A Brush Away Painting

Founded 1997

*Starting March 1st, for every exterior paint job, get a free power wash! Book now and get 10% off! And veterans get 15% off!* We specialize in exterior and interior painting. We also power wash exterior homes and businesses. We have been in business since 1997. Licensed and insured we stand by

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

View project

4.1

4.4

4.3

house painting (28)interior painting (19)pressure washing (14)drywall (4)cabinet refacing (3)countertop installation (3)wallpaper removal (1)

11/11/2022

Ava M.

Job went smooth and looks great! will defiantly hire again. Very professional. The owner was kind and i was happy with the work they did. Looking into another job to be done by them this spring.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 11/11/2022

10/26/2022

Jessica L.

Hired for painting of 3 rooms and they look great! Great work, done promptly and professional! Owner is easy to work worth and his workers are very polite. Currently working on exterior deck of my house as well! Very pleased:)

Description of Work
painting interior

Work Completed On 10/26/2022

Review for A Brush Away Painting  - 2895 N Moose Eye Rd, Norwich, OH - 39924520

10/17/2022

Nancy R.

I also would not recommend using this guy. My experience was also awful with him. I will NEVER use him again. It took forever to work on my house. Paid him in advance to finish front porch railing, back door stoop steps, front porch bottom step, and new cellar door. On closer inspection it looks like he didn't sand my house before painting either in various spots. Which he charged me for. So many rough spots. And his side kick painter totally ruined my star emblem on porch, never came out to fix it. The paint job on that is absolutely horrible. Gave him a check in August, and here it is October. Do not pay him up front. If he has your money he will sit on the job. Left my back steps with no top on it to step down on for weeks! Ridiculous!!! Did not replace wood around my Bilco door. I have RA so no way could I get out the back door. He won't give a work order and expects us to remember everything he babbles on with. He gouged me too. First told me he had wood he could use on front porch at no charge, then wanted more money saying he didn't have the wood, AFTER he built it. This guy is full of BS, a liar, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. He certainly doesn't know how to build steps either. Had to keep redoing my steps, and did not rebuild my back steps back the same way they were before. Last step still too high. And he knows my condition. Five days after I asked him when he was going to finish my cellar door, he said on Monday. Of course another no show...I've had it with this shyster! He needs to look that word up! He quoted me $600 bucks to finish up what I said above, which I paid him. He didn't complete the job. Oral agreements are contracts and are legal. As a contractor he should know the price of materials, or at least check them out before quoting prices. He's a very poor businessman. Wonder how many other people he gouged without them realizing it ? Also, as a business man I don't think Angie should allow contractors calling people racists. He does not know what is truly in their hearts. If they were racist they wouldn't have hired him in the first place. If he did business properly then maybe people wouldn't lose their temper. If someone has a grievance with this guy he plays the victim and race card, when he's the actual victimizer! Bad business for Angi's. Eventually no one will want to go thru Angie's company with these fly by night contractors. He has made me cringe now everytime I see Angie ads or in my email. Not good for other contractors. I placed a bad review on him prior to this one on Angie . He came over crying how I ruined his reputation. So I gave him another chance, removed the prior bad review and now pulls the same exact thing. Update: He finally sent one of his crew guys out to finish up, AFTER I said I was going to write a bad review on him. Boy did he jump on it then. It took his guy to finish attaching the bilco door no more than one half hour . Why couldn't he do this before instead of 2 months later?! Very, very unprofessional! And a thief in my opinion! In my opinion he picks and chooses who he wants to cater to, hence the good reviews he gets.

Description of Work
Exterior paint, front porch, Bilco doors and steps.

Category countertops, house painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2022

All the work that we performed on the homeowners house was done on completion and satisfactory she was happy with the job in Patterson for no problems job took a little longer than expected due to weather and workload. The only problem that we had with the homeowner is a racist remarks towards African-Americans and Mexicans we really didn’t pay too much mine because she is suffering from dementia it is on a lot of medicine. I’m sorry that your experience was not very good with us but we do quality work God bless and thank you.

09/23/2022

Jay P.

Went well done in a timely manner Thanks to Adam and his crew

Description of Work
exterior painting

Work Completed On 09/24/2022

08/26/2022

scott E.

Adam and his crew did a great job painting our house. We were looking for a professional painter to paint our brick and stone house. They did an amazing job! The price was reasonable and Adam was very attentive to what we were wanting. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
power wash paint

Work Completed On 08/26/2022

06/27/2022

Nancy R.

Pretty good despite all the rainy days. Looks great, lots of compliments !

Description of Work
power wash paint exterior

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

Thank you! Appreciate your business!!

06/17/2022

Jill L.

The actual workers Tim and Gage did a good job. I was over charged for the job $6200.00 but shame on me I signed the contract. The owner Adam was completely unprofessional and immature. He violated the contract by asking me to pay for the job before it was completed because he was headed to Disney on vacation. The workers ran out of paint, so I had to supply my credit card to get the paint. I was called a ***** by the owner. He also insinuated I was a racist trying to bring a successful black man down. Adam told me to stop being a "Karen"!! That I was a bully and he was not scared of me. I paid the bill in full and was not reimbursed for the paint I purchased. I will not hire this company again nor will I believe Angi List reviews. Check out this company on Yelp and Home advisor.

Description of Work
power wash house, paint front porch, back screened in porch and pavillion

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Officer [Member Name Removed]; I do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. The job was completed and looks wonderful. And yes I did leave for vacation with my family; sorry again for inconvenience that caused you. The response to the “bully” remark was after I was called a “m***** f*****” which was overheard by my wife and 3 children, and this was after you refused to pay the contract price. The contract states clear that the customer is to supply the paint, you signed directly beside this area. Racist…yes very much so you are after the racist comments that were made to the workers; your review is clear where your stance is. Not one complaint about the job. Only the African American Owner. The only thing correct here was that I would not believe all of Angie List Reviews, as you are one of them. Thank you again for your business

04/26/2022

Gail T.

Excellent job, very reasonable quotes, reliable & service oriented work. This is the second time they have painted for me & I will continue to refer them to others without hesitation.

Description of Work
power wash and paint

Work Completed On 04/29/2022

04/07/2022

Sheila E.

Great job. Adam and his crew did a wonderful job painting the exterior of my house. It turned out better than I thought possible considering the age of my home and the condition of the exterior. I highly recommend A Brush Away Painting.

Description of Work
power wash paint exterior

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

What a wonderful Homeowner it was a great experience pain in your house. Thank you for having us.

03/22/2022

WILLIAM L.

it went great very professional, on time, very neat and friendly would hire again thank you Adam

Description of Work
exterior caulking

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

02/25/2022

Deb E.

Did a great job. Work was quality, workers were accommodating, fast and prices reasonable. I would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
interior paint

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

[Member Name Removed] and her husband were so kind and very accommodating! I can’t wait to do more work in the future!!!

11/08/2021

Jud G.

Fantastic, our cabin looks so much better and they were done in a day

Description of Work
painting

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

10/24/2021

Jason A.

Satisfied customer! Adam was friendly and speedy. Adam was readily available when any questions came around and was quick to come back and finish touch ups once paint dried. Will use again for future projects.

Description of Work
painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

09/25/2021

gang C.

The team did a great job washing and painting the house. At the end of the job, two neighbors approached them and wanted to have their houses painted too! Will hire them again if more painting job is needed.

Description of Work
power wash paint

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

09/09/2021

Cristina G.

Adam is a gem. He works hard and honest and the outcome was amazing! He knew we were going over my original budget to add on some painting and the resurfacing of the kitchen, so he worked with me on the price as much as he could. I will be hiring him again in the future. A+ job and person. Thanks again!!

Description of Work
Interior Painting, Cabinets & Countertops Restoring and Painting

Category countertops, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

Review for A Brush Away Painting  - 2895 N Moose Eye Rd, Norwich, OH - 39468446

Thank you for having us! Can’t wait to paint for you again!

09/08/2021

Debbie T.

The house turned out beautiful. Excellent pricing, professional performance. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

09/02/2021

Cristina G.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Cabinets & Countertops Resurfaced & Painted

Category countertops, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

Review for A Brush Away Painting  - 2895 N Moose Eye Rd, Norwich, OH - 39469910

08/25/2021

Dianna B.

Excellent! Adam and his crew were prompt, reliable and courteous! Consider this company for all your painting needs!

Description of Work
painting inside

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

08/15/2021

Karen T.

My experienced was horrible and did not go well at all. The biggest this is that the first time they said they will finish the man who painted I inspected they did not finish, left trash anywhere and it was not a good job. When I came back the 2nd time every piece of the furniture's I owned where painted stuttered including my antiques my laminate floor is paint stuttered the top of all my wood trim is unpainted the molding on the floor they painted the dirt into the molding my dining room table was ruin they put paint removal rag they placed it on my dining table and my entire was covered in dust from sandy. I have to clean it all by my self it was horrible the owner demand a cheque payment when I raised concern to my owner the owner spoke to his work and said do not get in touch with Karen that's the most horrible experience ever and I don't know what to do I feel being ripped out for 3500.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

She was happy when the job was completed! Never received any complaints from [Member Name Removed]! Almost a month later gives us a bad review??? Not sure why, but she received a grade A job!

07/21/2021

Laura H.

I would honestly suggest going with someone else.

Description of Work
power wash and stripe parkinglot power wash building

Work Completed On 08/21/2021

The work was flawless but the general manager did not keep up her end of the bargain when it came to the contract! I had to contact an attorney to get our check which was 40 days late! I hear that this company Hawkeye hotels is constantly ripping people off! I would not recommend working for this company! They don’t like to pay after good work is done!!!

06/28/2021

Elizabeth W.

After getting several other estimates, I hired “A Brush Away Painting “ to paint the metal roof and wood sides of my large barn. The team was professional, pleasant, and, most of all...reasonable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs their type of service.

Description of Work
painting large barn and metal roof

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

06/15/2021

Eric D.

Horrible. Hired for an $18,000 drywall job, paid 20% upfront, and after one day, he quit without telling me! We had to have a hearing for me to get my money back (he had the audacity to say non-refundable!). During the hearing, he constantly lied about every aspect of scope of work he performed. Luckily, I had photo evidence and arbitrator ruled in my favor.

Description of Work
Completely drywall house

Category drywall