Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Painesville, OH
There are 45 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Painesville
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows9/10 Mark and crew are honest and communicate effectively Job had some bumps along the way but we never felt like we were getting the runaround
- Keselman Construction Group, IncI had a wonderful experience with Keselman. They remodeled my basement, kitchen and main bathroom. I worked with their designer Jessica, to pick out the layout for my kitchen, cabinets, countertops, flooring and fixtures. She was helpful and a pleasure. All of the workers that were onsite were professional and extremely trustworthy. The communication from my project manager Sergiy, was awesome. He would let me know each morning if they would be working and went over all the details with me. They were always willing to adjust the scope of work to add additional items I thought of as the project progressed. Also, if any mistakes were made they were quick to correct them and make it right. The final product looks amazing and I would highly recommend them read less
- Professional Drywall Repair and FinishingCost did a great job installing drywall and matching ceiling texture after we had a water leak. Professional, communicative and great quality.
- Cohen's Painting & Papering LLCTim and his crew were efficient, thorough, and professional. Best painting job our deck/ramp has had !
- Barbera Home ImprovementJohn Barbera is da bomb! I had water coming in through a light fixture and he and one of his guys came out within the hour (literally) and identified the problem (flashing boot on the soil stack) and fixed it. I personally know others who have used Barbera Home Improvement and have been extremely satisfied with his services, so I also decided to get an estimate for a roof replacement since it's old. John returned my inquiry right away and came out personally to review the roof and created an estimate right there on the spot via software in his truck and I had the estimate before he even left the driveway -- talk about customer service, efficiency, professionalism and being tech-savvy. John also brought lots of good information with him, including insurance information, a very informative booklet on how to evaluate roofers and what is important, which helped with terms, options, etc., that I had no idea of, which was very helpful. He also have reams of paper listing addresses by tons of cities of roofs he replaced and also the product and shingle color so a drive-by could be done, which was also beyond incredibly helpful when evaluating products and and color choices. I decided to get several estimates for a roof and other companies sent a "sales" guy who showed up and never took any notes, no clipboard, no paper/pencil, so when I mentioned things like: do you run downspouts from an upper roof exit into the lower gutter so water doesn't spray all over the roof, a skylight that needed replacement, valleys, etc., I could tell with some of these other companies, they weren't listening and not prepared, and their estimates reflected this. I would then inquire: I don't see a skylight replacement? etc., and they would respond: "Oh yea, I forgot about that, I'll add that in." When you are spending decent dollars for a complete roof replacement and some sales guy doesn't even come prepared, creates inaccurate estimates, it makes me wonder how professional and competent the installation crew(s) might be or even the managerial oversight, or possible warranty claims after the fact. John Barbera and Barbera Home Improvement, from A...Z were in a complete league of their own which became quite evident throughout the roof estimating process. Thank you John read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsGary gave a detailed estimate and was patient as I got other estimates and had new questions. It was a large project involving removing 3 layers of roofing (bottom layer was wood shake shingle, no decking).While not the lowest estimate, it was the lowest with the most experience and great Angie's list & BBB ratings. The roofing was removed, decking put on, new roofing installed, fascia board was replaced along with new gutters and downspouts. The chimneys were tuck pointed and chimney caps put on. The roofing took about 3 days once they started. A crew of 8 worked very hard. Crew manager, Brandon, was very helpful and found a great solution to the problem of what to do with the gap left along the siding edges when 3 layers of roofing was only 1 layer. Brandon was very helpful, answering all my questions as they went along. The clean-up was good (I did find a few nails, and some splinters of shake shingle but I'm sure some was stuck in the large shrubs). The did tarp the attic and did a decent clean-up of the attic. It took 8 days before the gutter crew came out, and while not a big problem it was a little annoying. Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend Home Exteriors read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsThe roof over the garage storage area was completely rotted. I had gotten several estimates before I came across Home Exteriors on Angie's list. One company said I should tear off the structure completely because he didn't know how to address the roof problems (it was an addition to the garage). Gary was confident that they could replace the roof without any trouble. Additionally, I had three skylights that leaked for years. Gary said his company specialized in skylights. So he included the replacement of the skylights in the roof job. One of the skylights was completely rotted due to improper installation. Home exteriors replaced the damaged wood and cleaned up what they found..black mold! The roof had three layers which was torn off and replaced. I also had new gutters installed. Once Gary notified me the job was finished. I took a look around and found a few things I wanted changed...mostly due to aesthetics. I sent him pictures of the items I wanted changed. He said.."No problem" and first the thing next morning his crew was back on the job! They stayed until I was completely satisfied. The crew was hard working, accommodating and did an awesome job with the clean up afterwards. One night they worked in the dark! I highly recommend Home Exteriors. Gary is very easy to work with and his price was very good. Thanks for a great job Gary and crew! 8/28/14-Update-a week after my new roof was installed we had an extremely heavy rain. As I was sitting in my family room I heard the dreaded...drip..drip. Yes, the roof was leaking..UGH. It started in the corner then traveled the length of a beam (cathedral ceiling). I immediately sent Gary a text of what was happening. He promptly returned my call and sent two guys out to see what was the problem. They looked at the area and said it was a gutter problem. That it was not sloped correctly. They removed the gutter and did a water test, however, the roof still leaked. So the next day they sent out a crew and removed that section of shingles and repaired that area, plus they re-positioned the gutter. The area that leaked was an addition to the original structure. I did advise Home Exteriors when I obtained an estimate that I had that area repaired a few years back but that it still leaked on occasion, hence one of the reasons for getting a new roof. While they have always been VERY responsive, I felt that the quality of work was not an "A" rating and lower it to "C" average. I realize anyone can make a mistake and they were very apologetic. Unfortunately, now I am concerned about the overall workmanship of the job. There hasn't been a heavy rain since so I don't know if it will happen again. read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsThis was our first extensive rehab and we were very impressed by Gary and his crew. They were punctual and produced quality work. The ugly house is now beautiful! Their work will help us sell the house quickly. They promised to have the house completed by Christmas and they were true to their word. We found out on the Monday before Christmas that they worked through the weekend in the rain to finish the job. Very dedicated, professional and trustworthy. I would consider Home Exteriors for future rehabs read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsDON AND HIS HELPER PUT IN OUR NEW DOORS, INSTALLED THE NEW WINDOWS AND DID THE NECESSARY CARPENTRY TO DOWNSIZE OUR WINDOWS. THE FRONT FROM A 12'X6' TO A 8'X5'. THE WINDOWS ARE FANTASTIC,THE CARPENTRY WORK TOP JOB! OUR DRY WALL WAS PERFECTION. THE CLEAN UP WAS TERRIFIC. OUR NEW DOORS WERE INSTALLED BY THE SAME PERSON AND GREAT. NOLAN PUT ON OUR SIDING. NEIGHBORS HAVE STOPPED TO FIND OUT INSTALLERS NAME. IT LOOKS SO GOOD. THOSE IN THE KNOW STATE THAT THE JOB IS TOP NOTCH! THE GUTTER MEN WERE HERE AND DID A FINE JOB, NO COMPLAINTS. THE WINDOW IN OUR DOOR WAS FOUND TO HAVE A SCRATCH. WE AWAIT THE WARRANTY TO MAKE CORRECTION OR ADJUSTMENTS. I WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE HOME EXTERIORS COME OUT AGAIN FOR ANY WORK. PEOPLE ARE ON TIME, COURTEOUS AND CONCERNED ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WISHES. OUR DAUGHTER HOPES TO HAVE THEM OUT NEXT YEAR FOR WINDOW WORK. WE CHECKED MANY PLACES GETTING ESTIMATES. HOME EXTERIORS WAS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE CONSIDERING WORK NEEDED DONE. WE ARE MOST APPRECIATIVE read less
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsMark Martinis came out & gave me a price that was acceptable. Job started a week earlier then expected which was great as company was coming from Florida. Tony Piazza stopped by the day before the job was to start and checked to make sure he was aware of all that I expected done and answered all my questions. The helper Terry was very efficient and pleasant also read less
Contractors in Painesville
- Business Description:Complete home remodeling since 1983.
- Business Description:Our team has over 20 years of construction, remodeling, and related experience in residential and light commercial projects. Additional DBA - Przbuilders.com. Additional Contact Name - Christopher Przela. Additional Email - Chrisprzela@gmail.com read lessRecent Review:My wife and I were very impressed with Chris and his crew. We had a master bath added, wood floors refinished, porch railing fabricated and installed, basement windows replaced, closet added to guest room, office finished in basement, porch insulated, lighting added, replaced 2 exterior doors and full interior painted. Chris was professional and easy to work with. The workmanship was beautiful. We have and will recommend him to anyone looking for work on their homes read lessMo L.
- Business Description:Curb Appeal Painting is a professionally managed, Cleveland-based painting company. Our skilled employees are supervised on a daily basis by our management team. We do not use subcontractors. We do not take a deposit, but we do ask to be paid in full upon completion of the work. Due to the size of our crews and our production systems, we have a $1,500.00 minimum job size for new clients read lessRecent Review:I contacted Curb Appeal Painting (Richmond Heights, OH), who also do carpentry work, in June of 2020 to get a garage window replaced and told them I had an October deadline to get it done and they said this was "no problem". They came out in July to measure and to give me a written estimate. I reiterated I needed it done by October and they said they would order the window and it would be no problem. I contacted them by phone several times in September telling them I still had an October deadline, a different person came out to measure, and again was told it was no problem. When October arrived, I called again, and found out that the window actually hadn't been ordered yet. At this point my schedule had changed so I had until November 25 and so they said they ordered the window and it would arrive by November 16. When I called on November 18, they then said the window would not arrive until after November 25. So, I cancelled the order and had to do a makeshift repair of the problem myself. The lack of care on this is just stunning. I contacted them in June for a simple window, they said they would take care of it and it was no problem, and they did not keep their word. And there is no reason this could not have been done by October even with Covid. None at all. I will not use them again or recommend them to anyone read lessPaul I.
- Business Description:Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basement or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and.. read lessRecent Review:Kyle and two other gentlemen from Basement Guys of Cleveland did a very professional and satisfactory job in late August 2021. They installed Bright Wall, dug trenches in my basement floor, installed a Sedona dehumidifier along with a sump pump, and otherwise waterproofed my entire basement. I also greatly appreciated that they left my dryer vent better than it was originally and cleaned up after themselves inside and outside. I am very pleased overall with a livable and usable basement in my older home. Thanks much for all your hard work, Kyle and other gentlemen read lessTHERESA M.
- Business Description:MIKE’S HOME IMPROVEMENT has been providing exterior home improvement to customers for over 30 years now. Some of our services include roofing, siding, windows and insulation. We have an expert team of workers, each one unique to their individual skill, that strive for our #1 goal: CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Contact us; we will be happy to come out and give you an HONEST quote. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU read lessRecent Review:This company is structured in an awesome way. Mike is a really smart guy.Gary S.
- Business Description:Cornett Roofing Systems is a proven Midwest leader in the installation and repair of permanent roofing systems, including metal, slate, tile, and copper. In addition, we are a premier installer of solar energy panels and systems. Using only the highest quality materials, Cornett Roofing Systems delivers beautiful, permanent roofing systems that offer a lifetime warranty. Financing options are available to qualified customers. Cornett Roofing Systems has offices in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio .. read lessRecent Review:Amanda was great to work with getting the job done around my schedule, great communication! The roofers were very nice and did such a wonderful job and left no mess behind. I highly recommend Cornett Roofing!karen m.
- Business Description:No one appreciates beautiful workmanship more than Courtesy Home Improvements owner and president, Ralph Continenza. From vinyl siding to a full kitchen remodel, he knows and loves it all. Ralph has over 25 years of experience in the home remodeling business overseeing 6,000+ jobs. His knowledge and expertise along with his ability to communicate with clients has resulted in thousands of satisfied customers. Our crews are skilled and professional craftsmen who have been working with us for.. read lessRecent Review:Update: While all went well as I stated in my first review. As I was cleaning the gutters this Fall I found 6 mounting screws for the gutters were not screwed in. It took about 15 minutes for me to get my portable drill and screw them in. Kind of silly not to complete what otherwise appears to be a fine job read lessDUANE K.
- Business Description:full service wood shop, design, build, install.cabinetry, trim, furniture, etc.Recent Review:Mr Michael Bruce is not only a true professional but extremely creative, responsible and kind. He faced the challenge of the adaptation of our kitchen counter top (from the 60's) to fit a new model of cook top. He was always proactive and receptive. Looking at his portfolio, his work is not only "practical and well designed" but also artistic...it looks like he loves to work with wood. His input in design and materials was priceless read lessAntonio M.
- Business Description:Keselman Construction Group has helped homeowners like you complete over 2,000 construction projects since our founding in 2004. We have been blessed to receive multiple awards for our work and service over the years for projects like home additions, new construction, interior & exterior renovations, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, 203K renovations and insurance claim repairs. The fact is we understand what "home" means to you - a place where your family grows and develops; a place where memor.. read lessRecent Review:Kirk was terrific. Showed up right on time and was thorough in going over our house. They estimate was broken down on a per project basis and was detailed. Unfortunately our timing no longer aligns as they have a lot of work scheduled. Otherwise, I would not hesitate in hiring this company read lessKyle R.
- Business Description:Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships wit.. read lessRecent Review:Everyone was polite and on time. Site was pressure washed well before work started and again when completed. Brick sidewalk was repaired. Not satisfied with quality of mortar work, looks sloppy. For the high price I paid, and their own testimonial of their work; I expected much higher quality than what I received, even after they reworked the main section. Honestly it looks like I did the work myself read lessRoss M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Fairport Harbor
- Grand River
- Mentor On The Lake
- Willoughby Hills
- Gates Mills
- Highland Heights
- Richmond Heights
- Mayfield Heights
general contractors in Painesville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & G Trucking17669 Pioneer Rd
- A A PAINTING & HANDYMAN SERVICES3363 W 30TH ST
- A to Z Contractors14484 Bass Lake Rd
- A.P.K. Construction29024 Euclid ave.
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio
- ACTION CUSTOM HOMES, INC38030 2ND ST
- Adambuilt LLC33941 Lorain Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Adrian's Home Remodeling, LLC1308 E.359th Street
- AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS L L C1128 OAKWOOD DR
- AILES CABINETRY & MILLWORKS2333 LAKE ROCKWELL RD
- ALL AMERICAN DRYWALLP.O. Box 67201
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- ALL NATURAL LIGHTING SOLUTIONS4057 Clague Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio
- All Phase Construction9881 Beechwood Dr
North Royalton, Ohio
- All Phase Remodeling & Mechanicals, Inc.972 Nela View Rd
- All Pro Painting10239 Penniman Dr
- ALL TECH ELECTRIC LLC1080 BASSETT RD STE B
- All Weather Builders & Remodeling LLC3181 West 139th
- All-Star Contracting LLCPo Box 35522
- ALLIANCE CARPENTRY321 E 248TH ST
- AllStyle Home Improvement5649 Opal St.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- American Eagle Energy Conservation Services437 Florida Ave
- AMERICAN SHUTTER19199 Temple Have a wonderful day !
- Apollo Builders1179 Haverston Rd
- Arenesse Construction and Remodeling7534 mayfield rd
- Authentic Waterproofing Inc.1364 Canton Rd.
- A & G Trucking
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements6088 Pearl Road
Parma Hts, Ohio
- B. Legrand Design :: Build, Ltd.4065 Erie Street
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc7060 Crory Rd
- Ball General Contractors393 Northeast Ave.
- Band of brothers restoration LLC7855 stone rd
- Barbera Home Improvement5376 Ridge Rd
- BeastMasters Home Improvement11911 Hamlen Ave
- Beautiful Home Contracting Ltd6100 Oak Tree Blvd #200
- Behory Remodeling15950 Richard Dr.
Brook Park, Ohio
- Bell Construction5138 State Rt 43
- Bella Improvements19576 Shoreland Ave
Rocky River, Ohio
- Bella Remodeling857 Barlow Rd
- BEST BUY PAINTING1272 E 286TH ST
- Better Homes Home Improvement7426 Jumpers Crossing Ln
- Biltmore Exteriors2664 Cleveland Ave SW
- Brad Smith Roofing Co Inc24550 Sperry Dr Ste # 2
- Brandon James Building Inc2357 Rivers Edge Dr
- Branstein Construction Group6610 Ridgebury Blvd
- BRAUN HOME REPAIR & REMODELINGPO BOX 564
- Britt Electrical Construction16001 Nelamere
- Brothers Building4920 Allison Ave
Lake Wales, Florida
- BUCCILLI CONTRACTING5362 HARLESTON DR
- Buckeye Exteriors LLC3071 Timberbrook Dr
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Bullington Builders4900 Ferndale Ave
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
- Burrington Construction Company1862 Drinik Dr.
- BUTCH KLIMEK ROOFING10701 DORMAE CT
- Bylers Construction Solutions LLC
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements
- C and S Service5401 DARTMOUTH
- C&B CONSTRUCTION CO.#1 LTD17325 EUCLID Avenue
- c. calhoun construction and custom interiors636 Hill St
- Cadillac Walls1184 Plainfield Rd
- CALDWELL CO LLC526 South Main Street 211
- Carpenter Homes LLC10255 Thwing Rd
- Carrara Construction3774 Congress Pkwy
- Cass Development LLC20941 Westport Ave.
- CC Contracting24850 Aurora Rd Ste E
- Cerha Kitchen & Bath8541 E Washington St
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Chagrin Valley Construction Inc9321 Ravenna Rd Ste I
- CHAPMAN QUALITY CONTRACTING4888 PALISADE DR
- Cherokee Construction & Home Renovations797 Chenook Trail
- Chris Demkow Design Companies1305 W. 80th St 119
- CHRONISTER TREE FARM2825 SHARON COPLEY RD
- CHUCK CARROSCIA14599 OH-86
- CLE Plumbing and Maintenance1244 Sunset Road
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Cleveland Handyman Services8222 Kenilworth Ave
- CNECPP Companies3975 S Hametown Rd
- Cohen's Painting & Papering LLC8343 Villa Marina Ct
- Complete Renovations By Corbo7793 Grenadier Ln
- Constructions Needs899 Herrick Rd
- CONTEMPO STONEWORKS & RENOVATIONS LLC4086 Rochester Road 103
- Cornett Roofing Systems1442 Amy Lane
- Courtesy Home Improvements10076 Ravenna Rd
- Cowboy Home Improvements2990 Blue Spruce Ct
- Creative Colors International17413 Woodford Ave
- Creative Home Remodeling & Improvement Solutions4814 Belle Meadow Rd
- CURB APPEAL PAINTING26351 Curtiss Wright Pkwy
- CURROW SIDING & REMODELING CO4825 NEWCOMER RD
- Custom Construction Company llc.3 apache trl.
- Custom Craft Builders5010 Mayfield Rd Ste 109
- CUSTOM DESIGN CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING5008 N SEDGEWICK
- Custom Interior Creations11240 Hawke rd.
Columbia Station, Ohio
- Custom Painting and Remodeling4704 Forest Edge Dr.
- Custom Stairs and Finishes Inc6440 Norwalk Rd Ste H
- CUSTOM WORKS CONSTRUCTION INC7134 ADKINS RD
- CY Renovations LLC5589 Heather Hill Dr
- C and S Service
- D & J Contractors Realty LLC4748 Fay Dr
- D. A. Jirsa Construction, llc11914 Bean Rd
- DA Knapp C610 Acorn Pl
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- DAC Construction LLC.31770 Hiram Trail
Moreland Hills, Ohio
- Dakota & Co.2510 McMackin Rd
- Dan The Remodeling Man52 South Doan Avenue
- Dane Contractors Inc1080 Bassett Rd Ste C
- D & J Contractors Realty LLC