Halco

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2008

865 County Rd 6

Phelps, NY 14532

Halco is a highly accredited, award-winning contractor that has been providing high-quality solutions to residential and commercial clients since 1984. We have divisions that offer high-efficiency heating and cooling systems, plumbing and electrical solutions, home energy assessments, insulation and air-sealing, clean renewable energy systems and so much more! We are dedicated to quality work, sustainability, innovation, and to providing extraordinary service to our clients. We are open 7 days a week until 9PM with no overtime and offer 24-hour emergency service. Halco stands alone in skills, talents, and experience. Additional locations: 1700 Trumansburg Rd Ithaca, NY 14850 204 Bass St Liverpool, NY 13088 140A Metro Park Rochester, NY 14623...

08/07/2021

Tracy B.

Amazing service. All the workers were very professional and a pleasure to work with. They left my house cleaner than when they came. Matt Dennis applied for grants for me and saved me a lot of money too!

Description of Work
Heat pump, insulation, hot water heater, electric upgrade and dehumidifier

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,water heater repair,basement waterproofing,energy audit

11/27/2019

Regina H.

Wonderful! Lance (our sales person) was very professional and knowledgeable. Dan and the install team were efficient and clean.

Description of Work
New heating system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate your business!

09/05/2019

robert L.

Halco is always dependable, what ever time or weather. We have trusted halco for all our heating cooling needs, we previously had hot air and ac installed, excellent, recently had a mini split system installed in out building with internet connectivity, the best, thank you halco.

Description of Work
Kumo cloud connected

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, [Member Name Removed]. We are so grateful for your kind words!

10/30/2018

Melissa S.

Halco did a great job. They were professional and explained each step of the process as it was a 2.5 day job. We knew it would be a messy job since it involved drilling concrete, but the team (especially Eric) was diligent and tidy throughout the entire process! We would use them again for sure!

Description of Work
Halco put a drainage system in our stand alone garage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,basement waterproofing,wells,drain cleaning

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. I am so happy to hear you are satisfied with Halco and I have shared your feedback with our team! Thank you for your business.

08/29/2018

Dan M.

I couldn’t have asked for better service! Everyone involved was very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi, [Member Name Removed]! We are glad to hear you are happy with the service provided. Thank you for choosing Halco!

08/28/2018

Fredrick F.

All went better than expected. Service was performed and overall system was checked.

Description of Work
Repair blower fan for geothermal system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]!

08/24/2018

michelle B.

This company is one of a very few that stands out in my (new) experience as a home owner. My initial contact was so positive, I didn't bother getting estimates from other companies. The rep was very knowledgeable, and super patient with my multitudes of questions. He responded to my emails quickly and clearly, and I never felt that proverbial "deer in the headlights" feeling so common with many new home owners. I can't say enough positives about him. There were a few snafus after we moved into the installation process, but once the company learned I was not happy with what happened - they fixed it. Immediately. I was actually blown away at their persistence to ensure I was happy with my new AC/heater/water heater. Just seems to be a rare thing these days - especially with contractors, etc. I love my central air. Absolutely love it. I don't expect to be any less happy with my heating system. And it is great knowing they service the units yearly, and comfort knowing they will be here if anything goes awry. I will definitely choose HALCO for my future heating, cooling, plumbing and insulation needs.

Description of Work
Installing central air, new heater and water heater. Also needing some venting in a garage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Halco! Unfortunately, snafus happen, but I am so happy to hear that we fixed your concerns immediately. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are so glad you are happy with your new systems! Should any concerns arise, please do not hesitate to reach out. Again, we are incredibly appreciative of your review and thank you for choosing Halco!

05/30/2018

eli R.

Avoid Halco Plumbing at all cost. Here is a list why.... 1. While repairing my sewer drain Gino broke my footer drain. He dismissed the broken pipe, buried the broken pipe and then when my basement flooded, Hal Smith denied responsibility because the footer drain was not marked. 2. Gino was supposed to leave my lawn as a rough grade. There were piles of brush, holes in the ground, and mounds of dirt. My husband and I spent 1/2 day "cleaning" it up. 3. Dan charged me a dispatch fee when I called him to come and problem solve the ground water in my basement. 4. Dan drilled open my sewer cap in the basement and left it. I called Halco back to replace the cap, because sewer gas was leaking into my basement. 5. Dan ran a snake down my basement floor drain and said I had a broken pipe at 2 feet. I then called Drain Brain and they were able to run a camera down the drain and out of my house a full 80 feet. If you choose to hire Halco, make sure you are home and have your camera ready to record everything. I did not, and my complaint at the BBB was not resolved in my favor.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair

Category plumbing,drain pipe,drain cleaning

12/01/2017

corinne K.

The worker were very polite and friendly. The job was done quickly. They removed the fiberglass insulation and took it with them.

Description of Work
Foam insulation under an existing structure.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed], and thank you for doing business with Halco!

11/29/2017

Jeffrey D.

All projects were completed in a timely fashion with great skill. I have found the sales staff to be very helpful in coordinating projects. Weaving solar production into emergency power generation and successfully connecting all to the grid so that everything worked well was a particular demonstration of HALCO employee expertise. The results of plumbing and associated handyman projects exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
HALCO's solar unit has installed both ground-mount DC panels and roof-mount AC panels for me with skill and attention to important detail. In addition, HALCO has installed a full-house natural gas emergency power generator which is working well. HALCO has done both plumbing repair and related handyman projects for me.

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,solar panels,generator service

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for the great review of our business and for the pictures! We are so glad you are happy with your solar system and additional Halco services. We truly appreciate your business!

Watercure USA

We have been doing Residential and Business water treatment since 1986. We can service almost all treatment equipment. Upon completion of a thorough water analysis, at no charge to the customer, WaterCure USA will select, install and maintain the highest quality water purification and filtration system available. You are assured of purity, quality and dependability. Drinking water filters, shower filters and whole house filters for residential and commercial properties are our specialty!

Comfort Heating and Cooling

Locally owned and operated

Fros Heating & Air Conditioning

Fros Heating & Air Conditioning specializes in residential comfort products and services. We provide emergency service, planned maintenance, replacement HVAC equipment, new system design and installation, and indoor air quality support. We proudly support homes throughout the Rochester, NY region.

Offers by Fros Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Halco is focused on providing high-quality energy solutions to residential and commercial clients. We have divisions that offer high-efficiency heating and cooling systems; home energy audits; and envelope improvements including insulation, air-sealing, and clean renewable energy systems. We are dedicated to quality work, sustainability, innovation, and to providing extraordinary service to our clients.