Not sure if you should trim your own trees? Sometimes your tree problem is best left to a pro whose is trained in maintenance and other complex issues.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Port Clinton, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Port Clinton
- Unique Tree services inc.Tony & crew came and removed tree stump did in a timely manner cleaned area very pleasant owner explain in detail what was done very reasonable praise.
- BUCKEYE TREE SVCI asked this provider's opinion on whether a tree in our backyard should be removed. Although he stood to make money on removing the tree, the man gave us his honest opinion that it was a nice, healthy tree that was fine to stay where it was. We now enjoy the tree and are glad we kept it. We appreciate the honesty and will use this company for future tree service needs
- Bailey's Tree & Landscape IncI contacted Mark Bailey on Sept 27th, requesting an estimate to have my dead trees cut down and he came out the same day. After he left, I thought about it for a few minutes then gave his office a call and asked them to go ahead and put me on the list. Mark had told me he would send me the proposal but at that time I didn't understand I had to sign it and send it back. Ok, my oversight. Not a big deal. I got over there and signed the proposal Oct 5th and was told it would be 2-3 weeks until the work would be done. Mark told me he'd come out, probably the day after to mark the trees that were coming down and that was fine. If he came out, I never saw him and I didn't notice anything marked other than the orange spots the electric company had put on a couple of the tree trunks. He also told me he'd give me a day or two notice before work began. The work was completed over three days. The first day, I got a call from Mark at 7:56am to tell me the crew would be at my property between 9 and 10am. The crew was great. Jeff, Rob and Mel were experienced and knowledgeable and it showed. They put the majority of the cut wood right in my front yard where I wanted it. They took care of 3 trees the first day. They told me they'd be back the next week to do more. Due to the remnants of hurricane Sandy they crew wasn't back until the following Friday and took down 2 more trees. I didn't get any notice at all that they were coming that particular day. I asked before they left when they would be back and Mel called the office, then told me they'd be back out on Monday, Nov. 5th, which they were. All in all they did a great job! Thanks guys
- Dan Ward Tree ServiceExcellent job, inexpensive, cleaned well, even though had all overgrown landscaping removed to replant area was neat when they left
- DAN'S TREE SERVICEDan Wards tree service from Norwalk, OH, Very neat- hardly a leaf or twig left behind. Glad I called them. Did what would have taken me weeks to do, they did in one day. They do not remove stumps. This is done by another gentleman, Jeff Rhoad. All were very accommodating with our hectic schedule.
- Bailey's Tree & Landscape IncMark Bailey came to our house and we reviewed what we wanted. We also asked Mark what he thought about what we wanted. He told us what he recommended, why and how it would help preserve our trees. We had a tree that needed to be removed and he showed us how they would do that. He called the day before and his crew was at our house the next morning. They started by cutting down the tree and grinding out the stump. Other than a pile of dirt from the stump removal, there was nothing left from the tree, they removed all of the tree from our yard. The next morning they were back and trimmed the four trees. Again, all of the branches and twigs were chipped and removed. The two men who came to our house worked and did not waste any time. We had gotten a quote from another tree service and they promised they would be out to do the work. They never called back and never showed. Bailey's showed up when they said they would and knew what they were doing. They also had very good equipment and made short work of our trees
- Leimeister CraneResponded very quickly to my call to come out for a quote. Worked with me on price. Owner provided copies of their general liability and workers comp insurance. Crew was detail oriented and did a very nice job. Crew was eager to please and wanted to make sure I was happy with the service. All in all, great experience and would use this company again
- All Styles Landscaping LtdOverall, everything went as planned. I have planned a project for the backyard beginning next week. (raised patio) and Josh will be doing this work as well and then complete the winter cleanup in the backyard. No surprises - He is truthful and goes out of his way to make the landscape beautiful.
- BUCKEYE TREE SVCThey were here on time. We had no issues with them. Their price was lower than other reputable companies in our area.
- Roe's Tree ServiceRoe's has a very competent crew. They work fast, professionally, and take great care in protecting your property and cleaning up after their work is done. I obtained several estimates and found Roe's to be very reasonably priced in comparison. Gary Roe runs a very honest business and takes pride in the work done. I would highly recommend him. This is the second time I used this company
Last update on October 18, 2014
Tree Service Companies in Port Clinton
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Are your trees really accidents waiting to happen? Before you're forced to yell "Timber!" learn the eight signs that your trees may not survive winter storms.
Why do you prune trees? It’s actually one of the most important aspects of tree care, and not just because it promotes new growth.
Find tree removal services in
- Lakeside Marblehead,
- Bay View,
- Oak Harbor,
- Berlin Heights,
- Green Springs,
tree removal services in Port Clinton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 1st Choice Tree Service138 S Collins Ave
Lima, Ohio 45804
- 1st Choice Tree Service
- Bailey's Tree & Landscape Inc3811 Venice Rd
Sandusky, Ohio 44870
- Bailey's Tree & Landscape Inc
- EcoTree Services, LLC7474 Deer Trail Ln
Lorain, Ohio 44053
- EcoTree Services, LLC
- Hill's Landscaping & Snow Removal164 center street
Milan, Ohio 44846
- Hill's Landscaping & Snow Removal
- My Computer Works7975 N Hayden Rd #C-320
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
- My Computer Works
- Organic Air Tree & Shrub Care144 gallup ave
NORWALK, Ohio 44857
- Organic Air Tree & Shrub Care
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio 45656
- Quality Decks LLC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
Tree service companies that service Port Clinton
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.