Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Vincent, OH
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Vincent
- Bowser Construction LLCWork was completed in time specified. Worked us in so we would be done before bad weather. Had one issue that the sales representative addressed quickly. Happy with end result.
- R. A. Whited ContractingRex was very professional and courteous when faced with an unfamiliar backup generator installation. He was very knowledgeable as to innovative solutions to the wiring demands required for this unique installation and overcame all the issues inherent in this one-of-a-kind service. I would HIGHLY recommend Rex to anyone needing an electrician and will use him again whenever I can read less
- Dave FisherHe gives you an honest days work and moves fast. The quality of his work is excellent. He can customize any type of cabinet or piece of woodwork. He can do everything.
- ProCo ConstructionTime frame is slow. It was supposed to be done in October and it's January. The work is A but the time frame is only a C.
- Bowser Construction LLCThe drywall ceiling of 1/2 of my double garage had collapsed due to a previous roof leak. I called and Mr. Bowser returned my call promptly and showed up quickly to give me an estimate of $2000-$2400. I thought the estimate was high, but I was anxious to have the ceiling repaired and he could have someone get materials that day and start work the next morning. Estimate to complete was 1-1/2-2 days. This project quickly went straight downhill after this. His recommendation was to replace the drywall ceiling with plywood instead of drywall and not knowing anything about construction, I was persuaded and agreed. The 2 workers that arrived (1 was only there part of the time, it was usually just one) were more like his handymen instead of actual construction workers. One even told me he had been working on shoveling snow for weeks at Mr. Bowser's rental properties. I was very disappointed with the look of the garage ceiling being 1/2 drywall and 1/2 plywood. The seams between the plywood sections stood out like a sore thumb, so when I complained they agreed to caulk the seams, they used a tinted caulk that did not match the paint of the plywood. While putting insulation above the plywood as I requested, the other worker fell through the drywall section of my ceiling. Thankfully, he was ok, but I had a huge hole in that section of ceiling! Mr. Bowser said that a board the worker was standing on broke, but the other worker had already told me that this particular man had a history of doing this and they laughed about it. Then they had to repair part of the drywall ceiling. The patch did come out pretty well, but the paint did not match the existing ceiling on that half. They then offered to paint that half of the garage, but I had a lot stored in that section of the garage which I could not clean out overnight, so I declined. The project ended up taking approx. 10 days, the 2 workers did not always work full days, and most days there was only one. On one day, I waited and nobody showed up and nobody called. It was such a pain to be up early just in case they arrived early and then be home for the length of this project that was supposed to last 2 days. When Mr. Bowser showed up afterwards to collect the money, he charged me the maximum of the estimate of $2,400, when I argued everything I was so disappointed in, he did not budge one cent. He left with the full $2,400 and I was left with a garage ceiling that I was not satisfied with. I will never use this contractor again. The workers were incompetent and unprofessional as I found one snooping through my stuff in the garage vs. working! Never, ever again! read less
- Creekside Vinyl LLCBad!! Mr. Yoder, I am disappointed, to say the least. Promises were made, in writing I might add, and not followed through with. I’m praying for a reconsideration since I have not received a check yet. I’m unsure of how you can do business with a clear conscious promising discounts for referrals, then avoid repeated requests for you to follow through on your promises. I’m so disappointed as I felt I was entering into a business contract with a reputable and honest person, as that is what you portrayed to me. My intention, if this is not properly rectified, is to contact the BBB and Post this information to the avenues available to me, with this review. Well, at first I loved them. I referred my sister which produced a sale. I was promised a percentage off. I did not get the latches I wanted, so we agreed on a latch replacement if I’d display signs for them for free advertising in my yard. They were to bring the latches down and install them with the signs. That never happened. I contacted them multiple times over the past year to get this rectified. Usually, the response was empty promises. I finally put my foot down and Floyd, the owner, said he’d send me a $50 check. Really? Over $9000 of fencing purchased and he emails that he will send a $50 Check? His stated It was because I failed to produce anymore sales in this area. What? I don’t have signs, I don’t have cards, AND I don’t have my latches! And I’m not your advertising firm! I sent business their way, but the sales didn’t pan out. That’s their job to sell the product. I held my end of the bargain. Buyer, beware. Also, my fence gates need adjusted, but the lifetime warranty does not cover that, unless they are in ‘my area’ which isn’t going to happen if they can’t produce a sale from my referrals. Which, by the way, have stopped because of this deal! Kristi We sent the check out last Friday 7-27 to 3480 N. Terrace Dr. McConnesville, Ohio 43756 Floy read less
- Brad and Sons Construction LLCTook money worked a month and a half and never came back have a judgement through washington co. Judicial system For 105,000.00 dollars he then filed for bankrupcy and i will get virtualy nothing
- Doug TinglerIt took them 8 hours to change out the door. He was an extremely slow worker. I got the impression that they were unsure about the work or they were padding their pockets. They left the doorbell off and left live wires in the wall. When I inquired about the live wires he told me that I could get a battery powered doorbell and didn't offer to fix the problem. The trim was put on backwards and they left it dirty. They used my power saw and put their tools on my countertop. I also had them do some electrical work that I later found was all done incorrectly, even though he claimed he was an expert read less
Contractors in Vincent
- Business Description:ProCo Construction, one of the Mid-Ohio Valley's leading home improvement contractors, provides its clients quality workmanship and value for the dollar with a personal touch. With nearly 20 years of experience in the home improvement business, the ProCo team takes great pride in its work - treating each client's home with the same professionalism and attention to detail as if it were their very own read lessRecent Review:Very friendly and professional. Never felt rushed even though I had a hard time making a final decision on the style we wanted. Finished project was beautiful and exactly what we were hoping for. They also cleaned everything up nicely during and after finishing the project read lessPatricia E.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:q
- Business Description:Bowser Construction is a family owned and operated business that has been in the Parkersburg area for over 35 years. We are a licensed General Contractor specializing in residential and commercial projects such as: Roofing, Window Replacements, Doors, Vinyl Siding, Kitchen and bathroom remodels, Concrete driveways and Patios, New Decks, Room Additions, also do electrical and plumbing, interior and exterior remodeling and painting. We can design your project and provide you with quality workma.. read lessRecent Review:I talked to the owner...he went to look at the property and was supposed to call back the next day....still waiting 1 week later for the return call.Linda R.
- Business Description:A little information about our company is we have been doing handyman stuff for over 20 years. I was taught by hands on while stationed in North Carolina. The gunny was a master carpenter and he taught me the trade. I have been doing this type of work ever since. We guarantee all our work and are insured. We only employ the most professional and knowledgeable employees the area has to offer. Our company uses a extensive screening process to find only the most professional and technical employ.. read less
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project) read less
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Peter K Higgs General Contractor LLC.Recent Review:He is amazing and he came to me with the lowest bid. He did the work in about three days and he did a good job. I would use him again in the future.Mike F.
- Business Description:General ContractorRecent Review:I will relate the details of the refund when it is received.Janine O.
- Business Description:Hawkins Construction is family owned business. There are 4 employees which take 100% pride in the work being performed. When dealing with large construction companies come the large bills with all the hidden costs in the billing. With Hawkins Construction billing is straight forward with a 1 year guarantee on all work performed read less
- Business Description:Additional Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Service Ohio & West Virginia. We also are willing to travel.Recent Review:I highly recommend them. There are very few firms that know how to plaster. It seems to be a lost art. However. Malone Renovations knows how to do the job. <br />Joseph L. P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Little Hocking
- Mineral Wells
- The Plains
general contractors in Vincent
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Core Development LLC2316 Fairview Avenue
Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Core Development LLC
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Gorilla Improvements46 Main St Apt. B
The Plains, Ohio
- Gorilla Improvements
- J A SCHWENDEMAN & SONS INC5859 LOWELL HILL RD
- J A SCHWENDEMAN & SONS INC
- Larry Border Contracting LLCPO Box 418
Williamstown, West Virginia
- Larry Border Contracting LLC
- Seamless Restoration5345 N Winthrop Ave A2
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Solid Rock Construction LLC, WV #050073447 Highland Ave.
Williamstown, West Virginia
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Seamless Restoration
- Tom's Painting & Home repair14084 State Route 329
- Tom's Painting & Home repair