Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Pawling, NY
There are 14 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Pawling
- Free Flo Sewer and Drains LLCFree Flow put a brand new leach field in my back yard. Jack Brand is professional, hard working, extremely knowledgeable and very reasonable. He makes sure that everything is done with excellence! I am very happy with the job he did and would recommend him to anyone looking for Septic work. He is also responsive to questions and maintains communication during the whole process . Great job
- Free Flo Sewer and Drains LLCFree Flo sewer and drain did an amazing job repair my septic system! They were efficient and very clean would definitely recommend and use in the future!!
- EZ Septic Service & RepairEZ HVAC Plumbing & Septic Repair is an awesome company. I would gladly hire them again for any plumbing or septic repair.
- Stone Ridge ExcavationI highly recommend Stone Ridge Excavation. I had an urgent failure with my older sceptic system and Stone Ridge responded to my call extremely quickly. George and the team carefully isolated the deficiencies using various testing tools and technology, and promptly enhanced the leach field and sceptic tank to resolve the issues. I am very gratefu
- Stone Ridge ExcavationWork was done promptly and as discussed. Very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Would hire again
- ProSepticFast and friendly! Needed emergency pumping of septic, and they arrived within minutes! Would highly recommend!
- Blackrock Excavating CorpDoug is a scam artist. We first used Doug 5 years ago to put in a new leach field and septic. He was paid in full for the job and was supposed to come back and finish grading the yard. He never came back. Doug has refused to answer text messages or phone calls. 5 years later we needed to have the septic pumped. $2500 later to fix all of the things Doug did wrong or didn't do at all. Hopewell Septic was shocked with that they saw. My husband again tried calling him to get more info. He called back and said he was in Mexico and would call when he was back. No return phone call. After reading multiple reviews saying the same thing I would assume Doug is in Mexico avoiding people he has screwed over. Do not use!!!
- All In One Construction NY, LLCJimmy came over right away, he was courteous and took the necessary measurements and contacted the city departments for us. The proposal came in right away and was competitive with other contractors. We ended up resolving our issue, and not needing to initiate the project right away, but we really appreciated their promptness and transparency in providing us with an estimate
- Knox Septic Sewer ServiceThey did a wonderful job. They were prompt, explained what they were doing and kept me informed. Totally professional.
- Great Bear Septic ServiceGreat experience. Spoke with a live person to schedule appointment. Mike was on time, friendly and professional.
Last update on December 29, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Pawling, NY
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- New Fairfield,
- Dover Plains,
- New Milford,
- Hopewell Junction,
- South Kent,
- New Preston Marble Dale,
Septic Tank Contractors in Pawling, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Blackrock Excavating Corp22 Vidi Dr
Salisbury Mills, New York 12577
- Blackrock Excavating Corp
- Call Clint Plumbing and Septic Services75 W Rd
Pleasant Valley, New York 12569
- Call Clint Plumbing and Septic Services
- SEP-TECH476 STATE ROUTE 376
Hopewell Junction, New York 12533
- Southeast Plumbing & HeatingPO BOX 110
Brewster, New York 10509
- Spartan Roofing PO Box 291
Hyde Park, New York 12538
- Spirit & Truth Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 355
Salisbury Mills, New York 12577
- Stevee Excavation Inc. 38 DEER RIDGE RD
Wingdale, New York 12594
- Your Vision Contractors25 Rocky Rd
Hopewell Junction, New York 12533
- Your Vision Contractors
Septic tank companies that service Pawling
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.