Increase your curb appeal by taking your chain link fence from dull to bold with fresh paint. Here’s how to paint a chain link fence to keep it looking great.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Syracuse, NY
There are 7 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Syracuse
- Atlas FenceI HAD ATLAS FENCE OF EAST SYRACUSE INSTALL A BEAUTIFUL WOOD FENCE IN 2015, THE WORK, PRODUCT AND OVERALL SERVICE FROM START TO FINISH WAS EXCELLENT. AFTER MANY YEARS OF HEAVY USE OF MY GORGEOUS DOUBLE GATE THE RIGHT SIDE GATE POSTS NEEDED REPLACEMENT. THIS POST WAS LOCATED IN AN AREA WHERE RAIN AND SNOW MELT WAS DIRECTED DUE TO A GRADE IN THE LANDSCAPE AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PRODUCT'S INTEGRTY. THE GRADE HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO DIVERT EXCESS MOISTURE TO AVOID ANY FUTURE ISSUES. THE WORKERS PAT AND KELLER HAVE REMOVED THE DAMAGED POST, REPLACING WITH A NEW POST, RE-INSTALLED THE GATE LEAF INSURING BOTH GATE LEAFS WERE IN PROPER ALIGHMENT FOR A SNUG CLOSURE SO THE GATE COULD OPEN EASILY AND CLOSE TO LOCK UP SECURELY. I CALLED ATLAS FOR HELP, AND JUST LIKE MY FIRST PROJECT I FELT THANKFUL THAT I HAD INITIALLY CHOSE A COMPANY BACKED WITH MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND HIGH PRAISE. I ADD MY PRAISE AS WELL AS MANY THANKS THAT THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN ABLE TO MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF PRODUCT AND WORKFORCE FOR THESE MANY YEARS! IT MUST BE GOOD MANAGEMENT TO CONSISTANTLY KEEP A GOOD LABOR FORCE AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- DiMartino Construction & RemodelingBetter than I could have hoped for. The two guys assigned to my project (John & Kevin) were always on time. The site was ALWAYS cleaned up after they left for the day. They were courteous and professional. I would hire these guys back in a heartbeat! I could not have been more pleased.
- DiMartino Construction & RemodelingWe first reviewed the area and size requirements and John gave me his idea what would look the best in matching the house. The deck size was approx. 23 ft. by 9 ft. We agreed on pressure treated wood and the deck was completed in 2 days. John said before starting the job, he goes the extra mile to provide a very solid structure. The completed deck is a testament to the quality work that John provides! It is a heavy duty structural deck that will provide me with years and years of enjoyment. I highly recommend John and his company and will use him for any future work
- DiMartino Construction & RemodelingJohn was prompt,never late to any pre construction meetings. John stayed involved in the project from beginning to end and was hands on during critical stages.The project started on time and was completed on time (1 day delay due to bad weather). I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to deal with a company that says what it does and does what it says in this day and age.We plan to redo our kitchen in the future and I would not consider using anyone but DiMartino Construction
- DiMartino Construction & RemodelingIt went fantastic, from start to finish the work is great quality and it looks wonderful. I could not be happier with the outcome.
- Atlas FenceEveryone with whom I interacted at Atlas was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly, and our stunning new fence truly enhances the appearance of our home. So happy with our decision to work with Atlas.
- Atlas FenceAtlas Fence constructed, on site, a new wooden single gate (to replace the badly decayed gate), ensuring that the style of the gate was fully compatible with the style of the existing fence. Atlas Fence also repaired the non-aligned gate by shaving ½ inch off the gate edge. Atlas Fence cleaned up and removed all debris. Overall, Atlas Fence performed this project in a workmanship fashion---a professional job all around
- Atlas FenceAtlas had to remove an old wood fence first, and then came back to begin drilling all the post holes. Once the posts were put in place (3 feet deep, guaranteed) and in cement, they waited for this to harden for 3 full days and then came back to begin the rest of the fencing. Between getting the fencing in, and installing 3 self-closing gates, that took a total of 2 more days. The installation was very professional. We had one gate not closing properly, so they returned within 3 days of the complaint to correct that. I could not recommend this company more
- Atlas FenceFrom start to finish, we were very satisfied with Atlas and the job they completed for us. The installers were prompt, neat, and polite throughout their time at our home. The finished product looked wonderful.
- Atlas FenceWe had Atlas come out to give us a quote for black vinyl chain link fencing around our back yard. They came out very soon after our request and a very knowledgable employee with sales and installation experience was able to answer all of my questions and provide excellent information about what they would do, how they would do it, and the best products for our purpose. I was struck by how patient and attentive the salesperson was. There is no better way to say it than to say they blew the competition out of the water, in terms of professionalism, price and knowledge. I had three other local fencing companies come out to give me estimates and some couldn't even answer my questions about materials or installation practices--and their prices were the same or higher. There was a longer wait time for the Atlas installation, but I was willing to wait for the superior quality and service. They installed the fencing around the perimeter of our property, after staking out carefully with our survey. With a very wooded backyard, slopes and dips and two gates, the fence installation was outstanding. It fades into the landscape and we have not had any problems. Their follow up to ask about our satisfaction was excellent, as well. Atlas' customer service is beyond compare
Last update on October 19, 2021
Fence Contractors in Syracuse, NY
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
With so many types of wood on the market, choosing the best wood for fencing is the key to having a long-lasting fence. See our picks for your next project.
How to DIY a cedar fence on your property, from keeping it stable and protected from moisture and rot to preventing problems with your neighbors.
Find fence companies in
- North Syracuse,
- East Syracuse,
- La Fayette,
Fence Companies in Syracuse, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advanced Painting and Wallpapering412 Darlington Rd
Syracuse, New York 13208
- Butler Fence Co IncPO Box 887
Syracuse, New York 13209
- Impact Home Performance1120 Westmoreland Ave
Syracuse, New York 13210
- LEADER FENCE COMPANY1900 BREWERTON RD.
Syracuse, New York 13211
- Rapid Renovations222 Volney dr
Syracuse, New York 13212
- Seth Paints616 S Beech St
Syracuse, New York 13210
- Advanced Painting and Wallpapering
- Brasies Mobile Welding & Fabrication
Cold Brook, New York 13324
- Brasies Mobile Welding & Fabrication
- Gasparini Landscaping5072 Smoral Rd
Camillus, New York 13031
- Gasparini Landscaping
- Wheeler & Son's LLC298 State Route 183
Williamstown, New York 13493
- Wheeler & Son's LLC
Fencing contractors that service Syracuse
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.