ENCLOSURES, & VINYL ENCLOSURES.