For homeowners who struggle to keep up with household those whose health prevents them from doing certain tasks, hiring help with chores around the house can be a huge help. Here are some of the best chores pros can do for you to make life a little easier
Get matched with top handyman services in Elmira, NY
There are 11 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Elmira
- Ogata SolutionsIt went really well! Good communication and great customer service. Fair pricing. Thanks guys you did a great job :-)
- M.O.O.S.E Pro ServicesHe mounted a big screen TV for me and my neighbor. He took his time to assure its done safe and correct. He respecful and professional. And the price is very reasonable. Would highly recommend using Moose Pro services.
- M.O.O.S.E Pro ServicesMusa was fantastic. Professional, polite, and knowledgeable. I will definitely reccomend to friends and family.
- Lord Glassworks and General ContractingMr. Loweth did **** of a great job. He was very professional, kept me informed of the progress, consulted me whenever decisions needed to be made, provided valuable advice, and carried out the work in the best possible way. Being a fantastic artist in another life, he had a sharp eye for detecting problems and creative ways for solving them. I found him to be extremely hardworking and he had great work ethics. The awesome part of having him do all these things was that he ended up doing far more than he had promised. I wasn't expecting all the things that he did to make my deck and porch look fantastic. In addition, he even fixed things that he saw needed small repairs without me even asking him to fix them at no extra charge. He paid attention to details and aesthetics. His work was of excellent quality. He is easily the best professional I have employed at my house. I highly recommend him. Super guy!!
- Crown Construction IncVery willing to take it all on, very careful to ask our feedback and do it right, very good about prompt completion.
- Top Notch Home ImprovementEverything was great, except it got cold and rainy before the painting could be completed. It was not the contractors fault.
- Eric Gray ConstructionEric Gray was right at the time and tried to find out the problem. At first, the screw head was ripped off, but it turned out that the direction of the screw was reversed. The hinge was placed by the screw from outside to inside. Eric Gray cut and patched the section to install a new hinge. He also placed a range hood during his minimum of a half day hiring. Due to the limitation of the previous installation, Eric also needed to patch it before the hood was installed. Nice and hard job
- Eric Gray ConstructionHe was very good, reasonable, and professional. I would highly recommend him. He cleaned up well and stuck to his estimate.
- Crown Construction IncThey do an excellent job and are true to their contract. They have very decent people working for them and they are expensive, but fair. They are professional and honest; the owner tells me what he thinks.
- Top Notch Home ImprovementI called Top Notch on a Sunday afternoon and he came over to put a tarp on my roof to prevent any rain damage. After contacting my home owners insurance, getting the required number of estimates, I had Top Notch come and re-shingle the damaged area of my roof. They did a great job, it was completed in just one day and a year later and no leaks
Handymen in Elmira
- Business Description:Welcome to A Step Above Construction we specialize in decks all concrete,ceramic tiles all remodeling from bathroom to kitchen I am osha 30 certified and with fifteen years experience we look forward to working with youRecent Review:I hired Frank to fix a bunch of little things at my new home. I chose him over others because he said he could do all of it in 4 days or less at a low daily rate of $225. He also really sold the quality of his work and attention to detail and honesty... I signed some "contract" stating the work that would be completed for not more than $1,000. I'm not sure what the point of that was (never even got a copy), because it didn't really work out that way. It ended up at $1500 in labor and 6 days. The work did get done in the end, and a lot of it was done nicely. He seems to be skilled. But there were things that made the experience a hassle and made me not trust this contractor or want to deal with him again: 1. Even though I had emailed him lists of the tasks to be done (he even requested I do so), he still would “forget” things and at one point said “I think we’re done. If you notice anything we forgot, let us know.” And of course, there were plenty of things not done or not done with care, so I had to ask for those to be fixed/completed. He put it on me to hold him accountable, and that made me feel like he might be hoping I wouldn’t notice things or would let it go. It was stressful to feel like I had to manage him, when really, he should know what needs to be done because I wrote it out and we went over it verbally too. 2. At one point he said that there would be extra materials needed for the toilet so he asked me to send him $130 on Venmo so he could buy the supplies for that the next day. Next day, he told me I owed him $130 more for materials and that he had deducted the materials for the toilet. Good thing I decided to wait until I got home and read the receipt before I paid him, because he had crossed less than $50 of materials off the receipt. So I just paid him the total minus 130. He had overcharged about $75 and I wondered if that was intentional. 3. On what was supposed to the final day, it was clear that he wasn’t going to have time to do everything we had initially agreed on and laid out in the contract. There was a complication with the roof, and he proposed a project for it which honestly seemed like a good thing to do. But it was $500, over twice his daily rate, so I was hesitant. He said he would come back for the roof and throw in the shed labor (one of the things in the contract that was supposed to be done in 4 days) for free. Well, it looked like the roof took less than a couple hours for them to do and the rest of the time (that day and the next) was spent on the shed and also finishing other things that were in the contract. So really I feel like that roof project allowed him to get paid for 2 more days of labor and provide time to finish things on the contract, and then he could tell me I was getting that labor for free. Those were things that made me uneasy and made me question if I was getting taken advantage of… It went over time and budget maybe because he overpromised things in the beginning. That list DID get done in the end and most things seemed to be done well, but it was a hassle I don't wish to experience again. I will try someone else next timeBarbara A.
- Business Description:At Ace Handyman Services, we want to help you love your home. You can expect the best in repair, remodeling, and/or routine maintenance. Our office is locally owned and operated by Nate and Amy Creery. We believe in providing exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and top-notch home maintenance solutions in the Southern Tier. We gladly provide the best quality workmanship in a timely manner. As a commitment to you, we guarantee all of our work and our handymen are bonded and insured for ..Recent Review:I made the phone call on Monday afternoon. A very professional young man was at my home Wednesday morning, and by the mid afternoon it was all fixed and looked like nothing had ever happened to it. I told him he was the answer to an old lady's prayer! The only drawback was the price, but in these times everybody needs to make enough to take care of themselves and their families, and he did spend quite a bit of time on itlinda B.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:He did a really good job. He made sure that he did the job and took his time to do the job. He made sure that he did not leave anything. He was very personable, nice and polite.K. S.
- Business Description:My recently formed company, Ogata Solutions, was created as an extension of years of remodeling work. In 2016 I undertook three total home remodels, facilitating the subcontractor scheduling, and maintaining vigil while the general contractor was away. Now that I am here in Ithaca I plan to grow my presence in the community by serving clients with best industry practices and safety at the top of mind. My sustainability background and business acumen gained during my master's matriculation in ..Recent Review:It went horrible!! My sister called this “company” to get work done on a railing that was wobbling on a front porch for my 84 yr old mother.. Evan came over to “fix” the railing. What he did was put a block of wood under the bottom portion of the railing and screwed it in the concrete steps. It took him about an hr or so. He charged her $100. I came home from work and noticed the railing was still very wobbly. It was wobbling at the top part of the railing as it was previously. I’m shocked that Evan left it like that. So I fixed the top part of the railing by wedging wood in between the railing and house and screwed it in the house. The railing is very sturdy now. Mom went up and down the stairs really good. She’s very happy with it. All done right? Nope! A couple weeks later, this morning I get a notification on my phone from my camera that there is motion detected on the front porch. I look to see and it was Evan, looking at the bottom of the railing. I came downstairs to talk to him. He said he’s here to put a brace at the bottom of the railing. I said it’s sturdy now, I fixed it. He said I’ll just put a brace here at the bottom, it’ll take just 5 mins. I said there’s no need, it’s fixed and moms happy with it. He said I’m not gonna charge anything, I don’t know what your problem is? I’m like wow?! I said we don’t need anymore work done to it, it’s done. Then proceeded to argue with me. He said I don’t even know who the f.. you are? I got a call from Jolynn to come fix it. Which was not true. I said how are you going to talk to a customer like that? He said your not my customer Jolynn is. I said I live here, she does not!! I said you charged her $100 for this and it’s still wobbly. I could’ve done it better myself. He said then why didn’t you? He said why didn’t you call me not to come over? I said I didn’t know about you at all. You just showed up here this morning. He told me that he was going to call my sister and come back to do the job.!? I said no you’re not!! I live here, do not come back here again! He was arguing with me all the way to his car. He’s very rude, swearing at me, unprofessional, very confrontational, persistent etc. When I first told him I don’t need any work done & I was happy the way it was, he should have been professional and said ok, thankyou and left. I would never recommend him for anything. Very bad customer service. No clue how he has a businessJoan R.
- Business Description:With over 5 years of professional handyman experience, here to provide handyman services, fixups for your home.Recent Review:It went very well. He was very professional and polite.Celina v.
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:Dewalt & Sons has been providing HVAC and general contracting services to the Steuben, Schuyler, Yates, and Chemung counties for nearly 45 years.Recent Review:I've already rated then once. They were the very best company I have ever hired. I would recommend them to anyone and definitely hire them again should I need their service. They were very professional.Shirley E.
- Business Description:Certified, Residential Electrician serving the Southern Tier and FingerLake Region in Upstate, NY. Wire repair, light fixtures, outlets, switches, and Electric Upgrades. Small and big Electric projects welcomed
- Business Description:The Outdoor Advantage, LLC has been making customers happy in central Maryland by performing quality work at reasonable prices since 2002. We specialize in hardscape design and installation, mulching, hauling, planting, gutter cleaning, landscaping, power washing, snow removal and general outdoor maintenance. We help the homeowner add value to their land and create beauty according to the homeowner’s budget and dreams. It is our pleasure to serve the homes of Carroll County, Baltimore Count..Recent Review:Outdoor advantage did a superb job. They removed a large (20x12) fish pond that had been in place for over 30 years. They had to haul away about 6 tons of field stone then create a flat and level surface for the pool. They then seeded and put straw down on the bare area. They showed up on time and finished at the end of the day. Outdoor advantage is my go to company for any landscaping project. I've used them many times and wouldn't hesitate to use them in the futurejim C.
Deals in Elmira for Handyman Service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
You want the best contractor for your project, so interview several people before hiring anyone. If they ask any of these questions, find someone else.
Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Find handyman services in
- Pine City
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Van Etten
- Painted Post
- Columbia Cross Roads
- South Waverly
- Beaver Dams
- Montour Falls
- Watkins Glen
handyman services in Elmira
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ABG Contracting4 Carriage Cir
Elmira, New York
- Ace Handyman Services Southern Tier1435 Upper Front St Suite 3
Binghamton, New York
- Alpha Pack Handyman18 Madison Ave
Endicott, New York
- ASU Inc3021 Lake Rd
Elmira, New York
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- ABG Contracting
- E&J Construction225 Algerine rd
Lansing, New York
- E&J Construction
- Grant & Son105 Clinton St
Montour Falls, New York
- Grant & Son
- JMR Woodworking2524 CR-60
Elmira, New York
- JMR Woodworking
- Santiago's Home Improvement525 Woodlawn Ave
Buffalo, New York
- Servicemaster Of The Tri-Counties243 Old Ithaca Rd
Horseheads, New York
- Shalestone606 North Perry Street
Watkins Glen, New York
- Snyder Remodeling, LLC907 Palmer Rd
Pine City, New York
- Struble Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.37 Walsh Road
Wellsburg, New York
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
- Santiago's Home Improvement
- THAYER'S MOBILE HOME PARTS113 LYNWOOD AVE
Elmira, New York
- The Outdoor Advantage LLC526 Belfast Rd
Sparks Glencoe, Maryland
- TheBlackwoodSpark30 Chapel St
Prattsburgh, New York
- THOMAS VESNESKE OVERHEAD DOORS924 DAVIS ST
Elmira, New York
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services18 Kendall Street
Clifton Springs, New York
- THAYER'S MOBILE HOME PARTS
- Yurchak Contracting30 Carroll St
- Yurchak Contracting