If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Warners, NY
There are 1 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Warners
- Woodford Bros IncWe just finished a big project, big for us, and couldn't be happier with the workers. Dave has been a great help clarifying an issue and the foreman Steve has kept up up to date with every move they are making. The workers Joey and Tony were polite and did all they could to keep the dust and dirt to a minimum. That was a tough job working in a crawl space and having to enter and exit the house in the snow and bad weather. Other craftsmen (that's all I can call them, they were so in tuned to what they were doing) came in during the week to lend a hand, and they too were top notch. I will say, I am sure not everyone wouldn't mind the dirt tracked through the house, but they made every effort to clean up the last crumb. Thirty years ago Woodford Bros. added a large addition to our house and couldn't think of any other company that we would think of using. We are happy to refer Woodford Bros to anyone
- Woodford Bros IncThere is probably no one better to hire when you're having trouble with the structure in your home. They offered honest, direct advice and I felt educated after my interactions. They were very ethical and extremely professional. Everyone from the receptionist to the salesman (Mark) that came out to give the estimates were so friendly
- Woodford Bros IncSuper job, Crew Chief, Gary was superb, did what they said they would do and more, This company is a class act. I thought their price was a little high, in the beginning, but by the time the job was done and I saw the quality of their work, the care they took to not make a mess, cleaned up every day, showed us what they did each day and explained why they did what they did. I cant say enough good about these guys. If you have a problem Tom Woodford DOES INDEED ANSWER HIS PHONE and he will speak to you promptly should you have a question
- Woodford Bros IncI didn’t proceed with the job because of the money involved. They were excellent and very professional. Their quote was reasonable for what I was thinking of having done. They didn’t harass me or anything. They just did one follow up call and didn’t bother me after that. They responded very quickly when I asked them for a quote and they were on time
- Woodford Bros IncI have not scheduled this company because the structural repair needed is due to a (standing) water problem in my dirt-floor crawl space, that I feel cannot be remedied with ventilation and a vapor barrier, which they did offer as options. At this time I am evaluating other proposals for keeping the space dry and controlling the humidity, so as to avoid having to replace beams in the future
- Woodford Bros IncWhile in the process of extensive remodeling a structural problem was detected where the floor-joists for the second floor of the house were separating from the primary support beams. In addition another support beam was found to be structurally compromised which was the cause of the joists moving. Woodford Brothers representative came right away when contacted - evaluated the situation and reviewed a resolution plan with our contractor and myself. A part needed to be custom manufactured and that took a few days - they then came and installed that part to reinforce the structure of the second beam and then using steel cables reinforced the integrity of the building by pulling the joists back into their positions and preventing further separation
- Woodford Bros IncMet the company representative at their booth at the 2013 State Fair on Labor Day. Asked for a work estimate for a structural modification. One month later after not hearing from them, I called to ask if they would be scheduling an estimate. A week later their estimator came out. He said it might take two weeks to complete the estimate. After another month I call again to get the details. I also asked for an option for what I thought was a simplified version of the work. Around two weeks later (it's now November) they mailed the estimate. It was thorough but the reduced version was only $2k off the cost of the full project and there was no detailed drawing of the second option
- Woodford Bros IncThe solution provided was considered and more research done later on supplied different solution. Therefore,I did not use them .
- Woodford Bros IncGood salesmanship and promises up front , high prices. Apparently it's a crapshoot what work crew you get. The crew I got did extremely sloppy work, made lame excuses for shortcuts they took and damage they did, needed constant supervision to check on the work quality, took triple the estimated work time, (promised 2 days, took 6 and kept us and our kids up until 10:30 pm the on last day because they had another job scheduled), and finally needed the intervention of a supervisor in order to finish with barely acceptable job quality with a gravelly mess left around my sliding door. They used property without permission. It was overall an unpleasant experience having them in my living space, I ended up having to move out until they were finished. I hope never to have to repeat that experience. Hopefully the work they did will be effective in keeping water out of my basement during any upcoming monsoon
- Woodford Bros IncThe work team was very knowledgable and good to work with. The price is approximately 75-100% higher than competition but they were able to start work in timely manner which was necessary for us. The estimator I think purposely underestimates and then attempts change orders during work which I think detracts from the professionalism. This is a practice which has occured on my job and on another that I am personally aware of. Also, the team left the worksite in disarray with empty soda cans and trash as well as construction debris throughout though they also left some good wood so in the end I suppose it evens out
Structural Engineers in Warners
- Business Description:Water in your basement? Cracks in your foundation? Leaky foundation walls? Call Woodford - we can help! Woodford Bros., Inc. specializes in basement waterproofing, foundation repair, concrete leveling, Barn Restoration, and radon mitigation. Founded in 1962, Woodford's original focus was foundation and barns. Now, we do basement waterproofing, concrete leveling, radon mitigation, and basement finishing. That's why Tom and Mike got the name "Basement Brothers." Honesty and hard work are at ..Recent Review:Still waiting for someone to contact meKENT R.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Phone (315) 876-1602 Masonry Services of NY LLC has been in business for over 15 years doing both residential and commercial work. Masonry Services of NY is appropriately licensed and insured. We want you to know that we take great pride in our work and our customer service. We do top quality work. We know your home or business is your number one priority and we want to show you the customer service you deserve. We want all our clients to be a happy repeat customers. We build anything involvi..Recent Review:I could not be more delighted by the work done by Masonry Services. I needed repairs done immediately and Wolf went above and beyond to meet my timeline. His work was professionally done; he even went above and beyond to paint the repairs. I could not ask for a more responsive, professional masonAnne S.
- Business Description:NYS Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) providing Full service engineering consulting and design services, HUD FHA 203k Consultant, Licensed NYS Home Inspector.
- Business Description:As a well known contractor for over twenty years, I have built a reputation by word of mouth. I have between three to seven employees given the workload and various specialty sub-contractors when applicable. I have a wonderful working knowledge of all aspects of contracting, from building complete homes, to additions, and remodeling I have a great working relationship with all surrounding material / lumber yeards, and specialty businesses to get what my clients are looking forRecent Review:We hired Tim Allen Co. spring of 2011 to build an addition to the back of our house. This addition included a new kitchen and office area, and total new roof. <br /> Mr Allen began working in July of 2011 and was not finished until October. He and/or his workers would be here for a day or two then not return for several days in order to work on another project. Often, he would have his young elementary age sons with him and even helping him on the roof. During the initial demolition, they failed to properly cover the framed new roof and when it rained, water came pouring into the existing house warping the floor. Tim Allen said it would dry and was not concerned. The project was not finished until October of 2011 and we remained in contact due to the buckling of the kitchen floor. Through our own research, we discovered that a kitchen island and new kitchen cabinets should not be installed on top of a floating laminate floor. This was brought to Mr. Allen's attention and he agreed he would replace the damaged area of the floor, although phone calls to him went unanswered. <br /> Then, during the next winter we discovered that water was dripping from a beam in the basement and shortly after, discovered that the water was leaking in the kitchen from where the new addition connected to the original house. Mr. Allen came out and patched the roof, told us not to touch the drywall in the kitchen to let it dry. He said he would come back after the winter and make the necessary repairs to the roof and the interior walls. Last spring we began calling Mr. Allen to schedule him returning to fix the roof, the interior water damage and the buckling kitchen floor. He did not return our calls. <br /> We have contacted an attorney and after two letters were sent to Mr. Allen, he now assumes no responsibility for the damages. <br /> I strongly discourage anyone from hiring Mr. Allen....he has our money and we have been left with a leaky roof, interior water damage, and a buckled kitchen floor. He has acted in an extremely unprofessional manner. <br /> <br /> <br /Ruth Y.
- Business Description:BaP Architectural Services is a full service Architectural/Engineering Firm with offices in Apalachin and Cape Vincent, New York. We are Residential and Light Commercial Specialists devoted to providing complete Architectural Design and Engineering services to clients,organizations and Industry. We are New York State Licensed Professionals and have been providing Design Services throughout New York State for more than 48 years. It has been our pleasure to extend our services over the years to..Recent Review:We met with Bernie at our home, reviewed our requirements and he prepared a very professional presentation. When we asked him who he might recommend as a contractor(s), he gave us a referral. We asked if there was anyone else...just that one. We called that firm. They came to the house. We talked. We came to learn that the contractor, which has a wonderful reputation, is the brother-in-law of Bernie. When we asked if they would work for us if we elected not to hire Bernie, they said they would and we never heard from them again. Bernie did follow-up in a professional manner, but had hired another architect. <br /Elliot B.
- Business Description:I am a freelance designer. I am the owner and founder of Pablo Irizarry Designs. I work with my wife, who takes care of invoices and receipts. I take cards and online payment through PayPal. I also take checks and cash. I prefer PayPal because it is safer for both parties
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job.
Deals in Warners for Structural Engineer
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Removing a load-bearing wall can brighten up a room, make it larger, and create an open floor plan. But whether you hire a local pro or try to tackle the job yourself, learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you only break the wall, not your budge
Structural engineer costs may seem daunting when you start a new project. This guide will break down how much to expect when dreaming up a new renovation.
Find structural engineers in
- North Syracuse
- East Syracuse
structural engineers in Warners
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!