Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Sandusky, OH
There are 1 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Sandusky
- A&N Excavating And Construction CoAs they were building the barn, the side door was being installed on the side of the bldg. My husband wanted it installed farther over about 4 ft.He put it right on the corner of the bldg. When he went out to correct him on it, he snapped at him, but then moved it over. He also noticed he did not put up enough tresses as we had agreed, but was uneasy saying something to him. There was no mention of how many tresses in the contract as I mentioned.They were 4 ' apart instead of 2 ' like he wanted also. This was never corrected. Also the siding was below grade and is not level with the threshhold of the side door like our Neighbors barn is. It is too low and can rust out. The pole barn sat for months undone. The floor was not put in yet. His machine sat in our barn until the end of May,2010. My husband went to see a Lawyer about the job he did, and he told him to send him a certified letter telling him he needed to come out within 2 weeks to finish the floor and to fix the siding . He came out after he recieved the letter , and finished the floor in the barn. Made a mess in our yard. Rutted up the grass and did not fix it as was in our agreement. We still owe him 1,600.00, but I do not intend to pay him anymore money, because he did not comply with what we wanted and what he verbally agreed to do. The siding was never fixed, and he will have to correct that himself is seems. Also the Lawyer told him that he can forget him adding the number of tresses to the roof. He will have to add more himself. He also put a small hole in our roof , that he did correct upon finishing the floor. He cut corners to make a bigger profit at our expense! A friend had recommended him, and now feels bad that he did. I'd give him a D in his work. Pass this guy up!!!
- Capital ConstructionHe had his crew come out to clear the trees/brush AFTER they already dug the holes for the pole barn posts. He told them to only clear inside the perimeter of the building. I had to clear the rest to allow for adequate work space. He would not get a machine (e.g.- stump grinder, backhoe) to remove the roots in the floor area. I had to have that done to ensure concrete would not be poured over the existing roots. They set the posts he bought - 12' posts for a 10' wall - they need to go in the ground deeper than 2'. Then he explained to me that when "I changed the building from 9' walls to 10' walls it messed up his order". The contract that was signed before he started doing any work specified 10' walls - it was his contract AND we never talked about 9' walls! He was supposed to order longer posts and did get some longer ones but oddly enough he left one of the short ones in place. The second attempt to set the posts resulted in a line so crooked that even he realized it was unacceptable. Some of the posts were out of line as much as 3". Also they put them in the same holes without doing anything to the holes. By this time it was already the third week in June. After coming out to inspect the posts he said he would get them straightened up. The crew didn't show up for another week and I decided to get ALL the posts down and start with fresh holes. So I repositioned the footprint of the barn by "swinging" the back end to the west about 10-15 degrees - nothing else changed - size, wall height, front vs. back, style, material to be used, etc. I got the new holes dug, using a machine and finalizing the digging by hand. I got the holes filled with concrete to a height where the posts could set on the concrete, be deep enough in the ground and be high enough for 10' walls. This was the first week in July. They set the posts the following week and did not show up for another week and a half. I called and said I would pay for the material he purchased so far (posts, concrete, 2x4s) and the amount of labor it should have taken to get to the point and would like the rest of my money back. Of course he told me he didn't have the money and he planned on finishing the building. This was around July 16th. Another famous quote - "I was getting the material list together since you changed the building all around". The ONLY thing that changed was the position of the building by a few feet which did not change ANY material requirements. By the end of July the only progress made was the 2x4 girters were applied to the posts. His first order for trusses was cancelled by the store because his check bounced. I asked him to use 1/2" osb instead of the 7/16" he specified and let me know the add'l cost. He ordered the 7/16 which was delivered, blamed the mistake on the store, who took the back the 7/16 and he didn't order the replacement osb with that money - he put the credit against gift cards. When he ordered the trusses he did not order any gable end trusses - said he filled in the extra wood for wall nailing himself!?!?! We made him order the gable end trusses. When the trusses were delivered the truck could not make up a hill to be unloaded near the building. It was one of the few times he was there and right before he left he told his crew to hand carry them up the hill. I helped them carry the trusses using a tractor with a front end loader. ALSO during this time my wife sat down with him and his wife to discuss getting the building done, how long it was going to take, etc. This was on July 27, 2011. He told my wife the following: 1. There's no such thing as 1/2" osb. 2. The reasons for the delay was that I changed the building all around AND I delayed his crew from moving forward when I helped them set the posts and asked them to give the concrete an extra day to set up. 3. The price he quoted in the contract now does not include the concrete floor - even though he added an extra $2700 in the price for the "extra cost mason charging because of location". Since I wasn't there and this guy did nothing right to date, my wife and I decided not to fight this issue and get what we could out of this guy in order to cut our losses. He agreed to a new completion date of Aug 19, 2011. By the middle of September the roof sheeting was not complete and what was installed did not have any protective coating. The siding (which I purchased way back in June) was not applied and there were no doors on site nor on order. The contractor asked for the FINAL payment in order to purchase the shingles. I'm not sure if he was going to purchase the doors or not with this money and he never mentioned when/if he was going to install the siding. My wife and I agreed that we already gave him more money than we should have and giving him more so that he might complete this building after 3 months of working on it would be a bad idea. We told him that we didn't have any further need for his services. I made a report to the BBB (mine was the second negative report against Capital Construction to the BBB that year). I talked to an attorney but decided that legal pursuit would be fruitless - they didn't even own the house they lived in and his lack of basic equipment (ladders, hand tools, etc.) spoke volumes about the prospects of getting any financial reimbursement. I have not seen any advertisement from this company since so I do not know if he is still in business or is under another company name. His name is Terry Dotson, his wife at that time was Dawn Dotson and his phone number at the time was 419-921-6233
- A&N Excavating And Construction CoThey were recommended by a friend of mine. It was a terrible experience and I couldn't believe that somebody could bold-face lie the way that the gentleman did. He came into my house and told me a lie one after the other and not even bat an eye. He said he would have the job done within three weeks depending on the weather but it took him almost a year. I had to go to a lawyer to demand that they come back and work on it. They even kept their equipment in my backyard over the winter. Their prices were also a bit high but the quality was good. The gentlemen who actually did the work were A-quality guys but the guy who managed the business was an "F". I would not consider using them again
Garage Builders in Sandusky
- Business Description:Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect.Recent Review:worst company ever I was overcharged the guys left a huge mess they had to come back 3 times and its still not right now they won't even respond!greg l.
- Business Description:I am the owner & chief installer for any work I provide for your home. I have been in the building material business my entire life with over 30 years of knowledge and experience. I will supply the products that are a perfect fit for your home's needs within your budgetRecent Review:HE STOLE $8000 from me and will not pay back!!!!! Beware do not hire himTamy H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Additional email -DalesQualityDecks@contractor.net.
- Business Description:DLK Construction is a Paulding County, Ohio Residential Contractor. We are a family owned and operated business with a highly educated staff. 1. We have over 30yrs combined experience. 2. Owner has a degree in Construction Science 3. Quality is always GUARANTEED. 4. Work within OSHA safety standards on every job. 5. No job is too big or too small. 6. Free estimates on all jobs. 7. Fully insured
- Business Description:We are well experienced contractors who do all our best to serve you. With a 5 year warranty you are sure to get what you are looking for.
- Business Description:Lakeshore Excavating, LLC has been proudly serving northern Ohio for the past 27 years. The company, formally known as D & J Builders was founded in 1983. The firm became a limited liability company in 2009 and changed its name to Lakeshore Excavating, LLC. The magnitude of the jobs that the company can take on range from residential excavating projects, to site work for commercial projects such as sanitary and storm sewer installations, and waterlines. One thing that will never change is th..
- Business Description:Our company is residential construction and remodeling. Our specialties are decks and pole barns. We make payment arrangements affordable for ALL to make improvements on their home, not just the "elite". Payments are made in installments. We also accept credit cards, which most contractors do. 27 YEARS EXPERIENC
- Business Description:As a local business, you can be assured our core values represent that of our local customers. We always ensure that our service specialists arrive on time and that your job is carried out to the highest specification. When you choose us you are not just supporting your local businesses, but choosing one of the best roofing companies around when it comes to roof repairs, remodeling, and construction. Choose us as your roofing contractors today! Mark Troyer - owner. Established 1993. Locally o..Recent Review:They were quick, good and efficient. They cleaned up. We were very pleased. They did an A job.Don R.
- Business Description:We do it all! As far as Home repairs and Maintenance installations for your bath and kitchen remodelling! My company is built around A small group of us that have been in our respected fields for at least 20 yrs! All construction trades! Our Plumber is a master plumber with 30 yrs experience! I have been in the Heating and Air conditiong for 23 yrs! Our Carpenter has been a union carpenter for over 25 yrs! Our electrician also owns his own company and works for me when larger complicated jobs..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- Bay View
- Lakeside Marblehead
- Port Clinton
- Berlin Heights
- Oak Harbor
- South Amherst
- Green Springs
- North Fairfield
garage builders in Sandusky
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Fredericksburg Builders2532 S Apple Creek Rd
Apple Creek, Ohio
- Fredericksburg Builders
- J&J Contracting330 Water St
- J&J Contracting
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC2005 Caldwell St
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC