Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Salineville, OH
There are 6 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Salineville
- The Basement Guys - ClevelandI needed my basement and crawl space waterproofedI needed my basement and crawl space waterproofed. Kyle and his crew were on time and very nice, there work exceeded my expectations and would hire them again in a heart beat. The finished product looks amazing and I couldn't be happier!
- CFC Builders LLCHorrible from start to finish and still having problems that Jim will not fix even though there is a guarantee he voids it for unsubstantiated reasons, also a permit was never obtained even though we were told he had the permits, the city of Streetsboro caught up with him after fence and deck were built and Jim had to pay double for the permits and his work still needs to be inspected by the city which he never scheduled
- Home Solutions HandymanThe person who gave the initial estimate of what needed to be done was great. He took his time & talked to me intelligently which isn't always the case when speaking to a woman. The workman were prompt and efficient. When we had some minor issues with the outside to be addressed, they were back the next business day to fix them. We're very happy with the work & wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend them
- Home Solutions HandymanHouse Medic works with a subcontractor on roof job; the roof estimate was supervised by House Medic, though, and we were more than satisfied with the completed job. Two days later, a House Medic handyman completed the other work. We paid only after all the work was completed.
- Home Solutions HandymanAll work was done very well. The construction workers were very professional. They were always on time and made sure that all work was done with their own high expectations. I am not sure how their prices compare to other companies because I liked that they were a "one stop shop" for everything that I needed done. However listening to what other people have paid for similar services, I assume that House Medic's prices were in line. I would use them again
- Alexander Construction Inc.Overall, things went very well.? As with any construction project this size, there were minor problems but Carl addressed them immediately and made things right.?These problems were with one of?Carl's sub contractors and?Carl was?more than helpful in getting the situations resolved up front as long as we?called and told him about it.?There were some?management changes during our project leading to some confusion and communication problems but in the end Carl's #1 concern was making sure we were happy with our project.? With the exception of one sub contractor, all the rest that Carl sent out were professional and kind.? And at some point the one sub I was having issues with was escorted to my property by Carl's team.? Carl was the lead framer on my project and to me that was?a major?selling point.? He is the owner and a worker.? His professionalism and knowledge topped with his experience made for an easy confident decision to hire this GC. As far as price, The price quoted was the exact price I paid with the exception of the cost of putting a new roof on my existing house while they did the roof on the addition.? That roof was not part of the original quote and I fully expected that to be additional cost.? There were no surprises.? Since the project has been complete, they have contacted me a few times to be sure the addition was properly staying warm and that we weren't having any issues.? The integrity of this company is still clearly seen.? I even have a water issue that wasn't exposed until now and I thought maybe due to the addition.? Carl sent his guy out immediately to figure out exactly what the problem was and how they could help me get it corrected even though it was no fault of theirs.? I am considering another addition and I will be hiring Carl Alexander again. They are honest and trustworthy General Contractors and they did?a great job managing such a large project.
- Alexander Construction Inc.Went well once we could get on their schedule. Very nice to work with. The carpenter did a great job.
- Makis Home Improvement LLCAwesome. Mark and his team came in and successfully did all if the repairs. Which included touch up painting, small repairs, and other things!
- Makis Home Improvement LLCThey removed the old floor and put in the new floor in a day and 1/2. They did an excellent job at a reasonable price
- Makis Home Improvement LLCCiting one example of Mr. Makis' work, we had a wall that constantly became wet resulting in considerable damage to the wall, the structure, the wallpaper. Our insurance company agreed to send someone out to fix it. After the company worked for weeks on this project, we were told that it was finished and would no longer become wet. After several weeks, which included many days of heavy rain, the wall was again wet and our problems continued. Subsequently, we hired two other individuals to fix the wall. The results of their efforts were the same as the initial company; within a short period of time, we once again had a very wet wall, with damaged wallpaper and border. After we met Mr. Makis, we hired him to fix the same wall. Mark took down shelving from one section of the wall then removed the existing plaster and everything therein down to the frame (to the wood on the inside of the siding on the exterior of the house). He found rotted, moldy wood which we had repeatedly been told had been repaired. He replaced the wood then rebuilt the wall, including the baseboard. Mark also removed old weights that were in the wall adjacent to the window in that room and were no longer necessary. Once the wall and baseboards were completely dry, Mark applied primer and paint to completely finish the repair. Lastly, he reinstalled the shelving that he had previously removed. It is now approximately six months later and the wall has remained structurally sound and completely dry! Although our house is old (built in 1949) and Mark often encounters unanticipated problems when working on one of our repairs, in every instance, Mr. Makis has creatively overcome every problem with which he has been faced
Contractors in Salineville
- Business Description:With over 50 years of combined hardwood floor refinishing experience you can depend on our quality and expertise. We are owner-operated, no subcontractors!Recent Review:Absolutely the best. Our floors had a lot of old pet and water stains. They were so knowledgeable about wood. Always on time and gave us an accurate timeline. Professional and very hardworking. Left things immaculate. And the floors are gorgeouJudy P.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basement or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and..Recent Review:Kyle and two other gentlemen from Basement Guys of Cleveland did a very professional and satisfactory job in late August 2021. They installed Bright Wall, dug trenches in my basement floor, installed a Sedona dehumidifier along with a sump pump, and otherwise waterproofed my entire basement. I also greatly appreciated that they left my dryer vent better than it was originally and cleaned up after themselves inside and outside. I am very pleased overall with a livable and usable basement in my older home. Thanks much for all your hard work, Kyle and other gentlemenTHERESA M.
- Business Description:Proposal's always have detailed written services included.If materials cost dictate ,an advance my be deemed: naturally being stated on the proposal.Any services that my take multi -week completions may require payment installments as that customer has exclusive attention also to be reviewed upon proposal agreements.Business Owner aboard on ALL JOBS 100
- Business Description:Specializing in HOME REMODELING, HOME SERVICES INCLUDING KITCHEN AND BATH REMODELS, ROOFING, INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING AND MOLD RESTORATION! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:Very well organized and detailed both projects were completed in a timely manner.Katrina L.
- Business Description:Alexander Construction, Inc. offers many services: insurance repair and mitigation, new home construction, room additions, roofs, garages, sun rooms, home remodeling, and so much more! (330) 799-5577 We also have a concrete coatings company, Alexander Concrete Coatings, LLC, which offers concrete coatings that are 4x stronger than epoxy and totally transform your damaged and ugly concrete! (330) 272-920Recent Review:I can say that they were terrific , they did an excellent job. They were wonderful and pleasant Over and above, whatever they do, they were always great.Mary O.
- Business Description:Showroom Locations; AKRON, OH 2965 West Market St, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *BEDFORD HEIGHTS, OH 26150 Richmond Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *CANFIELD, OH 4010 Boardman Canfield Rd, M-Sat By Appointment Sun Closed *CANTON, OH 4603 Everhard Rd Northwest, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *COLUMBUS, OH 9009 Gemini Pkwy, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 9 AM - 1 PM Sun Closed *Mentor, Oh 8020 Broadmoor Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *WESTLAKE, ..Recent Review:We started the process of getting pricing from 3 different contractors for a patio door replacement back in February 2021. The first contractor never came on site, but had prepared a quote for us the prior year and just used the information from that to give us pricing. The 2nd contractor insisted that both my wife and I be present and was able to come out on a Saturday when we were both home. They were very high pressure and their price was nearly double the 1st contractor and they expected us to sign on the dotted line right then and there. The third contractor was from Pella Window and Door, dba Gunton. There was some difficulty getting an appointment at first - I had made a change and the appointment got lost somehow. I was finally able to get a rep to show up named Dave. Dave spent a significant amount of time here getting measurements and going over options - colors, hardware, and custom stain matching. After consulting with my wife, Dave came back out to finalize the contract and gave us an install date that was about 3 months out - June 4th. I'm assuming this long lead time had more to do with COVID and the supply chain disruption that is going on. The custom stain matching is pretty involved. The door is in our kitchen, so we want to have the trim match the kitchen cabinets. Initially, the plan was for me to take a cabinet door to Sherwin Williams for them to match the stain and then report to Gunton the details for them to purchase the stain. That strategy didn't end up working because Sherwin Williams required a purchase from me. I made some attempts to get a hold of Dave to get this stain matching procedure started and was not getting any response until late April. Dave came out and retrieved the cabinet door, which had to be shipped to the main office in Cleveland to perform the stain matching. About a week later, we received samples of the trim stained with our custom stain through the mail and it matched perfectly. We were given a mailer to send our approved sample back, which was sent back the next business day, but it seemed to take a very long time to reach them. In the meantime, I wanted to get our cabinet face back from Cleveland. This was sent back in a truck and given to our sales rep Dave who held on to it until the day before our installation, when he hand delivered it to us. A few days before our installation was scheduled to take place, I received a call from Jill, who is a project coordinator in their Cleveland office, to let us know the door manufacture was delayed and it would not be ready on the scheduled installation date. It was projected to be ready by June 8. On June 11, I received a call from Jill stating our door was ready and could they install it on June 12 - a Saturday. This worked out well. The install date arrived, which ended up being a beautiful sunny day (thankfully). A crew of three lead by Badirque worked hard and long and did absolutely excellent quality work on the installation. However, Badirque let me know that the top and bottom strike plates for the door that remains in place were not provided and that I should contact my sales rep. I had one e-mail and one call to my sales rep Dave about this issue and never received a response to either of those. Project coordinator Jill took my call yesterday and is investigating getting this resolved. In Dave's defense, he and his wife had a newborn in this timeframe, so that could explain (at least partially) his poor responsiveness to me over this timeRoger D.
- Business Description:Small local business with low overhead that allows us to charge less than most bigger companies. Services include Interior Painting, Gutter Cleaning, Basement Remodels, Bathroom Remodels and Kitchen Remodels. We give free estimates up to a 20 mile radius all others will be a 25$ trip fee All estimates will be hand written and detail oriented to customers specificationsRecent Review:They knew they had to be here by 8 each day so my wife to let them in and get to work on time but was 35 minutes late the 1st day and 10-15 minutes late each subsequent day. The drywall patch work is not smooth or blended in well and you can easily see where the work was done. Painting was even worse. Wall to ceiling lines were totally messy and nowhere near straight. Had visible roller marks all over the walls, numerous spots were you can see through to the color they painted over and there is drywall dust embedded in the paint. They obviously sanded the drywall repair on the ceiling while the walls were still tacky. They painted a dark basement stairway with no extra lighting. Needless to say it doesn't look good. Had them out twice to correct the issues and the wall to ceilings lines are much better, but they never managed to fix the rest. I finally gave up Will never use again or recommend to anyoneKevin O.
- Business Description:We Fix It, LLC, is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Call us todayRecent Review:They quoted $525 to replace 13 boards on the back of the garage. He showed up and said he wanted an additional $200 because the correct wood was extra. I had him do the work and when I got home I found he only replaced 8 boards and two of the boards were cracked. I called them and he said he would do some caulking in the cracks. He said he would issue a credit to us and he would come out in a couple of days to see how the caulking worked and he never showed. I contacted the owner, Heather, by text and she was unwilling to work with us. She said they sent us a refund check and they had done all they could do to help us. She said they were not coming back out and that they were going to block our number. We have no invoice or bill and we are out about $700 because if this companVicki and Louis B.
- Business Description:Family owned,Established in 1960.Recent Review:Our builder sent us to Baird where we met our original sales professional who was very professional and good. That's where any kind of customer service ended in a bad way. After our builder had us meet "his guy" at Baird, it was quite evident that he had our builders interest in hand, not ours. Fast forward four years... Our hardwood flooring that we purchased and our builder installed (dining room, kitchen, office, hall) is like walking on a sheet of ice. During the course of the next two years, we had three meetings with the Baird owners, who simply sat and listened to our issue without any ideas to remedy what-so-ever. They did however tell us that they were experimenting with finished and sealants about the time we purchased our flooring (awesome to know). After several LOCAL flooring contractors reviewed our situation for a potential fix (all said they've never seen a more slick floor in their many years), they said that they'd speak with Baird since that's where it originated. Obviously that was the end of hearing from them again - it's Youngstown, Ohio, correct! Bottom Line = Baird Brothers is as over-rated as the typical old lady insisting that her cabinets be built by the Amish, as if no one else is as goodD D.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- East Liverpool
- New Cumberland
- New Waterford
general contractors in Salineville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A. Walters Painting and Repair ServicesPO Box 1864
Dickerson, North Dakota
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio
- AKR Design & Restoration40 Iroquois St.
- Alexander Construction Inc.1121 N Meridian Rd
- AM Door and Supply2575 Salem - Warren Road (S.R. 45)
North Jackson, Ohio
- American Crew 4 U29118 Carey Road
- A. Walters Painting and Repair Services
- Falcon General Contractors, LLC5547 Mahoning Ave. Suite 335
- Falcon General Contractors, LLC
- Lewis Construction8031 E MARKET ST #1
- Lewis Construction
- M&H Construction Services LLC3521 Main St
Mineral Ridge, Ohio
- M.Erb Carpentry & Construction6416 st rt 45
- Makis Home Improvement LLC2260 E Arms Dr
- Maricks Remodeling and Construction LLCPO Box 2922
- Master Design Builders, LLC.7127 Mill Creek Blvd.
- MRD Inc5035 east calla rd
New Middletown, Ohio
- Muir Masonry189 Hadley Rd
- M&H Construction Services LLC
- North Coast Restoration, Builders and Remodelers1564 Adelaide SE
- North Coast Restoration, Builders and Remodelers
- scardina construction549 Creed St
- Scott Martin Construction LLC9502 Trinity Church Road
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Stephens Construction & Home Improvements6927 Glenwood Ave.
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- scardina construction