The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Get matched with top garage builders in Port Clinton, OH
There are 3 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Port Clinton
- A&N Excavating And Construction CoAs they were building the barn, the side door was being installed on the side of the bldg. My husband wanted it installed farther over about 4 ft.He put it right on the corner of the bldg. When he went out to correct him on it, he snapped at him, but then moved it over. He also noticed he did not put up enough tresses as we had agreed, but was uneasy saying something to him. There was no mention of how many tresses in the contract as I mentioned.They were 4 ' apart instead of 2 ' like he wanted also. This was never corrected. Also the siding was below grade and is not level with the threshhold of the side door like our Neighbors barn is. It is too low and can rust out. The pole barn sat for months undone. The floor was not put in yet. His machine sat in our barn until the end of May,2010. My husband went to see a Lawyer about the job he did, and he told him to send him a certified letter telling him he needed to come out within 2 weeks to finish the floor and to fix the siding . He came out after he recieved the letter , and finished the floor in the barn. Made a mess in our yard. Rutted up the grass and did not fix it as was in our agreement. We still owe him 1,600.00, but I do not intend to pay him anymore money, because he did not comply with what we wanted and what he verbally agreed to do. The siding was never fixed, and he will have to correct that himself is seems. Also the Lawyer told him that he can forget him adding the number of tresses to the roof. He will have to add more himself. He also put a small hole in our roof , that he did correct upon finishing the floor. He cut corners to make a bigger profit at our expense! A friend had recommended him, and now feels bad that he did. I'd give him a D in his work. Pass this guy up!!!
- Capital ConstructionHe had his crew come out to clear the trees/brush AFTER they already dug the holes for the pole barn posts. He told them to only clear inside the perimeter of the building. I had to clear the rest to allow for adequate work space. He would not get a machine (e.g.- stump grinder, backhoe) to remove the roots in the floor area. I had to have that done to ensure concrete would not be poured over the existing roots. They set the posts he bought - 12' posts for a 10' wall - they need to go in the ground deeper than 2'. Then he explained to me that when "I changed the building from 9' walls to 10' walls it messed up his order". The contract that was signed before he started doing any work specified 10' walls - it was his contract AND we never talked about 9' walls! He was supposed to order longer posts and did get some longer ones but oddly enough he left one of the short ones in place. The second attempt to set the posts resulted in a line so crooked that even he realized it was unacceptable. Some of the posts were out of line as much as 3". Also they put them in the same holes without doing anything to the holes. By this time it was already the third week in June. After coming out to inspect the posts he said he would get them straightened up. The crew didn't show up for another week and I decided to get ALL the posts down and start with fresh holes. So I repositioned the footprint of the barn by "swinging" the back end to the west about 10-15 degrees - nothing else changed - size, wall height, front vs. back, style, material to be used, etc. I got the new holes dug, using a machine and finalizing the digging by hand. I got the holes filled with concrete to a height where the posts could set on the concrete, be deep enough in the ground and be high enough for 10' walls. This was the first week in July. They set the posts the following week and did not show up for another week and a half. I called and said I would pay for the material he purchased so far (posts, concrete, 2x4s) and the amount of labor it should have taken to get to the point and would like the rest of my money back. Of course he told me he didn't have the money and he planned on finishing the building. This was around July 16th. Another famous quote - "I was getting the material list together since you changed the building all around". The ONLY thing that changed was the position of the building by a few feet which did not change ANY material requirements. By the end of July the only progress made was the 2x4 girters were applied to the posts. His first order for trusses was cancelled by the store because his check bounced. I asked him to use 1/2" osb instead of the 7/16" he specified and let me know the add'l cost. He ordered the 7/16 which was delivered, blamed the mistake on the store, who took the back the 7/16 and he didn't order the replacement osb with that money - he put the credit against gift cards. When he ordered the trusses he did not order any gable end trusses - said he filled in the extra wood for wall nailing himself!?!?! We made him order the gable end trusses. When the trusses were delivered the truck could not make up a hill to be unloaded near the building. It was one of the few times he was there and right before he left he told his crew to hand carry them up the hill. I helped them carry the trusses using a tractor with a front end loader. ALSO during this time my wife sat down with him and his wife to discuss getting the building done, how long it was going to take, etc. This was on July 27, 2011. He told my wife the following: 1. There's no such thing as 1/2" osb. 2. The reasons for the delay was that I changed the building all around AND I delayed his crew from moving forward when I helped them set the posts and asked them to give the concrete an extra day to set up. 3. The price he quoted in the contract now does not include the concrete floor - even though he added an extra $2700 in the price for the "extra cost mason charging because of location". Since I wasn't there and this guy did nothing right to date, my wife and I decided not to fight this issue and get what we could out of this guy in order to cut our losses. He agreed to a new completion date of Aug 19, 2011. By the middle of September the roof sheeting was not complete and what was installed did not have any protective coating. The siding (which I purchased way back in June) was not applied and there were no doors on site nor on order. The contractor asked for the FINAL payment in order to purchase the shingles. I'm not sure if he was going to purchase the doors or not with this money and he never mentioned when/if he was going to install the siding. My wife and I agreed that we already gave him more money than we should have and giving him more so that he might complete this building after 3 months of working on it would be a bad idea. We told him that we didn't have any further need for his services. I made a report to the BBB (mine was the second negative report against Capital Construction to the BBB that year). I talked to an attorney but decided that legal pursuit would be fruitless - they didn't even own the house they lived in and his lack of basic equipment (ladders, hand tools, etc.) spoke volumes about the prospects of getting any financial reimbursement. I have not seen any advertisement from this company since so I do not know if he is still in business or is under another company name. His name is Terry Dotson, his wife at that time was Dawn Dotson and his phone number at the time was 419-921-6233
- A&N Excavating And Construction CoThey were recommended by a friend of mine. It was a terrible experience and I couldn't believe that somebody could bold-face lie the way that the gentleman did. He came into my house and told me a lie one after the other and not even bat an eye. He said he would have the job done within three weeks depending on the weather but it took him almost a year. I had to go to a lawyer to demand that they come back and work on it. They even kept their equipment in my backyard over the winter. Their prices were also a bit high but the quality was good. The gentlemen who actually did the work were A-quality guys but the guy who managed the business was an "F". I would not consider using them again
Garage Builders in Port Clinton
- Business Description:We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality, customer service that we provide to meet our clients needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customers satisfaction from start to the completion of the project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how big or small t..
- Business Description:A general contractor dedicated to providing premier customer service, and deliver unparalleled workmanship on every job we tackle we are the team you can trust.Recent Review:Diaz property solution is always fair with prices, the work is done in a very timely manner, and the finished project is fabulous!!!jodi m.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We have over 30 years of experience working with homeowners in remodeling their homes. We specialize in home improvement solutions from the roof down, including metal roofing, asphalt roofing, siding, wood windows by Pella, vinyl replacement windows, sunrooms, operable pergolas, stationary pergolas, patio covers, and composite decks. Experience you can count on and customer service that’s UNMATCHED! FREE NO COST, NO HASSLE ESTIMATES. Call now 419-691-330Recent Review:I loved them, they did an excellent job. They didn't take long to finish the job, very polite, and answer all my questions. They did a very good job, I would recommend them to anybody.Kathy D.
- Business Description:For more than 30 Years John has specialized in the restoration of wood shake and shingle, slate, tile and old style roofing and exterior systems. With our experience and knowledge of restoration, installation methods have improved the life of roofs by many years past the manufacturer's generally accepted expectancy. We attract quality tradespeople who take pride in their work and step up to the challenges that come our way. We strive to provide the best in quality of service and long lasting ..Recent Review:The job was mostly completed. John did not respond to our request to repair loose shakes. We paid upfront for maintenance of roof and gutters. Because he didn't appear after several requests, we hired a gutter cleaner and will hire another maintenance company. We paid a pretty price and resent that he has be AWOlJudith B.
- Business Description:We provide residential maintenance, repair and remodeling services, specializing in emergency plumbing & heating installation and repair, basement finishing and kitchen/bathroom remodels.Recent Review:I paid Mr. Phomalee $1275 to do some bathroom remodeling work that he'd initially stated he'd be able to begin between Christmas and New Years this past December. After not showing up at that time, he proceeded to promise that work would begin on eight separate dates, missing all of them. During this time I received no communication from Mr. Phomalee unless I initiated it, and when I did he made an excuse related to his vehicle or family each time. Finally, I informed Mr. Phomalee that I needed him to return the funds paid to him as it had become clear he had no intention of doing the work for which he had been contracted. He informed me at that time that his previous excuses had been lies, that he had used the money I'd paid him for gambling, and that he most recently had not been able to due the work because he'd been trying to secure a loan to cover "the bad checks [he] had written to gamble so [he] didn't go to jail". So, I'm now in a position where I've had an unusable shower for two months, and will be forced to seek legal action against Mr. Phomalee to attempt to recover my moneyRobert H.
- Business Description:We build garage, outbuildings, decks, patios, additions and remolding are the primary projects we do. As a company we want to help you build value in your home or project. We don't view you as a number we view you as a number like some companies do, we want you to come back for all of your needs in the future. We have over 30 yrs of experience in meeting customers needs and will be around for +30 more.Recent Review:Things started great with Jene. Fair price, the deck design we wanted. We hired him. Impressed with day 1 and 2 of construction. Then things slowed. Final project took longer than anticipated, but we were willing to overlook that. The problems came when we expressed some safety concerns. The gate he installed is falling off. The main railing is very flimsy. Someone could easily break through it simply by falling into it. This is a raised pool deck. Gene came and looked at it. He didn’t let us know he was here. He didn’t even text or email after that fact. I saw him leaving, which is the only way we even knew he was here. He told us it’s fine. The wood would swell and it will be safe. We’ve had professionals look at the job, and they too agree; it’s not safe. No surprise, Jene is no longer listed on here. Please save yourself the time, money and headache, and avoid working with Jene Jacobi from All Phase ConstructioTammy P.
- Business Description:I am the owner & chief installer for any work I provide for your home. I have been in the building material business my entire life with over 30 years of knowledge and experience. I will supply the products that are a perfect fit for your home's needs within your budgetRecent Review:HE STOLE $8000 from me and will not pay back!!!!! Beware do not hire himTamy H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:DLK Construction is a Paulding County, Ohio Residential Contractor. We are a family owned and operated business with a highly educated staff. 1. We have over 30yrs combined experience. 2. Owner has a degree in Construction Science 3. Quality is always GUARANTEED. 4. Work within OSHA safety standards on every job. 5. No job is too big or too small. 6. Free estimates on all jobs. 7. Fully insured
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
If water is coming up through the garage floor after heavy rain, there are a few steps that you should take to protect your home. We’ll cover what to do in case of flooding, along with steps you can take to prevent it from happening in the future.
Find garage builders in
- Lakeside Marblehead
- Bay View
- Oak Harbor
- Berlin Heights
- Green Springs
garage builders in Port Clinton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Erie Shores Contracting, LLC12512 Cherry Rd
- Erie Shores Contracting, LLC
- Fredericksburg Builders2532 S Apple Creek Rd
Apple Creek, Ohio
- Fredericksburg Builders
- huston's construction6045 bluebell rd
- huston's construction
- J&J Contracting330 Water St
- J&J Contracting
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC2005 Caldwell St
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC