ABC Drain & Plumbing

Founded 1959 • With Angi since September 1999

catawba ave

Akron, OH 44301

We Clean the Customer's Drains & Not the Customer! ABC Drain and Plumbing has been servicing the Tri-County Area since 1959. Our knowledgeable staff is there to answer any questions or concerns that you may have with any of your plumbing needs.

02/10/2022

Andrea K.

ABC has postponed work at my house since August 2021. First they did not obtain proper permits, then there were scheduling issues, then their drilling company was unreliable, and the problems continue to mount without resolution. When I voiced my displeasure with them they asked to be cancelled from the job. I’ve waited 6 months. They need to finish the job.

Description of Work
Connection to city water and sewer

Category appliance repair, plumbing, wells, drain pipe

Hi [Member Name Removed] , Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take your feedback seriously, Unfortunately ABC Drain & Plumbing does not have a contract with an [Member Name Removed] Nor we haven't done any work at this address. If any questions please feel free to call office.

10/05/2020

Susan L.

Great job by ABC Drain! We had another company clean out our footer drains and were suspicious of how well they did the job. So we called ABC. Using the camera, Dustin showed us clumps of roots that were still in our footer drains. He removed all of the roots that were left by the other company. ABC did the job at less than half the cost of the other company. We will definitely use ABC again!

Description of Work
Re-do footer drain cleaning which was done by another company.

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

05/13/2020

Brooks C.

Al came out about a year ago after hours following a huge storm. My toilet was backed up and the city refused to check the external drains for trees/brush (not from my home). When he came out he was polite, professional and explained everything to me. He fixed the problem and the cost was so affordable. Fast forward a year or so and plumbing issues in my kitchen sink with the disposal. He found the problem immediately and educated me on what was likely causing the problem to avoid it in the future. Once again he was efficient and got the job done. I am definitely a forever ABC customer and would recommend them to everyone I know!! Thanks Al and ABC drain and plumbing!!

Description of Work
Sink & toilet

09/07/2018

James C.

We were scheduled for 10 but we had a medical emergency and had to cancel very last minute. Crisis was averted and called ABC back and they put us right back in cue. Their Team showed up, listened to my concerns. Promptly made a plan and within an hour had us back in flushing mode! From my initial contact through the smiling handshakes as the Team left my home, the experience was nothing less than exceptional!

Description of Work
Basement drains were backed up and slow to drain. Old home and not our first experience with this issue. Wanted to have the lines cleared from the house to the main and any other obstructions that might be found inside the house.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

11/11/2017

christine K.

came right away, worked around my schedule, very accomodating

Description of Work
shower diverter

11/11/2017

christine K.

Great, fast response in scheduling, had replacement on the truck. Fixed fast, no need to reschedule and price very reasonsble. Very satisfied, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Diverter on shower not working

07/19/2017

Mary G.

The two plumbers that came out were very professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
We had a leak in the main shut off valve to our house.

02/20/2017

Angela S.

They never showed up despite our phone call asking if they were coming.

Description of Work
Made an appointment for them to come out to give us a cost estimate. They never showed. We called and spoke to the person on the phone. We were assured they were on the way. They never came nor never called to explain what happened. Still waiting. A bit disappointing since we rearranged our schedule for this.

09/24/2016

Maureen F.

Perfect, quick and efficient service.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

06/16/2015

Lisa K.

Since I had lots of work done within about a 3 week period I met several technicians. All were WONDERFUL!!! This was the first time I used this company. I hope to not have to use them again anytime soon but if my drains have any issues (which they won't ever again, haha) they'll be the one to call. :-)

Description of Work
In May 2015, snake main home sewer line. June 2015, snake floor drain, camera down main home sewer line and also used the jetter.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

10/20/2014

Sheila C.

They were pretty good. Their prices seem fair.

Description of Work
They worked on my kitchen sink.

Category appliance repair

08/25/2014

Susan H.

Very satisfied with work completed on unclogging 2 drains.

Description of Work
Unclogging drains

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/05/2014

Linda S.

They were good. They were on time, they were pleasant and gave my mother a senior discount and they did good work. Overall they were great.

Description of Work
I used ABC Drain & Plumbing to put in a new water faucet.

04/07/2014

Heather H.

These guys are great. Period. This is the second time I've used them and when I have sewer work done in the future they'll be who I call then, too. They're professional, kind, and do thorough work. Nobody wants to have their sewer back up into their basement, but if it does happen I wholeheartedly recommend ABC Drain and Plumbing.

Description of Work
Cleaned out sewer line.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much, and we appreciate your business.

03/14/2014

PAULA S.

We used them even before I was part of Angie's List. They did what I asked them to do and I did not have any problems with anything that they did. They came back a couple of times for a couple of different projects and they charged me exactly what they told me it would be. That was just one of those things that if you have to pay it then you have to pay it. I did not have anything to compare their price to and you do what you have to do.

Description of Work
We used ABC Drain & Plumbing in March of 2013 for plumbing work like installing some outdoor spigots and changing over the shutoff valves in the basement.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much, and We appreciate your business.

02/28/2014

George B.

It went very well. It wasn't unreasonable and I was quite satisfied. I had an ice maker which the drain line for it broke and flooded my kitchen as well as the laundry room. It's just kind of an old house so all the important cut off valves needed to be replaced which they did. They were very prompt about it and very courteous. I'm happy with their work. I actually thought the price would be more, I was thinking in terms of a $1000 but it was much less than that and much less than I expected.

Description of Work
I used ABC Drain & Plumbing to repair the drain line of my ice maker and also replace some important cut off valves.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Thank you very much and We appreciate your business.

09/20/2013

Rebecca W.

Went very well, The men were very professional and cleaned up very well. Abc drain has the best prices when it comes to sewer replacement. I had estimates from other companys average around $2500.00-$5500.00.

Description of Work
Replaced my sewer line from my house to the street.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

09/09/2013

Chuck S.

I have called ABC previously, and with few exceptions, I was pleased with their prompt and professional service. So when the toilet clogged on the main floor of my home, I didn't consult anyone but ABC to help me. They said the toilet needed to be replaced, and that the old toilet was not a good model in the first place. They recommended a brand and model, and installed it by the following morning. Great recommendation, and thanks again for the great service!

Description of Work
Remove old toilet and install new toilet.

06/05/2012

Jay B.

The drain was installed too high, so it doesn't keep the yard from flooding. They initially said the drain would settle, but it didn't. A year later they declined to do anything to make it functional. They took a portion of fence down, and had to be called months later to reinstall it, which they did.

Description of Work
Had a French drain installed to fix a flooded side yard.

Category drain pipe

07/16/2009

RICK M.

I was disappointed with their last work. I had used them in the past for about 4 or 5 years and I was happy with their work. I had a motorist cause an accident to my covert under my driveway and my ditch. He basically tore it up. So I called them to give me an estimate. I am on the safe route so I had to fill out a report with Odot as to how exactly I would repair the ditch and the covert. I told them to fillout the Odot report and the same section on my insurance reply form because I wanted the exact same verbiage used. They cancelled the appointment 3 times before they came out. It took them a month to come out. They were 2 hours late when they finally showed up. The whole problem was that they had become busy for themselves. They had not grown in size but they had taken up more jobs. I gave them the forms to fill out and showed the particular line where they had to explain what they were going to replace and how they were going to do it. Ten days later I did not get the form when I called them they told me they did not know how to fill it. This time I explained it again to their office manager. Seven days later I called up again and spoke to a higher level manager. He told me that he will get the manager to mail out the forms on the same day. I received the mail 2 days later. The form was filled but they did not have any details included in it. They were expensive on their price but I was still happy with their previous jobs but this time I was not pleased with them. The accident happened on April 9th and I called them within 2 weeks. It took them through the month of May to come out and another 2 and half weeks before they sent in the forms that were not filled properly. I am now finding another company to do the work.

Description of Work
I called them to repair the ditch and the covert.

03/06/2009

Nancy M.

They are reliable. There was a part that was covered under warranty and they made me handle the warranty part. I asked them how much the part was versus the service call. They could not give me that information. I was skeptical about that. The price was kind of steep.

Description of Work
I just had them here recently for a hot water heater problem.

10/12/2008

Christine M.

The job was much cheaper than we originally thought because the company gave us a "half-price" deal because it took four days after the initial appointment to get the camera to look through the drain. On the first day they called and said they were running late, they later called in the late afternoon to say they would be there first thing the next morning. The second day they called around noon to say that their camera was stuck in someone's yard in Strongsville and had to be dug out, but they would come the next day. The third day it was still stuck in Strongsville. Finally on day four they showed up. I do not think we will use them again given the circumstances.

Description of Work
Had drains reamed and wanted a camera run from drain to street to see if there were any problematic blocks.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

10/11/2007

ANN W.

I realized a had a clog when my kitchen sink started to back up into the floor drain in my basement. ABC came out and based on my description of the problem, first tried to clean out the floor drain. That didn't work, so they moved on to the main clean out. They pulled a lot of roots out of the line, and advised me that I probably needed a new main line, which I believe. They did what they came out to do, and I was happy, until about 10:00 p.m that night. I went to do some laundry, and discovered that I had tiny spatters of sewer sludge *everywhere*: washer, walls, laundry bins, shelves full of laundry and cleaning supplies, etc. They had cleaned the floor, so that that was the only thing not covered. In fairness to the company, I never reported what I found, because the spatters were so tiny, I doubted I would be happy with anyone else's cleanup job. I didn't trust anyone else to be as thorough as I was in cleaning it up. However, they could have warned me to move stuff!

Description of Work
Snaked out main sewer line.

10/10/2007

linz G.

Thirty min late. Inferior work. A cheap laundry faucet with mismatched parts (chrome handle, polished brass faucet) was installed without showing me first. Did not follow explicit bathroom instructions with location penciled onto wall. Hot/cold water supplies were soldered together in more than 14 places to make one pipe 20" straight and one 18-1/2" straight pipe (excludes elbow joints). Hot/cold water supply lines should both be 20"; one is too short. PVC drain propped up and drops down 2" when lightly touched. Straps not installed to support pipes in open wall. Chrome shut off valves and chrome p-trap not installed. Left the job to buy supplies at Lowe's. The job was left incomplete, inferior, and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Replaced laundry room tub shut off valves and faucet. Replaced/moved plumbing for bathroom sink into open wall for remodeling.

02/22/2007

YVONNE B.

Recently, I had another company out for the same problem-the person working stated that I had galvanized pipes, and the caustic cleaner I had put down the drain might cause the pipe to break. So I did not have that company do the work. Also, that company fixed two toilets that were running. After I gave them a good rating (I should have waited) I found one of the toilets still was running. I was warned that that toilet was very old and should eventually be replaced, so I haven't called them back about the toilet still running. Then I found out I have PLASTIC pipes NOT GALVANIZED, and the work could be done safely. I decided to use ABC Drain, they were persistent, and careful not to damage my tub. They got the tub to drain. And they were patient in answering all my questions. They cleaned up, although not thoroughly. The tub drains now, but slowly.

Description of Work
Bathtub would not drain.

ClogDoc

MOST PEOPLE NEVER THINK OF THEIR DRAINS, UNTIL THEY STOP WORKING. Is your water draining slowly or at a standstill or do you hear gurgling sounds or smell a foul odor? These are all indications that the somewhere along your drain system, (possibly under a sink, inside a wall, under a floor or in your sewer line), a physical blockage is restricting the water flow. See videos and more at www.clogdoc.com

2022 Super Service Award

The Water Doctor Inc

Affordable Well Solutions by Doug Adams-The Water Doctor Inc is your local expert in Water Well Drilling service and repair. Since 1966, Doug Adams has served Stark, Summit, Portage, Medina and Wayne counties. We are the ORIGINAL Adams expert and we will be happy to take care of all of your water related needs.

As You Wish Appliance Repair

As You Wish Appliance Repair is your go-to appliance repair service in Akron, OH. We are fully licensed and insured so you can trust us to help you with your home appliance repairs. Our team is dedicated to offering quality services at competitive pricing. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We are efficient, fast and reliable. For peace of mind, we also offer a warranty with our services. Our range of appliance repair services includes home appliance repair and maintenance, home appliance diagnostic, refrigerator repair, dishwasher repair, home appliance parts, washing machine repair, washer repair, dryer repair and oven repair. We also offer discounts so talk to us about any repair services you may have. Regardless of the workload, we are here to restore your home appliances to good working condition. As You Wish Appliance Repair is your appliance repair service provider in Akron, OH. When you are in need of appliance repair or parts, talk to us. We are here to extend the life of all your home appliances. Schedule an appointment today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover