Harvesting rainwater can be a simple, environmentally friendly way to self-supply your water. But, before choosing to invest in a tank to collect rainwater, learn the pros and cons to gauge if harvesting rainwater is for you.
Get matched with top lawn irrigation services in Athens, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local lawn irrigation services.
Recent Irrigation System Reviews in Athens
- Greenkeepers Lawn Service and Landscaping Inc.They gave me ideas. You can expect nothing but the best quality work and great service. They had the lawn in and aerated the yard in a day and then did the landscaping in two days. They are awesome. They tidied up at the end of the day. Nothing was lying around.
- AK IrrigationThis work we had done needed to be completed within a very small window after the final grading of our yard was done, but prior to the lawn being seeded. AK worked with us on the scheduling, and did a great job in handling a few unexpected issue with the electrical wiring that was outside their control. In the end, the system was installed properly and in the time frames that we needed it. We've had great experiences working with AK Irrigation and I would recommend them to anyone looking for an irrigation contractor read less
- Rain One Irrigation & Drainage SystemsExcellent - they were very accommodating to our construction schedule. They were efficient, did an excellent job, were courteous, and cleaned up after themselves.
- Affordable Sprinkler Care By Jeff Benderpaid twice for the same work and still wasn't right. They promised to come back and correct. They never did show or even call.
- Athens Lawn & Gardening IncI will NEVER use this man (Kevin Martin, owner), his company, or his associates again! While he started out communicating with me very professionally by e-mail, after I discovered that he had an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau, his attitude, language, "professionalism", and behavior began deteriorating to the point that it was offensive and disgusting. Unfortunately, I did not think to check his rating with the Better Business Bureau until the evening before the work was to be done. Because (1) he had spent a great deal of time with me during the estimate (which included estimating some handyman jobs), (2) we had already made the work/payment arrangements to take place the next morning, (3) we had agreed on exterior yard work only, (4) I had been unable to find anyone else in the area willing to show up to do the work, and (5) frankly, I was afraid to back out at the last minute, I had him go ahead with the work. I did, however, e-mail him to let him know (tactfully) that I had discovered his rating with the BBB, primarily so he would know that I would be evaluating his work with a close eye. Unfortunately, I did not receive his reply to that e-mail until he was already engaged in the work, or I would have cancelled it then and there: His communication suddenly became nasty and vulgar (though not toward me personally), and from that point on, the entire thing was a downward spiral. The yard work was acceptable enough, though nowhere near what he claimed was "better than any city park." (This was at an out-of-town location; I was unable to be there while the work was performed, so I did not see it until after the fact.) I paid him only half of what we agreed to on the firewood because he (1) put it in the wrong place, (2) brought pieces that were not useable because they were HUGE in diameter, too long for my fireplace, and/or rotting, despite my specifically having given him instructions on all these details. Worst of all, he or one of his workers entered an outbuilding without permission (it had an unlocked padlock on it), and I discovered that at least one item had been stolen. (There was a hodgepodge of stuff in there, and more may have been taken, but because I just bought the place and the items had not been put there by me, I wasn't familiar enough with the contents to know what all was missing.) Although I mentioned (and he acknowledged and blamed on a worker) that someone had entered the building, I did not even confront him about the theft because I think it would have brought even worse trouble from a man with whom I never want to have contact again. Initially, I had considered hiring him to do some indoor handyman work also, but now there is NO WAY I will let this man inside my house! Furthermore, he seems to take pleasure in bashing other people's work and claiming that he is a rare bird who does impeccable work that no one else can match and that he rarely makes mistakes. (I had to laugh at the fact that the sentece he wrote claiming this contained three mistakes!) In addition, he freely uses derogatory and offensive language to refer to people against whom he is exceedingly prejudiced. When I mentioned my displeasure with his vulgar language and unprofessional attitude in general, he had the audacity to blame it on PTSD from his military experience. (I happen to be a retired mental-health professional; while the man may or may not have PTSD, the behavior he displayed is most certainly NOT a result of PTSD!) His web site is impressive--primarily because he has a "slave" (his word) who designed and manages it for him--but don't be fooled. I have owned a home and property nearly 30 years and have had my share of negative "learning experiences" in the home/yard maintenance arena; this man by far represents the worst of them. Even if he had done top quality work, I would never, but never hire him, his company, or his associates again read less
Irrigation Systems Installers in Athens
- Business Description:Another Phone Number 937-926-6531Recent Review:When hiring out, I usually expect at least something to be missed, or done in haste. I found nothing lacking here. Johnny and his men removed a huge Locust tree, leveled it with topsoil and finished it off with grass seed and straw. They trimmed our Japanese Maple, River Birch and other trees expeditiously and cleaned up way beyond my expectations! This family business does it right, and they are among the best I have worked with. This coupled with their VERY competitive quote made the whole experience very satisfying read lessNeil H.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read lessRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew read lessTyrone G.
- Business Description:TruGreen is the nation's largest provider of lawn and landscape services. We make it easy for you by delivering customized care solutions that are effective, innovative and responsible. Additional contact names - Cathleen Murphy, Tom Kiener & Jim Martineau. Additional faxes - (614) 431-0155, (614) 836-0821. Additional address - 461 Enterprise Dr Lewis Center, OH 43035, 4045 Lakeview Xing Groveport, OH 43125, 860 Ridge Lake Blvd # A1-1569 Memphis, TN 38120. Additional emails - tomkiener@tru.. read lessRecent Review:fertilization and weed control programDEANNA S.
- Recent Review:TrueGreen did a horrendous job on our lawn. Our yard has never looked this bad, we watered, mowed and cared for it as instructed. We went two months between treatments this summer. The costumer service argues that the poor quality of our lawn was due to the hot conditions this summer. Our other neighbors with lawn services do not have the same abundance of weeds. We will not be returning costumers and would never recommend their services to friends and family read lessAmy R.
- Business Description:Family Owned & Operated. Additional Email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.Recent Review:The work was done well and on time. The problem was we were given an estimate of 100-125$. The actual cost was twice this amount. When speaking to the supervisor, we were told that it cost more due to more man power. Some of their "man power arrived just in time for lunch. I thought the estimate was too good to be true. It turns out I was right. The work was done well just the difference in the price aggravated me. The wood look much better with far less clutter and weeds. They had the right equipment to do the job. <br / read lessRichard B.
- Business Description:I will have 2-3 employees and occasionally use subcontractors, deppending on the job. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. Extra charge for after hours service. May contact through e-mail or voicemail read less
- Business Description:Family Owned.Recent Review:My first exposure to this company was in the Fall of 2013. We were looking for a new lawn service, and found this company listed in Angie's List. With one positive review and one negative review, I figured the negative might just be a bad experience and decided to give them a shot. <br /> I should have seen warning signs early, but persisted. It took several attempts via email and phone to get them to respond. It was explained that the owner is deaf, and therefore I would need to leave voicemails and then expect a response later, so I patiently tried. A couple times, I did get a response once I threatened to take my business elsewhere. When I did get them to come get me an estimate, the guy who called gave me a decent estimate and mentioned a dead tree in our backyard that needed to be removed. He gave me a quote and I said I'd get back to them. Because of the expense, it took a week to decide if we wanted to proceed, but we did, and given the impending bad winter, I wanted the tree removed quickly. Again, I couldn't get a response until I threatened to cancel my business. Finally, the owner came to our house, apologetic and willing to work to get the work done. However, he claimed that the quote I received couldn't have happened, and quoted my a price at least $500 more than his employee had quoted me (I asked and repeated the quote several times, so I know it was accurate.). At this stage, however, I needed the work done, so went with it. <br /> The work, when it was done, was OK. The lawn was mowed, and while some clippings were left, overall the yard looked decent. During the tree removal, they did stack up the wood - not too neatly, but it was stacked. There was sawdust left in the backyard. Nothing horrible, but nothing to rave about, either. <br /> After it was done, the owner told me he was "taking a sabbatical after April". I took this to mean he wouldn't be doing any more work, so I was prepared to find a new provider. Then, in late March, I received a text saying they would be doing a cleanup and resuming mowing. I never replied to the text - incorrectly assuming that they wouldn't start again until I said OK. At this point, we had decided we would probably find another company. The mowing started again. So, we decided to let it continue until we could find someone else. <br /> Our yard service is paid through our wife's employer. Apparently, there was a miscommunication and the checks for the service were not sent. I never heard any issue until 11:00 on a Sunday night when I received a text from the owner. I replied that I would look into it and get him a check. At this point, Mr. Martin became abusive. He used very abusive language over text. Calling me names, using vulgar language,and saying he would continue to harass me until I paid. It was only after I threatened to contact the sheriff that he backed off. The missing payment was because of a miscommunication on my part, but before the discussion could get to working it out, he was using vulgar, insulting language. <br /> I will never, ever use this company again, and will recommend anybody to stay as far away from them as possible. <br /> I had read a negative review before and assumed it was a one-off thing. To help alleviate that misconception, be sure to read the Complaint Resolution Log at the BBB regarding this company. He used the same abusive language in response to a formal BBB complaint. <br / read lessWayne S.
- Business Description:Hydroseeding, Residential and Commercial
- Business Description:Service oriented private business serving a wide aray of customers on many tasks/projects; personal or private services, construction services, business services, financial services etcRecent Review:Horrible craftsmanship. He did not order the materials as draws were paid, then wanted more money to order materials. Installed a boat lift as part of the project, it was not installed to spec and dropped our boat. The seawall steps have washed out from rain. Left trash, building scraps all over the work site read lessAbby G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful irrigation system installer articles
When shopping for a sprinkler, deciding on the proper sprinkler head for your lawn can maximize your results. Knowing what sprinkler head is best for you will set up your yard for success. Discover what sprinkler will work best for your lawn.
Nothing can ruin your day more than excessive water pooling in your yard. Poor drainage, heavy rain, excessive watering, and lawn thatching can all cause stagnant water. Here are some tips to help diagnose and solve the problem of water pooling.
Find lawn irrigation services in
- The Plains
- New Plymouth
- Little Hocking
- New Straitsville
- New Haven
lawn irrigation services in Athens
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- CJ's Lawn & Tree Service144 Willis Avenue
- CJ's Lawn & Tree Service
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- Punisher Energy
Milton, West Virginia
- Punisher Energy
- Re-Source Construction2065 River Rd #26
- Re-Source Construction