A Action Appliance

Founded 1961 • With Angi since December 2006

Welcome to A Action Appliance Repair LLC. It has been my family's pleasure to service our customers in the Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Shoreline, North East, Litchfield and all of Connecticut since 1961. We service Springfield Massachusetts areas, and Rhode Island. We will be here for you, day and night, or whenever you need help to fix all brands, makes, and models of your appliances. We repair & service LG, Samsung GE, Maytag, Amana, Sears, Kenmore, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Sub-zero, Thermador, Bosch Viking, Profile and many more. You will love our 5-year warranty, clean cut professional staff, and discount coupons. Our live customer care operators are waiting to answer your questions. We thank you in advance and promise to do our best. Additional contact names - Doug Scheer, Jay Miskin. Cost is determined by the job. Appliance repair. Clothes washer & dryer repair. Stove repair. Range repair. Oven repair. Cooktop repair. Dishwasher repair. Garbage disposer repair. Refrigerator repair...

A Service Provider's profile image

4.3

appliance repair (164)small appliance repair (18)home remodeling (2)

01/07/2022

Anthony L.

Excellent. Quick fast response, and fixed the problem quickly. will definitely use again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Repaired dryer

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 12/31/2021

03/05/2021

Jean P.

Everyone from start to finish was nice & helpful. Jose was on time , professional. & knowledgeable. Oven works like new

Description of Work
Oven electrical unit

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

03/04/2021

Sus M.

Service was prompt, professional and helpful. They were up front and honest and not pushy.

Description of Work
Broken dishwasher

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

01/31/2021

Albert S.

They never showed up, 2 follow-up calls unanswered

Description of Work
Ice maker not working

Work Completed On 01/31/2021

01/04/2021

Clark B.

Brian was very friendly and professional the entire time during the service call.

Description of Work
The igniter in the gas oven needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

12/18/2020

Paul Y.

Very impressed with their follow up messaging both phone and emails. We were kept informed from an early AM call to estimate repair day and time as well as progress of tech to arrive the day of repair. Due to the Covid19 a new refrig was estimated to be 60-90 days away - none in stock due to manufacturer shutdowns. The part required was a blower motor and was shipped to our home in about a week. We then called Action Appl. to complete job and lived " happily ever after " Our tech was super polite and explained the problem in detail.

Description of Work
Refrigerator not cold / freezer fine?

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

09/08/2020

A T.

I called the company. Currently they charge $129.95 to come out and diagnose the problem, which is non refundable if you do no use their services. I asked what happens if the failed part was still under warranty for parts and labor (which mine is). They do not do work for "other companies", and if the part is still under warranty they will not do the job. So I can't rate the quality of their work. I guess you have the right to select what work you will and won't do, but I thought other potential customers out there considering this service provider would find this information useful.

Description of Work
The repair of an LG refrigerator

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

08/12/2020

Diana M.

o.k. power outage in middle of project

Description of Work
oven repair

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/07/2020

Jean S.

Very Well, the service agent was all of the above and efficient. He took Covid 19 precautions, and satisfied my concerns

Description of Work
Microwave vent needed to be replaced and the Microwave secured in place as it was loose

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/17/2020

David R.

Service man was polite (wore a mask) and professional. Performed the repairs quickly and left the area spotless

Description of Work
Stove repair

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

07/13/2020

Harper D.

Never contacted me! Don't know if it's Angie's List's problem or theirs, but zero return? Bye. Josue of Quick and Eazy Repairs did a great job.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair.

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

06/19/2020

Margah L.

Technician ordered the part after a thorough check of the machine. Part was sent to the house and an appointment made to install it.

Description of Work
Diagnose and order a new part for a Bosch clothes washer.

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/17/2020

Daniel B.

Great. Brian fixed the fridge on the spot with no mess and was professional with a great attitude throughout. He ordered a part for the stove and I will wait for that to arrive. Extremely positive experience

Description of Work
Work on refrigerator and stove

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

06/07/2020

Celeste P.

I called Action to repair my 30+ year old Maytag dryer in my Suffield CT home because it wasn't drying clothes. Tom came on Monday, diagnosed the problem and ordered the part. After the part arrived on Thursday, I called to see if I could get it installed on Friday before the holiday weekend. I was assured Tom could make it. He arrived late in the day, finished the repair around 5pm and still had another job to do. In spite of his long day and warm weather, Tom was pleasant. For the diagnosis and repair, they put me on the schedule for the day but could not confirm a time. While this was inconvenient, I appreciated their responsiveness.

Description of Work
Repair older Maytag dryer

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

06/01/2020

James S.

Excellent work... responsive, professional and reasonable

Description of Work
Quickly diagnosed and fixed my refrigerator.

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/29/2020

Castro H.

Repair was not able to be carried out. But the technician gave us a honest and solid course of action. Saving everyone time and money

Description of Work
Repair work

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

05/22/2020

Terry G.

I didn't use professional recommendation. I found contractor on my own.

Description of Work
I didn't use this contractor....we repaired it ourselves. But he did call us...repair was done by the time he called.

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

05/20/2020

Susan M.

Service main had control board in his truck and was able to replace it immediately. Service was completed successfully on only visit.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was not cooling properly with frost build-up. Main control board was replaced.

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

05/20/2020

Sue F.

There was a hiccup with a part, no fault of Action Appliance but this company is receiving an A+ rating from me and I highly recommend them if you ever need appliance repair. Their professionalism from start to finish cannot be matched. The customer receives email notification every single step of the way and the Technicians are friendly and know their stuff. I can not say enough how pleased I am! Thank you so much to all the Tom’s who made my experience beyond pleasant. I appreciate you all so very much!!

Description of Work
Washer Seal Repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

05/11/2020

Merri W.

Larry was prompt, professional and got right to work. He explained things Thoroughly. Luckily it was just a drain issue. I highly recommend this company and hopefully you get Larry!

Description of Work
Washer repair.

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

04/24/2020

Dianne D.

It took three visits as they sourced the problem , find parts and fix it for the least amount of money.

Description of Work
Repair dryer during the quarantine

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/14/2020

Meleisa H.

Came the day I called and diagnosed the problem. The part arrived 2 days later and they installed it 2 days after that. Their responsiveness was much appreciated especially since we are home bound due to the covid19 shutdown. They took the necessary safety precautions and came into our home.

Description of Work
Refrigerator wasn’t working and needed a new part.

Work Completed On 04/14/2020