Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in New Ulm, MN
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in New Ulm
- John HaabalaJohn and his guys were great. They were trustworthy and did a good job. We were out of state for some of the time and felt good leaving our project in John's hands.
- Tysdal ConstructionI highly recommend Tysdal Construction and JerameTysdal to anyone who is building a new home or have other construction projects. We’re just celebrating the first-year anniversary of our new home and we’re just as thrilled today as we were the day we moved in. We were totally inexperienced in working with a home builder and needed someone who could walk us through the complexities of building a home from start to finish. Jerame was that person. He’s a perfectionist which is what we wanted from someone who was building our house. Secondly, he is honest and has high standards in both his profession and his personal life. To begin the process, we had numerous meetings over a period of many months working with Jerame on the floor plan. My wife and I had different ideas on how the house plan should be laid out, but Jerame had the patience of Jobe and was able to work with us to come up with a design we both liked. Before we signed the contract, we knew exactly what the construction and labor costs were going to be and what the allowances we agreed upon for areas such as lighting and plumbing fixtures. While Jerame has some subcontractors in certain areas that he prefers to work with, he was very flexible in allowing us to be involved, as much or little as we wanted to be, in selecting some of the subcontractors. During the construction, if a subcontractor’s work didn’t meet our expectations Jerame made sure they came back and did it over to our satisfaction. We lived an hour away from the building site, so it wasn’t always convenient to jump in the car and see the day to day progress. However, Jerame would occasionally text us pictures, keeping us informed of their progress. If anything unexpected came up he would always get in touch with us to explain the situation, including our options and the budget implications, and then allowed us to tell him how to proceed. The Tysdal crew and office staff were great to work with. When we would stop by during working hours, Brent would always explain what the crew was working on and what their next project would be. They always made sure at the end of the day to clean up their work areas. Jeanna and Amy were always very helpful and quick to get us the answers to any of our questions. Many things can affect the timing of a house being completed when it’s originally scheduled to be done. In our case, Mother Nature had a lot to do with our house being delayed a bit. For starters, late fall rains prevented the basement from being dug when it was scheduled. During that winter they lost over two weeks of work due to the bitter cold. Jerame has a policy that if the temperature is ten degrees below zero at the start of the workday, they call it off. Something I can certainly appreciate in protecting his crew. One final note. Although my wife and I aren’t golfers our seven-year-old granddaughter decided she wanted to take up golfing. A couple of months ago we took her to a local driving range to practice hitting golf balls and met Jerame who was practicing during his lunch break. We learned he’s an assistant golf coach for the Battle Lake girls’ golf team. He asked if he could give Lainey some pointers and proceeded to take quite a bit of his time to give her a lesson on hitting golf balls with all her clubs. So, ten months after our house was completed my contractor was helping my granddaughter learn how to golf. My kind of contractor
- Tysdal ConstructionI engaged Tysdal Construction as the General Contractor on a Commercial Office Building and would do so over and over again. He helped carry the project from design (very interactive program that allowed you to see what the finished product would look like before even breaking ground), to a very complex permitting process involving Government Regulation, to keeping us on time even and on budget. They were awesome at communicating everything during the construction phase to keep us informed. I would contract with Jerame and his crew again if i had the need
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal Construction has been very responsive since day one. They helped us through the variance process since we lived on a lake and had a unique situation to work through with new construction along with the design/ building process. The design process they use allows for customization and wide selection of products to be used based on the budget for your project. The employees and subcontractors were friendly and great to work with as we checked-in throughout the project. I personally liked how they were well connected with local businesses to assist us in the selection of building materials for our new home. The one item that I can't stress enough is the level of detail they put into their homes as they strive for perfection in their work. After our project was done I had company over to enjoy a summer weekend and I received compliments on how well the finishing work was completed from the trim, cabinets, drywall, lighting and beyond. Those compliments came from one person who has built 4 new homes in their lifetime and another was a contractor by trade. That says a lot on the quality of work that they deliver on
- Tysdal ConstructionOver the past few years we have engaged Tysdal Construction on a number of projects. We have always found them to operate with the highest level of integrity, making sure the projects were completed in a quality fashion, within the time frame and budget agreed to. The largest project we engaged them to do was the design and construction of our year-round lake cabin. The design process used by Jerame included frequent engagement on our part, resulting in the end product is meeting all of our needs perfectly. As important, this project was completed in a quality fashion, in the agreed upon time frame and with-in budget
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal did a great job. Very professional, kind, and timely. They went over the top to get the work done. All employees were professional, courteous and kind. Thank you Tysdal Construction for doing a great job. Some of the work they did required some real configuring and ingenuity because of the way one of the walls was situated. It turned out beautiful!!
- Sisu Builders LLCSISU Builders responded quickly to our request by visiting our home and providing a written quote within a couple days. SISU Builders showed up to do the work when they said they would and worked long hours to make sure our home was sealed to the elements. They did quality work, cleaned up the site and best of all, the final bill came in under the estimate. We would hire SISU Builders again
- Kevin A. Yeager Studio of DesignKevin handled every step of our project from concept drawings to finish. He did the plans and worked with us to choose a builder through bids and an assessment of their capabilities. He managed the project flawlessly even though we were in California for 4 months during construction. Kevin is extremely creative, a masterful communicator and fun to work with. He is always available for questions even years after the project. We would do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him
- Residential Building ContractorAfter Patty at Billman Home Center 5010 Miller Trunk Hwy.Duluth, MN 55811 218-729-8232 did the measurements and drew the schematics, Gary started the demo and measured for the counters and cabinets which he had fabricated by an outside contractor to my wife?s desires. He did an excellent job.
- Affordable Design Builders and RemodelersOur kitchen tiled back splash turned out beautifully. It was a very time consuming project because I had inadvertently picked out single tiles rather than tiles on a mesh backing. Roger worked hard to get the project done in a reasonable time period, working extra late to finish. The installation of our flooring was excellent. We had over 1600 square feet installed and it is beautiful. We are extremely satisfied. I also had a few odd projects that he was very reasonable with the fees and helped us get completed
House Builders in New Ulm
- Business Description:All your Tub, Shower, Whirlpool and Spa systems covered by one source! Serving Minneapolis, St. Paul and Surrounding Communities, along with Western WI Your source for all Tub, Shower, Whirlpool and Spa repair needs. Whether your need is a substrate cosmetic repair, structural repair or a mechanical repair, we will promptly resolve and warranty the issue. Serving New and Existing products. Service arenas include: Single-Family Residential Multi-Family Residential Student Housing Commercial..Recent Review:Excellent repair! The tub looked brand new! The hole in the side of my tub was not only covered it was meshed and the wall was reinforced. Matt was polite and explained the various steps involved in the restoration. Plus he was done within three hours.Deb L.
- Business Description:Affordable Custom Homes Custom Drafting & Design ServicesRecent Review:The house turned out great! We’re very happy with our new home.Nicholas G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are more than just windows...we are the Affordable Way!! Call for a free in-home estimate at (320) 217-5251 or e-mail us at email@example.comRecent Review:Jeremy and Jessica sold us the windows and installed them for us themselves. We could tell by his attention to detail that Jeremy has had a lot of experience in window installation. We observed every step of the installation process, and he explained to us exactly what he was doing and why. They stand by the quality of their work and encouraged us to contact them right away if we had any questions or concerns. We will definitely hire this local Minnesota business again if we choose to install more new windows in our homeEric S.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Christiansen Industrial Developers Inc has newer model, hydraulic cranes from 30 ton to 240 ton. Over 30 years of professional experience serving Bemidji and all of Northern Minnesota. We specialize in site, sewer, water, demolition and heavy lifting work. Some of the other fields of work besides crane service include steel erection, pipeline work, and general construction. Commercial and residential services We will provide you, our customer, the highest level of safety and performance. ..
- Business Description:Residential and Commercial - Designing, Building, Renovations and Property Maintenance
- Business Description:we are a small business with only a few helpers and some subcontractors that work with us
- Business Description:Joseph's Carpentry and Construction knows that there are a lot of things to consider in construction including the aesthetic value. This is why our focus is on the attention to detail in every project whether big or small
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Sleepy Eye
- Lake Crystal
- North Mankato
- Saint James
- Saint Peter
- Good Thunder
- Le Sueur
- Buffalo Lake
- Eagle Lake
home builders in New Ulm
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- BLUE OX TIMBER FRAMES4941 County Rd 82 SE
- Bob Taylor Construction Corp8323 NW 73rd Ave
- BoeKett Building Supply Inc.709 North State Street
- Boondox Builders201 3rd St Nw Suite 201
- Build it Right40496 613th Ave
- Bushard Construction LLC377 County Road 4 SE
- BLUE OX TIMBER FRAMES
- Edmunds & Company Log Home Restorations76050 Mckinley Rd
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Edmunds & Company Log Home Restorations
- five star home improvement1134 oak knoll dr
- five star home improvement
- INTINTSITY WINDOW TINTING14888 COUNTY ROAD 109
- INTINTSITY WINDOW TINTING
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc30347 Julliard St NE
North Branch, Minnesota
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc
- Marcus Building Movers13900 120th Ave SW
- Mastin & Mueller Remodeling601 Linda Drive
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
- Mc Lain Auto Center201 Hwy 91
- MIKE KRAL CONSTRUCTION56491 COUNTY ROAD 15
New Ulm, Minnesota
- Modern Living Concepts Custom Homes25372 110th Street
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Mosaic Contracting Unlimited LLC6101 Norris Lake Rd
- Marcus Building Movers
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance12350 Holly St NW
- Solutions Tub & Mechanical, LLC5865 Neal Ave N PMB 328
- square one contracting and repair, llc126 4th st ne
Blooming Prairie, Minnesota
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STROMBERG CONSTRUCTION LLC41372 LITTLE CLARA DR
DEER RIVER, Minnesota
- SUPER DUTY CONSTRUCTION34616 410TH ST SE
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance
- Tandem Moose Builders Inc3547 Victoria Rd
- Tandem Moose Builders Inc