Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Johns Island, SC
There are 13 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Johns Island
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural RepairThe whole process from start to finish exceeded my expectations. Banda and Brandon were great. They went the extra mile and even went over and above on a few items. I plan to hire Falcone again and could not have been any more impressed.
- Mount Valley Foundation ServicesNormally, I’m not a fan of leaving negative reviews like this. But, I’ve never had a company treat me this poorly in my 31 years on this earth. Something needs to be said. First, the crew’s behavior was completely unacceptable - They left cigarette butts and food wrappers all over my lawn, constantly wasted my time being late, broke all of the vent covers to my crawlspace, and literally screamed the words “f**king p**sy” in front of a bunch of neighborhood kids (among many, many other things). Do not trust these people in your home. Second, the job itself was completely botched, and I have the City of Charleston inspection notes to prove it. Among other things, they only encapsulated part of the crawlspace, left standing water everywhere, set up the dehumidifier wrong, and they “installed” a jack under the house so poorly that I could literally push it out of place with one finger. Understandably, I got fed up and asked how I could go about cancelling the job. They never responded to that question – I didn’t hear from them for almost 4 months after asking. So, I hired a local company to clean up their mess, at no small expense, and went on with my life. Then, out of the blue, after 4 months, they reached out and threatened to put a lien on my home if I didn’t pay up. Just to be clear, they never even sent me a bill, and they still had my $2500 deposit. I didn’t owe them a dime (if anything I want my **** deposit back). Yet, here they are making threats. And that, my friends, is why I’m writing this review. It’s understandable if your crew drops the ball with a customer – not every job is going to go right, and even good employees have bad days. But, if you treat paying customers like absolute garbage, eventually people are going to speak up. Take your money somewhere else, Charleston. Plenty of local companies who will do right by you
- Carolina Air Care LLCAndy did an excellent job of estimating the job and insuring installation was completed on schedule and satisfaction of work.
- A-ProsealAll 3 jobs performed very well. So far so good. Workers professional, courteous and constantly cleaning . Don’t be afraid to hire these guys. Prices fair, workers and jobs done professionally. Definetly recommend 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
- Palmetto Environmental SolutionsChad, Cameron and their team are super helpful and professional. Emails and phone calls were answered promptly and all questions were answered knowledgeably. After inspecting my crawlspace PES (Palmetto Environmental Solutions) discovered mold and high moisture along with dripping wet duct work. The AC vents going into the house were wet with condensation as was the floor. PES explained that wet wood and damp conditions attract mold, wood damaging fungi, and potentially termites or wood rot. Removal of old insulation and vapor barrier, treating the mold/fungi, encapsulating the crawlspace, and installing a dehumidifier was proposed. The crew did a very good job of cleaning up the old insulation and vapor barrier. I was impressed with the preparation of the space and detail. The walls and floor were covered and a dehumidifier was installed. It all looks so clean and neat. Our crawlspace is dry already and my air conditioning seems to be running better. We are very pleased with the work performed and now have peace of mind that our crawlspace will be safe from any mold, moisture or wood rot issues in the future
- Goose Creek Heating & AirWorkers arrived on schedule and worked steadily for two days. Cleanup went well. Vapor barrier, however, was carelessly laid down and Goose Creek quickly dispatched a team to remedy the deficiency. One peculiarity was that the data sheet containing model and serial number was permanently stuck upside down on the air handler, making it extremely difficult -- but not impossible -- to read. Goose Creek management, when it finally responded to my complaint, gave assurances that the upside down printing made no difference in quality. But I was not happy
- Goose Creek Heating & AirThese guys are top notch. Kiwi and Jason did most of the work, and they were two of the nicest, hardest working young men I've met in a long time. Chaz and Neil were also extremely helpful. We did incur one minor misunderstanding, but it was immediately resolved - I could not have asked for more. I recommend this company and will use them again when it comes time to replace our aging HVAC units
- Healthy-Crawl SpaceI have a construction background but was unfamiliar with encapsulation as I just moved to Georgia. After extensive review of the encapsulation systems that were available in the area, and the price difference, I concluded the Crawl Space Doctor was a good fit. The main reason I chose the Crawl Space Doctor was because of their system. The other system was double the cost of the Crawl Space Doctor, so I carefully reviewed the difference and felt I would be getting equal benefits. I selected a 90 mil film for my project. Greg was very prompt and articulate in explaining his system and how his team would complete the work. Greg and his team did excellent work. They took out all of the debris under the house, informed me of a few problems they detected and repaired, then went to work putting the encapsulation system in place. They were very efficient. The crawlspace is doing exactly what I expected. The benefits of the Crawl Space Doctor's system are these: I am breathing better air quality. I am noticing a difference in the temperature of the house with reduced cooling costs, and expect the same on my heating costs. My insulation and floor joists are no longer moist and susceptible to mold. My heating and cooling ductwork will last longer with the humidity gone from the area. The dehumidifiers Greg put in do not run continuously, they will cycle off once the humidity desired point is reached. My hardwood flooring will not buckle in the future due to excessive humidity. My vents are now permanently sealed so rodents can't come into the house in the winter. I have peace of mind knowing my home is more protected with an encapsulation. It is a no brainer product in that it is a good investment all around. I would highly recommend Greg and his team at the Crawl Space Doctor. He has been doing encapsulations for years and is an expert in the field. His team does the work, but he personally oversees the project. You are in good hands with Greg McBride of the Crawl Space Doctor!! You will not regret spending less for top quality
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCEverything went well. Caroline Aire dryed out underneath the house and installed a very heavy vapor barrier. They sprayed inside the house with a safe chemical. They used dehumidifiers to dry up all the moisture. They did a great job. I was very pleased and will use them again if needed.
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCJoel and his crew were very professional throughout the entire process. They responded immediately to all questions and concerns and made it clear that my being satisfied with their work was their priority.
Basement Waterproofers in Johns Island
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:Great if great isn’t good enough then don’t ask me to answer the questionDaniel Z.
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:Made sure all was properly installed and working appropriatelyWinston K.
- Business Description:Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe homeRecent Review:Interestingly, I had a very similar experience to another reviewer who had a quote done by a Canty salesperson. Let me just preempt that I don't go out of my way to write a negative review. It really has to be something where I morally feel I need to warn others on "Buyer Beware". This is exactly that type of review. And to be clear, the other negative review was read for the first time 2 days after my appointment. I do not jump on bandwagons. This is my actual experience. Like the other reviewer, the "saleperson", a friendly, energetic, good-looking, well-dressed young fellow came out and did a measurement of the perimeter. He went under into the crawl space but was there for 30ish minutes. This pales in comparison to other (literally 4 foundation companies) who went under and spent quality time inspecting 23 piers. When the salesperson emerged from the crawlspace, it was "Whew! That is really bad!! Your house won't stay up for another 2 years!!". This is a 1930s house that has dry-stacked piers - hasn't moved yet! But let's put that aside. He proceeded to tell me that I need to replace ALL 23 piers at $900.00 per pier, a $20,700 quote!! Here's the kicker: Remember I had several companies in already to look at my foundation. Not one company said I need to replace ALL piers. Instead they each gave very realistic view of my foundation. I had one huge competitor who was in my crawlspace for 3 hours and he gave an in-depth write-up along with a diagram of where my piers sat and his recommendations along with optional recommendations. An 8 page write up and he wasn't close to being the highest quote. But not Canty! Canty does not give your an analysis of your existing foundation. Canty does NOT offer solutions. THEY DO NOT REPAIR!! They only replace! He did not go over issues individually because it did not matter to him. He was going for the full replacement based upon his "warranty". More on that in a sec. Had I known, I would have never made an appointment with them which I waited over 3 weeks for. How absolutely greedy can you be? My other 4 companies all averaged between $6K-$10K. This salesperson's excuse? "Well we warranty it so we have to do them all". No dear, you warranty the product not the items you do not do. Your logic and the rebuttal you have been fed to serve to customers does not apply to an educated researched person. Lastly, they use a jack-system but only warranty it for 25 years. Huh? 25 years? They say its the manufacturer's warranty but Canty does not warranty at all. I would hope my house stays up for another 25, 50, 100+, years but you saying on the 26 year, I may be looking at another $20,000 estimate from Canty because you can't guarantee the quality of your product? This is not a car. This is a house! No thank you! You clearly don't stand behind your product. You clearly don't do what is in the best interest of the customer. And you will never have my business! If this review helps one household to look at their full scope options, research and educate yourself on what is the real issues with your foundation and then make the best decision (whether its Canty or not), this review has done its job. Please do your researchDana A.
- Business Description:BNS Services has over 10 years of combined experience in Foundation repair Field. We are a licensed and insured contractor that specializes in crawlspace repair and foundation work. My team has vast knowledge in the areas of encapsulation, moisture damage, sump pump, floor jack and joist repairs. We provide free estimates. We also provide pressure washing services including driveways and roof cleaning. Give us a chance to help you.Recent Review:The services were well-done and timely. The workers were easy to work with and pleasant to be around. They surveyed and analyzed the problems and gave a fair estimate of the cost to repair. They were a joy to work withNorma H N.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is..Recent Review:They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank youmari m.
- Business Description:At Healthy Crawl Space, we serve our customers with the best value for our high-quality work. Call today for a free no pressure Estimate!
- Business Description:Bradley Construction is one of the premier construction companies in Greenville, SC and the surrounding areas. We are locally owned and operated full service construction contractors. We live and work in this community and believe in treating our neighbors and customers the same way that we would like to be treated - with integrity, honesty, and respect. We strive to provide you with the highest quality service and always go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. At Bradley Construct..Recent Review:Considering the fact that I had 3 different contract jobs going on simultaneously, I feel the job went extremely well. Bradley Construction and their subs did a very good job on my home and were always friendly and courteous. I would recommend these folks to anyone in the area.Lee S.
- Business Description:Palmetto Environmental Solutions specializes in mold testing, mold remediation, and crawl space solutions. Call us for interior mold issues, crawlspace encapsulations, and commercial preventative treatments. Our business is dedicated to making the air in homes and businesses cleaner. We offer warranties for our work. Call today to set up an inspectionRecent Review:Amazing company! Al Joseph was quick and answered all my concerns. His team, Chris Blue, Chris and Josh were on time, professional and thorough. I can reach out and be confident I will get a quick response if needed. I had a terrible mold issue and Palmetto Environmental Solutions was effective, efficient with an outstanding reliable team who cares about their clients. Thank you! Highly recommend themCindy H.
- Business Description:My business is family owned. My father has also been in construction all of his life. I received my education from working for and with him thru the years. I opened my company up in 1998 and I have a lot of hands on experience along with good business relations with customers. First and most important, when I agree on a contract with a customer, the job is discussed in detail with each other and the price is set to be fair. No surprises at the end of the construction job with big costs to the..Recent Review:It was excellent and they did a really good job.Joleen K.
- Business Description:Carolina Energy Conservation is a local family owned and operated company. The company was founded under the principle to provide the residents of the Grand Strand community (and beyond) with a reliable and trustworthy company aimed at helping to reduce energy consumption as well as reducing the community’s utility bills. With our office located directly in the myrtle beach area we have been a leader in the energy improvement market since our inception in 2009Recent Review:Very well, Very neat, personable, and efficient. Very pleasedDoug R.
Deals in Johns Island for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Seabrook Island
- Kiawah Island
- Folly Beach
- Wadmalaw Island
- Sullivans Island
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston
- Adams Run
- Edisto Island
- Dewees Island
- Isle Of Palms
- Goose Creek
- Green Pond
waterproofing contractors in Johns Island
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations106 Lines St
Thomasville, North Carolina
- '58 Foundations
- Carolina Air Care LLC885 E Butternut Rd
Summerville, South Carolina
- Carolina Energy Conservation9516 Highway 707
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Charleston Remodeling Inc34 Ripplemoor Lane
Charleston, South Carolina
- CITADEL ENTERPRISES INC523 WANDO LN
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Clarks Termite & Pest Control405 Western Ln
Irmo, South Carolina
- Crawl Space Resolutions, LLC224 Miller Rd
Ridgeville, South Carolina
- Carolina Air Care LLC
- Energy One America454 Jessen Ln
Charleston, South Carolina
- Energy One America
- Goose Creek Heating & Air109 Farm Rd
Goose Creek, South Carolina
- Goose Creek Heating & Air
- JMR REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC104 LAEL CT
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
- JMR REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC
- Mills Brothers of Charleston5474 N. Rhett Avenue
N. Charleston, South Carolina
- Mount Valley Foundation Services2110 Commerce Dr
Cayce, South Carolina
- Mount Valley Foundation Services1850 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, South Carolina
- Myers Heating & A/C LLC1757 Clements Ferry Rd.
Charleston, South Carolina
- Mills Brothers of Charleston
- Name Your Price Construction129 Hanahan Plantation Cir
HANAHAN, South Carolina
- Name Your Price Construction