Fireplaces boost your home’s coziness factor, but they produce soot, which can cause black stains on your fireplace and hearth. Follow this step-by-step guide to clean soot from your fireplace yourself, plus get professional fireplace cleaning costs.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Bath, NY
There are 0 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Bath
- Carl's Hearth ServicesHe was efficient and thorough. Diligent and knowledgeable. Quality work! Really impressed and professional. Good integrity and honest.
- Chimney HeroesJamie was very thorough, professional and knowledgeable. We hired him to just to do a clean but as we just moved into this home we decided to have the entire structure examined......glad we did. Highly recommended.
- Chimney HeroesI am in contract to buy this house, and was concerned about the chimney and it's flues based on the home inspector's report. I called Jamie in to do a more detailed inspection and estimate. We started in the basement, where we inspected the cleanouts for the two flues. Jamie carefully determined the BTU ratings for the furnace and water heater. He seems knowledgeable in the area of furnace mechanics, codes and specifications. We then returned to the fireplace. Jamie did a careful (level 2) fireplace cleaning and chimney sweeping job. He seems careful and deliberate in his actions (a must when dealing with mounds of ash.) He did a camera inspection of the chimney. He left a clean fireplace and clean workspace. Finally, Jamie went up on the roof to examine the chimney and flues from that end. He examined the heating flue, the crown and the bricks and mortar. Jamie returned a careful and precise report on the conditions of the areas he was hired to inspect. He gave an estimate for the work he could do. Since there is some masonry work to be done, he gave several referrals for good masons to do the job. I was very happy with the experience, and plan to have Jamie as my chimney technician going forward. I did not give Jamie a grade on price because I have never hired a chimney sweep before, did not comparison shop, and have no idea whether his price was high, low or just right. Nonetheless, he spent about three hours there, has a truckload of equipement invested, and his bill was less than $100/hr, so how unreasonable could it be
- ChampsIt went well. I could not be present for the chimney inspections, but they provided me with digital images showing the condition of the flues and followed this up with a phone call to explain what they were seeing. Repair recommendations were well considered. Repairs were executed in a timely fashion. All work was neat and clean
- ChampsWith Bob scheduling is easy, he's prompt, maintains a clean work site, is efficient, and completes great work.
- ChampsExcellent. Bob and his team were very knowledgeable. I plan to use them for all of my chimney services in the future.
- Brickliners Chimney ServiceExcellent service - one of the techs was sick and owner came did the cleaning and inspection himself, then would not charge full price because it wasn't dirty enough - everything was explained and done very professionally-highly endorse this company!
- SMOKEY THE CHIMNEY SWEEPVery well. Punctual. Professional. Did full inspection inside and out and gave recommendation for replacement.
- SOOTBUSTERSVery good experience. Friendly, professional. Cleaned up completely. Only concern is that he arrived about an hour early. Not a problem, since I was off today, but if I'd been working I might have not been here on time and missed him.
- SOOTBUSTERSWe had large chunks of creosote coming down the chimney and later had what was suspected to be a chimney fire (15hrs after last fire in woodstove, felt heat coming from wall on 2nd floor). They came out and looked up to find that the chimney had not been swept before our liner had been installed by other contractor and that the liner had not been insulated. They came out later and removed the liner and insulated it (looked good, although I am no expert), brushed the chimney, and re-installed the liner. It was expensive, but I feel a lot better about it. No more chunks falling down except for some small crumbles that I guess were remnants, but even that is about over a month later. The only thing I didn't like was that when they hooked the woodstove back up they did so with it too close to the fireplace, but I fixed that in about 20 minutes with a $12 piece of stovepipe. I will get them to do future repairs and maintenance
Chimney Sweeps in Bath
- Business Description:General ContractingRecent Review:His under the table crew were punctual. She asked to paint the & fix the eves, put a new walk in door & fix a gap in the garage floor. He talked her into siding, ( more exsensive) neglected to fix the gap ( main reason for calling him) only put one eves up (2 sides to the house, duh) put the door in opposite way it was. I've called him to address the issues a few times, says **** be back " next week" hasn't ( or wont?) come back. It seems hes taken advantage of an elderly person. I would not recommend his sevices, unless you like being ripped offMaureen U.
- Business Description:Masonry, chimney & fireplace restoration. Free no obligation quote. See website for more details.Recent Review:Always provides excellent service and gives a lot of information on proper use. Is very neat and careful while working and always leaves the area clean when finished. Is a very pleasant person.; Is always quick to respond for service.They also were the service who installed the stove almost 6 years ago and did an excellent job ! I did have other chimney/ masonry contractors come out to my home prior and received poor quality work. Since using Stone Mountain Masonry I will not call anyone else. <br /> <br /Kathleen K.
- Business Description:We are here in your neighborhood to service all of your Heating, AC, Plumbing, and Electrical needs. Air conditioning and Heating repair service or replacement for residential homes and manufacture homes.Recent Review:I called Ram Air to install a new central air conditioning unit in my modular home. After installation there was a strong odor of burning rubber which made me sick. I called the owner and he came out and did something and said it was fixed. It was not, as soon as the unit came on the same odor was still there. He said it would stop after the unit was run for awhile. It has not stopped and I cannot run the unit due to the strong noxious odor. I called back and he said there was nothing he could and to stop calling him and hung up. I called the manufacture, Carrier and they gave me the name of qualified installer in the area. He said the odor was coming from burning rubber on the coil as the installer had used to much heat when connecting the lines. I called the coil manufacture and they said the same thing. The manufacture said the coil was under a parts warranty but that did not include labor which would be very expensive. I emailed Ram Air, as he would not answer my phone calls and advised him of the conversations I had and he never answered me. I am going to have to hire another installer to correct his mistakes at considerable cost to me. In the meantime I have no A/C. I can not use it due to the strong odor which is making me sickTom N.
- Business Description:General Contracting and Stone Masonry. 30+ years of experience. OSHA & RRP/Lead Certified. Dependable, quality workmanship, cost effective and insured services. Portfolio & References available.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business , That have the right skilled professionals to get all you your contractor needs accomplished !! We have teams in multiple areas and we do use some subcontractors .. We do offer some payment options , we to offer promotions and discounts !
- Business Description:We will build your dream home from the foundation to the roof.We specialize in custom masonry, USA Metal Roofing, log siding,and even log homes that are built in Europe and shipped to the US. Roofing Contractor, Deck Builde
- Business Description:A locally owned and operated business, with the customers budget, quality, and satisfaction in mind. 24 hour emergency calls welcome.one time done right, your way.
- Business Description:I charge a flat rate for all jobs. I will work with most situations.
- Business Description:Owned & operated.Recent Review:James started and finished the work within 16 days, within the framework he quoted. He did meticulous work, efficient and worked with inspector to code.Rick M.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs- D.sisson Chainsaw Sales & Serv, David Sisson Chain Saw Sales & Service. Additional contact name - David J Sisson.Recent Review:The service was outstanding! I can't remember the woman's name off the top of my head, but she talked us through how everything works and then gave us all of our options. She priced out multiple inserts so we would have an idea of what we were looking at. After shopping around for awhile we know that no one can beat their prices! Also other stores were reluctant to do multiple quotes as if there was not enough time for that. I would strongly encourage anyone to make the drive out and work with this family owned business, purchasing with them was a dream! <br /Tiffany G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Find chimney sweeps in
- Painted Post
- Beaver Dams
- Watkins Glen
- Big Flats
chimney sweeps in Bath
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration11022 Bowen Rd
Attica, New York
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration
- TJR Handymen2956 2nd ave
Wellsville, New York
- TJR Handymen