If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Sea Cliff, NY
There are 1 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Sea Cliff
- Precision FenceWhen my fences were first installed around my property, they looked gorgeous and Precision Fence did a great job. It is now 6 years after my fences were installed and the panels are now bowing between the posts. I am extremely displeased with the lack of communication and unwillingness to fix the issue when I tried following up. I contacted George at Precision Fence and he responded asking for pictures. Unfortunately, after this he was not responsive and took me weeks to reach out to him. He finally agreed to send out someone to fix the fences; however, the issue was no resolved and my fence is getting worse. There is a warranty on the fence that Precision Fence is not following up on. I am greatly disappointed that my fence is still not fixed despite many efforts to contact the company
- East Coast MechanicalThey are always courteous & respond quickly when I need service. The repairmen have always treated me with respect...very happy with their service!
- Home Serve USAThe service is very very good. They sign you up for a year and you can pay it off.They are very good. They came and looked at it. They said when they were going come and they were right on the money.
- Home Serve USAI have been using them for many years. The cost was covered under my contract. I like their professionalism. They do whatever they have to do until the job gets done.
- New Jersey American Water CompanyWe have a maintenance program through the water company. So if we have any problems with any kind of plumbing, or any kind of pipes, or anything like that we call them. We pay a certain amount on our bill every month, it's like an insurance policy. Anything that is plumbing related, pipe related, or electrical related then they send a local provider out. The most that it costs us is $50.00. When we pay our water bill, there is like a insurance policy that you can buy for your plumbing. They also added an electrical warranty thing too. The cool thing about electrical is you pay it every month I think it is $7.00 or something like that. The plumbing has a deductible. a $50.00 deductible, that you pay the local provider. Then the insurance pays the rest of it. The electrical, it doesn't even have a deductible for the electrical. If something goes wrong with the electrical, at the house, they send a provider out to fix it and there is no deductible. It's great. Our house was built in 1929, so the plumbing runs through the back house through the ground in through our main plumbing, and sometimes it gets clogged. I would say about twice a year we have to have somebody come out and unclog the trap. Now we know what it is, you will get a girgelling in the drain, when the toilet flushes there with be a girgelling, or the shower or something. When that happens, we now know what it is. When it first happened, we didn't know what it was. Then when we found out what it was, we just open up the trap and go oh it needs to be cleaned. Then they will clear the trap, and it runs fine for a few months. The last time we had a ton of guests. We always warn everyone, don't flush anything down the toilet that is not supposed to be flushed. Flush the toilet as much as you want, but don't put a bunch of toilet paper at one time. They are old pipes. So now we kind of have it down to a science, where I don't think we have had anyone out for more than a year now. Now we know what it is and we are careful. They came in about a year ago, and it literally took 5 minutes and boom they're out. Where as if I had called a regular plumber, it would be $150.00 or $200.00 just to have them come out. With that I already know what it is, and I save them a ton of time, I take them right to the trap and I open it and they say ok cool. The We pay $They come every month and do an inspection. They program through New Jersey American Water is great, it's 7.00 a month for both so $14.00 total, and we have a insurance policy. It's also handles the outside pipes as well. There is 3 different levels. There's the inside pipes, then the second level if you pay a little bit more it's the inside and outside, and then there's the electric. We have all 3, because we just feel like it's just better safe than sorry and it costs so much more to have people come in individually when there's a problem. They handle all the calling and all the scheduling too. So all I have to do is call one number and say hey our pipes are clogged or there is something wrong with our water. Then they send someone out within 24 hours, so it's great
- Total Protect Home WarrantyI only have to pay $85 for whatever the work is. For instance, putting in a new water heater was only $85. I need people who can do carpentry, sheetrock and plastering, roofing and things like that. Everything else is taken care of by the home warranty company. They fixed those toilets and helped cut my water bills. If you have a home you need them because the water heater I replaced three years ago would have cost me $700 and it only cost $85, because I am paying,like, $35 a month for home warranty. Their price is awesome and their quality is very good
- Sears Home ServicesI've had no problem having them come out and fixing things. They're very prompt, and you get to speak to a real person who knows what they're talking about.
- HomeServe USAThey come once a year to tune everything up. We pay an annual fee. They did a fine job. I wish they could discount it slightly. But, that's not a complaint, that's just what could be better.
- HomeServe USAI called because I couldn't get heat higher than 60 degrees. I have a service contract with them. Temp outside was 4 degrees. They informed me that because I had some heat they could only give me an appointment 2 weeks later!!! I called another source for service within an hour UPDATE: A rep called (3/314 )to ask about my negative experience. She was upset to learn that I was told 60 degrees was considered sufficient heat for a non emergency call. She said 65 degrees was the point below which an emergency call was provided. She also noted that I initially mentioned I was 83 years old and that, too, should have provided immediate attention. As a result, she sent me a check repaying the entire year's service. Yes, the experience was bad, but I think the effort to make amends was exceptional. I am, therefore, changing my ratings from F
- HomeServe USAWe have a plumbing service contract with HomeServe. The service was OUTSTANDING. The plumber called back almost immediately, he came exactly when he was scheduled (perhaps even a little early), and spent more than two hours identifying and fixing our problem. We got probably $500.00 worth of plumbing services for just over $100.00. Great deal
Home Warranty Companies in Sea Cliff
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Warning: if you are in the market for a home protection company, avoid "Complete Protection" out of Liberty, MO, found at [*** Link removed ***] Do not fall for their false claims. They provide neither "complete protection" nor quality customer service. I have a refrigerator that is less than 2 years old and today still costs $2500 new. The icemaker is freezing up and I requested service. Service company, Kitchen Ace Appliance out of Houston, was chosen and dispatched by Complete Protection to do the repair. In the process of the inspection, the serviceman scratches the face of the refrigerator. He tells us he cannot complete the repair of the icemaker without parts being ordered and requests authorization. Complete Protection decides not to repair the icemaker. Instead, they want me to go out and buy a new fridge and with proof of buying a new fridge, they will issue a $500 check. They will not pay for anyone to repair the icemaker, it's buy a new fridge or they will not do anything further. Icemaker remains broken even though I have a so-called "warranty" and no one wants to take responsibility for scratching the surface of the fridge. Complete Protection are fraud specialists. This is the language from their contract, "C. PROTECTION SUMMARY: 5. The Company will provide repair service on Your protected items to restore them to standard operating condition as a result of normal usage and electrical or mechanical component failure." This is a straight up lie. In their contract, they contradict themselves by saying "12. The Company will determine, at its sole discretion, whether a protected system or appliance will be repaired or replaced. If the Company declines to repair a protected item, You will be reimbursed towards the replacement and installation of a new protected system or appliance per the schedule in Section G." Section G says they will provide $500 for a new fridge. Really? Who can buy a new fridge for that amount of money. So no repair and refusal to pay the funds for a new icemaker without first paying thousands of dollars for a new fridge. Worst home warranty ever. #CompleteProtectionIsHorrible #CompleteProtectionWorstHomeWarrantVictor R.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:Owning a home has its challenges and dealing with emergency repairs or the need to replace a system can be overwhelming and frustrating. That’s where HomeServe USA comes in. We offer on demand emergency repair service, installations and a wide range of low-cost repair plans with access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your home's plumbing, electrical or heating and cooling systems. There's never a deductible, we pay the technician's bill up to the benefit amount and we ..Recent Review:This is an ongoing saga. My home has been without water going on 3 days now. I have had to call this company 11 times and counting to try and get service. The first 'network' contractor they sent to me hung up on me (Lorenzo Plumbing). The second contractor (Atlantic Highlands) never even called. Meanwhile I had another contractor recommeded to me by the Municipal Authority that could have already repaired this water main and Homeserve refuses to approve. Now there is a storm coming to the area. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for insurance go to any other company. This service has been HORRENDOUS especially considering I could have paid for this repair myself had I just saved the money they charge me each year for their 'insurance'Denise H.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Review:BUYER BEWARE! I bought this warranty in good faith from the sales rep with the promise that all things I needed covered were fully covered with this warranty. And with a co-pay of $45 per claim. They only cover certain amounts. They are truly just a discount plan that discounts the cost of repairs when they go over a low $ amount. You are on the hook for the remainder. When I spoke to customer service they said that was the cap and they have caps on all things based on the life of the plan so they basically don't lose money with what I have paid. My issue was my well pump system, with a repair cost of $975. They will only pay $400. When you read the contract carefully (I didn't because I trusted my sales rep and read the coverage section which clearly showed all things that were pertinent to me were covered. No mention of caps until you scroll down several pages. It says "For heating or cooling equipment appliances, plumbing and electrical(non-heating or cooling) the repair/replacement coverage is selected allowance is as an option $500. For the limit additional coverage options the repair/replacement allowance is $400." Technically a well is plumbing which means per the contract it should be capped at $500. They refuse to honor this and I cannot afford to pay to have it fixed thru them. I already gave them $1560 for a 3-year plan. When I told him the rep mispresented the plan to me and I wanted all my money back he said they cannot do that. They will pro-rate, take out the costs of anything they have paid (for the guy to come out and diagnose the problem) and then take a $75 fee. This is a BAD plan BUYER BEWARE!!Laurie N.
- Business Description:Go Green Express Home Services in the Hudson Valley is a cleaner, greener, and more cost-efficient home service company. All the technicians and staff at the company set their standards above the competition, making them the Hudson Valley’s premier choice for green plumbing, heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality, and other contracting services. Based in Newburgh, they proudly serve Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County, Ulster County, and Rockland County, NY. Whether you have ..Recent Review:Simply stated, this company is DISHONEST. Their pricing is predatory and their professional recommendations CANNOT be trusted. We had a Navien unit installed by GoGreen for our elderly parents in 2017 (as recommended by Go Green). They advised that the system would be the most cost effective and efficient. One year after the install we were advised to do an antifreeze treatment ($2,200) and then subsequently, to have a water sanitizer installed for $5,000. While we did follow through with the antifreeze treatment we declined the water sanitizer. Now, at our most recent annual check up in 2020-we were told that the "system needs major repairs"-so much that the issues could not be told to me over the phone and an additional "service" appt (not covered by the service plan) was now needed. In addition, the annual tune up “could not be performed” due to the status of the system (again- even though the issues were not be defined to me). Finding it ironic that this much service would be needed for a system that was less than three years old, we had another HVAC company- who had much more reputable reviews come to do the tune up. The tune up was completed with no problems and we were advised that the system is in good working condition. When I asked about the recommendations, from Go Green they advised that unfortunately many HVAC techs must sell services in order to get commission and that the recommendations were not at all needed. I also read other negative reviews which mentioned the same themes where the sanitizer was being recommended. I find that incredibly disappointing and wonder how much money, time and stress we could have saved by going with a different company from the beginning. I hope that this honest and detailed review can provide forewarning for other who are considering hiring Go Green for their HVAC needs. We will never do service with them againChristine P.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:ARE YOU SELF EMPLOYED AND CANT PROVE YOUR INCOME? WELCOME BUSINESS OWNERS, CONTRACTORS & ENTREPRENEURS. PROOF OF INCOME SERVICE'S PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL HIGH QUALITY REAL PAY STUB EARNING STATEMENTS AND DOCUMENTS FOR INCOME VERIFICATION WITH YOUR COMPANIES INFORMATION, LOGO, & DEDUCTIONS BASED ON YOUR STATE'S TAX RATE OR PERCENTAGERecent Review:HUGE RIP OFF ALERT THEY STOLE $1,300 from me.. Be careful with this guy I paid $1,300 for his credit line fix and still have not recieved my stellar credit score he advertised. The owner is quite a weird character too, he tries to come off as professional but he truly is psycho!? I've been calling at least twice a week to check on my order. The owner makes sure I stay waiting on the line and usually will hang up on me. There are other check stub companies out there choose anotherAfam O.
- Business Description:Federal Home Assurance is a proud seller of best-in-class protection plans for the home. A Federal Home Assurance Protection Plan can help you save time and money on covered claims. Our driving focus is your peace of mind. The Contract Administrator’s network of authorized technicians is a phone call or log in away from helping you with covered claims. The Federal Home Assurance management team, collectively, has over 100 years of experience as business owners in various service industries ..Recent Review:I am a senior citizen engaged in selling a large home by myself. I met the owner, Mike, at a Meals on Wheels orientation. I needed a handyman and he came out and fixed a broken door. I never forgot him or lost his card. This man is so excellent, and so smart, I gave him a key to my home after we did a walk through with a realtor and he took notes of all things which should be done to bring the house up to speed to sell. He took me out in a May snow storm and helped me rent a storage locker. Then he proceeded to take all items out of the house which I wanted to the locker (after hours). Many thing I just wanted to give away as we who have much should take care of those who have little. Mike would take pictures of the items going for free and would meet the people at various times (day and night). He never let me meet the people at night and handled everything for me. In this day and age to come across a person of integrity and decency and one to be trusted all at the same time is rare. Plus, Mike is smart and I've yet to provide him with one thing he hasn't been able to fix. I would be more than happy to give Mike a written, professional reference if ever he needed oneDiane M.
- Business Description:Life moves fast in the Big Apple, and Dumpsters.biz understands that your time is valuable. That’s why we guarantee speedy delivery in addition to competitive prices. We also keep our pricing 100% transparent so you don’t have to waste time figuring out how much your dumpster rental will cost. Our roll-off dumpsters can be placed exactly where you need them to make the job as easy as possible & we provide personal assistance in selecting the most affordable dumpster to job done. Affordable fl..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Find home warranty companies in
home warranty companies in Sea Cliff
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- American Residential Warranty
- Editor Pages220-46 73rd Avenue
Bayside, New York
- Editor Pages
- Federal Home Assurance LLC16 Tyson Pl
Bergenfield, New Jersey
- Federal Home Assurance LLC
- Go Green Express Home Services145 S William St
Newburgh, New York
- Go Green Express Home Services
- Hamptons Homes For Sale - Coldwell Banker Hamptons91 Jobs Ln
Southampton, New York
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- HomeServe USA601 Merritt 7 6th Fl
- Hamptons Homes For Sale - Coldwell Banker Hamptons
- iTiles & Kitchen530 Kings Highway Cutoff
- iTiles & Kitchen
- Lakeville Kitchen and Bath140 Broad Hollow Rd
Farmingdale, New York
- Lakeville Kitchen and Bath
- Oceanic Repair SvcsPO BOX 305
Middletown, New Jersey
- Oceanic Repair Svcs