Gary The Handyman

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2011

Please visit my company website www.garythehandyman-nc.com for a prompt fast response! Best way to get a quote or schedule an estimate is to visit our website! Gary the Handyman is a hard working carpenter with over 27 years of experience in new home construction, additions and home remodeling. He is dedicated to providing his customers with high quality services at affordable pricing. Gary Mueller comes from a family of quality carpenters which has helped to make him well rounded in all areas of home repair and remodeling. In Gary Mueller's time as a carpenter he has been very successful in all fields of his trade. He has built small additions as well as homes over 10,000 square feet with varying degrees of difficulty. One such home was a guest house he built for the former General Motors President Rick Wagner. While only 2,500 square feet it was complicated in design which provided a welcome challenge to really apply his knowledge and skills....

Jss Martinez Painting, Inc

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Xtreme Painting LLC

Xtreme Painting, LLC, has been dedicated to this craft for over 15 years. We pride the company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We strongly believe in giving our absolute best in all of our projects no matter how big or small. We are experts in our trade and will always keep you educated on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business!

JL Morales Painting, Inc.

Serving the Triangle for over 15 years, we offer exterior and interior painting services – both residential and commercial – including drywall repair, carpentry work, ceiling texture removal as well as deck and fencing repair and staining. All estimates are free and we'll work around your schedule as much as possible. We service Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Morrisville, Durham and other areas throughout the Triangle. Give us a call today!

Offers by JL Morales Painting, Inc. on Angi

12/23/2020

Shayne C.

We used “Gary” for some work and I’m left incredibly frustrated with the poor quality work and his response. I would never recommend nor use them ever again. We paid nearly $2k for drywall work and a few other smaller tasks. Handyman was nice but didn’t wear a mask and left his work area extremely dirty, splashing paint on random walls/floors. The drywall work was not good as some cracks reappeared immediately (didn’t use tape, just quickly slapped mud on), and the paint was horribly matched- like not even close (which Gary shrugged off a picture of by claiming “we say we can’t match” in the fine print), and the cherry on top was tub caulking that literally peeled off upon the first shower days later. His website touts a two year warranty (but not on drywall or paint, so thanks), but if you aren’t happy with the quality of work performed by your handyman he subcontracts out to, he just responds with “XYZ is really good, I’ll send him back out to fix it to your satisfaction.” How about no! They messed it up the first time, why would I trust them again? We’re now having to repay for all that work to be redone correctly. Never trust a handyman who has to advertise on Google to get business and never trust someone who subcontracts out to the lowest bidder. Gary overcharges per job and they underperform. Do not trust the reviews.

Description of Work
Drywall and smaller tasks

Category handyman service,interior painters

12/09/2020

Lillian M.

Richard and David did an excellent job on each project. It was a pleasure to work with them. We will definitely use Gary’s services again.

Description of Work
A number of fixes were handled including some rotten subfloor, drafty doors, rotten threshold and replacing an outside vent cover.

Category contractors,handyman service,woodworking,doors

05/20/2020

Isaac E.

I highly recommend Gary & Richard. There was a lot of work done, and it was done exceptionally! The entrance, exit, and restroom doors to my restaurant were in great need of repair. The doors are used heavily. Richard was very thorough and has an excellent eye for detail and takes enormous pride in his work. If you need a Handy Man Service, go with Gary's Handyman Service! Sincerely, Isaac Evans - Cary, NC.

Description of Work
I had 7 doors repaired for my business.

Category handyman service,remodeling,doors

09/27/2019

David L.

It went smoothly and efficiently. It was a most satisfying experience.

Description of Work
Several miscellaneous repairs

Category gutter repair,handyman service,siding

09/24/2019

Rene B.

Excellent job on swing assembly Excellent job on hanging peg board Installer informed me it was the wrong type of cat door too install, which I appreciated so that was not accomplished on the day the work was performed therefore is not assessed in the rating. My frustration was with the quality of the paint job to the new door. The person did an good job at smearing the paint - I can see that it was covered. However, I was assured that quality paint would be utilized. When the workman arrived and I mentioned that they were providing paint the response was "I think I have some in the truck". It was clear that paint had not been purchased for this specific job. The door shows gray metal (color of the new door) through the white paint. I've had several folks ask me if I was gonna paint that door. When I contacted Gary he told me it would be the same price to get this resolved (second coat of paint as the first coat.). I believe that $327 to paint double doors a second time because the first coat did not cover it is not a reasonable price. He did not bother to come take a look himself at the cost estimate or the finished product. Therefore I cancelled any remaining work and decided to seek an alternate provider to install the pet door and I probably will just paint the door myself. I included a picture of the paint job. Hopefully you can see the color variations.

Description of Work
I need a new door painted, porch swing assembled, peg board hunt and cat doors installed.

Category handyman service,house painters,interior painters

04/08/2019

Jeff H.

Gary and his team never did the work but I am writing a review because I want people to know that he is very expensive. He wanted over $400 to do about an hour of work. I wanted Gary’s help with this small project because I’ve had to travel a lot lately for work and to visit my ailing Dad. I was willing to pay $250 for the hour of work, which I think is more than fair.

Description of Work
Replace plastic strip under front door and plastic strip in base of door frame.

Category doors

03/18/2019

Nate M.

I called Gary the Handyman to find the source of moisture ingress on our roof and to replace the rotting wood resulting from the moisture ingress. The estimator arrived at the appointed time. He did a very good job explaining his observations. He was very thorough and professional. I received the quotation the next day. The quotation was reasonable. The repair person arrived on the expected day. He did a very good job. He found that the damage was more extensive than first predicted. He communicated the changes to me. I authorized the additional repairs. The repairs were completed in a timely fashion. I highly recommend Gary the Handyman. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Roof repair (specifically damaged flashing), replacement of rotting wood and damaged siding

Category roofing,siding,water damage restoration

03/13/2019

Richard M.

Went very well. In fact when final invoice came it was less than original estimate.

Description of Work
Several projects around the house

Category contractors,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

03/07/2019

Meredith M.

The two men that came over were very professional and showed up on time. They got the work done in efficiently(I thought maybe they would be there all day). I was very pleased with the result and would call Gary again to do more work around the house.

Description of Work
Lighting and roof fixed

Category handyman service,lighting,roofing

03/01/2019

Joseph P.

I had a list of small jobs that had to be done by a specific date. When Gary came out and took my requirements, I was mildly surprised to see how very tech-enabled his operation is. Pictures and written notes went into his tablet. When his workers came out they knew what they were supposed to do. All repairs were completed by the specified date and the work quality was high. I would hire this company again.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and Repainting, Leak Repair and Chimney Cap Repair

Category handyman service

Handyman. Remodeling. Kitchen & bathroom remodeling. Siding, window, doors & exterior trim rotted wood repair. Electrician. Plumber. Crown molding. Carpentry. Painting. Sheetrock. Tile installation. Basement finishing. Gutter cleaning. Power washing. Deck building. Screened in porch building.

Ask for details.