The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Oneonta, NY
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Oneonta
- Alden PaintingJohn and his team completed the work in a professional, timely, and efficient manner. Perfect job from top to bottom. John is a true gentlemen. True to his word, reliable and honest - with an excellent work ethic. In my opinion, hire him. You will be extremely pleased with his work product.
- DD ConstructionWe recently hired Darren and his crew to do a complete bathroom remodel in our home. This was the first huge home renovation project we have done and to say we were nervous is an understatement. Darren and his men went above and beyond our expectations. What we were told by other contractors would take weeks to do Darren and his men were able to do in 7 DAYS at a more than generous labor cost. They completed this work efficiently and with amazing attention to detail and craftsmanship to boot! They were also VERY considerate about containing any mess to just the bathroom area which was appreciated more than they know. This was a new and overwhelming at times experience and Darren answered every single one of my questions quickly even in the middle of his busy day at my home. D&D construction will be my go to business for any projects and renovations I have in the future! You won’t be disappointed
- A & B Home Service LLCA & B HOME SERVICE did an excellent job on my roof from start to finish!! They took off 2 layers of the old shingles, replaced my 2 skylights and installed ice shield, the underlayment and shingles in just 3 days!! And they did an excellent job of cleaning up!! These guys were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs their roof replaced!! Thanks for the beautiful roof!
- Felders Roofing & General ContractingExcellent service. Responded during a rainstorm and went right to work to diagnose and fix the problem then offered to be back if that did not solve our problem. We have always had excellent service from Felders whether it was installing a whole new roof, repairing a ridge vent, or diagnosing a roof leak
- WLD ConstructionStarted project..then disappeared for 3 plus month before he was fired...had to take to court to get deposit returned..he still refused to return stolen deposit
- WLD ConstructionStarted project...worked 1 day then disappeared for 3 plus months before being fired..took to court for return of deposit..won but he still won't return money..he should be in jail
- Mack Of All TradesI had a lot of various tasks addressed in my 1850's home in Victor. Indoor painting, deck staining, curtain rods hung, replacement of door hardware, refinishing an old closet, gutter work on small roof, replacement of dryer vent , odds and ends repair in the home. They replaced my water heater as well. I had several different handy men and all were very polite and responsive. They were good when I gave suggestions or asked for attention to detail. Very pleased overall. More work planned in the Spring
- JTC Remodeling IncWe are extremely happy with the results of our remodel performed by John Schroeder of JTC Remodeling. We stumbled upon John from a referral of another contractor. He and his brother in law Dale did an exceptional job on a very difficult remodel. John gave me an estimate that was thorough and detailed and at the end of the project there were no surprises. He was on site when he said he would be and didn’t disappear during the job. We renovated an attic space adding a set of stairs from the first level to the attic in our cabin on the Lake. We added a large bedroom, new bathroom, TV area, additional storage, 2 windows, lighting, new outlets, custom shutters, some siding repair and split system Air Conditioning units. Sounds easy, however the floor Joists were not uniform, the space had no insulation at the beginning so it was extremely hot, due to the angles of the roof some of the space was very confining and we had to figure out how to add a set of stairs, plumbing and other items in a very small area. That said, John’s attention to detail solved a major obstacle we had with this project. He consulted with a stair contractor that enabled us to add the staircase without significant impact to our first floor living space. He figured out how to build the stairs to code in a very tight area. John takes his work and reputation seriously. He goes above and beyond to ensure the customer is happy with the results. He did this job over 6 weeks while we were over 3 hours away. We entrusted him with our house and the $40,000 investment we were making from afar. Like any significant project, we had a few issues come our way, however working through those issues were relatively easy. John has a list of subcontractors that are also very talented and trustworthy. We would not hesitate to hire John again or refer him to anybod
- Norb Miller General ContractorWe were very pleased with Norbs experience and judgement in doing this job. He encountered unforeseen issues such as rotting wood and guided us through the decision making about how to handle it. We could tell that his priority was doing the work correctly rather than blowing through to get on with the next job. It took some creative carpentry to 'wrap' the supporting pressure treated wood with a timber tech fascia to obtain a uniform look and Norb was up to the task. He was always personally on site. He even noticed that a poorly hung rain gutter was dripping and damaging the previous deck. He removed and rehung the gutter, and replaced the foam leaf blocking system. It's rare to find someone who cares about a project as if it was his own home
- Dan Bie Custom Contracting IncAny time you build a house, you deal with weather elements, timing elements, and unexpected turn of events, all of which provide levels of stress. No matter what, we had faith in Dan Bie and his crew, and they delivered! Dan is a consummate craftsman, and does not do any job half-way. He is upfront about the fact that the job will be done right! We appreciated the fact that Dan was always up front. He and his crew were there when we expected them to be there. He explained the steps of a modular build to us, and involved us in all the decision-making in a most timely manner. Besides, he's a great guy, and his workers are professionals with great talents. We were really hands-on - not in the building per se, but in being part of the construction "brain". We served as our own "general contractor" for the early part of the project (new well, excavation, foundation, septic system, etc.) but Dan gave us the names of contractors that he trusted, and that were also well-priced and professional. Everyone who has seen our house has not believed it is modular construction. The custom design work - both inside and outside - has made that special difference. And Dan Bie is the right guy for the job. Photo credit: Antony Gravet
Contractors in Oneonta
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:40 years in business & New York’s largest family-owned and operated Home Improvement contracting company! We offer our customers in the Otsego, Chenango, Delaware, Broome and Schoharie counties, the best value and peace of mind that only a long-established and experienced company can offer. From your home’s roofing replacement needs, new and efficient windows or doors, energy conservation improvements like insulation or high-R vinyl siding, remodeling your bathroom, and even building you a be..Recent Review:We used The Powell Company for several jobs on our house near Oneonta before realizing our mistake, so we have the experience to warn others. First, this company makes some very stupid “mistakes”. For example, they put a downspout directly over an electrical outlet, and they replaced items on our house that were NOT the rotted ones. We had to call them back to move the downspout so it wouldn’t block the outlet, and to replace the correct items; they got angry and blamed US for cutting into their profit because doing the work the right way would cost them money. Second, they cut corners or use cheap materials despite the impact on their customers; for example, they used plastic gutter brackets that broke in a season instead of metal ones that hold up year after year. Third, good builders try to think ahead and account for contingencies in a project in advance and fairly, but in our experience Powell didn’t use its imagination because it just put all risk of an unknown or cost overrun on us. This can result in large avoidable and unnecessary costs for the homeowner. Third, being lawyers, we recognized that proposals Powell gave us, which become binding contracts once signed, were, in our opinion, unfairly one-sided — they protected only Powell in any contingency that arose during their work and if any litigation came from the contract. We tried to change this to protect ourselves too, but could not. We have found other builders who are fairer from the get-go, or who will promptly agree to changes to lopsided proposals, and such an attitude speaks volumes. Last, but certainly not least, we foolishly didn’t get other bids for a few jobs that Powell did. When we wised up, we found that Powell cost 2-4 times what other builders did for the jobs we were doing. Bottom line — we caution anyone considering using The Powell CompanyLaurie B.
- Business Description:Welcome to North American Light, Power, & Electric Corporation's Angie's List page. North American, or Nalpec, is a full spectrum service provider capable of serving you engineered solutions and precision results
- Business Description:Do most home repairs and improvements, Work mostly by myself but my 23yr. old son also works with me. All estimates are free and will be discussed in great lenght to make sure the customer gets what they want. All changes during said job will be reestimated and approved by homeowner in writing. payment to be discussed at time of drawing up contract
- Business Description:Advanta Construction is an expanding company servicing the greater New York area. We are experienced in both commercial and residential projects. Our organization consists of our coordinated, client oriented office team and our crew of skilled craftsmen well practiced in many trades; including carpentry, plumbing, waterproofing, painting, and much more. Such a vast team allows us to provide for all of your construction needs
- Business Description:All around maintenance: building, painting, siding, plumbing, electrical and so much more. All in one business.
- Business Description:Affordable Contracting
- Business Description:We are experts in restoration of water damage, fire, smoke, soot and mold.
- Business Description:Owner-operated.Charges determined by the job.Recent Review:The entire kitchen project went without any major problems. There were a couple minor problems with the cabinets fitting and Rob made the necessary corrections to make it all fit. <br />Dan S.
- Business Description:landscaping
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Oneonta
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- G.K.S.B home remodeling and contracting76 north helmer ave
Dolgeville, New York
- G.K.S.B home remodeling and contracting
- Lagonia Construction3 Prach Road
Hillsdale, New York
- Lagonia Construction
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SPH Services LLC100 Stone Ridge Rd
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
- Stanley Steemer - Vestal2325 Owego Rd
Vestal, New York
- Steelrain Construction and Restoration115 Co Hwy 29
Davenport, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sarna Construction