Fireplaces boost your home’s coziness factor, but they produce soot, which can cause black stains on your fireplace and hearth. Follow this step-by-step guide to clean soot from your fireplace yourself, plus get professional fireplace cleaning costs.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Geneva, NY
There are 1 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Geneva
- Carl's Hearth ServicesHe was efficient and thorough. Diligent and knowledgeable. Quality work! Really impressed and professional. Good integrity and honest.
- Chimney HeroesJamie was very thorough, professional and knowledgeable. We hired him to just to do a clean but as we just moved into this home we decided to have the entire structure examined......glad we did. Highly recommended.
- Chimney HeroesI am in contract to buy this house, and was concerned about the chimney and it's flues based on the home inspector's report. I called Jamie in to do a more detailed inspection and estimate. We started in the basement, where we inspected the cleanouts for the two flues. Jamie carefully determined the BTU ratings for the furnace and water heater. He seems knowledgeable in the area of furnace mechanics, codes and specifications. We then returned to the fireplace. Jamie did a careful (level 2) fireplace cleaning and chimney sweeping job. He seems careful and deliberate in his actions (a must when dealing with mounds of ash.) He did a camera inspection of the chimney. He left a clean fireplace and clean workspace. Finally, Jamie went up on the roof to examine the chimney and flues from that end. He examined the heating flue, the crown and the bricks and mortar. Jamie returned a careful and precise report on the conditions of the areas he was hired to inspect. He gave an estimate for the work he could do. Since there is some masonry work to be done, he gave several referrals for good masons to do the job. I was very happy with the experience, and plan to have Jamie as my chimney technician going forward. I did not give Jamie a grade on price because I have never hired a chimney sweep before, did not comparison shop, and have no idea whether his price was high, low or just right. Nonetheless, he spent about three hours there, has a truckload of equipement invested, and his bill was less than $100/hr, so how unreasonable could it be
- ChampsIt went well. I could not be present for the chimney inspections, but they provided me with digital images showing the condition of the flues and followed this up with a phone call to explain what they were seeing. Repair recommendations were well considered. Repairs were executed in a timely fashion. All work was neat and clean
- ChampsExcellent. Bob and his team were very knowledgeable. I plan to use them for all of my chimney services in the future.
- ChampsWith Bob scheduling is easy, he's prompt, maintains a clean work site, is efficient, and completes great work.
- Brickliners Chimney ServiceExcellent service - one of the techs was sick and owner came did the cleaning and inspection himself, then would not charge full price because it wasn't dirty enough - everything was explained and done very professionally-highly endorse this company!
- Top Hat Chimney SweepsSee note above. I commend Top Hat for their consideration and professionalism in not only calling me back, but referring me to the CSIA website.
- Stone Mountain Masonry LLCAlways provides excellent service and gives a lot of information on proper use. Is very neat and careful while working and always leaves the area clean when finished. Is a very pleasant person.; Is always quick to respond for service.They also were the service who installed the stove almost 6 years ago and did an excellent job ! I did have other chimney/ masonry contractors come out to my home prior and received poor quality work. Since using Stone Mountain Masonry I will not call anyone else
- SMOKEY THE CHIMNEY SWEEPVery well. Punctual. Professional. Did full inspection inside and out and gave recommendation for replacement.
Chimney Sweeps in Geneva
- Business Description:All of our employees have at a minimum 15 years experience in residential property maintenance. All work is discussed before hand to reach the customers satisfaction. Payment for work to be performed will be discussed at time of estimate. We offer a 10% discount to seniors on our standard price list. Sign before February 14 and receive a 5% discount on the overall estimateRecent Review:We live out of the area and have used Keith's Handyman many times to help with repairs to a family member's home. He has done roof repairs, door/framing replacements, and a bathroom remodel. We also hired him to do leaf and snow removal. All projects and services were great. His team is prompt, courteous, and takes pride in their work. We trust him to do the job right, and to do it on time and on budget. We highly recommend Ketih's Handyman and will work with them againKristen B.
- Business Description:I charge a flat rate for all jobs. I will work with most situations.
- Business Description:I have 5 member crew. We are getting new roofs done in 2 to 3 days. 15% discount for senior citizens. Additional DBA - Robert RussoRecent Review:Rob was responsive at first. He gave an estimate for replacing the shingle roof with a metal roof and replacing windows and doors. <br /> Rob stayed in contact while replacing the roof but it was hard to communicate with him due to phone issues on his end. He ordered roofing materials and said there will not be surprises. We transferred funds to metal roofing company to purchase the supplies. He agreed to give us the receipts for the metal roofing supplies but never did. We received the receipts from the metal roofing supply company. He ordered the windows and doors from Lowe's. Thankfully, we paid Lowe's directly for windows and doors. Rob finished the roof. He received a few jobs from people in the neighborhood while waiting on windows and doors to come in. He said he would be ready to install them when they came in at approximately 9/23/14. We could not reach him when the windows and doors arrived at Lowe's. As a result, we started shopping around for another contractor to install the windows and doors. After leaving messages via email and voicemail, we heard back from him on 10/15/14. At that time, he said he was ready to install the windows and doors. We informed him we were disappointed that we had not heard from him and we were shopping around for someone else to do the installation. After receiving estimates form other contractors, we decided to try to save money and give him a second chance and again we did not receive a response from him. We used another contractor to install windows and doors, which cost us more time and money. The other contractor installed the windows and doors DecemberLaura R.
- Business Description:General Contracting and Stone Masonry. 30+ years of experience. OSHA & RRP/Lead Certified. Dependable, quality workmanship, cost effective and insured services. Portfolio & References available.
- Business Description:We are here in your neighborhood to service all of your Heating, AC, Plumbing, and Electrical needs. Air conditioning and Heating repair service or replacement for residential homes and manufacture homes.Recent Review:I called Ram Air to install a new central air conditioning unit in my modular home. After installation there was a strong odor of burning rubber which made me sick. I called the owner and he came out and did something and said it was fixed. It was not, as soon as the unit came on the same odor was still there. He said it would stop after the unit was run for awhile. It has not stopped and I cannot run the unit due to the strong noxious odor. I called back and he said there was nothing he could and to stop calling him and hung up. I called the manufacture, Carrier and they gave me the name of qualified installer in the area. He said the odor was coming from burning rubber on the coil as the installer had used to much heat when connecting the lines. I called the coil manufacture and they said the same thing. The manufacture said the coil was under a parts warranty but that did not include labor which would be very expensive. I emailed Ram Air, as he would not answer my phone calls and advised him of the conversations I had and he never answered me. I am going to have to hire another installer to correct his mistakes at considerable cost to me. In the meantime I have no A/C. I can not use it due to the strong odor which is making me sickTom N.
- Business Description:We will build your dream home from the foundation to the roof.We specialize in custom masonry, USA Metal Roofing, log siding,and even log homes that are built in Europe and shipped to the US. Roofing Contractor, Deck Builde
- Recent Review:A neighbor recommended him, he was very nice, and his price was very reasonable. He was very helpful, just did a wonderful job, and I like him very much. I had no problems with him, he was very good. I wouldn't have any worries about calling him again, in fact he will be coming to check whether he can do a job in my upstairs bathroom, as he does plumbing tooRosemary V.
- Business Description:Owned & operated.Recent Review:James started and finished the work within 16 days, within the framework he quoted. He did meticulous work, efficient and worked with inspector to code.Rick M.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business , That have the right skilled professionals to get all you your contractor needs accomplished !! We have teams in multiple areas and we do use some subcontractors .. We do offer some payment options , we to offer promotions and discounts !
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Find chimney sweeps in
- Clifton Springs
- Seneca Falls
- Penn Yan
- Union Springs
chimney sweeps in Geneva
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Keith's Finger Lakes Handyman Services2508 Gorham Hall Rd
Stanley, New York
- Keith's Finger Lakes Handyman Services
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration11022 Bowen Rd
Attica, New York
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- Sarna Construction