Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Hillsboro, OH
There are 6 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Hillsboro
- Betts Structural Engineering LLCExcellent! Came to the home did their inspection came up with a plan and all the prints needed to accomplish the goal. Very satisfied and they explained the reasons for what changes were needed definitely would refer them to anyone with structural engineering questions. Very serious people about their profession and extremely professional about their work
- Gary J Miller Engineering ServicesCalled this man, he was rude and arrogant. I explained that I had no knowledge of I-beams and such and wanted to build a deck on my home. He emailed me his email address, I responded with what I thought he wanted in regards to a drawing of the project(I'm not an architect either). I waited for a reply and found it in my JUNK folder(in retrospect, I probably should have left it there). His ONLY REPLY was this "you didnt give me what i wanted....no house extraneous info to clutter everything up!!!! im walking away from this Gary J Miller PE CEng Gary J Miller Structural Engineering Services President (01) 412-505-3235 garyjmiller.com" If thats how you reply to a client nowadays... NOT RECOMMENDED
- Barker Construction Services LLCBarker Construction came the next day to start the demolition process, in hopes of getting everything out before mold set in. They worked quickly and effiecently. Once everything dried out, they did an amazing job of fixing everything, working with us and our insurance company, and putting everything back together. They were very quick and professional. They were also very aware of us living in the space and making sure we were comfortable in the space. Their work was flawless and everything turned out perfectly! When we renovate something else, Barker Construction is who we will call
- The Carpenter's SonsThis company gave me 3 estimates at different times since I kept changing my mind about what I wanted them to do. I had bigger dreams than my budget. So, each time they came out, I reduced what had to be done till I got a price I could go with. They were very nice about that. In the end, I was pleased with the bathroom. They were quick and cleaned up after themselves
- E E CONSTRUCTIONThese guys are great! I wouldn't give my construction work to anyone else. As with any home, we had a few small issues that needed to be resolved and Eli and his team came back immediately and fixed them even though the issues weren't their fault. We had a few pieces of concrete siding that expanded in the spring because they installed them in the worst winter I can remember. These guys still came over and fixed them the next day. Very honest group of guys and they are well worth the money. Give me a call if you would like further details about our project. 740.703.2548 - Josh Bel
- L. A. BuildersSteve White is very professional and courteous. He and his business partner Dave are very good and knowledgeable carpenters. This was the first time that my husband and I hired a carpenter and did not feel we had to 'babysit'. All work was excellent quality. We highly recommend them and will definitely be calling them for all future jobs
- Duvall HomesDennis and Ron are extremely talented craftsmen who exhibit the highest quality of workmanship. They do not cut corners in any fashion and don't ask them to! They construct your project as if they are building for themselves. Their attention and thought to detail is unparalleled. This building had been vacant for several years and the last and quot;so calledand quot; improvements were in the 1980's. The project was a complete renovation from floor joists to sill plates, from brick walls to finished interior walls. They assisted in sub- contractor selection and floor plan design. They were extremely professional, worked thru winter conditions, arrived on time, picked up necessary materials as needed, oversaw sub-contractors work and protected the integrity of the jobsite. My goal was to maintain the historic dignity of thebuilding on the exterior and stairway areas, but add modern flair to the interior of the apartments. The endeavor was a success. One of my favorite aspects of the project was the interior stairway area. They removed all the paneling and crumbling plaster to reveal the original brick walls. Much of the original woodwork then had to be replaced. They meticulously cut and matched the new woodwork to the old and were able to maintain the period look of the window and door frames, staircase trim and moulding. Loved it! They went above and beyond in sealing up the attic/roof areas from weather and critters and vented and insulated the same. I cannot recommend anyone more highly. If you are looking for meticulous construction, honesty and integrity hire Duvall Homes
- LARRY SNIPES CONSTRUCTIONI called the day before to have snow removed and left a message. They called back to let me know when they would be coming to plow the snow and if that time worked for me.
- MARK WEBER & SON CONSTRUCTIONe Do contact these people. They are a local, family owned company. They are quite busy at times and if they ask you to wait a little while, do so, they are worth the wait. On the other hand if it is an emergency they will fit you in! Don't hesitate to give these folks a call.
- BROKAW BUILDERSMy grandparent's bathroom was outdated, had a bad layout, & was hard for them to get in & out of tub. They did a custom shower (easier for them to get in & out of), moved the toilet to a better spot, put in a new vanity, put tile on the floor, & painted. My grandparent's are so happy with it, & I think it looks great. It was easy to explain to them what we wanted done, & the whole process was easy & quick. Would definitely hire them again. So happy with their service. 17
House Builders in Hillsboro
- Business Description:Wade Davis Construction is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our businessRecent Review:Excellent job building a custom bookshelf! Wade and his team are professionals, prompt, and great workers! Couldn't have found a better group. Highly recommended.Bryce W.
- Business Description:The Roof Doctor is a professional contractor based in Cincinnati, Ohio that provides residential, commercial, and industrial roofing. Shingles, metal, Duro-last, TPO, and EPDM. We also offer a variety of other services, including 5” gutters, 6” gutters, and The Gutter Genie full topper systems. Box gutter repair and replacement. Other services include replacement windows and vinyl siding. The Roof Doctor provides you with quality products installed and repaired by professional Cincinnati roof..Recent Review:Anthony and the staff did a great job and were very professional!jeff h.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:Really well. Everything was done that was agreed on. Josh and his his crew showed up on time, stayed in touch when waiting for materials, and stayed in touch after the job was completed.Jason J.
- Business Description:Here at Winchester Roofing Company we pride ourselves on building the best roof systems possible. We pay careful attention to detail while making your satisfaction a top priority.Recent Review:Very good. The best roofer in the area!Chris C.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Cincinnati! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while crea..Recent Review:Don was prompt, professional, and took the time necessary to work with us on a budget. Didn't get the whole package. But knowing how well Champion windows are made, for the price, it is certain we will have them return to install the rest in the near futureAlly A.
- Business Description:J. Alexander Roofing is the premier residential roofing company of Northwest Ohio and recognized as a Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractor. The Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractor program is an elite group that receives exclusive advantages, above and beyond those available to Owens Corning Roofing Preferred Contractors. Our customers who purchase Owens Corning Roofing products can enjoy the Platinum Protection Roofing System Limited Warranty which has a li..Recent Review:The company did call me and left a message. when I tried twice to call them I had to leave a message and they never called me back. I know my project was a small job but they could have just told me that and that would have been ok with me, I would understand. But just to ignore me. No, thanksconnie c.
- Business Description:Trusted, Bonded and Insured, Erie Construction has grown to become one of the nation's largest home remodeling companies. We offer best-in-class products aimed at improving the value of your home while saving money on your home energy bills. We've been truly dedicated to the products we offer, and we're happy to back them up with warranty's to match. Since opening our first location in 1975, Erie Construction has serviced over 100,000 customers, with over 50,000 returning to us for additional..Recent Review:Equipment left lying around. 2 -guys putting on roof were not always supervised - did not repair problem just bandaid. Was not told not removing all shingles but put on over prev shingles. Overpaid for amount work done. 2yrs later still picking up roofing nails in yard. Left box of nails in driveway dumped in gravel thank goodness found before drove overKaren B.
- Business Description:Customer satisfaction is what determines our success, which is why we take a hands on approach. When interacting with Christian Morris Construction, Inc., you will notice that we are particularly focused on the principles of quality workmanship, timely completion, competitive pricing and integrity, in all our business dealings. We combine knowledge and research with our extensive practical experience, to ensure a specialized approach for your project needs. Contact us today for a fair and acc..Recent Review:The crew seemed to do a good job, until we walked around and inspected when they finished. About a dozen screws were left out of the side cap and even more screws were found dropped all around the house. The front metal trim was all scratched up and they didn’t put the trim back on the inside of our skylights before they left. We had to call Josiah and complain and he came out himself and finished it. After he left I noticed the sharp jagged metal protruding inside our skylights and how crappy /dangerous it was my husband went to see Josiah and showed him pictures and told him how unhappy we were...Josiah basically said that his crew didn’t cut the metal the right length but he had no intentions of coming back and fixing it. Suggested we shove packing in the holes as they run straight in our house from outside if we are concerned about bugs or weather getting in. I’m so dissatisfied and disappointed! No one cares enough to do a good job anymore. They should be ashamed to put their name on this kind of workJanice D.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- New Vienna
- Mount Orab
- West Union
- Washington Court House
- Pleasant Plain
home builders in Hillsboro
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B & C Construction and Home Repair LLC825 S. Clinton St
- Barrett Mortgage Services74 E Olentangy St
- BCM Construction L.L.C.351 N Sandusky st
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC304 Long St
- Blue Ridge Builders604 Schaum Ave.
- Bridge Masters LLC9709 Manassas Drive
- Brierly Roofing LLCPO Box 53
- B & C Construction and Home Repair LLC
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Erie Construction Midwest Inc4271 Monroe St
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- INTUITIVE CONCEPTSPO BOX 899
- INTUITIVE CONCEPTS
- J Alexander Roofing865 South Main St
- J D Darling Masonry & Construction6490 St Rt 97
- J&K Contracting5253 Washington Rd
- Jeremiah Tubbs11636 Sinking Spring Rd
- JLS Contracting1107 England Hollow Rd
- Johnson Contractingpo box 11
- Jones Contracting & Construction4086 Loys Run Rd
- J Alexander Roofing
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- NVR Inc11700 Plaza America Dr 500
- NVR Inc
- Rainbow-Brown Construction2300 Robin Ln 3272 Route 133, Will., OH 45176
- Re-Source Construction2065 River Rd #26
- RELIABLE CARPENTRY208 Chase Avenue
Russells Point, Ohio
- Reliant Home Improvement, LLC104 Elizabeth Dr
- ROSS CO REDI MIX CO INC689 Marietta Rd
- Rainbow-Brown Construction
- S & N Builders Inc22426 St Rt 18
- SHROCK DRYWALL CO622 N TRIMBLE RD
- Spectrum Housing Solutions941 Market St
- SPECTRUM SERVICE LLC210 N West St
- Stephen Akers Architect, LLC311 E Main St
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STS Construction & Remodeling LLC507 East Main Street
Mount Orab, Ohio
- Superior Remodeling8347 Fryer Rd.
- S & N Builders Inc
- T-N-T Building and Restoration, LLC7061 Rings Road
- The Jubach Company25368 Creola Hue Rd
- The Plaza Motel1604 S Main St
- The Roof Doctor1128 W Ohio Pike
- Thompson Home Improvement7 S High St
- Total Home Improvement (THIsidney)625 Saint Marys Ave
- Town & Country Log Homes LLC6047 Township Road 501
Big Prairie, Ohio
- Tri Point Homes191 Stanford Parkway
- Trujillo services
- T-N-T Building and Restoration, LLC
- United Demolition Excavation & Site Management Co.130 W. 2nd St. Suite 632
- United Demolition Excavation & Site Management Co.
- Wade Davis Construction 206 Washington St
New Richmond, Ohio
- Weaver Barns Ltd1696 State Rte 39
- West Construction and Renovation6724 State Route 770
- WILCOX DESIGN & BUILDERS INC863 BUCKEYE CHURCH RD
- Winchester Roofing Company9056 Tri County Hwy
- Wyatts welding and fabrication1669 Gurneyville Rd
- Wade Davis Construction
- Zablocki Construction Inc1865 S County Road 19
- Zablocki Construction Inc